Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

@KevR, you are better off with the major players in the OneWorld or StarAlliance groups. Its fine to and from Dublin, but having a major airline behind you in terms of status in those circles really helps. I doubt anyone would care if you are Concierge with Aer Lingus if you rocked up with Emerald on BA, and there is no way they are remotely comparable. I'm thinking back how hard it was to get Silver in SA with Lufthansa and I've got Silver with EI in a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I take this back, I've started using them quite a bit again recently and if you use the app it's really quick and easy to claim the missing miles, I spent months getting nowhere with emails and trying to sort it out online but did it in a few minutes using their app. Now whenever I take a flight with them I get an email the following day confirming I've been credited the miles for each sector flown....:)

How do you claim missing flights via the app?? I took a quick look but I couldn't see how

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭thebiglad

dudara wrote: »
    How do you claim missing flights via the app?? I took a quick look but I couldn't see how

He was referring to Turkish Airlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks - completely misread that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Eventually it is sorted, only took 6 months!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

ironclaw wrote: »
    @KevR, you are better off with the major players in the OneWorld or StarAlliance groups. Its fine to and from Dublin, but having a major airline behind you in terms of status in those circles really helps. I doubt anyone would care if you are Concierge with Aer Lingus if you rocked up with Emerald on BA, and there is no way they are remotely comparable. I'm thinking back how hard it was to get Silver in SA with Lufthansa and I've got Silver with EI in a month.

Agree completely.
    I had Silver with BA for a few years. Fast track everything at the airport, lounge access, additional checked baggage allowance, free seat selection at time of booking. The frequent flyer perks were applicable on American Airlines and other One World airlines. It was fantastic - it really streamlined the whole flying experience.

Unfortunately, I dropped back to Bronze last year because I didn't travel enough and because some of my flights were booked on EI (meaning no BA tier points were earned).
    Doing a lot more travel this year, I'm expecting to have BA Silver back in the next couple of months. :)

From my point of view, it would be great to have EI in One World and paying out TPs to BAEC accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

It will show priority boarding

You certainly need the physical card in Dublin for Fast Track, you might get lucky in LHR

It might take a few minutes but lounge shouldn't be a problem
    For anyone else who has this question, I became a silver member 3 weeks ago but haven't received any card. But the day after I moved up to Silver I checked in on the app & the boarding pass showed Silver member so I just used this for Fast track, Lounge & priority boarding in both Dublin & LHR for the last 2 weeks without any issues.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I became a silver member 3 weeks ago but haven't received any card.

Both silver cards they sent me took 2 weeks to arrive, so it might be worth checking with them if nothing after 3 weeks.

I was able to get into the Dub lounge with the app showing Silver though didn't try it at fast track that morning as I'd pre purchased DAA fast track.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

thebiglad wrote: »
    He was referring to Turkish Airlines.
    Thanks - completely misread that one.

How difficult would it be for Aer Lingus to do the same...?
    Turkish Airlines have a fleet probably three times the size of EI and they can do it.

You enter your FF# when you check in, if you don't you have a year to claim the miles, you get an email the day after you fly telling you you've been credited with the points, simple!
    Any problems and you apply for the missing flights via the app, you get a response within minutes and the points shortly after.

It would save everyone a lot of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I can see many of the posters on this thread applying for this ;):pac::rolleyes::

https://ie.linkedin.com/jobs/view/324519403

Job description
    Description

Aer Lingus Recruitment

AerClub Operations & Customer Manager

AerClub Loyalty Department – Dublin

Applications are currently being invited for the role of AerClub Operations & Customer Manager in the AerClub Loyalty Department in Dublin. Reporting to the Head of AerClub, the successful candidate will have overall responsibility for implementing our loyalty support strategy. The Operations & Customer Manager for AerClub is responsible for the day to day running of all Loyalty Operations aspects of the AerClub loyalty scheme including the review and update of policies and procedures and the training of other guest facing departments to ensure great service delivery at all customer touch points. This function will be responsible for overall outstation awareness and understanding, development of the overall long-term customer service strategy and development of plans to meet targets.

