Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Used Fast Track coming back from Berlin Tegel last night, just showed them my card at the lane and they let me through.

On a lounge note, the setup is absolutely absurd, Terminal C used by Aer Lingus in Tegel is basically a separate warehouse used mainly for AirBerlin about a five minute walk away from Terminal A.

There's a lounge right beside the EI gates, however, when I went in to the lounge, I was told the Aer Lingus lounge was in Terminal A, there is no air-side connection to Terminal A, so how on Earth you're supposed to use the lounge in Berlin I do not know.

EI did use Terminal A very briefly earlier in the year. The whole setup in TXL is a complete mess. SXF actually was better, a lot more on the far side of security and on a good day a jet bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Noxegon

TXL is an abomination. That said, it does seem more than a little asinine for a lounge to be in a different terminal to the relevant gate!

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Noxegon wrote: »
    TXL is an abomination. That said, it does seem more than a little asinine for a lounge to be in a different terminal to the relevant gate!

You haven't been to Rome so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Noxegon

You haven't been to Rome so

Regrettably I have. I waited four hours to rent a car at FCO one day.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,537 ✭✭✭✭L1011

No tier credits or Avios for a DUB-LGW-DUB trip at the weekend yet. Should have been 22.5 tier credits and a few hundred Avios.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    No tier credits or Avios for a DUB-LGW-DUB trip at the weekend yet. Should have been 22.5 tier credits and a few hundred Avios.

Give it at least 5 business days to go through

• Registered Users Posts: 68,537 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Give it at least 5 business days to go through

Even my incompetent, 70s bound bank doesn't take that long

I'm sure GC did take that long and I know I missed points; and possibly even keeping status at one stage, from missing flights. Newer systems shouldn't be so crap.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

My last 3 trips have been ex Dublin on a Tuesday, returning on the Thursday (2x DUB-BHX & 1 DUB-MAN) and for all 3 trips the ex Dublin Tier Credits showed up the following Saturday, and the return Tier Credits on the Sunday, Avios followed a day after each flights Tier Credits were added.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

My wife went to Las Vegas last week on a BA ticket through the UK (no Dub pre-clearance unfortunately), no sign of the points yet. Given that i am still waiting on a Dub-Ewr-Dub trip with United since 04th Jan, i would not be holding my breath on her getting the points soon. 

Also, for our recent NYC trip, we did receive Avios and Tier Credits, but the avios for each individual leg for the two of us are completely different. I know i get the Platinum bonus but Stephen Hawking couldnt work out the actual points awarded compared to the expected Eur x 3 guideline. Oh and the Tier points were 25 each way - meagre to say the least.  

I really wish i could get a statement of Tier points earned, - but not possible. And as expected, no contact from them as per my post two weeks ago about tier points being reset. Its pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

mx5ire wrote: »
    My wife went to Las Vegas last week on a BA ticket through the UK (no Dub pre-clearance unfortunately), no sign of the points yet. Given that i am still waiting on a Dub-Ewr-Dub trip with United since 04th Jan, i would not be holding my breath on her getting the points soon. 

You won't get any credit for this any time soon.

From EI website -

Certain airports may take longer to provide Aer Lingus with confirmation that the flight has been taken. If you have recently taken a flight from a European destination such as Frankfurt, Munich or Hamburg with Aer Lingus or our partner airlines and your Avios points and Tier Credits have not yet appeared in your AerClub account, rest assured they will be awarded within 2 months of the flight being taken, once you have included your membership number in the booking.

• Advertisement

Yeah - i am pretty sure that will be the case. The "rest assured...2 months" piece is hilarious. As i said - 4th Jan - still waiting, i flew from Dub remember. Its more irritating given that the "certain airports" bit is horse manure - she left Dub to Lhr on a green plane from T2 having checked in at an EI desk. BA own EI now, i accept that IT systems take a while to integrate, but this is just nonsense. 

Also, you still cannot checkin for a BA flight operated by EI - she had to checkin to the Dub-Lhr leg separately via the EI conf # on EI website, then checkin on BA website for the 'real' BA flights. This stuff is not difficult - when i stay at a Hilton anywhere, i get my double dip United miles added withing a couple of days. 

