Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kiwster

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    kiwster wrote: »
    Sounds like bollix alright. It's completely untrue.
    I had GC expiry date of March 2017 and I received no Aer Club card. Status was taken away and now at least half my flights are not being credited to my account so despite having over 300+ tier points worth of flights my status is still Green as only 200 are showing in my account.

Same applies to you numpty.

Based on your last 12 months activity (Oct 15 - Oct 16) in Gold Circle you didn't qualify for Status in AerClub.

Now if there wasn't flights credited during that period that would of qualified you is another story.

However again there is fundamental lack of understanding of the migration process.
    I'm not disputing that fact but you said GC card holders with an expiry in 2017 were given an Aer Club card till their GC expiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

kiwster wrote: »
    I'm not disputing that fact but you said GC card holders with an expiry in 2017 were given an Aer Club card till their GC expiry.

Let me clarify, Gold Circle members who qualified for status in AerClub.

If you had a Gold Circle card however you did not qualify for status in AerClub aka green...you receive nothing apart from 250 welcome bonus and possible tier credits allocation! You don't recieve transfer of points of GC points, no extension of benefits etc

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Well the whole expiry thing, be it membership or tier points, is just as confusing no matter how you look at it. 

I had GC Elite until April 17, and received a downgrade to Platinum until April 18. I had also re-qualified for GC membership etc in the meantime, so there is no issue with me no qualifying for status. (The downgrades are very very common among frequent flyers that i work with). 

Now from the last few pages on this thread, it appears that peoples tier credits are now disappearing BEFORE their AC membership tier expires. My tier is valid until April 18, should i expect to lose the tier credits that i currently have at the end of this month , despite the little pie chart telling that i need to earn xxx before April 18 to get to Concierge ?

So as others on Flyertalk and twitter are suggesting, start collecting points/ status with BA instead. I have not done my homework on this - is this really a viable alternative? I travel to the US mainly, sometimes regular, sometimes not, so does BA status etc get me access to EI lounges, quick checkin etc ?

It doesn't matter how you spin it, its confusing !

mx5ire wrote: »
    Well the whole expiry thing, be it membership or tier points, is just as confusing no matter how you look at it. 

I had GC Elite until April 17, and received a downgrade to Platinum until April 18. I had also re-qualified for GC membership etc in the meantime, so there is no issue with me no qualifying for status. (The downgrades are very very common among frequent flyers that i work with). 

Now from the last few pages on this thread, it appears that peoples tier credits are now disappearing BEFORE their AC membership tier expires. My tier is valid until April 18, should i expect to lose the tier credits that i currently have at the end of this month , despite the little pie chart telling that i need to earn xxx before April 18 to get to Concierge ?

So as others on Flyertalk and twitter are suggesting, start collecting points/ status with BA instead. I have not done my homework on this - is this really a viable alternative? I travel to the US mainly, sometimes regular, sometimes not, so does BA status etc get me access to EI lounges, quick checkin etc ?

It doesn't matter how you spin it, its confusing !

There's no spin, rather the mechanics that Aer Lingus have employed. Are they rather muddled possibly however there is rhyme and reason to it.

You received Platinum in Gold Circle as that is what you qualified for through your flying activity.

Yes peoples Tier credits will expire exactly 12 months before the end of there membership year.

In your case I can 100% guarantee you your tier credits will expire on 30 April 2017. You will then have 12 months to maintain or go up status.

Turn of phrase - how you spin it = how you look at it. Although Aer Lingus are applying plenty of marketing spin, recent launch of club, media celebrities, Kildare Village event etc. Reality is, they would be far better getting the mechanics of it to actually work for their current customer base, because right now it doesn't work. 

I, like others, had earned Elite status (and its benefits) through flying activity until April 17. That was interrupted (and benefits lost) by the AC changeover, during which I, like others, were dropped a layer. Now i hear that the tier credits that i have earned since Nov 21 expire 5 months and 9 days after that (30 April 2017) - its nuts. And we can talk about 12 month cycles, but this cycle is a mix of 2 separate non compatible schemes, with tier status earning in both GC and AC being lost without either running 12 months.

