Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Meanwhile I just disembarked from an EK flight from DXB-NRT that pushed me over the threshold for an upgrade in status. Within ninety minutes of landing I had an email welcoming me to the new tier and listing off the benefits I'm now eligible for. It is so nice to be part of a scheme that works properly.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Noxegon wrote: »
    Meanwhile I just disembarked from an EK flight from DXB-NRT that pushed me over the threshold for an upgrade in status. Within ninety minutes of landing I had an email welcoming me to the new tier and listing off the benefits I'm now eligible for. It is so nice to be part of a scheme that works properly.

Etihad are he same. It's nice to be part of a system built from the ground up to be a proper end-to-end system

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Seems that one is entitled to an additional checked bag when Platinum status with AerClub - well the Aer Lingus staff in Miami seem to think so anyway.

You can't, however, avail of your Platinum or Concierge complimentary upgrades for Business at check in. You seemingly have to have it all boxed off in advance with the call centre. The Aer Lingus staff (there were a few Irish folk present to support the new operations) acknowledged that it is a regression versus Gold Circle :/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I've just had my 3rd Platinum card ordered!

Hopefully I'll actually receive this one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

I've just had my 3rd Platinum card ordered!

Hopefully I'll actually receive this one!!

You have the worst luck with those cards. I’ll be earning my Platinum next month, hopefully I see it before Christmas.

• Advertisement

You have the worst luck with those cards. I’ll be earning my Platinum next month, hopefully I see it before Christmas.

I'll probably hit Concierge before the Platinum card arrives!!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Unreal - just got a mail from AerClub - as i am sure most of you did. Are they trying to wind people up ?

"Claim for missing Avios and Tier Credits today" - fill in the missing flights form
    "[font=Arial, sans-serif]Avios points and Tier Credits will be applied to your account retrospectively. Your account will be reviewed and you will receive an email about any applicable change in membership tier"[/font]

Thats fine if you flew recently - and can add EI specific flights that haven't but should of auto credited - but how about flights from last year and early this year, and UA and BA flights that are apparently never going to be added according to my conversation with them last week.

And as for receiving a mail - i have emailed them almost every day for a month now - same mail resent each time - and not a single response.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Received the email too - interesting they ask for thfor passport number to be correct in the profile

• Registered Users Posts: 68,535 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Submitted a missing flight again. Still not expecting anything for it. Inbound leg, outbound credited automatically.

There are literally off the shelf FFP software management systems you can buy that could never be this chaotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Somewhat rhetorical question but why other chasing them at this stage. It's blatantly obvious that they don't care and are perfectly happy to act with little or no integrity.

At this stage, I just verify that the critical mass of flights are credited to my account in order to keep a minimum level of status - so that I have a basic level of perks for personal travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

L1011 wrote: »
    Submitted a missing flight again. Still not expecting anything for it. Inbound leg, outbound credited automatically.

There are literally off the shelf FFP software management systems you can buy that could never be this chaotic.

All of my missing flights have come through, EXCEPT for the flights from November last year and one straggler in March. It also seems to be getting better in terms of automatically tracking both legs.

About one month ago, I sent an email to complain about my Tier Credits being wiped (I was ~100 away from Concierge). I heard nothing so I followed up again today.

To be fair to Aer Club, I actually got a response this time, within a few hours, and they apologised for the issue and pushed my account to Concierge! So quite pleased with that.

I have given up on November... for now. If something blows up in work in the next few weeks and I start clattering towards a threshold the one missing r/t from November could be quite important tier-wise!

I've got til November to get another 241 tier credits for Concierge!

I'm going to try and blast out 4 flights next week, with 1 or 2 sneeky advantage fares thrown in to boost the credits total up!

Thankfully I didn't fly from October to December last year so missed the whole changeover period missing flights crap that a lot of you seem to be still suffering from!

Thankfully I didn't fly from October to December last year so missed the whole changeover period missing flights crap that a lot of you seem to be still suffering from!

My normal yearly flying pattern is almost solidly Q4 due to work things needing to be done before year-end, cheaper city breaks and decent gigs. I'm actually lucky it was only one r/t that went missing.

dudara wrote: »
    All of my missing flights have come through, EXCEPT for the flights from November last year and one straggler in March. It also seems to be getting better in terms of automatically tracking both legs. 
    About one month ago, I sent an email to complain about my Tier Credits being wiped (I was ~100 away from Concierge). I heard nothing so I followed up again today.

To be fair to Aer Club, I actually got a response this time, within a few hours, and they apologised for the issue and pushed my account to Concierge! So quite pleased with that.

Just curious - what email address did you send to ? I have been sending almost daily mails for a month to the aerclubmigration one - not a single response. Zip. 

The one that i am chasing them for is the outbound leg of a TA for the other half - it will push her into Silver which means for the next 2 euro trips she takes next month she will have lounges etc etc. Amazingly the inbound did register in Dec 16 but no amount of forms, emails and calls have worked for the outbound. 

Jesus_thats_gre above asked why chase them - in my case i want the Avios for TA United Business and BA flights (for other half)  as we can use the Avios towards  family trips in europe when the normal fare is significantly higher. That and the fact that we could have put the flights on United and /or BA cards instead - so it just irritates me to miss out.

I disagree too that flights are coming through normally - didnt get a Zurich to Dub leg in Jul and US east coast TA Business either leg recently. Missing flights form did work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 nkfox

Hi all,

My daughters flew with Aer Lingus and did not get any of their Avios Points.

It appears that only 1 person in a group at beast will ever get any Avios points.

This is what is says on the Aer Lingus Web Site:

'You do not have any past trips associated with your account
    If your trip is not displayed, this may be because you used a different email address to make the booking, or the booking was made before creating your account. We recommend that you use your email address saved in My Details for all bookings.'

This means that if I book their ticket, none of them get the points as it was done using my email address.

Does this mean that everyone in the part has to book a separate ticket using their login rather than booking all together?

This is something that Aer Lingus needs to get a grip of.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

nkfox wrote: »
    Hi all,

My daughters flew with Aer Lingus and did not get any of their Avios Points.

It appears that only 1 person in a group at beast will ever get any Avios points.

This is what is says on the Aer Lingus Web Site:

'You do not have any past trips associated with your account
    If your trip is not displayed, this may be because you used a different email address to make the booking, or the booking was made before creating your account. We recommend that you use your email address saved in My Details for all bookings.'

This means that if I book their ticket, none of them get the points as it was done using my email address.

Does this mean that everyone in the part has to book a separate ticket using their login rather than booking all together?

This is something that Aer Lingus needs to get a grip of.

I have travelled in groups of 3 and 4 numerous times in the last year, and we all received the points bar one return leg from CDG where none of us did(but received them after filling out missing flights form)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

mx5ire wrote: »
    Just curious - what email address did you send to ? I have been sending almost daily mails for a month to the aerclubmigration one - not a single response. Zip.

Same here - have sent a fair few emails to that address as well as weekly Twitter DM's which get the usual "Apologies for this delay, we have escalated your query and you will receive a response shortly".

I done the bulk of my flying in 2016 in November, so I'm missing a TATL return, two Euro plus fare returns and a Euro standard fare return. It's a lot of points which I'm not willing to let go as it may well count for a good part of a tier.

UPDATE - Maybe posting on Boards is the answer to my problems. Just got a reply from the aerclubmigration email address. Not getting my hopes overly high, but it's the first meaningful, albeit somewhat generic, response I've got since AerClub was launched.

ImDave wrote: »
    UPDATE - