Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

banchang wrote: »
    Sorry dont understand - I'm trying to use points, so the only cost would be taxes & charges ?

that's correct, but it's an almost set number of points using the avios system (e.g. 4,000 one way to london + taxes & charges). This means you don't get the advantage of discount / saver / early fares and the cost benefit isn't there quite often.

I can see the benefit if you're book quite late (e.g. a week or two in advance) and the discount fares are not available but the avios cost (4000 points) hasn't changed. It's a swizz for the most-part! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    that's correct, but it's an almost set number of points using the avios system (e.g. 4,000 one way to london + taxes & charges). This means you don't get the advantage of discount / saver / early fares and the cost benefit isn't there quite often.

I can see the benefit if you're book quite late (e.g. a week or two in advance) and the discount fares are not available but the avios cost (4000 points) hasn't changed. It's a swizz for the most-part! :)

Thanks - I'm trying to book a return to Washington DC with points - flight cost is approx Eur850.

banchang wrote: »
    Thanks - I'm trying to book a return to Washington DC with points - flight cost is approx Eur850.

Assuming each way avios charge will be 13,000 points + taxes & charges. Looked online recently and that amounted to 380ish on avios system. If you've got the points to use then it's a saving.

Although, someone said on here recently that you can call them and use avios points to upgrade to business - which is a better use of them in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    Assuming each way avios charge will be 13,000 points + taxes & charges. Looked online recently and that amounted to 380ish on avios system. If you've got the points to use then it's a saving.

Although, someone said on here recently that you can call them and use avios points to upgrade to business - which is a better use of them in my opinion.

Thanks - back to my original question, trying to book across multiple platforms & the flight search crashes to 'page not found' - I don't want call them & wait 20 mins or Chat, as i want to test multiple dates & US destinations.

Has anyone experienced this with the Avios apps or Avios.com ? I cleared cookies at their suggestion to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭trellheim

Thanks, what is the procedure for getting flights credited
    ? I did look at the website

• Advertisement

trellheim wrote: »
    Thanks, what is the procedure for getting flights credited
    ? I did look at the website

https://www.aerlingusaerclub.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭knockoutned

Sorry if this has been asked before, but when I was a gold circle member, I was emailed a monthly statement, which showed all my flights for the prior month.

Are AerClub doing this now? I haven't received any emails from them. I know when I log in I can see my past trips, however, I've no idea what flights have been included in my Tier Credits calculation. I'm still missing a loads of Tier Credits since the start, but I've no way of reconciling them back to my flights.

When I spoke to an agent, I was also told that she couldn't see my past flights on her system even though I could! I'm not sure how that is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Sorry if this has been asked before, but when I was a gold circle member, I was emailed a monthly statement, which showed all my flights for the prior month.

Are AerClub doing this now? I haven't received any emails from them. I know when I log in I can see my past trips, however, I've no idea what flights have been included in my Tier Credits calculation. I'm still missing a loads of Tier Credits since the start, but I've no way of reconciling them back to my flights.

When I spoke to an agent, I was also told that she couldn't see my past flights on her system even though I could! I'm not sure how that is possible.

May not be 100% accurate but...

I use the avios statement and work on the basis that where Avios points show for a flight that tier points are credited - typically my Avios credit couple of days after Tier Points change.

Apart from that, submit the missing points form for everything and wait until Aer Lingus sort their IT and can give us statements.

Are you sure by the way that your missing points are qualifying fares?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭knockoutned

Yeah, I'm missing a few return transatlantic flights, including one business class as well as a few plus fare European flights.

There is a limited statement available when you look at My Avios Transactions. Here it will list your Avios credits, with each entry including your booking reference.

It seems that Aerlingus want you to manually calculate what tier credits you should be getting and then hope that they will apply them.

