Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Hippo1234

Anyone having the below problem?

I was transitioned over as a silver tier member back before Christmas.

When I log into Aer Club I can see "my overview" with the silver status, but with no tier credits applied (or being applied). The website keeps asking me to register for aer club but hits me with a "server error" everytime I enter my details. I've earned 300+ tier points in the last 3 months so wouldn't mind seeing them applied.

I've rang / emailed on this but get nowhere.

Also, how many tier credits do they give you when they move you from GC to Aer Club at Silver??

Appreciate the help!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    This really sums it up. Aer Lingus are under no bloody obligation to provide a loyalty program to there customers and if its just so upsetting and frustrating then just fly elsewhere or if your can't and are stuck on EI then just join BA Executive club and credit your flights there.
    Thats a terrible attitude. True, EI are under no obligarion to offer this 'luxury'. It is a first world problem.
    However when they spend months and months telling their long time loyal FFP members about a new program they built expectation. They market it as a product seperating them from other Irish airlines . They then delayed launch by 3-4 months.
    The launch itself (pre Xmas) seems to have been a farce and instead of tackling the issue immediately you get an interview with the CEO in which he characterises the vocal members as whingers. "My job isnt to keep people happy"

An airline making a big deal about a new FFP, J Class product and its 4 star rating shouldnt be driving customers to other airlines loyalty programs, it should be doing it best to poach them.
    I will assume that EI are currently addressing the internal IT and/or logistical problems with AerClub but if so, they need to tell the members.
    Good business and customer service requires good communication.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I've also heard a rumour that the EI lounges are for the chop next.

Probably a move to 3rd party lounges where they currently have EI lounges.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

I've also heard a rumour that the EI lounges are for the chop next.

Probably a move to 3rd party lounges where they currently have EI lounges.

No, very much no, Dublin, Heathrow and JFK are going nowhere

There is ongoing staffing discussion about outsourcing ground handling in Dublin, which result in a third party running the lounge but it would still be the Aer Lingus lounge (Menzies run the operation in LHR for example)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Hippo1234 wrote: »
    Anyone having the below problem?

I was transitioned over as a silver tier member back before Christmas.

When I log into Aer Club I can see "my overview" with the silver status, but with no tier credits applied (or being applied). The website keeps asking me to register for aer club but hits me with a "server error" everytime I enter my details. I've earned 300+ tier points in the last 3 months so wouldn't mind seeing them applied.

I've rang / emailed on this but get nowhere.

Also, how many tier credits do they give you when they move you from GC to Aer Club at Silver??

Appreciate the help!

Zero....you are already in a tier.

Only Applicant Gold Circle members received tiers credits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Tenger wrote: »
    Thats a terrible attitude. True, EI are under no obligarion to offer this 'luxury'. It is a first world problem.
    However when they spend months and months telling their long time loyal FFP members about a new program they built expectation. They market it as a product seperating them from other Irish airlines . They then delayed launch by 3-4 months.
    The launch itself (pre Xmas) seems to have been a farce and instead of tackling the issue immediately you get an interview with the CEO in which he characterises the vocal members as whingers. "My job isnt to keep people happy"

An airline making a big deal about a new FFP, J Class product and its 4 star rating shouldnt be driving customers to other airlines loyalty programs, it should be doing it best to poach them.
    I will assume that EI are currently addressing the internal IT and/or logistical problems with AerClub but if so, they need to tell the members.
    Good business and customer service requires good communication.

Trust me I don't particularly agree with the sentiment and definitely not with the recent comments by the CEO but I think it needs to be mentioned when you see the outrage by people in here sometimes. The sense of entitlement is a bit much, where are my points how dare they do this to me, why can't i bring my extended family and pet dog into the lounge blah blah

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

In the absence of any updates about changes being made by IT at Aer Lingus, this thread has become less than helpful, as all it has become is an excuse for ongoing insults and abuse.

