Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Just found out that if you don't use the email address associated with her aerclub account then you don't automatically get credits for flights booked even if you have quoted your club number.

Loads of flights from last year not showing up on my trips from last year.

I take it I'll have to ring the muppets given they've removed the missing flights form?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

faceman wrote: »
    Just found out that if you don't use the email address associated with her aerclub account then you don't automatically get credits for flights booked even if you have quoted your club number.

I take it I'll have to ring the muppets given they've removed the missing flights form?

That is a nightmare.

My AerClub account is registered under my personal Gmail account whereas all travel bookings are made via the corporate travel agent are under my work address.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

My OH did a flight back in Jan and the Tier Credits were added within a week or 2,

Her flight would have been booked by a travel vendor, though I always tell her to make sure when she's checking in to input her number (online or at a desk).

I've always assumed as long as your GC/AerClub number was on your ticket you were good to go, it was just a matter of their system processing it (however long that might take).
    A lot did always slip through the net though (and still do), so whatever system they use is not up to it.

Why don't they just take the hit and clone The BA system?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

You will get the points etc if you add the number but the trips won't appear in your "MyTrips" section of your profile, that's independent of AerClub - not that big a deal for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    You will get the points etc if you add the number but the trips won't appear in your "MyTrips" section of your profile, that's independent of AerClub - not that big a deal for me.

How can you tell if you got the points if the trips aren't there??

• Advertisement

How can you tell if you got the points if the trips aren't there??

I don't think you can, You have to assume that if you receive the Avios, you've also received the Tier Credits!

at least in Gold Circle you got a monthly statement showing your flight/points activity. (I'd always keep my boarding cards (or a photo of) until the points showed on my monthly statement as it was my only reference to the 053 ticket number needed to claim for missing flights).

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

That is a nightmare.

My AerClub account is registered under my personal Gmail account whereas all travel bookings are made via the corporate travel agent are under my work address.

Same issue here - you can't change this yourself in your profile, you have to contact them. I have rang 5 times and sent numerous emails .....still hasn't been changed. There doesn't seem to be a way to contact Aerclub - the number just directs you to customer service who can only email Aerclub. Anybody got a direct number for them ? Or do they even exist ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭ted1

https://www.aerlingusaerclub.com/index.aspx

ted1 wrote: »

Thanks. Rang them this morning. No credit for any of last year's flights. :mad:

Are we now in phase 2?

AL sent out a mail to me asking me to join AerClub, and they've been on Twitter about it as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

Are we now in phase 2?

AL sent out a mail to me asking me to join AerClub, and they've been on Twitter about it as well!

It looks like they had some type of launch event or something, as I saw a picture of Kathryn Thomas next to a giant AerClub sign floating around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Are we now in phase 2?

No just an above the line launch. I would expect radio tv ads etc in the coming days

I saw a picture of Kathryn Thomas next to a giant AerClub sign

The end is truly nigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭useless

Are we now in phase 2?

I got the same email, to the address where my AerClub account is registered. Dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Me too, I got an email to the address where my original (but now unused) account was set up so they should know I'm already a (dormant) member.
    I travel a lot for business so am a member of several loyalty schemes (hotel, airlines etc) and top tier on some. The problem is I'm also quite busy so have neither the time nor inclination to jump through the hoops as some people on this thread have described to see that I've been correctly credited the points for my trips.
    Crediting points earned is a simple process and works perfectly for so many other loyalty schemes, I don't understand why Aer Lingus find it so difficult to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That's not entirely true. All my work flights are booked by my travel deak, who add my AerClub # to the booking. The flights generally tend to appear. The only thing is that I'm still missing g a whole slew of flights from around the time of migration to January this year.

How long has it taken any of you good folk to receive your AerClub card after achieving tier status having previously been Green in AerClub?

I was emailed last Thursday saying I was now Silver, and my card would be ordered & sent 'shortly'.

It's now Friday the following week and the postman has just passed my house, meaning I'll have no card in hand for my flights on Monday/Tuesday next week.
    (I only booked Plus fares as the (ex Dub) Advantage was just too expensive for me to justify for only lounge access/fast track).

I mailed them this week asking how long before I received the card as I wanted to avail of benefits, and they just replied with a text doc (which I cant open on an iOS device) saying I was allowed lounge access as I was a silver member.

