Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

RMDrive wrote: »
    Don't understand?

Convert your [SuperValu] Money Back vouchers and Real Rewards points between 31 July 2017 and 31 Augst 2017 to get Triple Avios points!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Pedro deNada

Re AndyBoBandy;

Don't think so, unless you're 'Mr Croft'?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,535 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Convert your [SuperValu] Money Back vouchers and Real Rewards points between 31 July 2017 and 31 Augst 2017 to get Triple Avios points!

that'd be nice, if SV sent me the right vouchers.

>1200 points showing online. 2.50 voucher in the post (which hasn't gone off the points total either actually).

I run well over 100 points a month off my credit card alone, 30-40 off Electric Ireland and have used the eshops a few times so I know the online version is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Out of about 15 flights I have only received credit for one. Who is best to hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Out of about 15 flights I have only received credit for one. Who is best to hassle.

Have you filled in the missing flight form yet?

• Advertisement

Have you filled in the missing flight form yet?

Yeah, when they launched it originally. Has it changed?

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Yeah, when they launched it originally. Has it changed?

Nope, but it has been working reliably for most people, with flights showing up within a couple of days. Might be worth trying again? Make sure you get the confirmation message at the end as it’s tricked a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,535 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Oh that's a badly designed form. "Airline Number" preset to EI, so you need to put the number bit of the flight number only; ticket stock code put seperate to the ticket number so you can't cut and paste from the confirmation email; date needs to be entered with the three letter text for the month and has no spinners.

L1011 wrote: »
    Oh that's a badly designed form. "Airline Number" preset to EI, so you need to put the number bit of the flight number only; ticket stock code put seperate to the ticket number so you can't cut and paste from the confirmation email; date needs to be entered with the three letter text for the month and has no spinners.

Oh it’s abysmal, but the three times I’ve done it it’s worked within a day or two(granted I shouldn’t have had to fill it out in the first place).

Sure I'll give it a go again and report back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Question for All: 

I am getting forced by the avios.com site to change my password - which is currently the same password as my AerLingus.com password. I havent really had any password issues to date but  i know lots of other have. 

So: Do the EI and Avios websites have to have the same password, or do they actually operate independently ? Or do they have to be the same to ensure that the whole link mechanism between the accounts works ? I dont want to change my EI one if i dont need to - that seems to be where most of the issues have occurred.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

mx5ire wrote: »
    Question for All: 

I am getting forced by the avios.com site to change my password - which is currently the same password as my AerLingus.com password. I havent really had any password issues to date but  i know lots of other have. 

I have that same issue,

I didn't log into Avios for months, and when I did try to about 2 weeks ago, I got this pop up request for more details that I couldn't get rid of (despite repeatedly putting in the correct details). I got them to sort it out via twitter, but then it fecked up my log in details for Aer Lingus, so I went through the AL password reset gig, and got access back again (I needed to book a flight, and by jesus I wanted to be logged into my account when booking it). But then it fecked up my log in to Avios again!! so I'm back to square 1 again!!

The whole IT setup surrounding AerClub is a bloody disaster!!

They claimed that it was because they went from 70,000 to 500,000 active users? b0ll0x!!
    They might mean 70,000 active gold circle (Gold, Elite & Prestige) members, but I'd say they still had a bloody huge amount of applicants on their system (all of which were transferred over to AerClub as a 'member' (but really still just an applicant with the price of a packet of dried apricots thrown in)).

So to come out and say the IT issues are because they went from 70k up to 500k users is nonsense. (they'll have always had roughly the same amount of numbers in their system, with perhaps a spike when AerClub launched)
    You're telling me 430,000 people all decided to get smart and join the all new shiny Aer Lingus club on launch date? Maybe a couple of thousand, maybe even 50k, but nowhere near 430,000

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

@AndyBoBandy, you are right in what you are saying regarding the ramp up / join up number, but even having 430,000 dormant users on a system designed for 70 to 100k is a lot and can cause significant performance issues in back ends. From my outside analysis, there are serious gaps and holes, and frankly I think they are making it up as the go along. Its certainly not a polished IT team and I've actually sent them a few emails and pointers regarding various bits of the site, to no reply or thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Had that avios password problem too. Was a right mess.

Question for people.

I travel a lot for work (roughly 100,000km a year) but due to pricing and routing I rarely get to fly Aer Lingus, but I'm currently silver in BA. I have a personal trip with Aer Lingus in March and I'd like to give the partner a taste of fast pass/lounges/priority etc. What's the best way to get into 51st and green without having a business class ticket? Can my BA card get me in or if not could I start using my AerClub account for my BA/Iberia flights and build up my AerClub tier credits? I know I can buy relevant passes on Dublin Airport's website but if I can get them for free all the better right?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I just logged in and all my Tier Credits are gone. It now says I need to earn 1051 by 31/07/18. I assume it's because it's now 01/08 and something reset. Has this happened to anyone else. I was literally 100 tier credits away, which I would have gotten once my pending missed flights claims went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

dudara wrote: »
    I just logged in and all my Tier Credits are gone. It now says I need to earn 1051 by 31/07/18. I assume it's because it's now 01/08 and something reset. Has this happened to anyone else. I was literally 100 tier credits away, which I would have gotten once my pending missed flights claims went through.

