Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Don't move your points from BA to Aer Lingus.

on Aer Lingus they are worthless. You'll most likely end up spending more cash for a flight, just for the privilege of using your Avios.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I just checked my account and it looks like a lot of my missing flights have been credited. Just need to go back through now and double check. Puts me quite close to Concierge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

on Aer Lingus they are worthless. You'll most likely end up spending more cash for a flight, just for the privilege of using your Avios.

Can someone look up for me and tell me how much a GVA - SNN one way would be in AerClub?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Relax...you can move your Avios back and forth from BA to EI and vice versa as many times as you like

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Relax...you can move your Avios back and forth from BA to EI and vice versa as many times as you like

Yes you can, but it doesn't change the fact they are absolutely worthless on Aer Lingus though does it?

And I an perfectly relaxed, but thanks all the same.

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    I just checked my account and it looks like a lot of my missing flights have been credited. Just need to go back through now and double check. Puts me quite close to Concierge

I too am quite close to Concierge!

We shall join forces, and look down upon the plebs together from an ivory tower.

Cant even log into Avios.com as it keeps asking me to verify my details, which I keep doing, yet it keeps telling me it's invalid!!

F**king joke of a system

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭crisco10

How long does it take for the Silver packs to be sent out? I got notification on 13th June that I was Silver, but how long until I get the card in the post?

Also, do you have to be getting an Aer Lingus flight to use the lounge/fast track?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

crisco10 wrote: »
    Also, do you have to be getting an Aer Lingus flight to use the lounge/fast track?

Yes.

All airlines insist you are flying with them or one of their members to use their perks e.g. If you are flying Lufthansa and are a Senator, you are Star Alliance Gold, and hence would have access to an Air Canada or United lounge.

With EI, you'd need to platinum to use a partner Lounge, which I assume is just BA lounges?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

They told me a few weeks ago on Twitter that this couldn't be done!!

Avios are worthless in most cases (I looked at a few random flights and it worked out more expensive to book it with cash + Avios, as opposed to just cash only)

Was going to transfer a chunk from my BA account - in the hope that I could upgrade a transatlantic flight later in the summer.

Shall continue grinding on BA so.

• Advertisement

Yes you can, but it doesn't change the fact they are absolutely worthless on Aer Lingus though does it?

And I an perfectly relaxed, but thanks all the same.

They hold the exact same intrinsic value

Have a read of this to better inform yourself on how to get value for your Avios

http://www.headforpoints.com/

Was going to transfer a chunk from my BA account - in the hope that I could upgrade a transatlantic flight later in the summer.

Sigh...You can upgrade. I have done it personally myself but you need to call them.

How long does it take for the Silver packs to be sent out? I got notification on 13th June that I was Silver, but how long until I get the card in the post?

2 weeks (I've had 2 Silver cards sent, and they both took 2 weeks)

Yes for the lounge, and most likely yes for Fast Track.

Incidentally, I did ask a rep from AerClub if they would be offering some sort of status match in order to entice previously loyal customer back to the brand. I personally got bored of chasing Aer Lingus as opted to start flying BA instead - 28 flights so far this year.

Still have Prestige status for another 6 months and I could be convinced to switch back given a lot of their issues seem to have finally been ironed out.

Sigh...You can upgrade. I have done it personally myself but you need to call them.

I called them yesterday and spent a good 10 mins pushing the guy.

Just called them again and they are adamant that you cannot upgrade using Avios - I was speaking to an AerClub rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,536 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Except it seems that the bulk of their staff are not aware that you can.

The constant inconsistencies when we're told that something is set in stone are the biggest issue here.

L1011 wrote: »
    Except it seems that the bulk of their staff are not aware that you can.

The constant inconsistencies when we're told that something is set in stone are the biggest issue here.

Exactly,

You can hear any number of versions of how the club is run depending who you speak to, which all points towards a severe lack of leadership of the programme.

Quite embarrassing for them really. God help John Kavanagh if he ever interviews for another job outside Aer Lingus.

"So John, looking through your CV, there appears to be a large gap from about mid 2016 to mid 2017! Can you tell us what you were up to during this period?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

I personally got bored of chasing Aer Lingus as opted to start flying BA instead - 28 flights so far this year.

Still have Prestige status for another 6 months and I could be convinced to switch back given a lot of their issues seem to have finally been ironed out.

Same, still have status with EI but going with LH now because I was sick of having to chase. Only flying economy but ~€15k spend so far this year gone to LH rather than EI, have not had to chase points once.