The lack of comms admitting issues is totally pathetic, they delayed the launch at least 3 times (i have the mails), they could now at least issue a basic statement stating that they have issues and are working on them blah blah. Hire a few new competent IT folks instead of Marketing people putting ads in bus shelters and backs of Aircoaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

Received the tier points and Avios for an outbound trip to TXL four days afterwards, but no sight of the return leg after 8 days. Looks like I'll be filling in the missing flights form yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

I fly weekly from LHR to Dublin & just got to silver this week (don't have card yet) How long is the usual wait for the card? Would I be able to go through Fast track & Lounge in Heathrow with the Silver membership showing on the app?
    Thanks

I fly weekly from LHR to Dublin & just got to silver this week (don't have card yet) How long is the usual wait for the card? Would I be able to go through Fast track & Lounge in Heathrow with the Silver membership showing on the app?
    Thanks

2 weeks to receive my 2 Silver cards so far this year.

If the phone app shows you as Silver it should get you into lounges, got me into DUB & BHX lounges before my card arrived.

Thanks

2 weeks to receive my 2 Silver cards so far this year.

If the phone app shows you as Silver it should get you into lounges, got me into DUB & BHX lounges before my card arrived.
    Brilliant, is that also the same for Fast track in Dublin? Thanks

Thanks

Fast track NO
    If the status shows on the app, boarding cards issued in Dublin or LHR will say 'priority boarding'
    Lounge staff can confirm your status on the system locally, Dublin always swipes the cards, LHR just does a visual check

Thanks

Fast track NO
    If the status shows on the app, boarding cards issued in Dublin or LHR will say 'priority boarding'
    Lounge staff can confirm your status on the system locally, Dublin always swipes the cards, LHR just does a visual check
    What if my boarding pass is on the app? Am I ok in both in that case?I never have physical boarding cards.

It will show priority boarding

You certainly need the physical card in Dublin for Fast Track, you might get lucky in LHR

It might take a few minutes but lounge shouldn't be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

Silly question. If you don't physically take a flight do you get awarded Avios or Tier Credits?

cian8 wrote: »
    Silly question. If you don't physically take a flight do you get awarded Avios or Tier Credits?

No, Tier Credits will only be awarded for flights actually taken, I'd say its the same for Avios (despite spending the money anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Is there a calculator anywhere that tells you how many tier points you get for a flight?

Also, is there a summary of anywhere of how many tier points are required in order to qualify for each tier?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

Is there a calculator anywhere that tells you how many tier points you get for a flight?

Also, is there a summary of anywhere of how many tier points are required in order to qualify for each tier?

https://www.aerlingus.ie/aerclub/using-aerclub/tiers-and-benefits/#/tab-0-green

It's all on this page, your Fare Class and whether you paid for Plus/Flex/Business decide your Tier Points. 301 for Silver, 601 for Platinum, 1051 for Concierge.

https://www.aerlingus.ie/aerclub/using-aerclub/tiers-and-benefits/#/tab-0-green

It's all on this page, your Fare Class and whether you paid for Plus/Flex/Business decide your Tier Points. 301 for Silver, 601 for Platinum, 1051 for Concierge.

There seems to be a lot more detailed information about anniversary dates, tier credit expiry dates etc on that link.

Finally.

There seems to be a lot more detailed information about anniversary dates, tier credit expiry dates etc on that link.

Finally.

Nothing new in there really that hasn't already been explained previously on this thread

Well it makes it official at least - and clearly shows that the phone fronting staff are/have been confused about the rules. Four different people told me that my tier points should not have disappeared, only one person said that this was correct. 

Maybe next we will get a paragraph about when points missing since Nov last year on BA and United will appear ?

mx5ire wrote: »
    Well it makes it official at least - and clearly shows that the phone fronting staff are/have been confused about the rules. Four different people told me that my tier points should not have disappeared, only one person said that this was correct. 

Maybe next we will get a paragraph about when points missing since Nov last year on BA and United will appear ?

https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/using-aerclub/collecting-avios/#/tab-0-in-the-air

No timeframe it would seem

Please allow some time for your account to be credited for Aer Lingus flights and flights taken with our partner airlines*.

*We are currently working with our partner airlines to ensure that you receive your Avios points for flights flown. This process is taking some time and the points will be credited as soon as possible. In the meantime, your travel activity will be captured and stored once you enter your AerClub membership number when booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Did they ever add a page to reclaim missing points?

I totally gave up on Aer Lingus.

Did they ever add a page to reclaim missing points?

I totally gave up on Aer Lingus.

There is a missing points form you can fill in somewhere on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭notuslimited

The missing points form is found via clicking on the FAQ section of Aer Club.

• Advertisement

The missing points form is found via clicking on the FAQ section of Aer Club.

https://www.aerlingusaerclub.com/index.aspx

Advertisement