Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭notuslimited

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Once an AerClub number is inserted in a booking they will be automatically credited, nothing will fall of the system in that regard.

There is nothing unique to Aer Lingus in this regard as the files needed for crediting are output by global airlines systems.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Used to work in an airline so I'm afraid I do!

DCS around the world provide this function. Aerlingus don't have some unique system here. They will simply take an output from the DCS at the end of the day, any FFP numbers from AerClub will be validated and credited. This didn't happen in Gold Circle as the thing was an antiquated dinosaur of a yoke.

Used to work in an airline so I'm afraid I do!

DCS around the world provide this function. Aerlingus don't have some unique system here. They will simply take an output from the DCS at the end of the day, any FFP numbers from AerClub will be validated and credited. This didn't happen in Gold Circle as the thing was an antiquated dinosaur of a yoke.

So tell me...what's changed to make the Aer Club system better at retrieving the DCS data than the old GC software...bearing in mind that I have an email from xxxxx in GC admin in Dublin telling me they are having systems problems. What happens to flights which are checked in using a different system to DCS or is DCS a system used by all of EI's handling agents across Europe, North Africa and the US? Also, I'm interested that you worked in an airline. Which one was it and what did you do. We might know that same people as I worked in Aer Lingus for eight years in a number of passenger facing roles on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

So tell me...what's changed to make the Aer Club system better at retrieving the DCS data than the old GC software...bearing in mind that I have an email from Catriona in GC admin in Dublin telling me they are having systems problems. What happens to flights which are checked in using a different system to DCS or is DCS a system used by all of EI's handling agents acrossEurope, North Africa and the US? Also, I'm interested that you worked in an airline. Which one was it and what did you do. We might know that same people as I worked in Aer Lingus for eight years in a number of passenger facing roles on the ground.

I have had many an email conversation with xxxxx..

Thankfully, she used to help me out when every flight I took from Dusseldorf to Dublin was not credited.

Thankfully, she used to help me out when every flight I took from Dusseldorf to Dublin were not credited.

I agree. Catriona is a credit to EI. She is wonderful to deal with. The unfortunate thing is that since the introduction of Aer Club I have been advised that I must email my flight details in to be credited to my account whereas in the GC days I could just phone the Elite line and it would be done there and then.

• Advertisement

I agree. xxxxxx is a credit to EI. She is wonderful to deal with. The unfortunate thing is that since the introduction of Aer Club I have been advised that I must email my flight details in to be credited to my account whereas in the GC days I could just phone the Elite line and it would be done there and then.

As I said already on this thread, all by Aer Lingus flights are booked as BA codeshares now. No problems with that nonsense any longer.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Thankfully the majority of flights I've taken in the last 2/3 years have been to/from the U.K. So I've not had many missing flights, but that's not to say it doesn't happen,

The issue was always a plus fare that still came through as one of the fare classes that didn't get Gold Circle points (despite points being a benefit of plus fares, hence me always buying plus fares)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

So tell me...what's changed to make the Aer Club system better at retrieving the DCS data than the old GC software..

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they had someone manually inputting flights from that file into sum excel spreadsheet for calculation.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they had someone manually inputting flights from that file into sum excel spreadsheet for calculation.

100,000 Gold Circle members taking on average 18-30 flights per year, roughly 2-3 million flights. So about 12,000 individual flight inputs per day (minimum)

Manual input indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Re Point 3 above, since 1 December 2016 only 5 flights from 14 have posted. I contacted EI on a number of occasions most recently on 20 Jan and EI staff have acknowledged that there continues to be IT issues with the Aer Club system and they can't say when they will be rectified. Colleagues of mine are having the same issues as myself.
    So tell me...what's changed to make the Aer Club system better at retrieving the DCS data than the old GC software...bearing in mind that I have an email from xxxxxx in GC admin in Dublin telling me they are having systems problems. What happens to flights which are checked in using a different system to DCS or is DCS a system used by all of EI's handling agents across Europe, North Africa and the US? Also, I'm interested that you worked in an airline. Which one was it and what did you do. We might know that same people as I worked in Aer Lingus for eight years in a number of passenger facing roles on the ground.

