Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Has anyone actually corresponded to someone in AerClub? And if so how do you do it?

I have tried emailing and calling them but have got no response to email and have never been able to get through on the phone number on the website.

I have 8 flights coming up in the 6 weeks with them and 14 between now and Christmas and I am waiting on one flight to push me over into silver that i took over 8 weeks ago. I have completed numerous missing flight requests for this flight to no avail.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

acer911 wrote: »
    Has anyone actually corresponded to someone in AerClub? And if so how do you do it?

I have tried emailing and calling them but have got no response to email and have never been able to get through on the phone number on the website.

I have 8 flights coming up in the 6 weeks with them and 14 between now and Christmas and I am waiting on one flight to push me over into silver that i took over 8 weeks ago. I have completed numerous missing flight requests for this flight to no avail.

I was in the same boat, was waiting for 1 of any 3 flights to register to get me into Silver, so emailed aerclubmigration@aerlingus.com and explained my situation to them, and also attached pictures of the 3 boarding cards that the flights had yet to be credited for (this was my tip for Gold Circle & AerClub, keep the boarding card until the flight registered as the boarding card contains the 053 ticket number).

They replied back a few days later informing me I had qualified for Silver.
    Upon logging in, it said I was silver, yet I still didn't have the 301 tier credits required, so there weee able to upgrade me on the basis of the pending flights I had.

Seems a long time ago now as I'm currently on 820 credits, waiting for my next batch of flights to get me over the concierge line!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

6 weeks ago tomorrow since I qualified for Platinum, and still no card!!

They told me it was posted on July 17th!! (perhaps posted from the Solomon Islands?!)

Did your card arrive in the end Andy?

Did your card arrive in the end Andy?

I got back in touch with them and they've sent a new card, but said it could take up to 21 days to arrive!

I'm not overly arsed as I have a silver card so I have the benefits, which is all I want/need

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

I got back in touch with them and they've sent a new card, but said it could take up to 21 days to arrive!

I'm not overly arsed as I have a silver card so I have the benefits, which is all I want/need

I'll be hitting it in two weeks so hopefully I'll see it this side of Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Returning to a question I asked before, can anyone confirm whether you can avail of a Business Class upgrade using Avios?

It has been suggested before that you can but I have had no luck with Aer Lingus - told by call centre staff that you cannot.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Returning to a question I asked before, can anyone confirm whether you can avail of a Business Class upgrade using Avios?

It has been suggested before that you can but I have had no luck with Aer Lingus - told by call centre staff that you cannot.
    So this isnt exactly the same thing that you asked, and might be no help,  but i have recently tried to use my 1 free upgrade (Platinum) to upgrade a single leg to the US in Sept. So the AerClub chap on the phone huffed and puffed a bit, and didnt really know the process, and eventually told me that they could do it but that it wouldn't be confirmed until 24 hours before the flight, and that it might not happen. At that point the flight was 6 weeks away, which seems ridiculous. Any previous Gold Circle upgrades that i used were usually confirmed within 24-48 hours (at most) of making the request. 

Nowhere on the website does it say that you can use Avios to upgrade, but some on here have said call them and ask. But if my experience is anything to go by, i suspect that it may be down to who you get on the phone, i.e. their level of knowledge of the obviously unclear processes. You could always try ringing repeatedly until you get a Yes !

acer911 wrote: »

I was in the same boat, was waiting for 1 of any 3 flights to register to get me into Silver, so emailed aerclubmigration@aerlingus.com and explained my situation to them, and also attached pictures of the 3 boarding cards that the flights had yet to be credited for (this was my tip for Gold Circle & AerClub, keep the boarding card until the flight registered as the boarding card contains the 053 ticket number).

They replied back a few days later informing me I had qualified for Silver.
    Upon logging in, it said I was silver, yet I still didn't have the 301 tier credits required, so there weee able to upgrade me on the basis of the pending flights I had.

Seems a long time ago now as I'm currently on 820 credits, waiting for my next batch of flights to get me over the concierge line!
    I have used the Aerclubmigration email address for correspondence, but i find replies can be very very slow to come. And not always accurate. Should have your United points soon etc, still waiting since January. BA flight point additiona just a bit delayed, soon etc.

