Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Just think of all those soft apricots you can get now if you fly BA!

The only reason I will want to fly Aer Lingus again is for the soft apricots.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

ImDave wrote: »
    I'm travelling DUB-BHX return tomorrow for the first time since losing Gold Circle, but have the BOI Business card. I'm expecting trouble somewhere, but will report back.

How did you get on this morning with the BoI card? no issues I presume?

The missing flights form has arrived!! Yay!!!

but, will it work?

https://www.aerlingusaerclub.com

edit: or maybe it's fake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭thebiglad

but, will it work?

Not linked from the Aerclub page so proceed with care...

There is discussion on flyertalk too so maybe wait until it is confirmed by Aer Lingus or at least there is a direct link from the Aer Club pages.

thebiglad wrote: »
    Not linked from the Aerclub page so proceed with care...

There is discussion on flyertalk too so maybe wait until it is confirmed by Aer Lingus or at least there is a direct link from the Aer Club pages.

Aye, thats where I got the link, only saw the second post after I'd tried the form out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,542 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Registered with a dodgy "privacy" registrar in Italy. Aer Lingus do not use similar services on their own domains.

Its hosted on Azure, main aerlingus.com site is hosted on AWS.

Really little reason to believe its not a data harvesting scam.

L1011 wrote: »
    Really little reason to believe its not a data harvesting scam.

At least now Aer Lingus have a (fairly decent looking) template to produce their actual missing flights form!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Posters over on Flyertalk confirm it is legit - apparently confirmed by Aer Lingus on Twitter.

Guess it isn't asking for any personal info so low risk anyhow!

Bot poor by Aer Lingus unless they want a quiet start, must be so many people just waiting for this form to be available!

thebiglad wrote: »
    Posters over on Flyertalk confirm it is legit - apparently confirmed by Aer Lingus on Twitter.

Guess it isn't asking for any personal info so low risk anyhow!

Bot poor by Aer Lingus unless they want a quiet start, must be so many people just waiting for this form to be available!

I've been having a back and forward session with them via Twitter & their new email address (aerclubmigration@aerlingus.com) all week, trying to get status but they are not budging.
    They emailed me yesterday confirming the 1900 points I'd earned in the Aer Club 'collection' period, and that it qualified me for 'Platnium'

They then confirmed today that platinum was indeed a typo (as the word Platinum & Green are so alike).

The whole thing just stinks to high hell

I wonder is Uncle Willie watching all this? I wonder does he care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

but, will it work?

That's the same form I attempted to enter missing flight details into back in early December.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101910680&postcount=439

Hopefully it's now fit for purpose.

Edit: Nope, still telling me my Aer Club number is invalid. FFS EI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Major milestone reached. Logged into the Aer Lingus site today and my Platinum status has finally been reflected. Despite getting my card before Christmas though, it is telling me that the start date for my year is the 8th of Feb.

Will be curious to see if my return flights to Milan will be credited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

How did you get on this morning with the BoI card? no issues I presume?

Yeah no issues at all. Fast track and Lounge in DUB, lounge and priority boarding in BHX, all no issues. Not sure if priority boarding is actually an official benefit with it but I haven't been turned away yet!

Yeah no issues at all. Fast track and Lounge in DUB, lounge and priority boarding in BHX, all no issues. Not sure if priority boarding is actually an official benefit with it but I haven't been turned away yet!

Believe me if you're not entitled to it you won't get it!!

(My last 3 flights departing Dublin were all Advantage (fast track included) and I still had to fight to get through fast track!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

Has anyone heard any more on Silver members being allowed use partner lounges? I was told it would come into effect from 13/2, but there's no mention of it on the website.

Extraplus wrote: »
    Has anyone heard any more on Silver members being allowed use partner lounges? I was told it would come into effect from 13/2, but there's no mention of it on the website.

I tried to blag into the Aspire lounge in Newcastle last week with my Gold circle card (a lounge not even mentioned on the EI website, but seeing as it was Aspire), and the guy said no, AerClub cards only, I said I didn't have it yet so he asked me what level I was, and I (stupidly) said Silver, to which he replied Silver will be allowed access from the 26th onwards! the 2 tiers above silver are welcome now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

app check-in shagged for anyone else? asks me to fill in mandatory fields....doesn't allow me to select fields

Been flying Lufthansa lately, much less hassle. Hopefully this is the last time I have to fly with EI this year.