My other half missed out on Silver status during the swap over from GC to AC, and now will probably lose any current AC tier credits too without having 12 months to earn uprated status.  Not to mention all of the people you see on twitter (@Aerclubsucks) talking about not getting status updates and points until this mythical next stage rollout. 

Its a mess, and they know it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Not to mention all of the people you see on twitter (@Aerclubsucks) talking about not getting status updates and points until this mythical next stage rollout. 

Its a mess, and they know it.

That twitter handle has already disappeared (as did his previous one (@AerClubFeedback)),

• Registered Users Posts: 68,538 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Double Avios on conversion of SV mailing vouchers - this may be a once off, but if this is done every time, never ever convert at other times! Let them waste money posting out the vouchers etc and get the double points.

That twitter handle has already disappeared (as did his previous one (@AerClubFeedback)),
    Hmm - just checked it a few mins ago and it had recent posts.

Hmm - just checked it a few mins ago and it had recent posts.

Maybe it's still there, the account was following me, and now it's now so I assumed it was closed like the previous account the guy had

2 weeks now since Silver status was achieved and still no welcome pack/card.

I guess I'm waiting for the elusive 'next phase' of AerClub to roll out before I get my card!

• Advertisement

I just got 50 more Tier credits showing up on my account, I can only assume they are the 2 Plus flights I took on Monday/Tuesday!

Now if I could only get the other missing 100 credits!!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

I just got 50 more Tier credits showing up on my account, I can only assume they are the 2 Plus flights I took on Monday/Tuesday!

Now if I could only get the other missing 100 credits!!

I had 162.5 credits showing - should have been 340+.

Called them on Monday, very helpful went through all flights not allocated and said he was "sending them upstairs to be added"......I expect I'll be waiting a while!

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    I had 162.5 credits showing - should have been 340+.

Called them on Monday, very helpful went through all flights not allocated and said he was "sending them upstairs to be added"......I expect I'll be waiting a while!

When I was sitting on 260 tier credits (which I was until this morning, now on 310), but should have been on 360 (now should be on410), I emailed them, and said that if they just added 1 of my 3 missing flights (an advantage fare DUB-GLA), the 50 tier credits would be enough to get me over the line, so they responded a few days later and said they'd elevated me to Silver, and my welcome pack would be ordered & sent out. That was a little over 2 weeks ago now and still no card in the post. My account when I logged in showed me as Silver straight away (still with only 260 tier credits though), and the app followed a few days later.

I've since used the app (with a boarding card) to get into the lounges at DUB & BHX, though I didn't try fast track with the app as I'd already purchased DAA fast track anyway. The girl in the lounge said that I should try showing the app at Fast track and they should accept it, though she did jokingly cover her name badge when she said it to me, as in, probably no chance!!
    I'll be departing Dub again on Monday afternoon so won't be as pressed for time, so I'll try it then (unless of course the postman delivers my welcome pack on Monday morning).

So i spoke a nice chap today in Aerclub about various things, one of which being the recently discussed expiration / disappearance of tier points well before your actual Status level expiry. He stated that this was not the case - and that the tier points that i currently have will not disappear until my current Platinum level expires in April 18. 

This message is definitely contrary to what others have said here, and what people have described as happening to their accounts recently. I will be curious to see what happens to my account as April 17 rolls into May 17. 
    Still no sign of my missing United C class points from first week of Jan - but apparently some update expected to Aerclub software (i assume he means the back end) in the next week or two, which may positively impact missing points etc. Lets wait and see.
    I am doing Dub -NYC return in 2 weeks, will be curious to see how the points and tiers get applied. My last EWR trip in Feb took about 3 weeks to appear, and only after i added them to the missing flights form, which was probably coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

So i spoke a nice chap today in Aerclub about various things, one of which being the recently discussed expiration / disappearance of tier points well before your actual Status level expiry. He stated that this was not the case - and that the tier points that i currently have will not disappear until my current Platinum level expires in April 18. 

