Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Meanwhile, I got an email from Aer Lingus today. It's my Gold Circle statement.

No contact about Aer Club still.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

ted1 wrote: »
    You can transfer the points from BA over . We usually fly with BA with work as EI don't go places we need to. Also Aer lingus use the wrong terminal for BA connections.

So transfer lung the points suits me, 405 euro +32,000 points return for 2 to JFK in February. Not bad

How did you transfer them? I've 100k avios with BA but EI would be more useful to me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭ted1

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    How did you transfer them? I've 100k avios with BA but EI would be more useful to me now.

When you log in to avios go to my account and then beside your balance is an option that says combine my points, select this and then login to your BA account in the box provided and select the transfer option

• Registered Users Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭ted1

See the option here: last in the list

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Meanwhile, I got an email from Aer Lingus today. It's my Gold Circle statement.

No contact about Aer Club still.

Got it also.. Turns out I am Elite :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 jamesa9911

Jude13 wrote: »
    I am not up to speed on the gold circle system, I have Avios: 12,710 points and Tier Points:360.

What would that get me? free flight or upgrades or enough for a bag of crisps or something?

I recently did a return trip to London city airport from Dublin with BA. 9000 avios in economy. I assume all airlines using avios will have similar prices for the same route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

I had 1600 points with the old and now that I've been converted i only have 75 points witch is only 25% to silver when i was about 70% to the next level. I should have 2700 but because i booked under special rate unbeknownst to me they wouldn't give me points. Just seems to be the same oul Aer lingus not actually wanting to reward customers. Very disappointed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I had 1600 points with the old and now that I've been converted i only have 75 points witch is only 25% to silver

You have 75 Tier Credits?, the 1,600 old points will convert to 3,200 Avios

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Yep.

"I was in Amsterdam yesterday over and back, it was a "Sale" yet it still cost 270 and EI wont grant me the Gold circle points.

Hope Ryanair move into Cork and start the route like dublin because i'm sick of Aer Lingus."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

I was talking to EI yesterday - the agent put me on hold and checked my account with an old Gold Circle agent. I was told that flights within the period assessed for AerClub have been given tier credits (for Greens) in most cases, but flights since that period and now, i.e. mid October to now, are still being assessed individually.

I was given 45 tier credits for the period Oct-Oct (didn't do much GC earning flights in that period), but earned 1400 GC points in November, so waiting to see how many tier credits that gets me. Going by the new rules, it should be about 200. They said it should be sorted out by mid December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,545 ✭✭✭✭L1011

November not having been added yet explains some of my missing tier credits anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'm in Silver, but showing 0 tier credits...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭crisco10

ImDave wrote: »
    I was talking to EI yesterday - the agent put me on hold and checked my account with an old Gold Circle agent. I was told that flights within the period assessed for AerClub have been given tier credits (for Greens) in most cases, but flights since that period and now, i.e. mid October to now, are still being assessed individually.

I was given 45 tier credits for the period Oct-Oct (didn't do much GC earning flights in that period), but earned 1400 GC points in November, so waiting to see how many tier credits that gets me. Going by the new rules, it should be about 200. They said it should be sorted out by mid December.

The mystery continues then, because I earned 1650 points in Oct to Oct period, but got 45 tier points also.

Genuinely think it was a random, screw you formula from Aer Lingus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

What was the exact date range between Oct 15 & Oct 16?

What was the exact date range between Oct 15 & Oct 16?

You have to assume it was October 1st 2015 to September 30th 2016

a period in which I earned 2,400 GC points, yet was only given 60 Tier Credits

(if the period was Nov 1st 2015 - Oct 31st 2016, I'd have still earned 2,400 GC points).

In reply to post above.

On flyertalk somebody mentioned that tier points were based on the number of flights taken since the last GC renewal date (I was gold, now green). My "Gold" Gold Circle card had a April renewal date.

Since April I've undertaken 6 flights with EI, all Plus fares. Magically 45 tier points divides into 7.5 tier points per flight which would tally with the base discount fare. Considering these were all plus fares I should have 150 tier points if that is the methodology being applied.

They really haven't explained this at all to their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Safe to assume 'Smart' wasn't involved in managing the transition from the old system to the new.

I've been given green with only the 250 points for being an existing member so I'm out.
    I'll still be using Aer Lingus most of the time as the route timings generally suit but I won't be bothering with this particular loyalty scheme, it's not worth the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

In reply to post above.

