Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Lads I all ready had the EI app for booking flights the last time I logged on it(about a week ago) directed me to joining Aer club.
    My question is if I'm booking flights for myself &herself just using my Aer club membership do I get the rewards for just one flight or for two.

You can't directly earns points from other peoples bookings.

However avios has a great feature where you can join several accounts to a "family" and pass the points around. Note that while you can pass points around tier points remain with the flier, tier are what's crucial for frequent fliers as these are what count for status.

So register both yourself and your partner to aer club then create a family in avios

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

donkey balls

Are you just looking for points for both of you (based on total price AFAIK), deduct taxes. According to EI it's 3 points for each €1.

Not sure if you are referring to one booking for two people to count as 2 flights to move up tiers with Aer Club.

endagibson wrote: »
    The admin fare goes to Aer Lingus. Why would that not count?

Perhaps it does, I have asked them on FB.
    Related to the above, I have wondered for years what the difference is between a "fee" and a "charge".

Lets be brutally honest here – passengers don't give two rats what the supplements are. The bottom line figure is all that matters.

I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    donkey balls

Are you just looking for points for both of you (based on total price AFAIK), deduct taxes. According to EI it's 3 points for each €1.

Not sure if you are referring to one booking for two people to count as 2 flights to move up tiers with Aer Club.

I was just wondering with me paying for both of us and her name down as a guest would she receive the award points as well, Also if your company books your flights can you claim on them.

I was just wondering with me paying for both of us and her name down as a guest would she receive the award points as well, Also if your company books your flights can you claim on them.

If you company books the flights you need to get them to put your AerClub number in at time of booking to get the points.

If you sign into AerClub on Aer Lingus site you can add people in "My Travel Companions" section to claim points for guests but I suspect if you didn't do this you should still get the points once your membership number is added when booking. Would make no snesne if they didn't allow this.

If your booking a hotel via the Avios E Store are really good offers such as Expedia are giving 7 per €1 so could be a easy way to gets lots of points.

• Advertisement

I just checked to see if any points had been added to my account with the flights I recently booked,It is showing up zero points do the points only go on to your membership only after you've flown?

I just checked to see if any points had been added to my account with the flights I recently booked,It is showing up zero points do the points only go on to your membership only after you've flown?

Yeah after your fly, could take a few days to appear.

Thanks for that I'm not due to fly out with EI till next year so will keep an eye on it after I've flown

• Registered Users Posts: 4,420 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

for some reason AerClub keeps telling me i cannot complete my registration even though am moving for GC to Aerclub..anyone else seen this ?

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭geekington

Tweeted Aer Lingus as I've not been credited with any tier points for 6 flights I've take since Dec 1. Their reply was remarkable and shows how much of a mess it is! Don't be expecting to see tier points appearing any time soon!

"tier credits haven't been awarded to accounts as yet. It will be another few weeks at least."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,544 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I suspect I'll figure it out myself; but does anyone have an easy guide on getting Avios from BAEC to Aerclub?

edit: rather easy; log in to BAEC, Combine My Avios, select avios.com and login with Aerclub details; done.

geekington wrote: »
    Tweeted Aer Lingus as I've not been credited with any tier points for 6 flights I've take since Dec 1. Their reply was remarkable and shows how much of a mess it is! Don't be expecting to see tier points appearing any time soon!

"tier credits haven't been awarded to accounts as yet. It will be another few weeks at least."

TBH while a poor launch, they did say it would be towards end of January before such awards are showing on accounts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

TBH while a poor launch, they did say it would be towards end of January before such awards are showing on accounts etc.

When and where did they say this?

RMDrive wrote: »

Them, it was a phased launch last month with most points/tiers appearing this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭geekington

Was there any specific reason they rushed to do it before the end of 2016 rather than wait a few more weeks? Is suspect this was due to what they previously communicated but wonder if their agreement with Avios forced them to move early. I can't imagine that they felt at HQ that this is a satisfactory plan! It was always going to be tough but they just made it so much worse for themselves.
    Can't think of many product launches whereby the new product is fundamentally broken and core functionality missing at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭notuslimited

Them, it was a phased launch last month with most points/tiers appearing this month.

EI Aer Club admin told me it would all be sorted by mid December.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

EI Aer Club admin told me it would all be sorted by mid December.

