Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭notuslimited

Yes, I just gave them a call and it was confirmed that a companion ticket can only be used on EI metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Board Walker

So i was trying to book flights from Cork to Palma this morning, it was 28,000 for two of us and a fee of 70(they were 800) which is perfect.

Tried to book and it wouldn't go through so rang them and seats were gone on avios.

Had to pay 400 and 70,000 avios on aer lingus site. What a shower. Looking back i shouldn't have bothered using my avios.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,449 ✭✭✭✭cson

That sounds like you paid a cash + avios fare which is never a good use of avios - the chart is fixed so I'm guessing they sold out the inventory blocked for avios bookings, that's super unlucky.

It's a great program with the peak/off peak & fixed chart, but you do have to be on the ball booking almost as soon as the schedule allows. 26k RT to the US is probably the best deal going given the US3 are more or less dynamic with their award pricing these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

Tried to book and it wouldn't go through so rang them and seats were gone on avios.

How far did you get in the booking process? If you got as far as payment, I'm wondering if it's possible the seats were reserved even though the booking didn't complete. I haven't booked through Avios.com very often so can't say for sure if this could happen here.

The same thing happened to me before with Luxair where there were two seats left at X price, the payment failed and when I tried to make the booking again that price was gone. If I had waited a few hours (up to 24 possibly), the fare would have almost certainly become available again. It was only a few euro though so I just went ahead with it. I have had the same issue with paying for seats on Ryanair as well.

I usually book through AVIOS and its great, but try using your avois on the EI site and you get ripped right off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭TheBetsy

Hi all, have an AerSpace trip coming up shortly ex DUB. The lounge voucher I received says it must be printed to gain access. Is this really the case or can I just show the email? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cshk

Yeah I think so, I used the Aer Card lounge pass and they kept the voucher after scanning in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Browneo

im looking to fly to barbados in the new year. I have upgrades complimentary to business I’m looking to use (4)

what are the chances that

1. The flight I want I will be able to do it on (how likely are you to get an upgrade on your chosen flights in general)
    2. my partner is travelling with me. Is there a case where you can transfer upgrades

thanks

oisin

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

You are looking early enough which is good, but you won't know till you check. You can transfer upgrades to other passengers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭thebiglad

They don't even have to be travelling with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

You won’t need to print it or even show it. Just your boarding pass with either Advantage, AerSpace or Silver or above status will be enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

If I spend 60K per year on the aer credit card what sort of level or rewarsd could I expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I'm platinum with AL and managed to use my 1 free Business upgrade on my return flight from SF in a few weeks.

Any tips / advice on getting a free upgrade on my outbound flight?

The only 1% chance you'd have of getting a free upgrade on the outbound is an operational upgrade due to them overselling Y and you as Platinum somehow being the highest elite on the flight (assuming that's how EI do OPUPs). So in other words: 99% no chance.

Otherwise you can bid to upgrade or use Avios (which I think is ~50k for west coast).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Chances are low unless there is an oversell in Y, it's unlikely on SFO. It's more likely on JFK where they use a west coast plane and have 4 less Y seats as a result.

Typically this will be handled late in the day when it becomes clear they have a problem, i.e at the gate. And yes it will be status but check in early

Only time I got upgraded at airport was at Dublin, got a tap on the shoulder from the lounge agent and new boarding card followed a few minutes later, that was as a lowly gold circle not even platinum. Two of us got upgraded

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭notuslimited

You may have a better chance of picking the Euromillions winning numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

If I’ve used my complimentary upgrade will I still get tier credits for that flight or no?

You will get credits only on the fare you booked and paid for.

Based on a questionnaire I completed recently for Aer Club it seems they are considering spends counting toward tiers but absolutely no detail.

As it stands right now £60k spend will get you 15,000 Avios (unless much of that €60k is booking Aer Lingus flights) - that isn't going to get you very far - the 'benefit's of the credit card already provide 2 European flights off peak which would be around the same Avios cost.

I look upon Avios earned on my credit card simply as bonus points, I am going to use a credit card anyhow so may as well accumulate them but, without other Avios income from flights or even the e-stores it's not worth holding the credit card for Avios alone unless you are prepared to build up over significant time of course.

• Advertisement

Yeah EU interchange caps mean you're not going to get anything decent from credit cards unless you have a UK address and credit score which would open up American Express.

Even the US side of the pond, the Chase Aer Lingus card is not really worth talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Anyone else having issues logging in on the app and website.

Just popping an error message for a good few hours now for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Yeah, it was fine for me a couple of hours ago but now I'm trying to book a flight I can't log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Just tried again and it's back up and working.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i get a free 20kg bag with platinum?

Its usually a 10kg i check in and i'm going on holidays next month but didn't purchase a bag

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Not that I’m aware of - just the 10kg carry on as standard…

Yeah i just checked. its KLM i have the 20kg bag with on silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭rio1

Does anyone know if you still get tier credits if you book a flight to London City on a BA flight via the Aer Lingus app?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭TheBetsy

I would think no, only on EI metal. On another note, is anyone unable to log into the avios.com website for the last few days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Do I read right that silver gives Fasttrack security anytime you fly EI? Do you need to book a time slot like if you pay on airport website or just show upand show them it says Silver on boarding pass? What about the return flight? Can you assume to take the fast security queue anywhere outside Ireland?

Advertisement