Just had a look at getting a reward flight to AMS in April...

9,000 Avios + €117.16
    or
    €141

9,000 avios, using their conversion last year, is equal to 30 return trips in economy to mainland Europe. All for a saving of €24, what a time to be alive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

jive wrote: »
    Just had a look at getting a reward flight to AMS in April...

9,000 Avios + €117.16
    or
    €141

9,000 avios, using their conversion last year, is equal to 30 return trips in economy to mainland Europe. All for a saving of €24, what a time to be alive

I booked a flight recently with BA and the website gave the option to spend 5,500 Avios to reduce the cash price by €46. I was on the fence about going for it because I didn't think it was great value...
    I was offered 0.8 cent per Avio. Your example works out at 0.26 cent per Avio - that is terrible!

I have found that using Avios on hotel stays can sometimes work out better value than spending on flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

When you book on ba.com, you will often get the following screen once you have selected your flights and been quoted a price.

I think it only works for flights operated by BA themselves (i.e. - you won't get this screen/option if any segment in your entire trip is a codeshare).

409257.PNG

KevR wrote: »
    I booked a flight recently with BA and the website gave the option to spend 5,500 Avios to reduce the cash price by €46. I was on the fence about going for it because I didn't think it was great value...
    I was offered 0.8 cent per Avio. Your example works out at 0.26 cent per Avio - that is terrible!

Yeah the cent per avio is atrocious there. That's not even taking into account the deplorable conversion ratio from gold circle --> aer club :pac::pac: Those 30 flights with BA would have netted around 50k avios rather than 9k. I'd love to do the math on the cent per avio there but I don't think i can stomach it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I was queuing for fast track in AMS recently and a guy with priority was turned away. He was fairly p*ssed about it but the lady was quite firm that priority meant priority boarding and not fast track also.

In reply to asking when the missing flights forms will be processed, and tier credits applied;

"we do not currently have an exact date, but it will be in the coming months."

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Win a return flight to UK / Europe with Supervalu and Aerclub.

But there is a catch....

https://supervalu.ie/rewards/collect-points/aer-lingus-swipe-to-win

Win a return flight to UK / Europe with Supervalu and Aerclub.

But there is a catch....

https://supervalu.ie/rewards/collect-points/aer-lingus-swipe-to-win

72 packets of Soft Apricots, thats what you're winning, with a cash value of £140.40 (if spent on BA)

or
    jive wrote: »

so that'd be €48 you'll win in 'Aer Lingus' Avios

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭OverRide

Wouldn't 18k avios get you a return in business to Madrid on Iberia or club Europe on BA to London return for the RFS fee on BA so worth about €400 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

I haven't looked much into the Avios side of things, but I can't get over how rubbish the value of Avios points are.

Looking at an EI DUB-JFK return, 10,400 Avios saves just €68.13 off the total cash price for the same seats :rolleyes:

I haven't looked much into the Avios side of things, but I can't get over how rubbish the value of Avios points are.

Looking at an EI DUB-JFK return, 10,400 Avios saves just €68.13 off the total cash price for the same seats :rolleyes:

Especially when you consider 8,000 Avios (4,000 GC points) got you a business upgrade* (saving you €1,000+)

*for me this was by far the best way to spend points, ensuring maximum gain from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Downsey77

Extraplus wrote: »

Got told today that they are accepting Aer Club Silver Cards at No1 Lounge at BHX since Monday, be interesting to know what other lounges have been re-instated.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

Downsey77 wrote: »
    Got told today that they are accepting Aer Club Silver Cards at No1 Lounge at BHX since Monday, be interesting to know what other lounges have been re-instated.

I confirmed in the Dublin lounge that silver should have lounge access from yesterday. They don't seem to have told the lounges that, or updated their website though. In CDG today they insisted it was platinum and concierge only.

• Advertisement

Has anyone received Tier Credits for flights taken in the last 2 weeks?

my last 3 flights are missing, (1 from Dub & 2 U.K. to Dub) totalling 100 tier credits, my next flight should have gotten me over the magical 301, but I've pretty much given up all hope of that happening, and their Twitter response saying missing flight forms will be processed in the 'coming months' is shocking to say the least.

It appears that theres just a total system shutdown

Advertisement