Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Has anyone received Tier Credits for flights taken in the last 2 weeks?

my last 3 flights are missing, (1 from Dub & 2 U.K. to Dub) totalling 100 tier credits, my next flight should have gotten me over the magical 301, but I've pretty much given up all hope of that happening, and their Twitter response saying missing flight forms will be processed in the 'coming months' is shocking to say the least.

It appears that theres just a total system shutdown

I was very surprised, but I received my Tier Credits and Avios for my flight last Thursday on the Saturday, so 2/3 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

my last 3 flights are missing, (1 from Dub & 2 U.K. to Dub) totalling 100 tier credits, my next flight should have gotten me over the magical 301, but I've pretty much given up all hope of that happening, and their Twitter response saying missing flight forms will be processed in the 'coming months' is shocking to say the least.

Took 2 flights last week, booked each as a one way trip.. Got the tier credits and avios for the one Ex Dublin bu the one ex-Glasgow didn't go through.

In a similar position re 301 points, but have long ago decided that EI don't give a sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

jive wrote: »
    Yeah the cent per avio is atrocious there. That's not even taking into account the deplorable conversion ratio from gold circle --> aer club :pac::pac: Those 30 flights with BA would have netted around 50k avios rather than 9k. I'd love to do the math on the cent per avio there but I don't think i can stomach it.

1.9ct per Avios for a TATL DUB-ORD. Seems to be better value for the long-hauls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I've been credited for a DUB-MUC flight on Feb 3rd, but my IAD-DUB flight on Feb 6th (booked on the same itinerary) is nowhere to be seen. Got on to Aer Club as their online missing flights form is rejecting my AC number & was told they'd 'pass my flight info & website issues upstairs'.

I simply don't understand the strategy whereby EI management appear completely at ease with alienating so many members of their own loyalty scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

I'm off to AMS next week for a long weekend.

I await with interest to see if the Tier Credits / Avios appear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I seem to have got all my Avios due, just not the Tier credits for my last 3 flights (GLA-DUB on the 2nd & DUB-NCL, NCL-DUB on the 8th), I can see the trips in the 'past trips' section, along with the receipts for them! just no fecking tier credits!!

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭dubal

I still haven't received any points since the new club started, I'm with "IT" now to sort it.

Seems like the worst launch ever

Dubal

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Not a single one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Especially when you consider 8,000 Avios (4,000 GC points) got you a business upgrade* (saving you €1,000+)

*for me this was by far the best way to spend points, ensuring maximum gain from them.

Is there any word on whether you can use Avios to upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Anyone one completed the missing flights form?
    Wondering how long they will take to process....

• Advertisement

gar wrote: »
    Anyone one completed the missing flights form?
    Wondering how long they will take to process....

I asked on Twitter and they said the forms would be processed in the coming months

Has anyone moved from Green to Silver yet by reaching/exceeding the 301 Tier Credit threshold?

My Tier credits went from the 60 they gave me upon entry to 185 in the space of 3 weeks, and have stopped there (I should be on 285 now), A lot of people appear to be in similar situations!! (Look like actually qualifying, and the system shuts down and it will take (literally) months to process missing flight forms).
    Maybe the missing tier credits will all be added in October/November, and we'll get Silver status, but it will expire on November 21st!!

I honestly believe they don't want any new members with status after the (GC to AerClub) cull (for at least the time being anyway). They booted out a ton of Gold members back to applicant status (I assume the majority of Gold Circle members were only at Gold level, so a fair chuck of those people now find themselves at Green), pi$$ing off a lot of people in the process, thus saving themselves probably a fair bit of money in fast track & lounge access fee's etc..

Is it all just a cost cutting ploy from IAG to make their purchase of Aer Lingus even sweeter for them & their shareholders? We've all seen the sale figure of €1.4 billion mentioned, but Aer Lingus had €700 million in cash reserves (so really IAG bought the airline for ~€700 million). Are they now just trying to squeeze as much cost as they possibly can out of it, literally ditching the loyalty program (except for those at the highest levels), and making it extremely unattractive for any new applicants to want to join? It could go some way to explain the almost radio silence coming from them since the switchover, and their reluctance to give 2 f**ks about any complaints they are (regularly) receiving.

My next rounds of flight bookings will be coming up soon enough (I'll probably do 25/30 U.K. trips this year), and I'm thinking F**k it, F**k Aer Lingus, F**k AerClub, and to just go with Ryanair, after all they are an Irish company!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

I'm a silver card holder with BA, This has to be the worst FF programme I have signed up to AerClub, that is. I have yet to receive any Tier points or Avios from 8 flights taken since Dec. Two transatlantic, It is an IT issue apparently. I have now had 5 telephone conversations each of which has assured me that it will be sorted. I think I will concentrate on BA!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Not to mention all the rubbish publicity around the super value promotion all for a paltry 250 avios points.