Key Responsibilities/Duties

Managing the guest facing aspects of AerClub as a centre of excellence for all other airline departments
    Completing, defining, updating and reviewing all guest policies and procedures, enacting training where necessary, while managing this within a 12 month threshold
    Management of AerClub service delivery at all customer touch points
    Implementing and driving the Company’s support function by improving communication and business relationships between the contact centre, airports, outstations, operational units, partners and suppliers
    Developing a strong company strategy to ensure brand loyalty, a consistent brand image, operational unit specifications etc.
    Handling queries, complaints and concerns from internal departments and the call centre ensuring conclusive and positive outcomes
    Identifying loyalty opportunities, new loyalty concepts, monitoring market trends and competitor activity and reporting on a regular basis
    Assisting the sales team with all aspects of member retention, revenue growth and increasing member loyalty
    Developing strategy to drive cost optimization and financial strategy in line with programme cost and revenue objectives
    Enhancing operational efficiency, service delivery and creating a continuous improvement culture by the implementation of process improvement initiatives
    Identifying risks, plugging the gaps, implementing quick fixes on process issues, updating procedures and sharing best practices to actively participate in the improvement of overall operations
    Monitoring key performance indicators and service agreement levels that feed into the loyalty programme and implementing new business measurement tools to monitor targets set out in the cost optimization strategy
    Preparing, reviewing and interpreting management process audits
    Ensuring all loyalty programme processes of audit, operations, customer service and quality control are completed and in place
    Optimizing budget allocation between the different brand activities and category priorities
    Responsible for stock management across all airports and operational areas for the Loyalty programme e.g. signs, brochures etc.
    Managing the relationship between the Aer Lingus Customer Call Centre and the Loyalty team through partnering with the Customer Call Centre Manager, including managing the loyalty objectives of the Call Centre e.g. managing weekly targets
    Assisting the Call Centre in resolving AerClub customer queries
    Managing all customer escalations on behalf of the Loyalty team including signing off costs with the Head of AerClub
    Managing the relationship with VIP/Concierge members

To be considered for the position of AerClub Operations & Customer Manager, candidates must meet the following:

Essential Criteria

A proven track record in Customer/Operations relationship management
    Excellent communication skills
    5+ years’ experience within a similar role
    A third level degree is desirable but not essential
    Strong IT and report writing skills
    Solid understanding of all aspects of loyalty and customer service
    Proven ability to think strategically as well as operationally
    An independent, dynamic team lead who shall have extensive experience in independently managing operations and leading/involvement in technical integration
    Fluent in English, both written and spoken
    Eligible to live and work in the EU
    Hold a current unrestricted worldwide passport
    Provide 3 verifiable references
    Able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure which includes a 5 year background check* (or be in possession of a current airside pass for the airport this position is based in)
    Possess and be able to demonstrate the key competencies and skills outlined below
    If you are a non Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries

Key Competencies/Skills Required

Excellent influencer with strong interpersonal and communication skills
    Good organisational and planning ability and team lead qualities are critical
    Analytical ability
    Training and facilitation skills

Closing Date: Wednesday 14th June 2017

AER LINGUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
    In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
    Are you eligible to live and work in EU without restriction?
    Are you 18 years of age or over?
    Are you fluent in English, both spoken and written?
    Can you provide a verifiable 5 year background/employment history?
    Can you provide 2 verifiable references?
    Have you been convicted of a criminal offence in Ireland?
    Is there anything that would prevent you passing our security clearance process?
    Are you prepared to complete a medical questionnaire & medical examination?
    Have you been convicted of a criminal offence (ref Criminal Justice Act 2016)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

I can see many of the posters on this thread applying for this ;):pac::rolleyes::

https://ie.linkedin.com/jobs/view/324519403

Job description
    Description

Aer Lingus Recruitment

AerClub Operations & Customer Manager

AerClub Loyalty Department – Dublin

Applications are currently being invited for the role of AerClub Operations & Customer Manager in the AerClub Loyalty Department in Dublin. Reporting to the Head of AerClub, the successful candidate will have overall responsibility for implementing our loyalty support strategy. The Operations & Customer Manager for AerClub is responsible for the day to day running of all Loyalty Operations aspects of the AerClub loyalty scheme including the review and update of policies and procedures and the training of other guest facing departments to ensure great service delivery at all customer touch points. This function will be responsible for overall outstation awareness and understanding, development of the overall long-term customer service strategy and development of plans to meet targets.