This is expected, as your years end is July, so your card should read July 2018 (so you got more than 1.5 years), however if you have enough tier points which are missing they should sort it out and upgrade your status.

I added a missing flight yesterday morning, the tier credit was there when I checked at midnight, impressive.

dudara wrote: »
    Lots of us in this position - major bone of contention. The 31/7 must be your so called anniversary date. Its more frustrating that you havent had a full year to get Tier points to maintain status - mine expired on 01 May. I got 6 months in Gold Circle, then 6 months in Aerclub. That isnt time in either programme to maintain status.

I added a missing flight yesterday morning, the tier credit was there when I checked at midnight, impressive.
    I added a missing EI TA flight from last November for the 4000'th time last night - no sign of it. I also emailed them 2 weeks ago and they told me it would be added in 10 days. Still waiting. I then added an EI flight from mid July, i got the outbound ok, but no sign of it added either. 

Is there some magic on that damn form - i fill it in as "Aer Lingus with ticket number", fill in the fields and it just never works. And yes i do get the confirmation message.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Downsey77

I added a missing EI TA flight from last November for the 4000'th time last night - no sign of it. I also emailed them 2 weeks ago and they told me it would be added in 10 days. Still waiting. I then added an EI flight from mid July, i got the outbound ok, but no sign of it added either. 

Is there some magic on that damn form - i fill it in as "Aer Lingus with ticket number", fill in the fields and it just never works. And yes i do get the confirmation message.

November 2016 seems to be a black hole, I don't think anyone on here or flyertalk has managed to get any tier points for flights in that month, even though they have stated repeatedly that you can claim back to 1st Nov.

I'm owed 75 from Nov alone, luckily it turns out I won't need them as I'll hit concierge next week anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Tried to do the missing flight claim but the ticket number is one digit too long. Has anyone come across this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Lots of us in this position - major bone of contention. The 31/7 must be your so called anniversary date. Its more frustrating that you havent had a full year to get Tier points to maintain status - mine expired on 01 May. I got 6 months in Gold Circle, then 6 months in Aerclub. That isnt time in either programme to maintain status.

You didn't need to maintain status as you were not going to get demoted to the tier below back in May...look at your Tier Expiry on you Card!!!

So my Avios confusion goes on. Can anyone confirm how many Avios i should receive for a fare that costs Eur 158.59 - plus 75 taxes. So a total of 234.58. I have received 356 and 432 avios for each leg - outbound and inbound. 

I though that you received 3 times the fare less taxes - so 158.59 X 3 = 475.77 - or rounded up to 476 avios.

The only time that i can get roughly the right amount of avios for the far paid is for US Business flights - everything else are some random figures that never equal up to the 3 x fare equation.

MayoSalmon wrote: »

You didn't need to maintain status as you were not going to get demoted to the tier below back in May...look at your Tier Expiry on you Card!!!
    You miss my point. I got demoted from Elite to Platinum because i only had 6 months in GC to get back to Elite before AerClub started. And then in AerClub i only had 6 months of tier points earning time (Nov 21 to End April 17) to collect Tier Points. they were then wiped to 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭thebiglad

acer911 wrote: »
    Tried to do the missing flight claim but the ticket number is one digit too long. Has anyone come across this?

Drop the last digit

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

when missing points for one leg of a return trip is there anyway of knowing which leg they have not given me the points for? i presume i'm missing the return leg(back to ireland) as that was always a problem in the Gold Circle days.

when missing points for one leg of a return trip is there anyway of knowing which leg they have not given me the points for? i presume i'm missing the return leg(back to ireland) as that was always a problem in the Gold Circle days.
    When logged into EI site, clicking on the "My Aerclub" link (beside "My Overview", "My Trips" etc) and it will list the flights that you have been given Avios for. I must make an assumption that the Tier points that you earn are associated directly with the flight legs that appear here, but given that you cannot see what you earned as Tier Points, that is an assumption. 
    Looking at this will tell you which you are missing, though it seems to be an squal opportunities mess. I have missed both outbound and inbound flights. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to them, but maybe missed more inbound (back to Ireland) legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

thebiglad wrote: »
    Drop the last digit

Is this the case with all ticket numbers?

acer911 wrote: »
    Is this the case with all ticket numbers?

Always works for me - if it is the number on the EI ticket then yes.

Check your Avios statement - if you have Avios points (they will quote the booking reference and destination etc) then the Tier Points would have been allocated - if you have less (or no) Tier Points then check your ticket class to ensure they were due and then start the contact with Aer Lingus.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

6 weeks ago tomorrow since I qualified for Platinum, and still no card!!

They told me it was posted on July 17th!! (perhaps posted from the Solomon Islands?!)

Advertisement