To put this into perspective in the uk a £2.50 Tesco voucher will get you 600 points, so via a large marketing campaign they are offering you €1.50 of points to a scheme where probably only 1% of supervalue shoppers would actually be able to redeem.

The marketing team need to get their head out of their asses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Not to mention all the rubbish publicity around the super value promotion all for a paltry 250 avios points.

To put this into perspective in the uk a £2.50 Tesco voucher will get you 600 points, so via a large marketing campaign they are offering you €1.50 of points to a scheme where probably only 1% of supervalue shoppers would actually be able to redeem.

The marketing team need to get their head out of their asses

I agree points are low but if you attach a BOI credit card then get 1 point which can convert to Avios for all purchases. I use my card a lot for business purchase and so for me this is worthwhile.

Might take me 1-2 years to build up points for a worthwhile flight but it costs me nothing to do it and at the moment it is the best such offer there is and better than nothing at all.

By the way I am on Concierge level and lost huge value on points transferred to Avios so I have plenty gripes with the program, just not this particular one...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

1 point per tenner. I push basically all spending over my card and have got bog all from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭thebiglad

1 Avios per Euro.

I am not arguing that its good value, just that its potentially free points if using a BOI credit card anyhow and especially if company travel to run up the bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

thebiglad wrote: »
    1 Avios per Euro.

I am not arguing that its good value, just that its potentially free points if using a BOI credit card anyhow and especially if company travel to run up the bills.

Go read the details again... It's 1 per 10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Anyone else find themselves reading this thread in the voice of the guy who does the voiceover on the 'Smart flies Aer Lingus' ad....? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

Has anyone had a problem with their account transferring over?

I got my Silver Aer Club card in the post and, wrongfully, assumed that everything would just be a smooth changeover.

Rang Aer Lingus today and they couldn't find the account number on my card. Activated my account a long time ago but I seem to be in Aer Club limbo. Just going back through my emails and I've contacted them twice about it but with no response.

Aside from that, the site is abysmal. There is very little error handling, it navigates like you're supposed to understand what is happening on the back end when you click a button. Even though I'm logged in I keep seeing the prompt to Join AerClub and any time I try save settings, no matter the browser, the page just sits there smirking at me. I can get over all that though, it's the wasted emails and calls that bother me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've sent two emails to the migration email address, and I finally got a response today, saying that my case was being sent to the IT team. Let's see.

dudara wrote: »
    I've sent two emails to the migration email address, and I finally got a response today, saying that my case was being sent to the IT team. Let's see.

I wouldn't hold your breath!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

I wouldn't hold your breath!!
    me neither . They try and send me cross-sell emails now but its no good , its such a useless frequent flyer offer I actually don't even bother adding the number to my bookings now or ask corporate to add it , its not worth the effort !

Well done AerClub

Yay!!!

I received 75 of the 100 tier credits I was due!!

anyone else see any movement on their tier credit balance?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

Yay!!!

I just had 50 Credits post overnight from Plus UK flights at the weekend(but no Avios?). Still waiting on Credits from an ex CDG flight in January though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

no nothing for me...

I just had 50 Credits post overnight from Plus UK flights at the weekend(but no Avios?). Still waiting on Credits from an ex CDG flight in January though...

I seemed to have received all my Avios due almost instantly, despite me not giving a sh1te about them,
    all I want is to hit the magical 301 to get back my fast track & lounge access.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Deagol

Yay!!!

Mine have moved but only seems to be credits I was due for a flex LHR flight anyway.

My missing flights from last year haven't appeared. TBH, I'm not really caring anymore as I'm using other carriers more now.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kiwster

I am missing nearly half my tier credits. I've flown a lot with A/L since the changeover and I should be almost at the 301 level but only have 150 credits on my account. My flights out of Dublin seem to credit fine but coming home I get no tier credits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

Great to see a thread I started still going:D

I didn't realise that gold circle members were not automatically entitled to the equivalent aerclub card that allows lounge access. I never got a new card, so I went to the Dublin lounge this week with my gold circle (expiry date May 2017) only to be refused entry and when they looked up my details they said I didn't qualify under new program.

Have they just made qualifying for aerclub silver card more difficult? I'm annoyed they didn't honour me at least until May. I travel a lot in spring so I'll quickly qualify again but I don't have to use aer lingus so after this I'm not sure I will as their loyalty doesn't count for much.

Advertisement