Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Any of you on the BHX-DUB yesterday afternoon?

Seems like there are a lot more priority boarders for every flight lately!
    Yes, was in Amsterdam last w/e, thought the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Was in the Business Class queue this morning, stood there for the bones of 25 mins. Area was filthy, covered in bottles and wrappers. Everyone ahead of me was not travelling business. Literally anyone with any card can use that queue. The holy trinity for me on business are: Short check in queue, Fast track security and Lounge access.

What the hell is the point in paying for a ticket if those three are given to Joe Soap and his 3 kids flying to Malaga? If you want an Aer Club queue, at least make it separate to those paying potentially multiples of thousands for a ticket so I don't feel completely shafted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

ironclaw wrote: »
    Was in the Business Class queue this morning, stood there for the bones of 25 mins. Area was filthy, covered in bottles and wrappers. Everyone ahead of me was not travelling business. Literally anyone with any card can use that queue. The holy trinity for me on business are: Short check in queue, Fast track security and Lounge access.

What the hell is the point in paying for a ticket if those three are given to Joe Soap and his 3 kids flying to Malaga? If you want an Aer Club queue, at least make it separate to those paying potentially multiples of thousands for a ticket so I don't feel completely shafted.

Whats frustrating is most times (I'm there) theres only 1 check in agent working the AerClub/Business check in desks.

I got stuck behind a family on Tuesday, husband, wife, mother, father & 3 kids, travelling on separate bookings yet wanted to pool their baggage all together or something!

Took 15 minutes for them to finally get their boarding cards and f**k off.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,535 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Any cost focused airline will sell access to the premium facilities for an amount above the value they put on each use by a high ranking FF. Never going to undo that change really, so wealthier families paying for fast track and lounge will continue

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

After waiting four weeks for the flight that tipped my over into silver to be added, I'll probably waiting another four for my card.

They say you need a physical card to get the benefits but has anyone talked their way in?

And if the folks giving out about how easy it is to get are worried, I've not done transatlantic and have over 20 legs this year. (not to mention over 40 last year that I get **** all for as I only started flying for work late 2015 when Gold Circle was gone)

• Advertisement

After waiting four weeks for the flight that tipped my over into silver to be added, I'll probably waiting another four for my card.

They say you need a physical card to get the benefits but has anyone talked their way in?

And if the folks giving out about how easy it is to get are worried, I've not done transatlantic and have over 20 legs this year. (not to mention over 40 last year that I get **** all for as I only started flying for work late 2015 when Gold Circle was gone)

Log out and back in to the app and it will show you as Silver, this willl get you into the lounge, and you might blag through security with it (lounge staff told me to try this before my card arrived).

I've received 2 silver cards and both of them took exactly 2 weeks to arrive, however I'm now almost 3 weeks waiting for my Platinum card.

(All my trips this year have been to/from U.K. and I'm on the verge of Concierge)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Log out and back in to the app and it will show you as Silver, this willl get you into the lounge, and you might blag through security with it (lounge staff told me to try this before my card arrived).

I've received 2 silver cards and both of them took exactly 2 weeks to arrive, however I'm now almost 3 weeks waiting for my Platinum card.

(All my trips this year have been to/from U.K. and I'm on the verge of Concierge)

I'm showing as silver on the app. Is this accepted at fast track, lounge etc?

It will get you into the lounge.

It may or may not get you through fast track, it all depends on the agent you come across at the time, and your skills at the blag. (They usually insist on seeing the card)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Considering the "Smart Flies......" slogan and the well accepted use of mobile boarding cards you would think so.........

L1011 wrote: »
    Any cost focused airline will sell access to the premium facilities for an amount above the value they put on each use by a high ranking FF. Never going to undo that change really, so wealthier families paying for fast track and lounge will continue

See, thats more of the problem as I asked the agent what card or status could use the Business queue and was told 'Any' So literally, you have people paying 6kEUR for a Flex SFO ticket, some guy who happens to have a Bank of Ireland or similar card, and someone who forked out a few euro for fast track all in the same queue.

Thats wrong on so many customer service levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

ironclaw wrote: »
    See, thats more of the problem as I asked the agent what card or status could use the Business queue and was told 'Any' So literally, you have people paying 6kEUR for a Flex SFO ticket, some guy who happens to have a Bank of Ireland or similar card, and someone who forked out a few euro for fast track all in the same queue.

Thats wrong on so many customer service levels.

There needs to be a middle ground between this and BA’s system which I think at this stage is five or six boarding calls. I certainly think those who pay for priority boarding shouldn’t be boarding with Business and AerClub. Directly after, sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

There needs to be a middle ground between this and BA’s system which I think at this stage is five or six boarding calls. I certainly think those who pay for priority boarding shouldn’t be boarding with Business and AerClub. Directly after, sure.

Well the Brits are obsessed with a class system.

Does aer club still get you fast track security at Heathrow ?