Thankfully, she used to help me out when every flight I took from Dusseldorf to Dublin was not credited.
    I agree. xxxxxx is a credit to EI. She is wonderful to deal with. The unfortunate thing is that since the introduction of Aer Club I have been advised that I must email my flight details in to be credited to my account whereas in the GC days I could just phone the Elite line and it would be done there and then.

I'm just astonished people who are busy enough to accumulate top tier membership status with an airline have time to be following up on all this...:confused:

Once maybe, twice possibly but if it's part of the routine process then there's something fundamentally wrong with the scheme. I ditched my membership at crossover, I have neither the time nor the inclination to follow up on every single trip to see if I've had the points credited correctly...

• Advertisement

I'm just astonished people who are busy enough to accumulate top tier membership status with an airline have time to be following up on all this...:confused:

Once maybe, twice possibly but if it's part of the routine process then there's something fundamentally wrong with the scheme. I ditched my membership at crossover, I have neither the time nor the inclination to follow up on every single trip to see if I've had the points credited correctly...

I followed up maybe once every month if I noticed something missing.

Focus on by BA account now so not an issue any longer.

I followed up only when I was under 2,400 points during my 12 month membership, once it was surpassed, and I knew I was back in, I didn't really bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Once an AerClub number is inserted in a booking they will be automatically credited, nothing will fall of the system in that regard.

There is nothing unique to Aer Lingus in this regard as the files needed for crediting are output by global airlines systems.

What about if you book through aerlingus.com and input you BAEC number? Will Avios and Tier Points be credited to your BA account?
    Or, do you still have to book an EI flight through britishairways.com as a code share (which seem to be more expensive)?

2 1/2 months into AerClub and they are working on a missing points form!

:(:(:(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

If flying on a partner airline, do you get tier credits as well as Avios?

niallo32 wrote: »
    If flying on a partner airline, do you get tier credits as well as Avios?

No, Tier credits can only be obtained by flying Aer Lingus/Aer Lingus Regional (Stobart).

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

No, Tier credits can only be obtained by flying Aer Lingus/Aer Lingus Regional (Stobart).

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Gmaximum

We all have plenty of time hanging around airports to follow up!

Personally I'm not too pushed as I'm mainly using city jet now to LCY

My boss who travels extensively to mainland Europe and the US is livid with his loss of status. He just set his PA on the job. She's had no better luck than anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

2 1/2 months into AerClub and they are working on a missing points form!

:(:(:(:mad:

That is absolutely ridiculous! haha

I seem to remember EI saying they were delaying the roll out as customers wanted GC to be around a little longer. Imagine if it were rolled out when it was supposed to.... Absolute incompetence

Aeroflot do take about a month to get back to you but they will do exactly as you ask and there is never any issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

How do you go about crediting UA flights (EI ticketed itinerary) to Aer Club?

Is it a case of firing in an email with PNR's or ticket numbers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Excuse the laziness but haven't read back over the thread. For an infrequent (6-10 EU flights PA) flyer who mostly uses FR is there any point in activating AerClub on my EI profile?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

ED E wrote: »
    Excuse the laziness but haven't read back over the thread. For an infrequent (6-10 EU flights PA) flyer who mostly uses FR is there any point in activating AerClub on my EI profile?

You should activate it and can allow others use you member number to earns points. It really depends what you want out of AerClub, if for example just to build up Avios to redeem off flights you can do that with EI but also everyday shopping via Avias e store.

Not entirely AerClub/Gold Circle related (although it actually is, as it's my interim method of traveling until I obtain status again),

My last 3 flights departing Dublin have all been Advantage fares (fast track/lounge is included) for maximum tier credits to obtain status asap.

Fast track for the 3 trips went as follows;

1st attempt: asked the girl at check it how the Advantage fare worked with fast track and she said once they see 'flex' on the ticket they'll let me through! The guy checking knew nothing of Flex being allowed through fast track and wanted to see my card which I don't have, he eventually let me through when I showed him the screen shot, though it took a while and a big queue formed behind me. I raised this with EI staff in the lounge & on Twitter and was told it wouldnt happen again.

2nd attempt: luckily the guy in front of me at fast track had a Gold Circle card and was arguing his own case to get through, but was getting nowhere. It took the 2 security staff to deal with him, the 2nd of which was just scanning boarding cards of the other passengers (me included) without looking at the boarding cards or looking for Airline loyalty cards.