I have also called them, but thats a call centre and i dont believe that any actual AerClub Admin staff work there, its just a front office screening calls. Anything difficult (like an upgrade as i just posted a few mins ago) has to go upstairs. I dont know if the aerclubmigration email address is any different. 

Either way - i was promised 2 weeks ago that missing EI flights from last Nov and Dec would be added within 10 working days, but frankly its 9 days now and i doubt they will be there tomorrow. Its been said that Nov 16 is a black hole for getting points added, but i do have 1 leg added, from Bos - Dub, its the Dub-Bos leg that is missing and despite, mails, missing flight forms and witchdoctors they dont seem to want to appear.

Call them on the number on the Contact AerClub section - do it in the morning and you normally get through without a long wait. Talking to someone isn't the issue - its getting your issue resolved that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

mx5ire wrote: »
    I have used the Aerclubmigration email address for correspondence, but i find replies can be very very slow to come. And not always accurate. Should have your United points soon etc, still waiting since January. BA flight point additiona just a bit delayed, soon etc.

I have also called them, but thats a call centre and i dont believe that any actual AerClub Admin staff work there, its just a front office screening calls. Anything difficult (like an upgrade as i just posted a few mins ago) has to go upstairs. I dont know if the aerclubmigration email address is any different. 

Either way - i was promised 2 weeks ago that missing EI flights from last Nov and Dec would be added within 10 working days, but frankly its 9 days now and i doubt they will be there tomorrow. Its been said that Nov 16 is a black hole for getting points added, but i do have 1 leg added, from Bos - Dub, its the Dub-Bos leg that is missing and despite, mails, missing flight forms and witchdoctors they dont seem to want to appear.

Call them on the number on the Contact AerClub section - do it in the morning and you normally get through without a long wait. Talking to someone isn't the issue - its getting your issue resolved that is.

I was promised my missing flights etc. would be added within 10 days....on June 10th. I'm sure you'll all be shocked to hear they haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

6 weeks ago tomorrow since I qualified for Platinum, and still no card!!

They told me it was posted on July 17th!! (perhaps posted from the Solomon Islands?!)

Early June for me (see above)....and still nothing. Ridonkulous.

• Advertisement

So as i chase a missing TA leg from last Nov, that should be 50 points for Tiers points etc, i see this morning a mysterious 15 Tier points added and no Avios points added. 

I have just completed a business TA flight with them but they are not added yet, Tiers or Avios points, but that can take a few days, so that just confuses the mysterious 15 points that appeared today.

The lack of clarity on what you actually get Tier Points for, i.e. a statement, is maddening.

I always find the Tier Credits get added about 24 hours before the Avios show up (which you can see which flight they were added for on your account)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,367 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Is there a way on the app to see tier credits earned for individual flights, rather than how many you need to get to the next tier?

fullstop wrote: »
    Is there a way on the app to see tier credits earned for individual flights, rather than how many you need to get to the next tier?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

So, flying to the US on Wednesday and would love to use some of my 100k plus Avios points to upgrade...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

fullstop wrote: »

No
    Such a shockingly basic lack of functionality.  What a substandard programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Faiche Ro

Flying with United tonnew York next week. Can I use the aerlingus lounge, fast track etc.? (I'm a silver member)
    I know they have some sort of partnership but not sure about what I can use.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Nope

Have to be flying on a plane with a Shamrock on the tail, who sold the ticket isn't a problem, it must be an Aer Lingus operated flight

Faiche Ro wrote: »
    Flying with United tonnew York next week. Can I use the aerlingus lounge, fast track etc.? (I'm a silver member)
    I know they have some sort of partnership but not sure about what I can use.

Thanks
    This one is very confusing, and probably inconsistent. I tried to use EI Lounge back in Jan this year on a United Business ticket to EWR. They wouldnt let me in, they said that they dont have that "arrangement with United" now. I pointed out that i was a Platinum member, but it may as well have been a Ben Dunne gym membership. It absolutely worked in gold circle days. So i simply went down to the Lounge past US Preclearance as i had a business ticket.

So worth while trying it - but i suspect that you will not get in. 

Oh and dont expect to get the Avios anytime soon - i still dont have mine from January - despite numerous mails, missing flight forms, calls etc etc. Would be really curious to see if you get points from a more recent flight than mine. Though my wifes BA flights in May still havent come through either.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Faiche Ro

Ok thanks for the replies.

