Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

So on this missing flights form - for entering non EI flights, i.e. BA, United etc, they have two boxes at the end related to class. I have used the form many times, but i am unsure if i am entering the right thing. Its hard enough to get flights credited without giving them a reason not to credit your history. 

The first is a drop down box with fare classes - but this doesn't contain United discount Business Z class. I guess you can pick P instead ??

So what is the next box - Cabin Class ? It only allows entry of a single character, be it a letter, number or symbol. I asked someone on the phone but they didn't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I sent off an email to AerClub some weeks ago, requesting a corresponding PNR (as the missing flights form does not recognise booking references issued by TA's). Have now received two emails from two different folks, each with an entirely different PNR#.

Next step will be a call to a perfectly personable but entirely ineffective agent, who'll follow the script & inform me the issue will be sent 'upstairs' & I'll hear back in due course. Alas, yet another ride on the merry-go-round of the most shambolic FFP this side of Tajikistan.

Sounds very familiar. 

Not sure if anyone is following it, but the 2 person crusade on Twitter at the moment is just too funny. And the numbers of people complaining just seems to be growing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

mx5ire wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone is following it, but the 2 person crusade on Twitter at the moment is just too funny.

I have been checking in on it every couple of days!! the hockey guy is relentless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I have been checking in on it every couple of days!! the hockey guy is relentless.

Link?

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement

twitter

search: aerclubsucks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Just noticed another quirk with AerClub. If you book, not using the email on your account, it won't show up on line. Why wasn't your AerClub number also used to link flights to your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

So on this missing flights form - for entering non EI flights, i.e. BA, United etc, they have two boxes at the end related to class. I have used the form many times, but i am unsure if i am entering the right thing. Its hard enough to get flights credited without giving them a reason not to credit your history. 

The first is a drop down box with fare classes - but this doesn't contain United discount Business Z class. I guess you can pick P instead ??

So what is the next box - Cabin Class ? It only allows entry of a single character, be it a letter, number or symbol. I asked someone on the phone but they didn't know.

If you email United (details on their site) they will reply in a few days with all of those details - Cabin Class and Fare class etc. included. I have quite a few internal US flights on united that haven't been credited yet. I've emailed, filled out the missing flights forms many times and have made at least half a dozen phone calls on this (with promised call backs that haven't happened) but still nothing. This is aside from the many other issues I've had with the transition. It's been a COMPLETE F*CK UP.

If you email United (details on their site) they will reply in a few days with all of those details - Cabin Class and Fare class etc. included. I have quite a few internal US flights on united that haven't been credited yet. I've emailed, filled out the missing flights forms many times and have made at least half a dozen phone calls on this (with promised call backs that haven't happened) but still nothing. This is aside from the many other issues I've had with the transition. It's been a COMPLETE F*CK UP.
    Those last 6 words cover it i think.

I have done all of the above, multiple times, no update. Same with BA flights, which is almost worse as they are in the same 'family', though obviously ownership and actual IT integration are very different things. And on the partner airlines piece, its also disappointing that JetBlue travel isn't included for Avios earning, given that you can use the EI website to book a trip to many US cities that utilise Jetblue via NYC or Boston etc. You still pay for the ticket. I might just mail United then. 

And to comment on ironclaws post above, i agree that this is a pain. We have to book via a corporate travel system, so my EI travel never gets linked to my Aerclub upcoming flights etc. And because the trip isnt booked directly on their website, i regularly cannot check in online either, just a banner message to contact your travel agent blah blah.

Can anyone tried to change their password on AerClub? I've done it a few times now, on different browsers, and I still can't log in. The password change doesn't appear to reflect.

• Advertisement

I got it done once - right back at the very start - when setting up my account. But i remember a few calls to Gold circle/Aerclub to get it working. If you look on Twitter, it appears that lots of people have issues with it. In fact lots of people cannot login at all. 

Not sure what is worse, not being to see my account, or being able to see and confirming that i am missing Tier Points and Avios.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

ironclaw wrote: »
    Can anyone tried to change their password on AerClub? I've done it a few times now, on different browsers, and I still can't log in. The password change doesn't appear to reflect.

I have without an issue.

The real issue is trying to change your email address. Try it...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Received points/credits from my trip last weekend. EI phone app not updated to reflect but website and avios app have.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Received points/credits from my trip last weekend. EI phone app not updated to reflect but website and avios app have.

log out of the EI phone app, then log back in and you should see the updated info reflected.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rev2.0

Perhaps a stupid question but.... If i book a flight for my OH, can i use my own Aerclub number?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,537 ✭✭✭✭L1011

rev2.0 wrote: »
    Perhaps a stupid question but.... If i book a flight for my OH, can i use my own Aerclub number?