On that basis, as we have people on the board that work for Aer Lingus, and can advise us when things change, I am going to close this thread for now until there is an update that makes it appropriate to reopen it.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

A number of people have asked for this thread to be re opened.

That can be done on the basis that posters remain on topic, and don't start throwing gratuitous comments at other posters, or accusing people of being fanbois, among other things. The case has been made that this thread allows people to exchange information about how the EI management and systems are processing Gold Circle, and if that is the case, it is serving a valid purpose.

However, if it degenerates into a slanging match between members, which it did yesterday evening, then the people involved will be sanctioned.

Maybe a name change is in order?

Aer Lingus AerClub/Avios

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Maybe a name change is in order?

Aer Lingus AerClub/Avios

Watch now as posts get lost and incur a 24 hour delay henceforth of the name change of the thread :D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

Ive BA Silver. If Im flying with Aer Lingus do I need to credit spend to Aer Club first, and then transfer avois to my BA account or is it possible now or in the future to claim avoid direct to my BA Exec club account?

For flight redemptions am I better off trying to book Aer Lingus reward flights via Aer Club or via BA Exec club? Ive north of 100k avois so am thinking of using them on Aer Lingus east coast U.S. reward flights

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Anyone else get locked out of their Aer Lingus account and had to contact Avios by phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Casati wrote: »
    Ive BA Silver. If Im flying with Aer Lingus do I need to credit spend to Aer Club first, and then transfer avois to my BA account or is it possible now or in the future to claim avoid direct to my BA Exec club account?

For flight redemptions am I better off trying to book Aer Lingus reward flights via Aer Club or via BA Exec club? Ive north of 100k avois so am thinking of using them on Aer Lingus east coast U.S. reward flights

You can claim directly to BAEC for any flight operated by EI

However based on the fare class and ticket price you may get more avois with Aer Club than with BAEC so check first

No tier points unless sold by BA on a BA code

• Registered Users Posts: 68,540 ✭✭✭✭L1011

An insurer, not sure who, is doing market research about awarding avois on policies. Increasing range of earn options is always welcome but tier credits working is critical if you want to use it as an actual FFP.

L1011 wrote: »
    An insurer, not sure who, is doing market research about awarding avois on policies. Increasing range of earn options is always welcome but tier credits working is critical if you want to use it as an actual FFP.

That's the thing, I don't really care for Avios (I can increase my earn potential with SuperValu & BoI MasterCard and also Electric Ireland), as there's very little you can actually do with them.

All I really want is to get 301 Tier Credits every year so I can keep fast track/lounge access

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Watch now as posts get lost and incur a 24 hour delay henceforth of the name change of the thread :D:pac:
    That made me snort my morning cuppa.

Have to admit I did wonder if there was a way we could get the programmers to introduce a facility like this, it would for sure have made our life a LOT easier this week:D

Tenger wrote: »
    That made me snort my morning cuppa.

Ahhh, now I know who to blame for that horrid mess on the back of my screen:pac::D. How do I send it back?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

http://freddieawards.com/

You can vote here for your favourite loyalty scheme (whatever that may be)... ;)

I've already voted for my favourites.

I eventually got my Silver Tier, but I had to go looking for it (similar to when I first got into Gold Circle in 2008 (made 2,400 within 12 months but still had to email them to push through the membership)).

I started off in AerClub as green with 60 Tier Credits and have since earned 300 Tier Credits yet only 200 of these have shown up in my account, I have filled in the missing flights form, but honestly don't expect any movement there any time soon.
    I emailed them explaining my situation and asked if just 1 of my missing flights (DUB-GLA Advantage) was added, it would be enough to get me over the line, as I had a lot of upcoming travel planned, and a Silver card would make that travel a lot easier for me (fast track/lounge), so they relented and bumped me up to Silver!

Account still only showing 260 Tier Credits though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I eventually got my Silver Tier, but I had to go looking for it (similar to when I first got into Gold Circle in 2008 (made 2,400 within 12 months but still had to email them to push through the membership)).

