Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

So even with Silver status you don't get lounge access??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Deagol

So even with Silver status you don't get lounge access??

Silver gets you into Aer Lingus lounges only. If it's a 3rd party lounge then no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Deagol wrote:
    Silver gets you into Aer Lingus lounges only. If it's a 3rd party lounge then no.

Exactly so no 51st and Green then

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    I am perfectly calm thanks. Their rep on twitter has contradicted this FAQ.

"Unfortunately, Sean, this will no longer provide these facilities. You will need to register for our new Aer Club"

I have used my BOI gold card in the last week to get myself and my wife into the cork lounge, and to priority board. It works. Aer Lingus social media are clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Exactly so no 51st and Green then

You never would have had that anyways? It was only elite and prestige gold circle that got you in there so I'd say it will be concierge only under AC, maybe platinum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 OnDeBanks

Has anyone got access to the lounge in Dublin Airport recently with their Gold Circle card? Someone said on Twitter that they were accepting them until the end of January contrary to what the Aerclub site says.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

OnDeBanks wrote: »
    Has anyone got access to the lounge in Dublin Airport recently with their Gold Circle card? Someone said on Twitter that they were accepting them until the end of January contrary to what the Aerclub site says.

Interesting. I'm flying with them this weekend. Would be interested to know either way.

Interesting. I'm flying with them this weekend. Would be interested to know either way.

Try it, and try fast track as well,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kiwster

They let me in last week but not this week. She said everyone who should have status with Aer Club now will have received their cards already. I was told to contact guestrelations@aerlingus.com last week. I emailed them and still no reply

• Advertisement

kiwster wrote: »
    They let me in last week but not this week. She said everyone who should have status with Aer Club now will have received their cards already. I was told to contact guestrelations@aerlingus.com last week. I emailed them and still no reply

Call them

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kiwster

On which number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

I just completed my first jaunt to Sakhalin without Aer Lingus. Refreshing to say the least and i dont have to walk 30 minutes out of my way in Schiphol now either since EI and KLM dont work together any more. I gave up totally on EI and their "loyalty" program. Our company does not use Aer Lingus any more thank god and Seoul was a nice change to Moscow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I just completed my first jaunt to Sakhalin without Aer Lingus. Refreshing to say the least and i dont have to walk 30 minutes out of my way in Schiphol now either since EI and KLM dont work together any more. I gave up totally on EI and their "loyalty" program. Our company does not use Aer Lingus any more thank god and Seoul was a nice change to Moscow.

Similar situation here; my bi-monthly Singapore run is Emirates via DXB. I could do without the long "how to use ICE" repeated in Arabic on every flight, and ditto for the Dubai promo video - but aside from that I'm happy with the service.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

kiwster wrote:
    On which number?

AerClub section on website...contact us

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

The move from Gold Circle to AerClub is a complete fiasco by Aer Lingus. I fly with them nearly every week and have Concierge status but yet when I try to use any of the benefits I can't. I tried phoning them and was told to email them. I have emailed them repeatedly and there is no response. None of my points have transferred either and they will not respond.

They have replaced a poor loyalty scheme with an absolutely useless one.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,544 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Are there even mutters on a credit card partner yet? Lots of suggestion in the UK that BA are dumping Lloyds for an apparently IAG-wide deal with Amex. Which are a pain in the arse to get let alone use here.

Ads in Private Eye for the UK one with a decent enough intro offer - 25k bonus for £3000 spend in 3 months which I'd easily reach on my normal card but not a chance on an Amex!

L1011 wrote: »
    Are there even mutters on a credit card partner yet? Lots of suggestion in the UK that BA are dumping Lloyds for an apparently IAG-wide deal with Amex. Which are a pain in the arse to get let alone use here.

Ads in Private Eye for the UK one with a decent enough intro offer - 25k bonus for £3000 spend in 3 months which I'd easily reach on my normal card but not a chance on an Amex!

I've had an Amex for business since 2009 and it's a nightmare card to use, but hopefully they do a deal and allow me to collect even more Avios to spend on nothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭Comhrá

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

That's an impressive statement.
    “Not everybody will be happy with where they end up in terms of tier status,” he said, “but I do want to make sure is that the communication (with members) is honest, it’s quick and it’s responsive.”

