Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Not even had an email about them, did you contact them?

For the price of a packet of dried plums or whatever it was?

Is it really worth the hassle!!

C4LNbVUWYAswjem.jpg

Here's what your welcome 250 Avios are worth on BA

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    EI have had your status printed on them for about 10 years now....Like honestly

In that context, hoping you maybe know why they insist that you show them your card in order to access the lounge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Noxegon

In that context, hoping you maybe know why they insist that you show them your card in order to access the lounge?

I always wondered that. Before I dropped out of Gold Circle I had a long trip to the US, during which my card expired. I was refused entry to the lounge in New York despite the fact that the new one was waiting for me at home in Dublin.

The whole loyalty thing was and is a shambles.

And yes, I voted with my feet. I've just checked my travel log; of the 42 flights booked since that day just three (~7%) have been with EI, in all cases because they were the only option.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Haven't a clue why to be honest and probably pointless really as the lounge staff can look up your status on their system if they need to confirm anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Haven't a clue why to be honest and probably pointless really as the lounge staff can look up your status on their system if they need to confirm anyways

The status is printed on the boarding pass though?

The status is printed on the boarding pass though?

Not anymore it seems! Just the number,

I got into the lounge this morning by simply showing them the Aer Lingus app on my phone showing me as Silver.

The girl also told me to show that to the Fast Track staff as well if card still not in hand! Though she did cover her name badge tongue in cheek as she said it to me, I just bought DAA fast track this morning to avoid any hassle with trying to use my Silver status without a card!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

Not anymore it seems! Just the number,

I got into the lounge this morning by simply showing them the Aer Lingus app on my phone showing me as Silver.

The girl also told me to show that to the Fast Track staff as well if card still not in hand! Though she did cover her name badge tongue in cheek as she said it to me, I just bought DAA fast track this morning to avoid any hassle with trying to use my Silver status without a card!

Fast track is not something I'd miss to be honest, it may save a few minutes in the morning but really it is a crap service. I've been in the fast pass queue some mornings for 20-30mins because DAA don't have enough staff to open a few more security stations.
    The only thing i miss is priority boarding for my private flying, as I always add it on now to work flights since they took away my card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

If you check in online or check in at a location where Aer Lingus staff check you in (or the local handler uses Astral) your status will be shown on the boarding card as 4 letters next to your frequent flyer number

The bar code DOES NOT encode your status, just the frequent flyer number

The Aer Club rules require presentation of the physical card

Likewise the fast track in Dublin have a flash card showing the valid frequent flyer cards

If you check in online or check in at a location where Aer Lingus staff check you in (or the local handler uses Astral) your status will be shown on the boarding card as 4 letters next to your frequent flyer number

The bar code DOES NOT encode your status, just the frequent flyer number

The Aer Club rules require presentation of the physical card

Likewise the fast track in Dublin have a flash card showing the valid frequent flyer cards

If however you have a plus or Advantage fare, this will be shown instead of your AerClub status

Ex; my boarding card this morning (checked in at desk) had PLUS after my AerClub number, I asked the girl in the lounge about this and she said it would have said Silver had I not been on a plus/Advantage fare.

She also let me enter the lounge without the physical card, she just asked me to show her the Aer lingus app on my phone (which shows me as silver)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I travel through DUB every Monday morning and never use fast track.
    Today I was through in five minutes, it's rarely more than ten and when it is it's usually due to some idiots in the queue ahead of me who don't understand the rules. I always travel light with no check in baggage and used to always just go through T2 even if I'm flying out of T1 as it always seemed faster, now I don't bother, in my experience DUB is one of the easier airports for passing through.

Just got into the No1 Lounge in BHX as a Silver member.

The Aer Lingus app (showing silver) and my boarding card were all it took.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

yeah, partner lounges work fine now. Been in the ones in EDI, GLA (both Aspire) and LGW (no. 1) recently. Fast track works in LGW but not in the Scottish airports.

Oh, and my tier points have just been reset, bah (membership year is March 2018 so should have expected that). A tier point statement would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Oh, and my tier points have just been reset, bah (membership year is March 2018 so should have expected that). A tier point statement would be nice.