The AL website states you must present the physical card to receive member benefits!

My account shows me as Silver (on web browser, and now also on the iPhone app), but I doubt thats going to cut it at the Fast Track line on Monday morning!
    I guess I'll be buying DAA fast track for my morning flight! as for a 6:30am flight, it's the difference of leaving the house at 4am or 5am, and I know which I'd prefer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

How long has it taken any of you good folk to receive your AerClub card after achieving tier status having previously been Green in AerClub?

I was emailed last Thursday saying I was now Silver, and my card would be ordered & sent 'shortly'.

It's now Friday the following week and the postman has just passed my house, meaning I'll have no card in hand for my flights on Monday/Tuesday next week.
    (I only booked Plus fares as the (ex Dub) Advantage was just too expensive for me to justify for only lounge access/fast track).

I mailed them this week asking how long before I received the card as I wanted to avail of benefits, and they just replied with a text doc (which I cant open on an iOS device) saying I was allowed lounge access as I was a silver member.

The AL website states you must present the physical card to receive member benefits!

My account shows me as Silver (on web browser, and now also on the iPhone app), but I doubt thats going to cut it at the Fast Track line on Monday morning!
    I guess I'll be buying DAA fast track for my morning flight! as for a 6:30am flight, it's the difference of leaving the house at 4am or 5am, and I know which I'd prefer!!

I don't have Aer Club but with SAS and Ba I haven't ever had to present my card anywhere , it should be automatically picked up through your booking. Checking on line early and see if priority or fast track is printed on your board card before buying the daa fast track

Casati wrote: »
    I don't have Aer Club but with SAS and Ba I haven't ever had to present my card anywhere , it should be automatically picked up through your booking. Checking on line early and see if priority or fast track is printed on your board card before buying the daa fast track

That should be the case for any EI involved activity such as boarding or Lounge Access, but DAA are notorious about Fast Track, if you don't have the plastic card they're not letting you through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

but DAA are notorious about Fast Track, if you don't have the plastic card they're not letting you through

I've never had to show my card using Fast Track in Dublin Airport when using my Turkish Gold to get it. Just scanned the boarding card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,540 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've never had to show my card using Fast Track in Dublin Airport when using my Turkish Gold to get it. Just scanned the boarding card.

As far as I can remember, EI boarding cards don't state anything about status on them and just have your FF number, which anyone and everyone has. May still have something encoded in the barcode though.

Topical considering EIs major baggage price changes - I wonder will they ever offer any, even minor, benefits for active lowest tier members. KLM offer pretty significant discounts on checked baggage to anyone with an active Ivory card - so having taken one flight in the past 36 months or something.

Due to EI dropping OPO and a bit of a price war on AMS, my bookings so far this year I'm likely to be a single leg - not even a r/t - away from getting KLM Silver by December. I can see a status run trip happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

L1011 wrote:
    As far as I can remember, EI boarding cards don't state anything about status on them and just have your FF number, which anyone and everyone has. May still have something encoded in the barcode though.

EI have had your status printed on them for about 10 years now....Like honestly

• Registered Users Posts: 68,540 ✭✭✭✭L1011

MayoSalmon wrote: »

That would show a: how rarely I look at them and b: how rarely I've been above pleb recently. Good few years since I was GC!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Please stop talking like one of my younger children.
    Answer other posters in a mature manner or expect to receive an infraction or a holiday (with no Avios) from A&A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

L1011 wrote: »

!

I think its hard coded into the barcode, my status didn't show on the Ethiopian Boarding Card. I'm not sure whether the barcode reader picks up eligibility to use the fast track or its meant to be verified manually by the staff.

Having just passed through DUB fast track, I was asked to show my card. There's a big sign on the desk since January saying the old GC cards are no longer accepted.

So whether having the status on the ticket will get you through(by saying it directly to them), I don't know, but I was asked for my physical card.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Looking at the electronic versions I have on my phone (EI app) there's no indication of my status. I know the old printed versions from the kiosk did show it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Did anybody get the 250 welcome points?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Did anybody get the 250 welcome points?

No, though got a couple of emails saying I'd be getting them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

KingCong wrote: »
    No, though got a couple of emails saying I'd be getting them

Not even had an email about them, did you contact them?

Advertisement