Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Log on to the aer lingus website

If it lets you select a seat for free then its plus or advantage

Try to change the ticket, it will then show what was purchased initially

This is assuming it was a web fare and not a GDS fare which if it is it may be a plus or not
    Thanks - but unfortunately because i dont book on EI website - but through our corporate system Concur, when i try to use Manage My Booking etc, it tells me to get lost and go back to my travel agent. Unfortunately this prevents me doing exactly what you have described.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,536 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The 20KG baggage allowance could even have been bought seperately on a bog standard fare so its not guaranteed to be an indicator.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

mx5ire wrote: »
    Thanks - but unfortunately because i dont book on EI website - but through our corporate system Concur, when i try to use Manage My Booking etc, it tells me to get lost and go back to my travel agent. Unfortunately this prevents me doing exactly what you have described.

Then its a GDS fare

And you are paying too much as the GDS fare is always more than what is on the website for EU flights

Then its a GDS fare

And you are paying too much as the GDS fare is always more than what is on the website for EU flights

Corporate providers prefer the ease of use a single broker, not handling personal expenses claims etc than saving the fare difference. LH now charge a GDS usage fee per fare and I doubt its made many corporate customers use the website!

My corporate system books Web and GDS

GDS always includes a bag on EI, but most people don't need to check }so less the bag fee + the travel agent fees would still be cheaper than GDS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Anyone having problems with Avios points being credited but not their tier credits?
    I don't keep that much of a track of my points etc but did think that my tier credits weren't changing but avios points were. I took a screen shot of my tier credit page a few weeks ago to see was this correct, checked today and my avios points have updated with my recent flights but no change in tier credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Pedro deNada

Flew EI108 from JFK on 4th June, outward journey credited but no tier or avios points still for return leg. It was a 'z' code but still expected the min tier points? There was a bid upgrade with a 'U' classification, but surely points are accruable on the original ticket booking?
    i've e mailed Aerclub and got standard missed flights link and I've uploaded the missing flight 3 times now but no response. Aerclub 'Egar' did not explain the situation, seems arbitrary, random and capricious points allocation? (11 tiers points from Platinium).

Also no lounge access now at Faro or Malaga ('Aerlingus regrets'), meanwhile BA and Iberia sister loyalty card holders get access! This is 2nd class citizens treatment, its either a functioning loyalty card service or its not, not this 'double-bind' psychological abuse 'service'

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

my comment isn't going to help you, but it really does seem EI have created a monster which they can't / won't resource.

http://www.thejournal.ie/stephen-kavanagh-aerclub-2-3470373-Jun2017/

"Kavanagh said the airline’s frequent flyer programme has gone from 70,000 active members under Gold Circle to just over 500,000 under Aerclub."

500k users, most of whom will get a benefit of zero from the scheme, so that means EI have given an expectation to these customers that they can gain something that has encouraged them to go to the effort of registering. That's a lot of data to try manage in a system that probably wasn't designed to handle that volume, I doubt they have staffed the team appropriately either.

It's becoming more and more of a sham. Losing loyal customers, bad PR and creating an expensive inefficient monster that is likely costing a lot more than the old scheme, but they insist on digging their heals in.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Guy ahead of me this morning in the fast track queue got himself, his wife and his 3 teenage kids through fast track on a Platinum card!

So at least thats that sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Any else have an extended delay in moving between tiers? 71 points away from concierge, 4 flights last week each at 25 points only 1 has been added. Normally this journey would be added within a couple of days but nothing at this stage.

Starting to think there’s a link between moving levels.

Was planning on using the upgrades for a TA journey at the end of the month and starting to worry.

Does anyone have the concierge telephone number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭thebiglad

1890 800 256

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Pedro deNada

Re: Joe316;
    yes I'm 11 tier points away from platinum and return flight JFK to Dublin 4th June should have given me 25 tier points at least on return leg which have not been credited. This would have qualified me, also returned from Faro Sunday night 1st July and outward points were allocated within 3/7 travel for both flights but not return leg. The plus points booking on the Faro flight would definitely qualify me.

'something is rotten in the 'state of Denmark',

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Still waiting for 8 internal US flights as well as 4 UK (BA, booked through aerlingus.com) dating back as far as 5months to be added to my avios total but not overly bothered by them in the greater scheme of things.

I am however 22 points short of Platinum and still waiting for 6 European Aer Lingus flights to be added to my account from May-July. Really annoying.

Finally, a question - is there any way of booking the following type trip on the Aer Lingus site?

I'm going to the US with work again in a few weeks. I'm going to city A, via city B (no direct flights to city A). I want to do a layover/short break for a few days on my return trip in city B on the return leg before returning home, but the Aer Lingus site only seems to allow me to connect same day. Does anyone know a way around this?