Key Responsibilities/Duties

Managing the guest facing aspects of AerClub as a centre of excellence for all other airline departments
    Completing, defining, updating and reviewing all guest policies and procedures, enacting training where necessary, while managing this within a 12 month threshold
    Management of AerClub service delivery at all customer touch points
    Implementing and driving the Company’s support function by improving communication and business relationships between the contact centre, airports, outstations, operational units, partners and suppliers
    Developing a strong company strategy to ensure brand loyalty, a consistent brand image, operational unit specifications etc.
    Handling queries, complaints and concerns from internal departments and the call centre ensuring conclusive and positive outcomes
    Identifying loyalty opportunities, new loyalty concepts, monitoring market trends and competitor activity and reporting on a regular basis
    Assisting the sales team with all aspects of member retention, revenue growth and increasing member loyalty
    Developing strategy to drive cost optimization and financial strategy in line with programme cost and revenue objectives
    Enhancing operational efficiency, service delivery and creating a continuous improvement culture by the implementation of process improvement initiatives
    Identifying risks, plugging the gaps, implementing quick fixes on process issues, updating procedures and sharing best practices to actively participate in the improvement of overall operations
    Monitoring key performance indicators and service agreement levels that feed into the loyalty programme and implementing new business measurement tools to monitor targets set out in the cost optimization strategy
    Preparing, reviewing and interpreting management process audits
    Ensuring all loyalty programme processes of audit, operations, customer service and quality control are completed and in place
    Optimizing budget allocation between the different brand activities and category priorities
    Responsible for stock management across all airports and operational areas for the Loyalty programme e.g. signs, brochures etc.
    Managing the relationship between the Aer Lingus Customer Call Centre and the Loyalty team through partnering with the Customer Call Centre Manager, including managing the loyalty objectives of the Call Centre e.g. managing weekly targets
    Assisting the Call Centre in resolving AerClub customer queries
    Managing all customer escalations on behalf of the Loyalty team including signing off costs with the Head of AerClub
    Managing the relationship with VIP/Concierge members

To be considered for the position of AerClub Operations & Customer Manager, candidates must meet the following:

Essential Criteria

A proven track record in Customer/Operations relationship management
    Excellent communication skills
    5+ years’ experience within a similar role
    A third level degree is desirable but not essential
    Strong IT and report writing skills
    Solid understanding of all aspects of loyalty and customer service
    Proven ability to think strategically as well as operationally
    An independent, dynamic team lead who shall have extensive experience in independently managing operations and leading/involvement in technical integration
    Fluent in English, both written and spoken
    Eligible to live and work in the EU
    Hold a current unrestricted worldwide passport
    Provide 3 verifiable references
    Able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure which includes a 5 year background check* (or be in possession of a current airside pass for the airport this position is based in)
    Possess and be able to demonstrate the key competencies and skills outlined below
    If you are a non Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries

Key Competencies/Skills Required

Excellent influencer with strong interpersonal and communication skills
    Good organisational and planning ability and team lead qualities are critical
    Analytical ability
    Training and facilitation skills

Closing Date: Wednesday 14th June 2017

AER LINGUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
    In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
    Are you eligible to live and work in EU without restriction?
    Are you 18 years of age or over?
    Are you fluent in English, both spoken and written?
    Can you provide a verifiable 5 year background/employment history?
    Can you provide 2 verifiable references?
    Have you been convicted of a criminal offence in Ireland?
    Is there anything that would prevent you passing our security clearance process?
    Are you prepared to complete a medical questionnaire & medical examination?
    Have you been convicted of a criminal offence (ref Criminal Justice Act 2016)
    I'd truly love to see some member here get this job and really sort things out once and for all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