Cloudio9 wrote: »

I'd hope so, it gets fast track at BHX & BRS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

At LHR yes, but you need to go through the staffed booth

At LGW and SFO, you get the sticker/stamp on the boarding card at check in desk

At LHR yes, but you need to go through the staffed booth

At LGW and SFO, you get the sticker/stamp on the boarding card at check in desk

I stopped getting the Premium Gatwick sticker about 2 years ago! Since then I've just scanned my boarding pass and the gate opened for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Yes, took advantage of it on Thurs (Platinum member).

Didn't know that EI had fast track at BHX - I've paid for fast track at BHX in the past.

dudara wrote: »
    Yes, took advantage of it on Thurs (Platinum member).

Didn't know that EI had fast track at BHX - I've paid for fast track at BHX in the past.

You just need to ask the agent at check in/bag drop to print you a fast track ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

A few posters have mentioned emailing AerClub could you please share the email address?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

Are people still having trouble with getting their points added? I had a flexi ticket last week so should get 50 points each way, I got 50 but I presume I have not got the return the points yet. There seems to be no record of which flights gave you which points so it's difficult to know what points I should have. The old system used to give a monthly statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

Last weeks flight from BHX to DUB, we were bussed to the plane, so priority boarders had the pleasure of being first onto the sweltering bus (I measured 29 degrees driving to the airport), and then when it actually came time to board the aircraft, we were mostly the last ones off the bus!

(I was trying to figure out what side of the bus the plane would be on so I could stay by a door on that side, but gambled wrong!)
    haha I've been done like this before and then when you're hoping to make it through security fast when you land is blown by having to be stuck in a bus. Do aer lingus pay less when they decide to park out in the sticks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,367 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Are people still having trouble with getting their points added? I had a flexi ticket last week so should get 50 points each way, I got 50 but I presume I have not got the return the points yet. There seems to be no record of which flights gave you which points so it's difficult to know what points I should have. The old system used to give a monthly statement.

Yep, I've one from 5 or 6 weeks ago which hasn't appeared...the outbound leg of a return journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shivpepper

The Avios situation is totally ridiculous. The website wouldn't allow me to sign up (an error message kept appearing) so I messaged Aer Lingus on Facebook (could find no other Avios contact) requesting help on the 30th June. Aer Lingus Facebook replied telling me that they sent it to the Aerclub team and that they would be in touch asap.
    I messaged again on the 5th of July looking for an update. Aer Lingus Facebook told me that they'd be in touch.
    On the 15th of July I messaged the Facebook page again, requesting an update as I still had heard nothing. This was ignored.
    I messaged again yesterday enquiring when they would be in contact- also ignored. Ridiculously incompetent.

shivpepper wrote: »
    The Avios situation is totally ridiculous. The website wouldn't allow me to sign up (an error message kept appearing) so I messaged Aer Lingus on Facebook (could find no other Avios contact) requesting help on the 30th June. Aer Lingus Facebook replied telling me that they sent it to the Aerclub team and that they would be in touch asap.
    I messaged again on the 5th of July looking for an update. Aer Lingus Facebook told me that they'd be in touch.
    On the 15th of July I messaged the Facebook page again, requesting an update as I still had heard nothing. This was ignored.
    I messaged again yesterday enquiring when they would be in contact- also ignored. Ridiculously incompetent.

Social media team is completely outsourced, they can only assist with the most basic of queries and its hit and miss to say the least. They'll always refer you to someone else at the earliest possibility, so I honestly wouldn't bother any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Pedro deNada

Still waiting for return leg of JFK to Dublin 4th June, filled out missing flights form x 4 and sent e mails (got one reply said would be added but no follow through).

In meantime qualified for platinum and they sent me someone else's card and luggage tags!!!! Total joke, they sent me a feedback survey on Faro flight and asked whether used the lounge and what satisfaction level with the lounge when they've stopped Aer Club access to the lounges in Faro!!!! WFT, taking the p*s* or what.

They've stopped cleaning the planes also, so you get on a filthy plane, the CEO is a wally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Used Iberia for a DUB-MAD-OPO flight on Thurs last, with 3.5k Avios & 250 tier points hitting my IB Plus account by the next day.

Returned on EI595, which was in grubby condition & will possibly be credited for same some time in the spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Triple points on conversion until 31/08/17.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭decko11

I am mad with  Aer Club / EI

my Silver Aer CLub expires  end June 18
    in my first 6 months I came to 565 tier credits - to end June - I had lots of trvel booked July - but they reset me to zero
    I never asked to be extended by 6 months and now I suffer - had they not done this I would be platinum by now

any way around this ?

In meantime qualified for platinum and they sent me someone else's card and luggage tags!!!!

They weren't mine by any chance?

I qualified for Platinum on June 24th, (got the welcome email on June 27th saying card/tags were on the way etc..)

I emailed them on July 19th asking where the card/tags were and they responded on July 24th saying they were sent on July 17th and to allow 2 weeks for them to arrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RMDrive

thebiglad wrote: »
    Triple points on conversion until 31/08/17.

Don't understand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Have to agree with the comments about the cleanliness of the planes. I've noticed a significant deterioration in the last 12 months. There's a grubby, worn feel to most AL planes now that wasn't there before.

Advertisement