This message is definitely contrary to what others have said here, and what people have described as happening to their accounts recently. I will be curious to see what happens to my account as April 17 rolls into May 17. 
    Still no sign of my missing United C class points from first week of Jan - but apparently some update expected to Aerclub software (i assume he means the back end) in the next week or two, which may positively impact missing points etc. Lets wait and see.
    I am doing Dub -NYC return in 2 weeks, will be curious to see how the points and tiers get applied. My last EWR trip in Feb took about 3 weeks to appear, and only after i added them to the missing flights form, which was probably coincidence.

interesting, and as you say, completely contrary to at least my experience.

Do you mind sharing what number you spoke to them on? I might try to see if I can get my points to reappear :)

interesting, and as you say, completely contrary to at least my experience.

Do you mind sharing what number you spoke to them on? I might try to see if I can get my points to reappear :)

I PM'd you - not sure we are able to / allowed to share numbers publicly like that.

I PM'd you - not sure we are able to / allowed to share numbers publicly like that.

Shouldn't be a problem - it's on the website under the contact us link.

For anyone else, it's:

AerClub
    Queries regarding our loyalty programme

1890 800258

mx5ire wrote:

What was his name by any chance?

I didn't actually get his name, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭notuslimited

Thanks for doing that and letting us know. I hope the person you spoke to was fully up to speed because in my experience the only person you can have 100% belief in what they are saying is Catriona in Aer Club.

On a separate matter, I have a question. I bought a "Low Fare" ticket (S booking class) to NY at end April which gives me 50 Tier points each way. However, I used Concierge upgrades to travel up the front and now my booking class is listed as U. My question is will I get any Tier Points. I think I should having shelled out €614 for the ticket but the U class booking has got me wondering.

• Advertisement

I just received my Silver welcome pack, just in time as I'm leaving for the airport in about 30 minutes.

New luggage tags are a big improvement on the old Gold Circle ones with the leather strap!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Faiche Ro

As a silver member, can i bring a guest through fast track and into the lounge in Dublin any more?

Thanks

Faiche Ro wrote: »
    As a silver member, can i bring a guest through fast track and into the lounge in Dublin any more?

Thanks

I've gotten through Fast Track with a Silver Member, but not into the lounge.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    I've gotten through Fast Track with a Silver Member, but not into the lounge.

I'm a silver member and my companion was refused fast track at Dublin airport.

Extraplus wrote: »
    I'm a silver member and my companion was refused fast track at Dublin airport.

Silver membership affords no guest/companion benefits

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Faiche Ro

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Silver membership affords no guest/companion benefits

W**kers, talk about pissing off your regular customers

Not appropriate language to be using, Warning issued

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Faiche Ro wrote: »
    W**kers, talk about pissing off your regular customers

In fairness they could hardly let guests into the lounge as well, their food costs would go through the roof - do you know how much apples, cheese and crackers cost? There would be absolute carnage if the never-ending vat of soup went dry. :pac:

Do yourself a favour and fly with another airline if possible, IE is a glorified Ryanair at this stage. The FF programme is so tight-fisted it may as well not exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

jive wrote: »
    In fairness they could hardly let guests into the lounge as well, their food costs would go through the roof - do you know how much apples, cheese and crackers cost? There would be absolute carnage if the never-ending vat of soup went dry. :pac:

Do yourself a favour and fly with another airline if possible, IE is a glorified Ryanair at this stage. The FF programme is so tight-fisted it may as well not exist.

No other airline grants lounge access at the equivalent of EI Silver, so be extremely thankful to be let in at all. Would need to be BA Silver (which is the equivalent of EI Platinum) at least.

I have yet to meet another EI AC Platinum card holder, lounge is crawling with Silvers

No other airline grants lounge access at the equivalent of EI Silver, so be extremely thankful to be let in at all. Would need to be BA Silver (which is the equivalent of EI Platinum) at least.

I have yet to meet another EI AC Platinum card holder, lounge is crawling with Silvers

Give it 2/3 weeks and I'll be platinum, we can meet up in the lounge and look down upon the plebs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

I got the tier points from a return European flight over the weekend. No Avios yet.

I'm still waiting on both tier points and Avios for three transatlantic flights a few months ago.

Advertisement