It would be quite the challenge indeed

Locker10a wrote: »
    I'd truly love to see some member here get this job and really sort things out once and for all

I'd love to see either the AerClubSucks guy from twitter or the guy from Hockey Ireland (who was tweeting about 40/50 tweets per day) get it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I've a return trip this week which will get me into Platinum Tier (thus also extending my tier credits expiry out beyond November).

Thinking now I might go balls out and try and make Concierge before years end, and get herself a complimentary membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

(thus also extending my tier credits expiry out beyond November).

Not sure what this means? Can you explain?

Not sure what this means? Can you explain?

My current Silver membership expires in November 2018, so in November 2017, my Tier credits will go back to 0.

However if I attain Platinum status next week, my new Platinum membership expiry will be sometime in early 2019, meaning my tier credits will reset to 0 12 months before that expiry date. In my case, I'll get the 12 months of platinum, plus the remaining 8 months of my Silver membership before I hit the anniversary date of when I joined AerClub. (I'll have 8 months as opposed to 4 months left of keeping my earned tier credits, thus making it possible to get to concierge)
    (I'm not entirely sure how they work it out (obviously, because it's all a f**king mess), but it's been covered here quite a lot over the last few pages, and the website finally gives some clarity on the subject).

If, during your anniversary year, you move up a membership tier, your benefits will be extended by the amount of time left to your anniversary date plus 12 months.

For example:

Your anniversary date is 1st June 2017, and you reach Platinum membership on November 1st 2017. Your new membership card will expire on May 31st 2019, thus giving you the months remaining to your anniversary date and a further 12 months. When June 1st 2018 is reached your Tier Credits will reset to zero and your new tier will be calculated on May 31st 2019, based on the flights taken between June 1st 2018 and 31st May 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

My current Silver membership expires in November 2018, so in November 2017, my Tier credits will go back to 0.

However if I attain Platinum status next week, my new Platinum membership expiry will be sometime in early 2019, meaning my tier credits will reset to 0 12 months before that expiry date. In my case, I'll get the 12 months of platinum, plus the remaining 8 months of my Silver membership before I hit the anniversary date of when I joined AerClub. (I'll have 8 months as opposed to 4 months left of keeping my earned tier credits, thus making it possible to get to concierge)
    (I'm not entirely sure how they work it out (obviously, because it's all a f**king mess), but it's been covered here quite a lot over the last few pages, and the website finally gives some clarity on the subject).

If, during your anniversary year, you move up a membership tier, your benefits will be extended by the amount of time left to your anniversary date plus 12 months.

For example:

Your anniversary date is 1st June 2017, and you reach Platinum membership on November 1st 2017. Your new membership card will expire on May 31st 2019, thus giving you the months remaining to your anniversary date and a further 12 months. When June 1st 2018 is reached your Tier Credits will reset to zero and your new tier will be calculated on May 31st 2019, based on the flights taken between June 1st 2018 and 31st May 2019.

That slightly melted my brain but I think I got it? I'm Silver till Nov 18 too but should be hitting Platinum in a few weeks so if this means I maintain status longer I'm happy!

I'm already on my 2nd Silver card, first one had an expiry of February 2018 (12 months after I attained silver), so theoretically I should have reset to zero then, but since I only joined AerClub in November 2016, they had to at least give me a 12 month period to earn and achieve higher tiers.

after a flurry of flights and tier credits earned, they then sent me a new (still Silver) card at the end of April with the expiry date of November 2018 on it, so I take that to mean I'm now an established member, and they are giving me the chance to move up through the tiers.

I assume by making Platinum this week, that will put another 2 months onto everything (card expiry moves out to January 2019, tier points reset to zero in January 2018), meaning I have an additional 2 months to get to Concierge.

