Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Noxegon wrote: »
    No different to usual so :)

No as an AerClub member all booking classes on EI are eligible for reward bar X class which is now the reward class

AerClub member on EI - All booking classes eligble

AerClub member on BA - Not all classes eligible + class adjusted rarely 100% will be awarded

BA member on EI - Not all classes eligible + class adjusted rarely 100% will be awarded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Noxegon

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    No as an AerClub member all booking classes on EI are eligible for reward bar X class which is now the reward class

In theory, yes. In practice, EI points are only awarded sporadically and/or if you make a lot of noise.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

In theory, yes. In practice, EI points are only awarded sporadically and/or if you make a lot of noise.

No not in theory, in practice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Human error in either people not inputting their number or inputting it incorrectly.

Comedy gold.

Odd how my Flying Blue & BA accounts seem completely impervious to this pattern of carelessness I've been afflicted by....since November 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,688 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Human error in either people not inputting their number or inputting it incorrectly.

Are you seriously suggesting that all the people who have posted issues with flights not appearing on their statements have been incorrectly entering their card number?

That's really pushing things given the number of problems that have been reported here.

• Advertisement

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Comedy gold.

Odd how my Flying Blue & BA accounts seem completely impervious to this pattern of carelessness I've been afflicted by....since November 21st.

And guess what you probably know that number off by heart at this stage.

AerClub number is 16 digits and brand new to everybody. Mistakes happen in some cases.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

AerClub number is 16 digits and brand new to everybody. Mistakes happen in some cases.

Not when people log into their AerClub account, and book a flight where they don't need to input their AerClub number, as it's there already because you are logged into your account.

for convenience your AerClub number is also displayed on your boarding card, so you can confirm it is in fact your AerClub number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭crisco10

And guess what you probably know that number off by heart at this stage.

Some quality Wumming here...but I'll take the bait. That mistake didn't happen to a lot of the people here as our number is saved on our accounts. and it is correct because we have been credited successfully on other sectors...

crisco10 wrote: »
    Some quality Wumming here...but I'll take the bait. That mistake didn't happen to a lot of the people here as our number is saved on our accounts. and it is correct because we have been credited successfully on other sectors...

If wumming entails asking people to take a bit of personal responsibility then I guess I am guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Noxegon

If wumming entails asking people to take a bit of personal responsibility then I guess I am guilty.

You're ignoring the fact that lots of people in this thread have had this issue over and over again, and only with one airline. Based on that I can only conclude that you're deliberately trolling. Either that or you're an Aer Lingus employee.

Have a nice day.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭notuslimited

If people care to look back at an exchange between Mayo Salmon and me in early Feb you'll see that this guy is full of it and best ignored. He's a wannabe know all who knows fook all. I should have pushed the exchange a little but I felt sorry for him and let things drop. He went quiet after that exchange but has resurfaced with the same bull ****. Just ignore him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Deagol

If people care to look back at an exchange between Mayo Salmon and me in early Feb you'll see that this guy is full of it and best ignored. He's a wannabe know all who knows fook all. I should have pushed the exchange a little but I felt sorry for him and let things drop. He went quiet after that exchange but has resurfaced with the same bull ****. Just ignore him.

I was just not feeding the T ;)

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

You're ignoring the fact that lots of people in this thread have had this issue over and over again, and only with one airline. Based on that I can only conclude that you're deliberately trolling. Either that or you're an Aer Lingus employee.

Have a nice day.

In fairness the Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles loyalty is just as much of a shambles so I don't bother with that one either....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

In fairness the Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles loyalty is just as much of a shambles so I don't bother with that one either....

Whats wrong with Miles & Smiles? Never had any issues with them, flights always show up within 2-3 days. Redeeming can be a bit of a nuisance on Star Alliance.

Still can't even log into my Aer Club account. Keeps asking me to choose a username even though I logged in with my username..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

MIles and Smiles was a shambles! I was on a 28/28 in saudi back in 14/15 so i flew quite frequently Dublin-Istanbul-Yanbu all on Turkish and i rarely got my points, when i tried to add them later it rarely worked and i got no satisfaction from their helpdesk. A bit like Aer lingus haha

• Registered Users Posts: 68,541 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm still trying to get them to credit one leg (the long one!) of a connection on LH, automated system rejects as there are some points against the ticket number already. Helpdesk don't appear to speak English.

Need to find a *A scheme with better expiry terms as its not an alliance I'll ever get status on and I basically just need it one for earn & burn. No way to keep points over 3 calendar years with M&S as far as I can see. Went with TK as I was flying them at one stage but now it's just the occasional LH or UA flight really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭gar

Tried to get my email address changed a few weeks ago and it had been passed to the AerClub team.

Called this week for a clarification, there is an IT issue with changing email addresses and they are working on it...
    No ETA.

Asked about Gold Circle points still not transferred.
    There is an IT issue and no ETA.

Asked about the missing flights form I have filled out.
    There is an IT issue and no ETA.

currently my account sits at 0 points since change over.

