Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I got the tier points from a return European flight over the weekend. No Avios yet.

I'm still waiting on both tier points and Avios for three transatlantic flights a few months ago.

My flights last week credited (both Tier Credits and Avios), but I'm still waiting on 3 flights to be added, it appears (for me anyway) the system is now working, so hopefully phase 2 will roll out soon and all missing flights will be credited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,538 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Still no tier credits from the changeover period that were to be credited by the end of December and still >1000 Avios missing somewhere between Supervalu and Aerclub for me

L1011 wrote: »
    Still no tier credits from the changeover period that were to be credited by the end of December and still >1000 Avios missing somewhere between Supervalu and Aerclub for me

I made 1 supervalu transfer and surprisingly enough they showed up as Avios a few days later!!

What's really annoying is one of my 3 missing flights is an ex DUB (DUB-GLA), so it really should have shown up, the other 2 were both GLA-DUB, (total of 100 Tier credits for the 3 flights)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

I made 1 super luv transfer and surprisingly enough they showed up as Avios a few days later!!

What's really annoying is one of my 3 missing flights is an ex DUB (DUB-GLA), so it really should have shown up, the other 2 were both GLA-DUB, (total of 100 Tier credits for the 3 flights)

Of my flights missing (11 of 18 since November) they are to / from Dublin at intermittent times - seems to be no Rhyme or reason to what's included.

Not credited:
    DUB - MAN
    DUB - LHR x3
    LHR - DUB x3
    DUB - GVA
    GVA - DUB
    ZRH - DUB
    LGW - DUB

A lot of these routes have been included in my credited flights, both before & after I flew on the above. Each time I've booked & checked in including FFN. It's a bit nuts and there doesn't seem to be anything automatic about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

No other airline grants lounge access at the equivalent of EI Silver, so be extremely thankful to be let in at all. Would need to be BA Silver (which is the equivalent of EI Platinum) at least.

I have yet to meet another EI AC Platinum card holder, lounge is crawling with Silvers

With EI, based on my knowledge of Gold Circle and last years conversion, its very hard to progress. Maybe it's easier now but you are basically starting fresh with the tier points.

The lounge in Dublin is one of the worst I've seen. Nice room and view but the worst selection of food of any lounge I've been in and I've seen plenty of bad ones.

I don't think anyone needs to be thankful for lounge access based on the the requirements to actually get silver. EI should be thankful anyone bothers with the worst FF programme going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I hear on the radio recently that EI have extended their 'ear worm' advert to herald the fact that "Smart" benefits from the loyalty scheme so they must be confident they've solved all the teething issues with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Still haven't received a single tier / Avios point. Given up on it to be honest. Roll on Ryanair's loyalty programme come September.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

the Aspire lounge in GLA has disappeared, so no lounge access for EI cardholders anywhere there, until it reappears as part of new development.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Still haven't received a single tier / Avios point. Given up on it to be honest. Roll on Ryanair's loyalty programme come September.

:pac::pac::pac:

A few of the lounges an the European network are a bit tired and jaded looking and far from the oasis of tranquility they're aspire to be. The one in AMS is like a train station with the number of people coming and going and the never ending traffic for buffet or peanuts. The one in DUS is just shabby and the snack selection basic and unappealing. Some people think lounge access is the holy grail but I find it's often not worth the effort for a free beer and a few peanuts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Headforpoints is a decent source of info on how to add to the Avios war chest through flights, hotels, car hire & related special offers.

Post on Supervalu eShops promo running 'til 20th April

http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/04/13/avios-ireland-back-250-avios-via-supervalu-for-every-eshop-purchase-however-small/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,368 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

No other airline grants lounge access at the equivalent of EI Silver, so be extremely thankful to be let in at all. Would need to be BA Silver (which is the equivalent of EI Platinum) at least.

I have yet to meet another EI AC Platinum card holder, lounge is crawling with Silvers

Do you go around asking people what status they are? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Not entirely related to AerClub but relevant none the less. Currently on EI123. The wifi plans have been totally overhauled. There are 3 data plans. The highest plan is nearly €30. The €15 plan only gets you 120mb of data. Very disappointing.

faceman wrote: »
    Not entirely related to AerClub but relevant none the less. Currently on EI123. The wifi plans have been totally overhauled. There are 3 data plans. The highest plan is nearly €30. The €15 plan only gets you 120mb of data. Very disappointing.

That's probably designed to stop you from using the internet to complain that you haven't been awarded the Avio points for the flight you're travelling on...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Noxegon

faceman wrote: »

Meanwhile I get 500MB for $1 on just about every Emirates flight I take.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Hey all, just looking for some advice as couldn't find on the AL website.