That slightly melted my brain but I think I got it? I'm Silver till Nov 18 too but should be hitting Platinum in a few weeks so if this means I maintain status longer I'm happy!

Yeah, it's a bit of a head f**k alright, but I believe the gist of it is if they see you advancing up the tiers, they'll let you keep your tier credits for longer to allow you the chance to make the top tier!

I booked Advantage outbounds and Plus returns for the first 4 or so flights I took this year (75 credits per trip) to get the tier credits up quick to get me over the 301 needed for Silver, and since then everything has been Plus fares (50 per trip), so I'll be on 610 after this weeks trip, meaning I'll only need another 9 trips on Plus fares to get to Concierge, which I should easily do by summers end thanks to running a few big projects in the U.K. this year.

In 8 years as a Gold Circle member, only 1 year did I almost get to the 4,800 points in a 12 month period to advance to the next tier, but alas, I never made it, at least with AerClub* it seems a lot easier to progress upwards.

*Disclaimer: It's all still been a shambles though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Downsey77

I don't think you'll get a further extension to your tier credit qualification period, I think it will reset to zero in Nov as you only get a maximum of 12months to earn your status.

I'm in a similar boat, I have 770 TP, but owed 90+ in missing flights, so two more advantage returns will get me to concierge (assuming I ever get my missing TPs back). My TPs reset at the end of Sept, but it'll be worth me paying a bit extra to reach concierge due to the T/A upgrades & companion flight rewards.

Downsey77 wrote: »
    I'm in a similar boat, I have 770 TP, but owed 90+ in missing flights, so two more advantage returns will get me to concierge (assuming I ever get my missing TPs back). My TPs reset at the end of Sept, but it'll be worth me paying a bit extra to reach concierge due to the T/A upgrades & companion flight rewards.

Biggest perk of concierge for me is the complementary membership (Silver I assume) you can give to anyone you nominate.

Would be handy for the OH who flys a bit, but not enough to ever make it out of the Green Tier.

The T/A upgrades are very handy too though I haven't flown TA in about 6 years now, but that wouldn't be top of my list. (But I'd certainly consider a trip a lot more now)

They really need to start letting people use Avios for upgrades! That was a great way to spend GC points in the past. By far the best value you could ever get with GC points (4,000 points turning a €300/€500 ticket into a €1,400~ ticket)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

No Andy your tier credits will still expire end of Nov 2017, however you will maintain Platinum to Nov 2018 even if you don't fly again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

They really need to start letting people use Avios for upgrades! That was a great way to spend GC points in the past. By far the best value you could ever get with GC points (4,000 points turning a €300/€500 ticket into a €1,400~ ticket)

Also you can do this, you have to phone them though. The value you got previously in Gold Circle is not there anymore. Think it's 20,000 odd for a upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

what is the contact email? i sent two mails to loyalty a few months back but no reply

• Registered Users Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭trellheim

how far back can you claim flights , I've just figured out my ff number wasnt on the profile

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Downsey77

trellheim wrote: »
    how far back can you claim flights , I've just figured out my ff number wasnt on the profile

You can claim flights back to 1st November 2016, 1 month prior to the official launch of Aer Club. All but one of my missing flights were for Nov 2016, everything else has tracked correctly bar one BHX flight which failed to credit in Feb.

I hope you have more luck that me, in getting them credited!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Has anyone tried to book an award flight with Avios out of Dublin ?

I have tried both Chrome & IE on desktop, plus iPhone & Android apps, & all crash when you search, giving message 'Page not Found'

Any ideas ?

banchang wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to book an award flight with Avios out of Dublin ?

I have tried both Chrome & IE on desktop, plus iPhone & Android apps, & all crash when you search, giving message 'Page not Found'

Any ideas ?

I had a look at booking a flight with Avios, but the same flights were cheaper if you didn't use Avios.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

I had a look at booking a flight with Avios, but the same flights were cheaper if you didn't use Avios.

Sorry dont understand - I'm trying to use points, so the only cost would be taxes & charges ?

Advertisement