On flyertalk somebody mentioned that tier points were based on the number of flights taken since the last GC renewal date (I was gold, now green). My "Gold" Gold Circle card had a April renewal date.

Since April I've undertaken 6 flights with EI, all Plus fares. Magically 45 tier points divides into 7.5 tier points per flight which would tally with the base discount fare. Considering these were all plus fares I should have 150 tier points if that is the methodology being applied.

They really haven't explained this at all to their customers.
    So a plus fare isn't a different fare class, its an add on, its not a higher booking class

So in the past plus fares didn't post anything in GC as the system would see W/Z/A. So if they ran a dumb process they might have classified as 'low' fares and 7.5

Time to call and speak to a human, might be sufficient to push you to Silver depending on your 12 month mid Oct 15/Oct

The GC system would see W/Z/A/U/T fares if departing from UK/US/CA so you could get credit in AC for them, but if you flew from anywhere else they wont be counted so a big mess

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Downsey77

Has anyone who qualified in Silver or Platinum received any tier points on their AC account yet?

So a plus fare isn't a different fare class, its an add on, its not a higher booking class

So in the past plus fares didn't post anything in GC as the system would see W/Z/A. So if they ran a dumb process they might have classified as 'low' fares and 7.5

Time to call and speak to a human, might be sufficient to push you to Silver depending on your 12 month mid Oct 15/Oct

The GC system would see W/Z/A/U/T fares if departing from UK/US/CA so you could get credit in AC for them, but if you flew from anywhere else they wont be counted so a big mess

I've been having a discussion with aerlingus on twitter today via DM. I did ask for an email address but they told me to DM them.

Tier points are awarded on the October 2015 to October 2016 range. As I didn't qualify I've been given 45 tier points. Now the question is 45 tier points given to anyone who didn't make the 2400 cut off? Depending on the exact date range used I could have between 1100 and 2250 points.

On the other point I was reglious in ensuring I got my GC points as I always buy plus fares. They were credited to my account.

I've asked them for clarification on some points so I'll see what they come back with.

W

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭notuslimited

I rang EI Aer Club today and the lady I spoke to told me that they were working their way through accounts to see if people have been transferred across incorrectly. She advised that the process would take until 15 Dec to complete and that I should get back to them after that date if I still had concerns re membership level.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,545 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Has there been any mutterings as to whether the Supervalu earn (not much use to me, unless I can also push my ESB SV points over) and BOI earn (very much use to me - push at least 15k a year over my BOI CC) are coming on?

All the hype mentioned a financial services partner and I will change CC as required as 0.1% SV points is not quite doing it - AIB Platinum would be better for instance if I was looking at it from a financial perspective alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Downsey77 wrote: »
    Has anyone who qualified in Silver or Platinum received any tier points on their AC account yet?

Platinum and no tier points have come through yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

RMDrive wrote: »

Platinum and no tier points have come through yet.
    it's doubtful whether any tier points should come through - the old GC balance has been split in two:
    what level are you in AC, 
    And how many avios do they convert to.
    I'm AC silver (was GC) and no tier points

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm Platinum. I've received my Avios, but not my tier credits. Am going to give it a little more time so settle down and if not sorted then, I'll chase them

dudara wrote: »

I'm Platinum. I've received my Avios, but not my tier credits. Am going to give it a little more time so settle down and if not sorted then, I'll chase them
    But why are you expecting tier points? You've qualified, have your status for the next year or two - what are they needed for?

Dardania wrote: »
    But why are you expecting tier points? You've qualified, have your status for the next year or two - what are they needed for?

Exactly, anyone who's 'got in' will have 0 tier credits, and will be starting from scratch to maintain their status.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

In order to advance through the tiers during the year without having to start the membership year at zero.

Gold circle membership was always for a year but advancement worked on a rolling 12 months basis.

maximum12 wrote: »

In order to advance through the tiers during the year without having to start the membership year at zero.

Gold circle membership was always for a year but advancement worked on a rolling 12 months basis.

that's actually a fair point - didn't think of that.

• Advertisement

that's actually a fair point - didn't think of that.

Thats what happens when you spend 8 years as only Gold, and never even thinking about making the next tier up!! (except that 1 year I almost made 4,800!!, I will forever rue missing that last flight that would have got me over the line).

Advertisement