I've gotten used to the floating thirteen month qualification on Emirates. It's a shame other airlines don't adopt that approach.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Just noticed that my EI Android app is showing me at 200 TPs, my account online has been reset to 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

Just noticed that my EI Android app is showing me at 200 TPs, my account online has been reset to 0.

On the iPhone at least, Tier Points and Avios only update every time you log in. Try logging out and logging back in and see if it updates.

On the iPhone at least, Tier Points and Avios only update every time you log in. Try logging out and logging back in and see if it updates.

yeah that's done the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Hmm - curious why you are losing tier points ? When i login to my account it shows 21 Nov 16 as the tier start date, and end Apr 18 as the Tier Expiry date, and that i need to earn x tier points by end Apr 18 to get to the next level. As Aerclub has only just started how can points / tier points be expiring already ?

mx5ire wrote: »
    Hmm - curious why you are losing tier points ? When i login to my account it shows 21 Nov 16 as the tier start date, and end Apr 18 as the Tier Expiry date, and that i need to earn x tier points by end Apr 18 to get to the next level. As Aerclub has only just started how can points / tier points be expiring already ?

my guess, and it's only that is that you will lose any tier points you've accumulated at the end of this month. My year end is March 2018, and I lost points accumulated since 21/11/16 at the end of March. So it's a 12-month target. I personally wouldn't have a problem with that, if they had only bothered to tell us.

While I'm at it, does anyone have a working email address for AerClub? I'll email them for clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭crisco10

my guess, and it's only that is that you will lose any tier points you've accumulated at the end of this month. My year end is March 2018, and I lost points accumulated since 21/11/16 at the end of March. So it's a 12-month target. I personally wouldn't have a problem with that, if they had only bothered to tell us.

While I'm at it, does anyone have a working email address for AerClub? I'll email them for clarification.

I think that's quite forgiving of you to not have a problem with that. Seems like another reason to just take Tier Points off people.

Where do you see your year end date?

• Advertisement

crisco10 wrote: »
    I think that's quite forgiving of you to not have a problem with that. Seems like another reason to just take Tier Points off people.

Where do you see your year end date?

You have 12 months to accumulate your points.

Aer Lingus has actually given you longer in your tier due to your previous Gold Circle status.

Messaging on this could of been better but you have actually gained your benefits for longer through this, you actually should be thankful if anything

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Ok - if it is a 12 month thing - fine. Gold Circle was 12 months as well i think. The confusion seems to be when does the 12 months start, assuming it is 12 months. As i pointed out on an earlier post, my start date was 21 Nov 16, and its tells me my Platinum Expiry and Membership Card expiry are both 30 Apr 2018, so this is obviously more than 12 months. I know that the benefits booklet that i received talked about 1 free upgrade in a 12 month period. 
    And the message below the progress pie bar chart thingy say that i need to earn xxx tier credits before 30 Apr 18 to advance to next tier. Now they are hardly going to take tier points away in that period are they, thus moving the goalposts. I think that my GC Elite card was to expire at end of Apr 17, so i can see the Apr 17 to Apr 18 link, so maybe it is an extra 4 odd months that i received ?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

mx5ire wrote: »
    Ok - if it is a 12 month thing - fine. Gold Circle was 12 months as well i think. The confusion seems to be when does the 12 months start, assuming it is 12 months. As i pointed out on an earlier post, my start date was 21 Nov 16, and its tells me my Platinum Expiry and Membership Card expiry are both 30 Apr 2018, so this is obviously more than 12 months. I know that the benefits booklet that i received talked about 1 free upgrade in a 12 month period. 
    And the message below the progress pie bar chart thingy say that i need to earn xxx tier credits before 30 Apr 18 to advance to next tier. Now they are hardly going to take tier points away in that period are they, thus moving the goalposts. I think that my GC Elite card was to expire at end of Apr 17, so i can see the Apr 17 to Apr 18 link, so maybe it is an extra 4 odd months that i received ?

Everyone that was a GC member shares that 21st Nov date, and rightly so, that's the date the AerClub tiers actually started. If your GC was due to end in April, then you were just moved over to the equivalent AC tier when GC closed with the same expiry date.