I started off in AerClub as green with 60 Tier Credits and have since earned 300 Tier Credits yet only 200 of these have shown up in my account, I have filled in the missing flights form, but honestly don't expect any movement there any time soon.
    I emailed them explaining my situation and asked if just 1 of my missing flights (DUB-GLA Advantage) was added, it would be enough to get me over the line, as I had a lot of upcoming travel planned, and a Silver card would make that travel a lot easier for me (fast track/lounge), so they relented and bumped me up to Silver!

Definitely worthy of a nomination for a Golden Freddie for that nugget of customer service alone...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

I see Electric Ireland has been mentioned above... How do you collect Avios with them? I've just been on the website and cant find anything regarding Avios.

I see Electric Ireland has been mentioned above... How do you collect Avios with them? I've just been on the website and cant find anything regarding Avios.

You collect them via Supervalu

Spend money in Supervalu - get supervalu points
    Pay your Electric Ireland bill - get supervalu points for it
    use your Bank of Ireland master card - get supervalu points for it (double points if used in Supervalu)

then convert your supervalu points to Avios
    (you can also use 250 SV points to get a €5 (normally €3) voucher that can be redeemed off your EI bill (max of 2 per month per account (electricity & gas))).

To do the above, you need to link your Supervalu reward account with your Electric Ireland accounts, same with BoI, you need to register your card to use in conjunction with collection Supervalu points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

You collect them via Supervalu

Spend money in Supervalu - get supervalu points
    Pay your Electric Ireland bill - get supervalu points for it
    use your Bank of Ireland master card - get supervalu points for it (double points if used in Supervalu)

then convert your supervalu points to Avios
    (you can also use 250 SV points to get a €5 (normally €3) voucher that can be redeemed off your EI bill (max of 2 per month per account (electricity & gas))).

To do the above, you need to link your Supervalu reward account with your Electric Ireland accounts, same with BoI, you need to register your card to use in conjunction with collection Supervalu points.

Excellent, thanks... I'll do that now, I have a SuperValu card, but didn't know I could attach it to my electricity, all that money wasted haha.

Excellent, thanks... I'll do that now, I have a SuperValu card, but didn't know I could attach it to my electricity, all that money wasted haha.

Big time, We pay €200 of both the gas & electricity each month (we have months off around the holidays etc..) regardless of the bill amount, so thats 400 SV points/Avios per month.

not strictly AerClub related (but I don't want to start a new thread). I have reason to fly DUB-DSA a lot over the next few months, and would prefer to use Aer Lingus (for AerClub) if possible.

Their interactive route map is still showing DSA as an option (same with Blackpool), yet there is no timetable for the route, and DSA cant be found using their booking tool, so I called them and they confirmed they ended that route last year.

Seems very shoddy that their interactive route maps are still showing routes that are now defunct, especially the fact their website has undergone major surgery in the last year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kiwster

I'm in the exact same position. Can I ask how you contacted them? I've tried twitter and email but no luck. I'm over the magic mark now but only 190 points showing.

kiwster wrote: »
    I'm in the exact same position. Can I ask how you contacted them? I've tried twitter and email but no luck. I'm over the magic mark now but only 190 points showing.

I just emailed the aerclubmigration@aerlingus.com email address,

I attached a photo of the missing flights boarding cards as well,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

not strictly AerClub related (but I don't want to start a new thread). I have reason to fly DUB-DSA a lot over the next few months, and would prefer to use Aer Lingus (for AerClub) if possible.

Their interactive route map is still showing DSA as an option (same with Blackpool), yet there is no timetable for the route, and DSA cant be found using their booking tool, so I called them and they confirmed they ended that route last year.

Seems very shoddy that their interactive route maps are still showing routes that are now defunct, especially the fact their website has undergone major surgery in the last year or so.

Blackpool has been gone off the map and they still operate a DSA-USA service with Flybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,540 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Blackpool has been gone off the map and they still operate a DSA-USA service with Flybe

Blackpool's on the screenshot given though.

Advertisement