One further question...travelling aerlingus also in the near future..are they still not allowing a guest through fast track security with you?

• Advertisement

Faiche Ro wrote: »
    Ok thanks for the replies.

One further question...travelling aerlingus also in the near future..are they still not allowing a guest through fast track security with you?
    Havent tried with the family the last few times - simply dont want the "Only the cardholder" crap and have to change queues. 

However their process is also nuts - Went through last week on and Aer Lingus business ticket to New York, and still had to show my Aerclub card. I pointed out to the girl that it was a business class ticket etc, but no - i had to go into my bag for an AerClub card. 

Now if i was flying business on United or Delta, i wouldnt necessarily have my AerClub card with me, so what happens then ? They are all valid for Fast track  - it is not airline frequent flyer dependant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

If the boarding card says business thats all that is needed for fast track, any hassle ask for a supervisor and even then the staff should know that the boarding cards are endorsed with the status level anyway for non business.

Guest if Aer Club platinum or above for Fast track, never had a problem

For all TATL flights you are directed to the 51st state lounge (unless you are Aer Club silver), so you shouldn't be in the Aer Lingus lounge, business class on UA and AA did have access but this is probably now ended with the 51st state opening

Just curious - has anyone received any Avios at all from non EI flights, i.e. BA, United etc etc.

Also - how long on average are your EI flights taking to appear ? I gave up on a European one and did the missing flights thing, and it appeared after a day, Tier Point first, Avios a day later. Same with a TA flight, neither leg appeared after 10 days so missing flights form again, but one leg appeared along with the European one above, the other 3 days later.

For me the the tier credits show up about 4/5 days after the flight, and the Avios show up the following day (though these have all been U.K. flights)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Just curious - has anyone received any Avios at all from non EI flights, i.e. BA, United etc etc.

Also - how long on average are your EI flights taking to appear ? I gave up on a European one and did the missing flights thing, and it appeared after a day, Tier Point first, Avios a day later. Same with a TA flight, neither leg appeared after 10 days so missing flights form again, but one leg appeared along with the European one above, the other 3 days later.

European flights with EI are showing up for me straight away. 2 business flights with BA to South America from February and April not showing but 1 economy with BA to Middle East is from January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

If the boarding card says business thats all that is needed for fast track, any hassle ask for a supervisor and even then the staff should know that the boarding cards are endorsed with the status level anyway for non business.

Guest if Aer Club platinum or above for Fast track, never had a problem

For all TATL flights you are directed to the 51st state lounge (unless you are Aer Club silver), so you shouldn't be in the Aer Lingus lounge, business class on UA and AA did have access but this is probably now ended with the 51st state opening
    There's a security officer at SNN who seems to get particular delight in makeing passengers with priority boarding wait if there is someone else to be let through, has done it to my wife several times even though she is travelling business. She of course won't complain(:mad:).

AGC wrote: »

European flights with EI are showing up for me straight away. 2 business flights with BA to South America from February and April not showing but 1 economy with BA to Middle East is from January.
    Hmm - thats interesting. You have actually gotten Avios from a BA flight. You are the first person that i have heard that has actually received them. Did you do the missing flights thing or did they just appear ? I have United business to US from Jan that has not appeared at all, and my wife has BA from May - no sign either. Missing flights, mails etc , no progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Hmm - thats interesting. You have actually gotten Avios from a BA flight. You are the first person that i have heard that has actually received them. Did you do the missing flights thing or did they just appear ? I have United business to US from Jan that has not appeared at all, and my wife has BA from May - no sign either. Missing flights, mails etc , no progress.

The European flights are all with EI and I have had no issue claiming. The BA ones I have received was by claiming missing miles. (Booked through work so always claim after) The connections were EI through Heathrow but the connections on the long haul were all BA but shouldn't make any difference.

I moved across all avios from the BA executive club to AerClub at the start and it was a mistake, basically started out from scratch and won't see any benefit from AerClub at all. Long haul travel comes in fits and starts for me but I would be tempted to just go back to BA where at least I saw some benefit in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Is Platinum upgrade automatic, or do you have to ask for it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭thebiglad

banchang wrote: »
    Is Platinum upgrade automatic, or do you have to ask for it ?

Its automatic once you clear the required Tier Points.

Card apparently 2 weeks to arrive

Advertisement