Flight times for my routes are roughly the same so no impact to me. I don't think I will be switching back, going to burn my BA/EI Avios and just continue with LH going forward; service is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

jive wrote: »
    Same, still have status with EI but going with LH now because I was sick of having to chase. Only flying economy but ~€15k spend so far this year gone to LH rather than EI, have not had to chase points once.

Flight times for my routes are roughly the same so no impact to me. I don't think I will be switching back, going to burn my BA/EI Avios and just continue with LH going forward; service is better.

Senator lounges in FRA & MUC in particular are pleasant spots to relax & something small like the purser onboard coming down for a quick chat & to check if you need anything are a nice nod to the fact that your loyalty has been noted.

Anyways, back in AerClub world.....

• Advertisement

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Senator lounges in FRA & MUC in particular are pleasant spots to relax & something small like the purser onboard coming down for a quick chat & to check if you need anything are a nice nod to the fact that your loyalty has been noted.

Anyways, back in AerClub world.....

OT, but did you ever see that movie Up In the Air? And the bit when George Clooney gets his 10 millionth air mile, something like only the 3rd person to get it, and the captain came down and sat beside him to present him with his new card.

Edit; he was Number 7

Anyone else having issues logging into Aer Lingus?

Suddenly can't log in as of this morning, so I called them and they said a number of 'guests' are having the same issue, and they'll send my details up to IT, which will take about a week!!

Fantastic!!

Anyone else having issues logging into Aer Lingus?

Suddenly can't log in as of this morning, so I called them and they said a number of 'guests' are having the same issue, and they'll send my details up to IT, which will take about a week!!

Fantastic!!

I have this issue intermittently. Likewise, you can't change your password and even if you do, you still can't log in. Took over a week to get right.

ironclaw wrote: »
    I have this issue intermittently. Likewise, you can't change your password and even if you do, you still can't log in. Took over a week to get right.

About 5 minutes after speaking to them, I tried again and I was able to log in with my newly set password!!

Someone in their IT dept. needs shooting!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I've thrown in the towel with Aer Lingus loyalty now long haul. Despite 6 long haul flights this year including 1 business leg, I'm still 100 points short of status. I've started looking at using Ethiopia for LA flights.

The US are pushing other countries to adapt US Preclear in their cities. Once that happens then Aer Lingus will have their work cut out for them maintaining frequent fliers.

faceman wrote: »
    The US are pushing other countries to adapt US Preclear in their cities. Once that happens then Aer Lingus will have their work cut out for them maintaining frequent fliers.

this will surely be the nail in the coffin of Dublin & Aer Lingus positioning itself as the preferred hub & carrier to the states

You can pre-clear in a lot of places around the world actually. I've pre-cleared in Aruba and Toronto for example.

I'd favor pre-clearence, no matter how cheap a flight is. The queues on the other end can be insane at times and with increased restrictions coming soon (Apparently), they will only get worse. I sat in a queue transiting from Mexico to Dublin in Newark, and it took 2.5 hours and vowed never to transit in the US again.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,536 ✭✭✭✭L1011

ironclaw wrote: »
    You can pre-clear in a lot of places around the world actually. I've pre-cleared in Aruba and Toronto for example.

I'd favor pre-clearence, no matter how cheap a flight is. The queues on the other end can be insane at times and with increased restrictions coming soon (Apparently), they will only get worse. I sat in a queue transiting from Mexico to Dublin in Newark, and it took 2.5 hours and vowed never to transit in the US again.

(some) Canada, (some) Caribbean, DUB/SNN and AUH are the entirety - not really "a lot" when there's 0 in South America, Asia, Africa, 1 in the ME and 2 in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

I've thrown in the towel with Aer Lingus loyalty now long haul. Despite 6 long haul flights this year including 1 business leg, I'm still 100 points short of status. I've started looking at using Ethiopia for LA flights.

I said something similar last week - the tier points for the more expensive T/A Low flights are the same as a usually much cheaper Plus fare, and earn half of an Advantage fare- which is still usually much cheaper. So despite spending more money and many more hours on green planes going to the US, you earn less than a cheaper fare to Europe. Another hole in their model. 

Does anyone know how i figure out what category (Saver, Plus, Advantage) a ticket is when not purchased on the EI website ? I have what it says is an E class ticket - but using our corporate Concur system i dont know if its Saver, Plus etc. It says that i have a 20k baggage allowance - does that mean its Plus or Advantage ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Log on to the aer lingus website

If it lets you select a seat for free then its plus or advantage

Try to change the ticket, it will then show what was purchased initially

This is assuming it was a web fare and not a GDS fare which if it is it may be a plus or not

Advertisement