No

There is the Avios Household Account for merging avios. You can't get the tier credits.

log out of the EI phone app, then log back in and you should see the updated info reflected.

I'm convinced at this stage they had a group of college students design their entire IT infrastructure. Was there any consultation with seasoned travellers? I'd actually give my time to free to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

'Despite a six-month storm of criticism, Aer Lingus stands by its new frequent flyer scheme

The carrier’s Aerclub initiative has been panned by many long-term fliers since it was brought in'

https://fora.ie/aer-lingus-aerclub-complaints-3409409-Jun2017/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Can you add flights to Aer Club after you book ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Can you add flights to Aer Club after you book ?

Yes either at check in or online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Yes either at check in or online

This does not in any way make them appear in your profile on the website, just makes sure you get credit (eventually) for the flights taken.

Only flights where the lead passenger contact email address matches you account will be shown, even if the frequent flyer number is from a different airline

This does not in any way make them appear in your profile on the website, just makes sure you get credit (eventually) for the flights taken.

Only flights where the lead passenger contact email address matches you account will be shown, even if the frequent flyer number is from a different airline

Flights are associated by email address. If you booked a flight using a different email address to your AerClub one you won't see it on your profile however you will get credit for it once your AerClub number is included in the booking.

Flights are associated by email address. If you booked a flight using a different email address to your AerClub one you won't see it on your profile however you will get credit for it once your AerClub number is included in the booking.

Any business analyst who did an iota of homework would realize a huge gap in their product on that premise alone. My AerClub account is on my personal email, but all my travel is booked via Concur and is routed on my work address. The common key between them? My frequent flyer number. Every other airline links on that alone, they couldn't give a fiddlers what your email address is, its just easier for a person to remember and log in with.

At a technical level, its as simple as an OR statement in the search syntax. Lazy programming and integration, nothing more.

Their password policy also has a huge security vulnerability which they have not addressed.

ironclaw wrote:
    Their password policy also has a huge security vulnerability which they have not addressed.

Authentication has to follow Avios conditions so that problem lies with them and IAG to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I finally got around to filling in the Missing Flights form going all the way back to December (the migration). Wonder how long it will take them to process it?

When I look at my flight history, they're easily missing half the flights

Authentication has to follow Avios conditions so that problem lies with them and IAG to be fair.

Its on the Aer Lingus side, particularly in the App implementation. They are aware of it and have been for about 8 weeks now but have not addressed it.

ironclaw wrote:
    Its on the Aer Lingus side, particularly in the App implementation. They are aware of it and have been for about 8 weeks now but have not addressed it.

No it's not...everytime you log into AerClub regardless of your platform your going through an Avios Authentication process through an API call...if ever it fails it's to do with Avios.

A few months back I could get into Avios.com no problem but was unable to get into Aer Lingus. API call to Avios was the problem which is Avios infrastructure.

No it's not...everytime you log into AerClub regardless of your platform your going through an Avios Authentication process through an API call...if ever it fails it's to do with Avios.

A few months back I could get into Avios.com no problem but was unable to get into Aer Lingus. API call to Avios was the problem which is Avios infrastructure.

Well, as an example, its possible to have a password that will work in the App and not on the website, and vice versa. Its really, really sloppy code and whoever wrote it should be ashamed. A very basic UI/UX test would have spotted that and demonstrates, as with many other areas of the site and functionality, a really poor set of requirements and overall project management.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I had 1850 points or it might have been 18500, I can't remember and it doesn't really matter because they didn't transfer across anyway. I don't know if this 1850 (or 18,500) included the missing points I asked them to look into but I know it doesn't include the other missing points I haven't asked them about because I'm still waiting for them to respond to my earlier requests to look into my missing points. As a loyalty scheme it's a total fiasco, almost as bad as the Turkish Airlines 'Miles and Smiles' scheme but at least they exchange bi-monthly emails with me where they ask me to submit the exact same information I submitted two months earlier, and two months before that.
    Smart doesn't have time for this ****....

I take this back, I've started using them quite a bit again recently and if you use the app it's really quick and easy to claim the missing miles, I spent months getting nowhere with emails and trying to sort it out online but did it in a few minutes using their app. Now whenever I take a flight with them I get an email the following day confirming I've been credited the miles for each sector flown....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

I'm not in Aer Club and don't intend to join. However, I am eagerly awaitingAer Lingus joining One World, so that I can earn into my BAEC when booking directly and flying with EI.

I saw a couple of articles saying the would be back in One World by the end of 2016 or early 2017. I'm starting to wonder though... all the problems they are having with their own FFP, it does not bode well for when they need to integrate with FFPs for the other One World airlines.

Advertisement