I'm travelling to/from LA/San Fran in the summer with someone, if I book for both of us, do I get double the points, or just points for myself, in addition if the other person joins, can she gets the points even thought I booked it?

Avios points awarded says 3x for price of flights, again - if I'm I booking do I get the points, or can she get the points under her name if she sets up an account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Hey all, just looking for some advice as couldn't find on the AL website.

I'm travelling to/from LA/San Fran in the summer with someone, if I book for both of us, do I get double the points, or just points for myself, in addition if the other person joins, can she gets the points even thought I booked it?

Avios points awarded says 3x for price of flights, again - if I'm I booking do I get the points, or can she get the points under her name if she sets up an account.

You will get only the points from your own ticket - same applies to each person booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

thebiglad wrote: »
    You will get only the points from your own ticket - same applies to each person booking.

With BA you can setup family accounts but not EI, you could set both of you up on EI and BA and move the avios to the BA family account and combine there but they would need to be used on BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

thebiglad wrote: »

Ok yea, so I book it and I get the points for my flight. Can she then get the points for her ticket on her account, even thought I booked it?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Ok yea, so I book it and I get the points for my flight. Can she then get the points for her ticket on her account, even thought I booked it?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Is there an email address for Aer Club.

I registered for Aer Club have my number and a username. When I log in using my username and password it brings me to the registration page. If I try to submit it I get a server error...

All my missing Tier Credits just posted on the app,

I also got some Silver member email off them as well!

Has the next phase finally arrived??

My Silver expiry date has been pushed way out to November 2018!

And I have til then to earn 141 Tier Credits to get to Platinum! (50 of which will be in this week, with maybe another 50 next week)

So happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

All my missing Tier Credits just posted on the app,

I also got some Silver member email off them as well!

Has the next phase finally arrived??

It has indeed.

How do I claim for missing flights?
    The next phased rollout, including processing of missing flights, is now here. Please click here to fill in the missing flights form. The Tier Credits and Avios points associated with these flights will be added to your account within 28days.

https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/about-aerclub/faqs/

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Ok - So just back from a family trip to NYC - mixed messages/feelings after a quick check of our accounts.

First thing i notice is that myself and my wife's tier points have been increased, but not from our NYC trip. I have received 25 tier points and no avios, for what i do not know. Wife received 57.5, and no avios - how the heck do you receive a half point ? No sign of missing United Avios from January and 2 x 1 way legs for a couple of EI US trips last year, and a couple of EU trips too. Guess i will have to call them to query the Tier points - there isn't a way to see online what earned you what is there ? At least there seems to be a little forward progress.

As a Elite demoted to Platinum member, i had mixed experiences of the lounges in Dub and JFK. Dub usually apply discretion and let us sneak my 9 year old daughter in, which was fine this time too. JFK was a different issue though - no way she was getting in, and they gleefully (i kid you not) pointed out that i cannot use points to get her in either, like in GC days. When i started to argue that my wife's missing tier point etc should have her as Silver already, they said that they hear this stuff 20+ times a day, are aware of the twitter bashing's, but would not budge. Not an inch. Fair enough, its the rule of law, but we should be able to get all 3 of us if their damn tier credits were actually applied. When a 9 year old says to you "that the lady was very very rude to you daddy", it says something.

Lastly, from the link above to EI site, its appears that a 28 day appearance figure if being bandied about for missing points, but twitter has lots of references to August. Is the truth somewhere in the middle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

For what it's worth, I got a resolution out of Aer Lingus.

I got in touch over Twitter, which got me emailing aerclubmigration@aerlingus.com. They realised I had 2 different AerClub account numbers (I don't understand how), but merged them together. After one more email, I was given Silver, and I now have my card.

Of course this shouldn't have happened, and yes it was a little slow to resolve, but I did want to say that there is hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I have Avios points via my BA membership.

Can I use my BA membership number with Aer Lingus somehow so that I can combine Avios points?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

snappieT wrote: »

I got in touch over Twitter, which got me emailing aerclubmigration@aerlingus.com. They realised I had 2 different AerClub account numbers (I don't understand how), but merged them together. After one more email, I was given Silver, and I now have my card.

Of course this shouldn't have happened, and yes it was a little slow to resolve, but I did want to say that there is hope :)

I have exactly the same problem, still no reply from AerClub.......did you get to keep and Goldcircle points you had previously? I had 9,000 points before the switch lover and I don't want to loose them

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

snappieT wrote: »

I have exactly the same problem, still no reply from AerClub.......did you get to keep and Goldcircle points you had previously? I had 9,000 points before the switch lover and I don't want to loose them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    I have Avios points via my BA membership.

Can I use my BA membership number with Aer Lingus somehow so that I can combine Avios points?

You will need to set up an Aer Club account and then combine avios in your avios account. ;)

Advertisement