You cant make this farce up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

gar wrote: »
    You cant make this farce up

Story in the IT the other day on the EI App currently being unable to handle apostrophes.
    “A technical solution is being worked on and we expect this to be in place in the coming weeks".
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/quite-an-o-versight-aer-lingus-app-doesn-t-recognise-apostrophes-1.2996738

I've had 200 of 300 Tier credits applied so far (missing 25 from about 4 weeks ago, and 75 from Monday), so I'm sitting on 260 tier credits total at the moment. Of the 2 flights on Monday, the ex Dub flight was worth 50 tier credits alone (25 for the return), so hopefully it goes through in the next few days, and gets me over 301 and a Silver card!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Just to add my voice to this thread. 
    Myself and other half are long time GC members, frustrated with the whole cluster that is AerClub. Between dropping tiers (i was Elite -downgraded now to Platinum), losing tier bonuses like partner flight and 4 upgrades on Elite, and the general inability to add avios points to our accounts for flights taken since the start of Aerclub. 
    Both our accounts can login, both appear to have old GC points converted over, but they just cannot give us our flight points and tier points in the new AerClub world, i.e. the most basic stuff. A partner airline business class transatlantic in early Jan still cannot get added, nearly double figures in terms of calls to AerClub on this, filled in the missing flights form, and then this week get a mail telling me to fill in the missing flight form again, and not to forget to log my number when i book ! Good God, i have all my bookings with the number clearly visible, but it doesn't work. Same as GC days, complete hit and miss. 
    My other half had 1 leg of 2 return transatlantic trips added, cannot get them completed. Also missing a European trip. 
    The mail this week from them says "[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Please click here to fill in the missing flights form. We will capture your data as submitted however the Tier Credits and Avios points associated with these flights will be added to your account in the next stage of our phased roll out of AerClub.[/font]" 
    When will that be ? We want to use our points for reward flights now, not in 6 months. 
    An airline frequent flyer program really is a first world problem, but this cutover is a complete screw up, as bad as i have seen in a long time in the IT business.

mx5ire wrote: »
    Just to add my voice to this thread. 
    Myself and other half are long time GC members, frustrated with the whole cluster that is AerClub. Between dropping tiers (i was Elite -downgraded now to Platinum), losing tier bonuses like partner flight and 4 upgrades on Elite, and the general inability to add avios points to our accounts for flights taken since the start of Aerclub. 
    Both our accounts can login, both appear to have old GC points converted over, but they just cannot give us our flight points and tier points in the new AerClub world, i.e. the most basic stuff. A partner airline business class transatlantic in early Jan still cannot get added, nearly double figures in terms of calls to AerClub on this, filled in the missing flights form, and then this week get a mail telling me to fill in the missing flight form again, and not to forget to log my number when i book ! Good God, i have all my bookings with the number clearly visible, but it doesn't work. Same as GC days, complete hit and miss. 
    My other half had 1 leg of 2 return transatlantic trips added, cannot get them completed. Also missing a European trip. 
    The mail this week from them says "[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Please click here to fill in the missing flights form. We will capture your data as submitted however the Tier Credits and Avios points associated with these flights will be added to your account in the next stage of our phased roll out of AerClub.[/font]" 
    When will that be ? We want to use our points for reward flights now, not in 6 months. 
    An airline frequent flyer program really is a first world problem, but this cutover is a complete screw up, as bad as i have seen in a long time in the IT business.

This really sums it up. Aer Lingus are under no bloody obligation to provide a loyalty program to there customers and if its just so upsetting and frustrating then just fly elsewhere or if your can't and are stuck on EI then just join BA Executive club and credit your flights there.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Story in the IT the other day on the EI App currently being unable to handle apostrophes.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/quite-an-o-versight-aer-lingus-app-doesn-t-recognise-apostrophes-1.2996738

This is entering fake news territory.

GDS systems the WORLD OVER and Amadeus which Aer Lingus uses don't recognize apostrophes.

You would swear people think Aer Lingus just wants to personally piss them off or something.

This really sums it up. Aer Lingus are under no bloody obligation to provide a loyalty program to there customers and if its just so upsetting and frustrating then just fly elsewhere or if your can't and are stuck on EI then just join BA Executive club and credit your flights there.

you really are taking FanBoi to new levels aren't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Deagol

Don't feed it... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

In fairness Astral doesn't do apostrophes. He's slightly incorrect technically but the article is **** talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

In fairness Astral doesn't do apostrophes. He's slightly incorrect technically but the article is **** talk.

Airline systems in general as A-Z only no fancy characters at all (probably something linked with teletype systems of old). Astral can trace back to IPARS which is where most systems in use came from (BA's old system as well as KLM)

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

I've had points/credits from the outbound leg of a LGW trip at the weekend post, last time they came separately the return didn't post. Hoping I see the return in the next few days...

I'm still waiting on 100 Tier Credits to hit my account, 25 for a GLA-DUB 6 weeks ago, 50 for a DUB-GLA & 25 for a GLA-DUB both last week.

The annoying thing is I'm currently on 260 (should be 360), so if even the 50 credits from the ex DUB flight last Monday appeared, it'd be enough to get me ober the line and a Silver card!

Ive 2/3 trips next week so a silver card would really be helpful right about now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

I've had two transatlantic returns since January. Only received the tier points and Avios for one of the return legs thus far.

Advertisement