The problem, as I see it, is that there wasn't sufficient transition documentation, that non-elite members have their year starting on Nov 21st, while GC Elite are moved to their equivalent tier in AC with their same expiry carrying over.

FWIW, MayoSalmon is a known troll, don't put any effort in to entertaining him. He disappears for a few weeks then comes back.

Everyone that was a GC member shares that 21st Nov date, and rightly so, that's the date the AerClub tiers actually started. If your GC was due to end in April, then you were just moved over to the equivalent AC tier when GC closed with the same expiry date.

The problem, as I see it, is that there wasn't sufficient transition documentation, that non-elite members have their year starting on Nov 21st, while GC Elite are moved to their equivalent tier in AC with their same expiry carrying over.

FWIW, MayoSalmon is a known troll, don't put any effort in to entertaining him. He disappears for a few weeks then comes back.

Troll what bollocks are your talking about!

Its very simple actually.

If you were a tiered Gold Circle member (non-Applicant) and had significant time left in that Gold Circle tier, AerClub gave you that time that you would of missed.

For example

Gold Cicle Gold member whos card would of expired on July 2017 was given an AerClub card until July 2018.

With that said your Tier Credits accumulated from 1 Dec 2016 until June 2017 expire on 30 June 2017.

You then have your 12 months to achieve status 01 July 2017 until 30 June 2018.

I am somehow considered a troll because I have a full understanding of how the program works unlike you!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kiwster

Troll what bollocks are your talking about!

Its very simple actually.

If you were a tiered Gold Circle member (non-Applicant) and had significant time left in that Gold Circle tier, AerClub gave you that time that you would of missed.

For example

Gold Cicle Gold member whos card would of expired on July 2017 was given an AerClub card until July 2018.

With that said your Tier Credits accumulated from 1 Dec 2016 until June 2017 expire on 30 June 2017.

You then have your 12 months to achieve status 01 July 2017 until 30 June 2018.

I am somehow considered a troll because I have a full understanding of how the program works unlike you!

Sounds like bollix alright. It's completely untrue.
    I had GC expiry date of March 2017 and I received no Aer Club card. Status was taken away and now at least half my flights are not being credited to my account so despite having over 300+ tier points worth of flights my status is still Green as only 200 are showing in my account.

kiwster wrote: »
    I had GC expiry date of March 2017 and I received no Aer Club card. Status was taken away and now at least half my flights are not being credited to my account so despite having over 300+ tier points worth of flights my status is still Green as only 200 are showing in my account.

Same here, I had GC expiry of August 2017, and got booted down to Green,

Have since earned 350 Tier Credits (yet only 200 have shown up, leaving me at 260), so I emailed them, explained my situation, and they awarded me Silver status, 2 weeks ago tomorrow yet still no card in the post. But at least the app updated to show me as silver and so far it's gotten me into 2 lounges.

Get on to them and plead your case, send copies of all your boarding cards, tell them you've earned status, and you want it!!

Same here, I had GC expiry of August 2017, and got booted down to Green,

Have since earned 350 Tier Credits (yet only 200 have shown up, leaving me at 260), so I emailed them, explained my situation, and they awarded me Silver status, 2 weeks ago tomorrow yet still no card in the post. But at least the app updated to show me as silver and so far it's gotten me into 2 lounges.

Get on to them and plead your case, send copies of all your boarding cards, tell them you've earned status, and you want it!!

Because based on your last 12 months activity (Oct 15 - Oct 16) in Gold Circle you didn't qualify for Status is AerClub.

Now if there wasn't flights credited during that period that would of qualified you is another story.

However again there is fundamental lack of understanding of the migration process.

kiwster wrote: »

Same applies to you numpty.

Based on your last 12 months activity (Oct 15 - Oct 16) in Gold Circle you didn't qualify for Status in AerClub.

Now if there wasn't flights credited during that period that would of qualified you is another story.

However again there is fundamental lack of understanding of the migration process.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,540 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Same applies to you numpty.

Cut the personal insults

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,540 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Possibly because you've contradicted yourself quite majorly.
    Based on your last 12 months activity (Oct 15 - Oct 16) in Gold Circle you didn't qualify for Status in AerClub.

And

Do not make sense in the same reality.

Advertisement