Just going on the posts on this thread, no-one seems to have a massive issue with their placement or status. Its the failure to reward money spent (margin delivered?) lack of communication from AerClub, the lack of detail and clarity and the lack of responsiveness to complaints that are the main issues of the posters here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

tippman1 wrote: »

Kavanagh doesn't care one iota about customers, customer staisfaction, customer experience etc. To him all these things are just costs he wants to cut back on. This mans tunnel vision is on counting the penneys and that's it. Since he has taken over from Muller, the quality and brand has been slipping away.
    If AerClub was rolled out under Mullers conscientious eye this whole experience would have been very different

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Agreed, the lack of communication has been extremely poor. It's not even possible to speak to a person about the mess. The poor ladies at the reception desk in the T2 lounge were snowed under with queries at 6am last Mon morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Deagol

That statement is just breathtaking in it's stupidity and if I was an EI shareholder I'd be looking for the guys head. To paraphrase.. It's not his job to keep his regular customers happy and encourage them to fly again with his airline?!

Good grief, how do these clowns become Chiefs etc... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Tenger wrote: »
    That's an impressive statement.
    “Not everybody will be happy with where they end up in terms of tier status,” he said, “but I do want to make sure is that the communication (with members) is honest, it’s quick and it’s responsive.”

Just going on the posts on this thread, no-one seems to have a massive issue with their placement or status. Its the failure to reward money spent (margin delivered?) lack of communication from AerClub, the lack of detail and clarity and the lack of responsiveness to complaints that are the main issues of the posters here.

Ahmm, this is not true. Loads of people (myself included) absolutely shafted by AL with their placement and the lack of reward for their flights over the last few months.

In July last year, I made prestige level. If I had stopped flying then, I'd be in the exact same position as I am now with AC. But in reality I made 8 return trips to Chicago since then for which I am not receiving any tier credits.

Has anyone successfully appealed being demoted down to green tier from gold or higher?

I've sent a few emails and had nothing back,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

I'll be voting with my feet anyway, their exec must think he's some Michael O'Leary lite or something...doesn't work so well when you target your most frequent customers, baffling really.

Lufthansa can have the circa €20k a year in fares, only difference it makes to me is a more reliable frequent flyer programme so I might actually benefit from all the work travel.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

RMDrive wrote: »
    Ahmm, this is not true. Loads of people (myself included) absolutely shafted by AL with their placement and the lack of reward for their flights over the last few months.

In July last year, I made prestige level. If I had stopped flying then, I'd be in the exact same position as I am now with AC. But in reality I made 8 return trips to Chicago since then for which I am not receiving any tier credits.
    I apologise, I didnt meant to ignore or dismiss your issue with tier placement. I was trying to make the point that the CEO seems to be implying that the complaints are about members being downgraded, rather than the more important issue of lack of clarity and reward. He seems to be fobbing off the social media backlash as mere whinging about loss of perks.
    I would 100% disagree with this after reading this thread and others on flyertalk. (I also have 2 close mates and a brother who each travel 2-3 times per month from Dublin for work so the AerClub situation directly affects them...I often get my DUB airport info from them!)

In your case the very significant real money spent of 8 return flights to Chicago not being redeemed to your account. This to me is a very big issue, perhaps more important in the long term than the initial placement post launch. The initial placement was always going to be problematic as they were changing 3 tiers into 4, with a change to perks. EI however could have made sure to reward travel and spent in the first few months to allow any members to quite quickly move up in status/tier, or even to increase tier rewards for the first 3-6 months to make up for the delay in launch from May to November.

Of course its easy for me to make this statement being a mere Green member who no longer travels very often except to the UK.

Tenger wrote: »
    The initial placement was always going to be problematic as they were changing 3 tiers into 4

I would disagree with this point,

all thats happened is they have renamed 'Applicant' (Gold Circle) to 'Green' (Aer Club), so as I see it it's 4 into 4, the only difference being you can now collect points (Avios) while still at the applicant (green) stage (though you could also do this in GC, they just only lasted 12 months if you didn't make it in)

there were 3 tiers of actual membership of Gold Circle, and there are 3 tiers of actual membership of AerClub

fobbing people off to Green tier has effectively booted them back down to applicant stage, and they can call it what they like, but it's not in any way a membership of their loyalty scheme.

I was Gold for 8 years straight, always ensuring I had enough points at the end of my 12 months to continue membership (usually got close to 3,000/4,000 points per year). and now I'm a Green member with 60 Tier credits, despite me earning 420 tier credits over the previous 12 months (I know I know, that means nothing up to AerClub launch), so despite my continued loyalty, I find myself on the outside wondering why should I bother flying with them anymore when I can just fly Ryanair and add fast track to my booking!
    I never needed plus fares, but I'd always book them in order to get the points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I never needed plus fares, but I'd always book them in order to get the points.

That's precisely why having my complete points set wiped out stings so much. Like you, I booked plus for the points.

I'm just about to qualify for Emirates Silver. Most of my travel is to south-east Asia at the moment, so DXB is as convenient a connection point as anything operated by IAG.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

The whole thing is just a joke really, poor communication and even worse implementation. The CEO can have a pop at people whinging but the reality is its IE making a balls of bringing it in.

Advertisement