Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

It's just back to the days of old. Having to chase and chase for flights to be added!!

I filled in the missing points form for 3 flights a while back, GLA-DUB, DUB-NCL, NCL-DUB, I then got the avios & Tier Credits for the NCL flights last week, but still waiting on the GLA to come in (and put me within a flight of Silver status, which ill do next week)

Missing flights points won't go into your account until 2017 Q3/4!!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

MayoSalmon wrote: »

What are you basing that on?

What are you basing that on?

Aer Lingus Concierge line told me this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭crisco10

Think that is a worst case scenario..I've been credited avios and tier points for missing trips in last week or so. (Including a gla to dub sector)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

I went to Sakhalin via London and Seoul the last time and i have to say it was great dealing with decent airlines!

Now i had to fly EI 2 weeks ago and surprise surprise my points never went into my account, so i emailed EI and again surprise surprise.... No reply! Thanlfully ill be flying BA, Korean and Asiana again next week to Sakhalin. i can add my Korean points to my Aeroflot too. So much win!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I'm about to qualify for gold status with Emirates. They've got a great web page that shows exactly how many points you've got, how many you'll get from upcoming bookings, and when the old tier points expire (it's a rolling thirteen month window). It's a great system and a breath of fresh air after the flustercuck that is the EI scheme.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I am taking a flight with Cathay Pacific next month but it only allows me get points on the Gold Circle Club rather than Aer Club

will I end up with them in due course if I use the Gold Circle Number?

Given that EI can't manage to award points for their own flights half the time I really wouldn't hold your breath.

Riskymove wrote:

Riskymove wrote:
    I am taking a flight with Cathay Pacific next month but it only allows me get points on the Gold Circle Club rather than Aer Club

Use the AerClub No if possible but you won't be getting any partner flights credited anytime soon according to their missing flights page

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭steve-o

Riskymove wrote: »

You might be better off opening a BA or Iberia account and crediting it to that. You can then transfer the Avios into your Aer Lingus account using the "Combine My Avios" option on avios.com.

• Advertisement

steve-o wrote:
    You might be better off opening a BA or Iberia account and crediting it to that. You can then transfer the Avios into your Aer Lingus account using the "Combine My Avios" option on avios.com.

Won't make half as much Avios doing this though unless your flying business

Won't make half as much Avios doing this though unless your flying business
    Not true. Iberia gives the same Avios as Aer Lingus for Cathay economy. BA varies on booking class (sometimes better, sometimes worse).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Has anyone registered their credit card with Avios for use with Argos in store? (Purchasing not via the Avios e store?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I flew return to the US with Aer Lingus business class couple of weeks ago. Does anybody know is it possible to add Aer Club number now and claim the points after a trip has been taken?

Skuxx wrote: »
    I flew return to the US with Aer Lingus business class couple of weeks ago. Does anybody know is it possible to add Aer Club number now and claim the points after a trip has been taken?

Yes, they usually allow retrospective claims to go back 3 months (providing you were a member of Aer Club at the time of the flight),

Fill in the missing flights form and wait a few months/years and you might see something happen!

steve-o wrote:
    Not true. Iberia gives the same Avios as Aer Lingus for Cathay economy. BA varies on booking class (sometimes better, sometimes worse).

It is true, look the website. You will want to be flying a very high booking class to get the equivalent Avios and plus if your AerClub status you won't get any bonus Avios so like I previously said in very rare circumstances (flying business etc) you won't get nearly as enough Avios

It is true, look the website. You will want to be flying a very high booking class to get the equivalent Avios and plus if your AerClub status you won't get any bonus Avios so like I previously said in very rare circumstances (flying business etc) you won't get nearly as enough Avios
    The information is plain to see on the Aer Lingus, BA and Iberia websites. Go argue with them :)

And AerClub tier bonuses apparently apply to Aer Lingus flights only.

I'll let the poster who asked the question do his own research and decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Skuxx wrote: »

Why would you even bother...? :confused:
    Have a read back through all fifty three pages of this thread before deciding if you really want to go down that road...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

From my recent trip to AMS (actually flew out to BRU, due to EI606 cancelled thanks to Storm Doris) 23rd - 27th Feb, the Avios and Tier Credits were applied today for both outward and return legs.

So for my two flights since launch of Aerclub the credits have applied correctly. I must be one of the lucky ones :)

Only seven more single flights to go before I get Silver Status.

So for my two flights since launch of Aerclub the credits have applied correctly. I must be one of the lucky ones

Your not its an automated process so nothing special. Congrats anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Your not its an automated process so nothing special. Congrats anyway!

Well that is open to some debate as several posters on here - which no doubt you are well aware of - have claimed that they haven't received Avios or Tier credits for flights taken since the launch. Hence the reasoning for my post.

Sadly with the way EI botched up the launch and pissed off so many existing GC members you have to expect the worst outcome with Aerclub at the moment.

I booked my first EI flight in months last night by necessity as there was no other option for the route I needed.

It told me my login for AerClub was wrong. I went through the password reset procedure, confirmed a new password, and and tried to log in again - twice. On both occasions it told me that my new password was wrong.

I eventually gave up and entered my British Airways number manually. Having thought about it since it's probably a better option for me as I'm not likely to get close to AerClub status with my current usage pattern.

Noxegon wrote: »
    I booked my first EI flight in months last night by necessity as there was no other option for the route I needed.

It told me my login for AerClub was wrong. I went through the password reset procedure, confirmed a new password, and and tried to log in again - twice. On both occasions it told me that my new password was wrong.

I eventually gave up and entered my British Airways number manually. Having thought about it since it's probably a better option for me as I'm not likely to get close to AerClub status with my current usage pattern.

Well as a BA member not all booking classes are eligible for earn on Aer Lingus so you might not get any reward regardless.

Well that is open to some debate as several posters on here - which no doubt you are well aware of - have claimed that they haven't received Avios or Tier credits for flights taken since the launch. Hence the reasoning for my post.

Sadly with the way EI botched up the launch and pissed off so many existing GC members you have to expect the worst outcome with Aerclub at the moment.

Automated process from the DCS, nothing up for debate:pac:

Automated process from the DCS, nothing up for debate:pac:

Your still not getting it though are you??

If it's an automated process how come so many flights are falling through the cracks?

Your still not getting it though are you??

If it's an automated process how come so many flights are falling through the cracks?

Human error

Human error

Human error in an automated system,

So clearly you're trolling. Good day sir.

Human error in an automated system,

So clearly you're trolling. Good day sir.

Human error in either people not inputting their number or inputting it incorrectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,541 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Human error in either people not inputting their number or inputting it incorrectly.

And when it fails to happen when your tickets were booked with you logged in aerlingus.com and hence the number entered automatically, why does it fail?

Because it does, frequently.

• Advertisement

Well as a BA member not all booking classes are eligible for earn on Aer Lingus so you might not get any reward regardless.

No different to usual so :)

Advertisement