3rd attempt (this morning): same as before, went straight to security with my boarding card and the lady was having none of it. I had to explain to her that Aer Lingus were selling fast track as part of their 'Advantage' fare, and that was the only reason I purchased such a fare, and again had to show her he screen shot below to 'prove' my point. Again she reluctantly let me through when she saw the queue getting ever bigger behind me and my refusal to budge on it (as the other security queue was huge, and I had limited time).

All in all, between DAA & Aer Lingus it's a f**king mess that needs sorting out!

Talk about EI gone down the $hitter lately!!

Everyone was afraid for the LHR slots during the IAG takeover, it just turns out they've turned a decent airline into a sh1t heap of an airline!!

Do I even want status anymore? I'm seriously considering ditching them for good now after this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Not entirely AerClub/Gold Circle related (although it actually is, as it's my interim method of traveling until I obtain status again),

My last 3 flights departing Dublin have all been Advantage fares (fast track/lounge is included) for maximum tier credits to obtain status asap.

Fast track for the 3 trips went as follows;

1st attempt: asked the girl at check it how the Advantage fare worked with fast track and she said once they see 'flex' on the ticket they'll let me through! The guy checking knew nothing of Flex being allowed through fast track and wanted to see my card which I don't have, he eventually let me through when I showed him the screen shot, though it took a while and a big queue formed behind me. I raised this with EI staff in the lounge & on Twitter and was told it wouldnt happen again.

2nd attempt: luckily the guy in front of me at fast track had a Gold Circle card and was arguing his own case to get through, but was getting nowhere. It took the 2 security staff to deal with him, the 2nd of which was just scanning boarding cards of the other passengers (me included) without looking at the boarding cards or looking for Airline loyalty cards.

3rd attempt (this morning): same as before, went straight to security with my boarding card and the lady was having none of it. I had to explain to her that Aer Lingus were selling fast track as part of their 'Advantage' fare, and that was the only reason I purchased such a fare, and again had to show her he screen shot below to 'prove' my point. Again she reluctantly let me through when she saw the queue getting ever bigger behind me and my refusal to budge on it (as the other security queue was huge, and I had limited time).

All in all, between DAA & Aer Lingus it's a f**king mess that needs sorting out!

Talk about EI gone down the $hitter lately!!

Everyone was afraid for the LHR slots during the IAG takeover, it just turns out they've turned a decent airline into a sh1t heap of an airline!!

Do I even want status anymore? I'm seriously considering ditching them for good now after this!!

what a joke.

travelling next week I'll see how I get on with my GC BOI card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    what a joke.

travelling next week I'll see how I get on with my GC BOI card.

I'm travelling DUB-BHX return tomorrow for the first time since losing Gold Circle, but have the BOI Business card. I'm expecting trouble somewhere, but will report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    You should activate it and can allow others use you member number to earns points. It really depends what you want out of AerClub, if for example just to build up Avios to redeem off flights you can do that with EI but also everyday shopping via Avias e store.

How would that work?

Regarding my Fast Track issue above;

Aer Lingus are blaming DAA for not recognising that a Flex ticket allows Fast Track!
    DAA are blaming Aer Lingus for their boarding cards not having 'Fast Track' printed on them!!

Regarding Aer Club, the period for points collection to determine who got 'status' was in my case 18th October 2015 - 17th October 2016, a period in which I earned only 1,900 points (only 79.1% of points required for GC membership), so it makes complete sense that when moved to Aer Club, I was given 60 Tier Credits (19.93% of points required for Silver status).

Also the 250 Avios bonus we all got for signing up, have you seen what you can get for 250 Avios?

C4LNbVUWYAswjem.jpg

Should have got a ton of Arrnotts/Brown Thomas vouchers when we still had the chance!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Should have got a ton of Arrnotts/Brown Thomas vouchers when we still had the chance!!

I'm quite bitter about this. I called GC back in November 15 and they assured me that I would lose my points when switching to Aer Club so I didn't trade in my points for BT vouchers. Would have got a nice sum too.

Whole Aer Club scheme stinks.

faceman wrote: »
    Whole Aer Club scheme stinks.

Almost 3 months into AerClub and still no missing flights form!, and in GC you could only go back and claim missing flights taken in the previous 3 months!!

• Advertisement

faceman wrote: »
    Would have got a nice sum too.

Just think of all those soft apricots you can get now if you fly BA!

Advertisement