Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

geekington wrote: »
    In Dublin airport and they confirmed to me that Silver members will have access to all lounges again from Feb 13th. So your lounge access will be the same as it was on the previous Gold Circle level

Does that include bringing a guest?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭crisco10

In Dublin airport and they confirmed to me that Silver members will have access to all lounges again from Feb 13th. So your lounge access will be the same as it was on the previous Gold Circle level

I take it that doesn't include partner lounges? (E.g BA's lounges at various regional UK airports) given the Benefits page on the EI website specifically says that isnt the case..

https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/using-aerclub/tiers-and-benefits/#/tab-0-green

crisco10 wrote: »
    I take it that doesn't include partner lounges? (E.g BA's lounges at various regional UK airports) given the Benefits page on the EI website specifically says that isnt the case..

https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/using-aerclub/tiers-and-benefits/#/tab-0-green

I say it hasn't been updated as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭geekington

It will include partner lounges - currently Silver isn't allowed in but from Feb 13th they will be allowed back. No guest though...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

It will include partner lounges - currently Silver isn't allowed in but from Feb 13th they will be allowed back. No guest though...

What about fast track? Are you allowed bring a guest?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Feb 13th what year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Aer Lingus Supervalu partnership has been launched.

https://supervalu.ie/rewards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Once I was a loyal Aer Lingus passenger. Then they took all my points away.

My last flight with them was end October. I've taken twelve flights since and have five more booked as of this writing. Not a single one is EI.

They won't care. One passenger is not important after all.

But if lots of former Gold Circle members follow my approach, perhaps it may make a difference?

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Noxegon wrote: »
    Once I was a loyal Aer Lingus passenger. Then they took all my points away.

My last flight with them was end October. I've taken twelve flights since and have five more booked as of this writing. Not a single one is EI.

They won't care. One passenger is not important after all.

But if lots of former Gold Circle members follow my approach, perhaps it may make a difference?
    Perhaps but there aren't really many viabale options (with good frequent flyer programmes) from Ireland to compete without having to connect etc

Why didn't you use them?? You had over 12 months notice too. Your own fault like, take a bit of personal responsibility here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭notuslimited

Mayo Salmon....please give the guy a break. The change to Aer Club has been and continues to be a dogs breakfast. I'm at Concierge (which EI eventually relented and gave me having been EI Elite) and my account is way down from both an avios and tier points perspective since 1 Dec 2016 when points started accruing. The whole thing is an unholy mess with the only redeeming feature is the staff on the phone who normally work wonders. Unfortunately they can't solve my disappearing points. You seem to be one of the only cheer leaders for Aer Club. What makes you so happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Noxegon

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Why didn't you use them?? You had over 12 months notice too. Your own fault like, take a bit of personal responsibility here.

Actually, what happened was that they failed to credit me points for a number "plus" fares that I'd purchased. As a consequence, I didn't have the magic number for renewal of Gold Circle, and thus dropped to applicant right before the conversion. Applicants did not have any points moved, and thus I was reset to zero.

Should I have spotted the failure to credit in a more timely fashion? Yes, though I'd point out that every other airline I've ever had a frequent flyer card with manages to reliably award points with no fuss. It has only ever been an EI issue.

As far as I'm concerned I paid for something that was never provided to me.

To that end, I will not be flying Aer Lingus any longer except as a last resort.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Deagol

Are you some kind of strange EI / Aerclub fanboy? Or are you one of those strange people who still think EI is 'Irish' and we should support them?

I was GC and they just wiped my account of every point, gave me green and have since refused to register missing points. I'm now booking BA for everything possible instead of EI. You somehow will blame me for EI's f*ck ups though?

Deagol wrote: »
    Are you some kind of strange EI / Aerclub fanboy? Or are you one of those strange people who still think EI is 'Irish' and we should support them?

I was GC and they just wiped my account of every point, gave me green and have since refused to register missing points. I'm now booking BA for everything possible instead of EI. You somehow will blame me for EI's f*ck ups though?

Fanboy?? How old are you?

Look Gold Circle is dead, closed, over!!!

It was an archaic program which was constantly ranked as the worse FFP in Europe. I am happy it is gone and aerclub has replaced it.

I can get credit for every single flight now, I couldn't do that in Gold Circle and to that end I am happy.

It's over, was it a shambles yes and hindsight EI should of just mapped everybody across in the same tier...they didn't and curse for that but its over now. Start fresh and get over it.

I can get credit for every single flight now, I couldn't do that in Gold Circle and to that end I am happy.

It's over, was it a shambles yes and hindsight EI should of just mapped everybody across in the same tier...they didn't and curse for that but its over now. Start fresh and get over it.

I can only presume you are an infrequent flyer and as yet haven't flown with EI since the Aerclub start? You seem to not have grasped or completely missed the point that people AREN'T getting their points from Aerclub flights?

So we have:
    1) No points credit from GC for points that we earned.
    2) Loss of status despite what Aerclub / GC promised.
    3) Aerclub not crediting points for flying since launch.