I've already uploaded all my missing flights about a month ago. We'll see how long it takes them to apply them to my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Just curious if anyone has seen any older missing EI flights (pre Aerclub v2 upgrade) come through recently , or if anyone has had ANY BA/United etc flights credited at all. I have emailed them again for the umpteenth time to try to get missing United, BA and indeed EI flights added, despite the dreaded missing flights form being completed repeatedly.

Also, just looking again at the daft inequality of the overall reward structure - considering it is meant to be revenue based, it is not rewarding people on that basis in reality. A recent personal DUB/NYC trip yielded me 25 Tier points each way, on a ticket cost of 346 + 107 taxes. Yet if i book a Dub/AMS return Plus fare, costing 143, i get the same 25 tier points. And if i book an Advantage fare for 293, i get 50 tier points each way. That just seems crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

mx5ire wrote: »
    Just curious if anyone has seen any older missing EI flights (pre Aerclub v2 upgrade) come through recently , or if anyone has had ANY BA/United etc flights credited at all. I have emailed them again for the umpteenth time to try to get missing United, BA and indeed EI flights added, despite the dreaded missing flights form being completed repeatedly.

Also, just looking again at the daft inequality of the overall reward structure - considering it is meant to be revenue based, it is not rewarding people on that basis in reality. A recent personal DUB/NYC trip yielded me 25 Tier points each way, on a ticket cost of 346 + 107 taxes. Yet if i book a Dub/AMS return Plus fare, costing 143, i get the same 25 tier points. And if i book an Advantage fare for 293, i get 50 tier points each way. That just seems crazy.

The avois are linked to the revenue, not the tier points I think. In fairness it's v easy to get status compared with other programs, if they do ever join One World I'd expect that the tier points needed to increase

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Casati wrote: »
    In fairness it's v easy to get status compared with other programs

I'd have to agree. my first flights since AerClub launched were in January, and once my tier credits for Fridays flight are added tomorrow, I'll be Platinum.

Only once in 8 years as Gold in Gold Circle did I almost make it to the next tier up from Gold, and here I am getting there after only 6 months of flying activity.

Onwards & Upwards to Concierge.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,536 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'll have status again imminently that my cheaper fare bucket tickets to LGW/MAN never got me before. Actually would have it if flights in the transfer period had all credited...

Still about enough avios to buy a sandwich on BA and most of those are of my credit card!

I've enough Avios for 80 packets of soft apricots on BA

What a time to be alive!!

As expected, last Fridays Tier Credits loaded overnight and I got the email welcoming me to Platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I'm not doing enough EI flights to maintain status so I'm crediting to my BA card instead.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

what is the contact email? i sent two mails to loyalty a few months back but no reply

I added 4 flights to claim back on the form but nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Noxegon wrote: »
    I'm not doing enough EI flights to maintain status so I'm crediting to my BA card instead.

6 Advantage fares in Europe will maintain status in AerClub..whereas depending on what fare class your booking on BA you could need multiples of that.

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    6 Advantage fares in Europe will maintain status in AerClub...

That'll only get you 300 Tier Credits, when 301 are required.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

what is the contact email? i sent two mails to loyalty a few months back but no reply

I added 4 flights to claim back on the form but nothing.

I emailed about 2 years ago, when they were Gold Circle, and told to fax or mail my concerns in.

I have a sneaky suspicion the Aer Club and Customer Engagement side of things are not in house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Guys, I see some posts about transferring the AL avios point to BA, how is this done, (I don't have BA points/membership), and what is the exchange rate - is it just one for one equilvant? thanks

Sure throw in a zero fare and your in.

4 round trips...your hardly have to be a frequent flyer doing this and you will still get status for 24 months.

Thats pretty good and haven't seen any comparable airline ffp programs offering that ease of status earn.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Guys, I see some posts about transferring the AL avios point to BA, how is this done, (I don't have BA points/membership), and what is the exchange rate - is it just one for one equilvant? thanks

https://insideflyer.co.uk/2016/12/how-to-combine-your-avios/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭Noxegon

6 Advantage fares in Europe will maintain status in AerClub..whereas depending on what fare class your booking on BA you could need multiples of that.