I'm pretty certain the law in the US prevents them from selling flights that aren't connecting immediately as it could be used as a way to get around their ownership rules. So, say, PHX-BOS-DUB is OK but they can't sell PHX-BOS even if there's a BOS-DUB a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Simple approach is to buy the long hauls on the Aer Lingus site then get yourself a cheap domestic one way with Southwest.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Sometimes the UA codeshare flights have distinct EI flight numbers. Maybe you can ring EI and try purchase legs separately, using the EI flight number?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

Noxegon wrote: »
    Simple approach is to buy the long hauls on the Aer Lingus site then get yourself a cheap domestic one way with Southwest.

I've run into a similar issue where I need to fly to Pittsburgh from Kerry, I can only book Kerry- Dublin to one of the direct served airports. I have to book the U.S domestic separately. This alone has me seeing flying with American mostly out of Ireland where they seem to allow unlimited internal flights all connected to the one ticket (usually via a BA ticket)

Flying on Southwest is fine till they cancel a flight and you miss your connecting EI flight back to Dublin

You need to ask a TA for this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Noxegon wrote: »

Just be warned, domestic air travel in the US is actually quite expensive compared to what we'd pay for a similar length flight here in EU, they haven't quite grasped the concept of low cost flights there yet....

Simplest really

Domestic US flight
    Then a multi city booking which the Aer Lingus website will do without fuss, whatever you do ensure a return ticket is purchased to ensure the discounted fares are offered

A good TA might be able to issue the whole lot together depending on the ticket rules this might be cheaper

• Advertisement

Any of you on the BHX-DUB yesterday afternoon?

Seems like there are a lot more priority boarders for every flight lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Any of you on the BHX-DUB yesterday afternoon?

Seems like there are a lot more priority boarders for every flight lately!

I was thinking about this over the past while, Aer Club has to implode at some stage. They are giving far too much for far too little. A few trips across the Atlantic, then a golf trip or two to Spain or Portugal, would qualify someone for the lowest tier which gives you a rake of benefits usually reserved for road warriors e.g. Star Alliance Silver is actually pretty tricky to get, Gold is really meaningful of something.

So Aer Lingus will eventually tick off the real travellers when the lounge is full and the priority queue is longer because once you hit Silver, there really isn't all that much point in going further unless you have to fly with them. United Clubs already suffer from this problem when you have every Tim, Dick and Harry with
    a credit card piling in on their annual holiday.

You'd be better off banking Silver with Aer Lingus and spending the real time working with a larger program e.g. OneWorld / Star Alliance.

Has to change on re-entering OW or else it'll become abused by people who'll never actually touch EI's network - Aegaen used to be stupidly easy to get *A status on and I know a few people who've never been near Greece who did.

ironclaw wrote: »
    I was thinking about this over the past while, Aer Club has to implode at some stage. They are giving far too much for far too little.

Very true, it only took me 3.5 return trips to make Silver this year from Green (with my 60 token Tier Credits)

In 8 years with Gold Circle, I never made it above the Gold Tier, yet since my first flights (in January) since Aer Club launched, I'm currently Platinum, and only about 6 return trips away from Conceirge ( 2 of which will be next week). So it's definitely easier to make status and climb through the tiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Wow how the narrative has changed on here! Aer Club is now too generous to obtain tier status...

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Wow how the narrative has changed on here! Aer Club is now too generous to obtain tier status...

Calm down Mayo, the whole thing is still a clusterf**k of epic proportions. I know it, you know it, even Aer Lingus know it.

I still am p1ssed off at the fact that after 8 years of Gold I transferred to Green, despite being told not to worry and that I'd be looked after in 'phase 2'
    I'm p1ssed off at the fact that Avios are about as useful as a chocolate kettle, and I should have cashed in my GC points for vouchers while they still held any value.

It's also very annoying that there has been absolute radio silence from AL on how much of a disaster the launch has been (they delayed it for months and still f**ked it up).

Just because they've made it easier to climb the status ladder takes absolutely nothing away from the sham AerClub has been from the beginning.

Oh and they still haven't fixed the app,

"Already have an AerClub Account? Join here"

Why hasn't anyone changed this to "login here"

Why? Because nobody in AL gives a sh1te about Aer Club. I bet if Uncle Willie could of, he'd have completely shut it down altogether (which I bet is ultimately the long term goal).

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RMDrive

The TATL priority queues are getting longer as AL have turned it into a queue for everyone who has purchased a seat at the front. So on a TATL, priority boarding is for Bus Class, those in rows 8-14 (I think it's 14), those at exit rows as well as AC members.

Last weeks flight from BHX to DUB, we were bussed to the plane, so priority boarders had the pleasure of being first onto the sweltering bus (I measured 29 degrees driving to the airport), and then when it actually came time to board the aircraft, we were mostly the last ones off the bus!

(I was trying to figure out what side of the bus the plane would be on so I could stay by a door on that side, but gambled wrong!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

faceman wrote: »
    I have without an issue.

The real issue is trying to change your email address. Try it...

They did it for me but I had to contact them. They initially signed me up with the wrong address.
    It really bugs me that even though I put in my Aerclub number every time, a lot of my tickets are booked for me under a different email address and it never picks up my Aerclub number automatically.

Advertisement