If I was to ignore the past and forget points 1 and 2, point 3 makes it a bit hard to 'start fresh and get over it' as you so succintely put it.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Fanboy?? How old are you?

Look Gold Circle is dead, closed, over!!!

It was an archaic program which was constantly ranked as the worse FFP in Europe. I am happy it is gone and aerclub has replaced it.

I'm all right Jack.

I've taken one flight since the launch and tier credits and avios credited to me OK.

Have another flight in three weeks....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,542 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I still haven't received tier credits for flights in the time period between the cutoff date for the first batch and the launch of the scheme. Have booked two DUB-AMS-DUB returns on KL and a trip to OPO that I clearly can't take on EI now (route cancelled) has been booked on AF out, KL back. Could get quite used to this I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Apologies if this has been posted before but i have only spotted it now.

"How not to treat your customers who want to sign up to your loyalty program"
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-treat-customers-who-want-sign-up-your-loyalty-program-simon-klaus?trk=hp-feed-article-title-like

Supervalu -> Avios has gone live with a 250 point bonus for first conversion (minimum 50 points). Its 1=1 which is crap compared to Clubcard in the UK.

• Advertisement

I've taken one flight since the launch and tier credits and avios credited to me OK.

Have another flight in three weeks....

Exactly as have the majority 99% of people to be fair.

I can only presume you are an infrequent flyer and as yet haven't flown with EI since the Aerclub start? You seem to not have grasped or completely missed the point that people AREN'T getting their points from Aerclub flights?

So we have:
    2) Loss of status despite what Aerclub / GC promised.

If I was to ignore the past and forget points 1 and 2, point 3 makes it a bit hard to 'start fresh and get over it' as you so succintely put it.

Gold Circle is closed your balance if you were a status member in GC was 2:1, if you were wiped and given some tier credits

2)Loss of status despite what Aerclub / GC promised.
    Promised? You were promised nothing!

My flights have credited as have many others. If your missing flights/credits email them.

I must say they've really streamlined the process for collecting Avios at Kildare Village.

"As an AerClub Member you can collect 5 Avios for every €4* you spend in Kildare Village or any one of the nine Chic Outlet Shopping® Villages. Just present your AerClub Membership Number and shopping receipts at the Tourist Information or Welcome Centre on the day of your visit to collect your Avios."

They could have just allowed a scan/swipe of an AerClub card to get the avios at point of sale, but alas, I guess they didn't want to print out a load of green cards.

That has always been the setup (this predates AerClub, the owners of the chain of retail parks does Avios in general)

I must say they've really streamlined the process for collecting Avios at Kildare Village.

"As an AerClub Member you can collect 5 Avios for every €4* you spend in Kildare Village or any one of the nine Chic Outlet Shopping® Villages. Just present your AerClub Membership Number and shopping receipts at the Tourist Information or Welcome Centre on the day of your visit to collect your Avios."

They could have just allowed a scan/swipe of an AerClub card to get the avios at point of sale, but alas, I guess they didn't want to print out a load of green cards.

They would be Kildare Village I take it...Aer Lingus would have limited input here.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭notuslimited

Gold Circle is closed your balance if you were a status member in GC was 2:1, if you were wiped and given some tier credits

2)Loss of status despite what Aerclub / GC promised.
    Promised? You were promised nothing!

My flights have credited as have many others. If your missing flights/credits email them.

Re Point 3 above, since 1 December 2016 only 5 flights from 14 have posted. I contacted EI on a number of occasions most recently on 20 Jan and EI staff have acknowledged that there continues to be IT issues with the Aer Club system and they can't say when they will be rectified. Colleagues of mine are having the same issues as myself.

Re Point 3 above, since 1 December 2016 only 5 flights from 14 have posted. I contacted EI on a number of occasions most recently on 20 Jan and EI staff have acknowledged that there continues to be IT issues with the Aer Club system and they can't say when they will be rectified. Colleagues of mine are having the same issues as myself.

Once an AerClub number is inserted in a booking they will be automatically credited, nothing will fall of the system in that regard.

There is nothing unique to Aer Lingus in this regard as the files needed for crediting are output by global airlines systems.

Once an AerClub number is inserted in a booking they will be automatically credited, nothing will fall of the system in that regard.

You're joking right?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

They were hopelessly awful at applying flight points during Gold Circle, so what makes you think things will get any better as AerClub??

I estimated in the 7 years I was in Gold Circle I missed out on about 4,000-5,000 points that were never credited to my account. Did I care? not really as enough points were still applied every year to keep me in GC, so I couldn't be arsed chasing most of them up, as that in itself was a drama;

"place your 15 digit ticket number in the box below (the box that will only accept 14 digits)"

Jaysus, I never thought of contacting them.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

There is nothing unique to Aer Lingus in this regard as the files needed for crediting are output by global airlines systems.

This is simply untrue

Advertisement