I don't have the luxury of booking anything other than the cheapest option -- and as I'm not doing transatlantics AerClub is essentially useless to me. Emirates Gold at the end of my next trip though :)

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Sure throw in a zero fare and your in.

4 round trips...your hardly have to be a frequent flyer doing this and you will still get status for 24 months.

Thats pretty good and haven't seen any comparable airline ffp programs offering that ease of status earn.
    Thats fine if your company allow you to book Advantage fares - i work for corporate America so we have to book on Concur, and it will shout and scream and tell the next 3 levels of management over me if you don't pick the cheapest possible fare. 

So in Europe, that means 7.5 or maybe 15 tier points each way if i am lucky, so that's 21 one way flights to assuming Saver fares, and if its the cheap ones, that's 40+. That's not so easy now.

mx5ire wrote: »
    Thats fine if your company allow you to book Advantage fares - i work for corporate America so we have to book on Concur, and it will shout and scream and tell the next 3 levels of management over me if you don't pick the cheapest possible fare.

I'm in a similarish boat, though thankfully I'm a self booker (though they always tell us to go through our (useless) travel vendor), and would always book myself plus fares (justifying it by the added baggage a plus fare gives you).

My first 3 ex DUB flights this year (while still in Green) were booked (cheekily) Advantage Fare, to get the fast track, as well as maximum tier credits to get me closer to status asap.

another 100 tier credits from 4 flights next week means I'll only need 341 to get Concierge

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭notuslimited

I discovered today that EI are no longer allowing the upgrading of reward bookings using Concierge complimentary upgrades. This is a real shame as I had used this method on a number of occasions, most recently in April, to New York where the flight cost was €237 plus 6000 GC points. In fact the only reason I kept the Concierge level (in the past Elite) was because of this perk. It was a nice treat for my wife and kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

That is unfortunate indeed. Does this also exclude Companion tickets or just points bookings?

Another question, has anyone been able to upgrade a paid for ticket to business class using Avios?

Another question, has anyone been able to upgrade a paid for ticket to business class using Avios?

They told me a few weeks ago on Twitter that this couldn't be done!!

Avios are worthless in most cases (I looked at a few random flights and it worked out more expensive to book it with cash + Avios, as opposed to just cash only)

As I've said many times before, I couldn't care less about Avios (currently have about 20,000), all I want from AerClub is priority check in, fast track security, lounge access & priority boarding (though I usually always travel on a Plus fare which has priority boarding anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I hope someone can help me. I have an aer club account that has just 250points in it. It has a very old email address as the user name (one that I must have used when I orginally joined up to the Aer Lingus clubg years ago).

I can log into that account fine. I can't see a link in the Aer club section on where to spend points (maybe because I don't have enough??), so a quick google gives me this link...
    https://www.aerlingus.ie/aerclub/usi...pending-avios/
    I go to that site and I can see that I am logged in - name at the top etc. I scroll down to where it says 'spend you avois points' and click that. It then takes me to a screen to 'update my details'. I cannot get past this screen. It has my email address (the same one used to log into aer club) in the top box twice - when I retype it once and then enter my phone number it just comes back to that screen and says 'email address must be a maximum of 50 characters' and for the phone number 'please enter a valid number' as it is inserting a comma and/or also putting my phone number on there twice. It is driving my crazy so any help would be brilliant.

Also then, I have 16000 points in my BA avois account. I would just use them there to book the flights (GVA - SNN), but searching on BA brings up nothing for the LHR-SNN leg (I'm guessing because it's a EI flight, even though it is code share). So i'm hoping I can book it all through Aer club. How then do I move my points over? I think I also need to change the email address on the Aerclub account so it is the same as the BA account??

Sorry for all the questions. I hope this makes sense and any help would be great

Advertisement