Mid December 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Who is them? Where was a phased launched mentioned? Where did they communicate to their customers that most points/tiers would appear in January? Where did they tell people that flights between Mind Oct and the end of November were neither eligible for tier points, nor were considered when people were allocated to AC tiers?

I don't recall receiving those communications.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Mid December 2017

Had a good chat with the lounge folks over Christmas, frustrated and confused wouldn't describe it and that just dealing with the hordes of BAEC thinking its a free for all now since Willie bought EI. They can't wait till OneWorld appears, makes everything work

Good news is tier credits should start to appear in January

The December but what year joke did its usual rounds.

The good news if there is news is that tier credits should post correctly from all locations now, previously is was only on flights checked in on the Astral system (i.e. IE/UK/US)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Mid December 2017

Sounds optimistic.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭riddles

Hi,

I booked flights sometime back to Orlando - through AL. I booked the without using my login for AL. I was hoping to link the trip and get Aer club points but I seems to be in a jumble now.

If you login to the AL website and then click "Already have an Aer Lingus account? Join here"

when you click this - If you recently linked your existing Avios account with AerClub, log in using these details.

so if you try to sign up with aerclub it tells you the account is already in use. So the question is how to get to aer club and how to link an existing trip to get the points.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Give AL a shout themselves, I'm sure they will help you out:

https://classic.aerlingus.com/support/contact-us/
    AerClub
    Queries regarding our frequent flier programme

1890 800600

Who is them? Where was a phased launched mentioned? Where did they communicate to their customers that most points/tiers would appear in January? Where did they tell people that flights between Mind Oct and the end of November were neither eligible for tier points, nor were considered when people were allocated to AC tiers?

I don't recall receiving those communications.

FAO's

Q - Why can I not see my Avios points and Tier Credits earned on Aer Lingus flights since AerClub launched?

A - We are taking a phased approach to the roll-out of AerClub which means some functions will be available after our initial launch. The Avios points and Tier Credits earned by flying with Aer Lingus will be available to see shortly.

In the meantime, your travel activity will be captured and stored once you enter your new AerClub membership number when booking. Avios points earned through non-air partners such as at Kildare Village Outlet, will be available to see from November 30th once they have been processed.
    _____

I have heard end of this month before many will appear,

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

I am trying to register for this - the website is such a joke.

can anyone answer my question? I have a BOI Gold Circle Card. I never registered or accrued points. I understand my card is now useless for lounge or fast track access.

All I care about is fast track - Will I get fast track when I eventually I get an Aer Club account set up? Something tells me not....

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    I am trying to register for this - the website is such a joke.

can anyone answer my question? I have a BOI Gold Circle Card. I never registered or accrued points. I understand my card is now useless for lounge or fast track access.

All I care about is fast track - Will I get fast track when I eventually I get an Aer Club account set up? Something tells me not....

Thanks

A simple look at the FAQ's tells you that your BOI Gold Circle Card benefits remain the exact same! Calm down

https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/about-aerclub/faqs/

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    A simple look at the FAQ's tells you that your BOI Gold Circle Card benefits remain the exact same! Calm down

https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/about-aerclub/faqs/

I am perfectly calm thanks. Their rep on twitter has contradicted this FAQ.

"Unfortunately, Sean, this will no longer provide these facilities. You will need to register for our new Aer Club"

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ishotjr2

I just went to use my Avios! Hilarious how useless they are I have 13K Avios the flight I needed was 65K Avios + 533 euro, but if I booked it without Avios it was 648e.

I do a lot of US trips, for the priority check-in it is worth it but for the lounges and air miles absolutely useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭endagibson

geekington wrote: »
    Was there any specific reason they rushed to do it before the end of 2016 rather than wait a few more weeks? Is suspect this was due to what they previously communicated but wonder if their agreement with Avios forced them to move early.
    There must be a contract somewhere with a milestone payment due.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    I am perfectly calm thanks. Their rep on twitter has contradicted this FAQ.

"Unfortunately, Sean, this will no longer provide these facilities. You will need to register for our new Aer Club"

I think we all know that the EI social media team don't really have a clue about what's happening with AerClub.

This photo was posted over on FlyerTalk recently and shows the access levels for all cards including the BOI Business Gold card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Downsey77

What is the Captain's Card, I saw that before and wondered about it, anyone know?

Advertisement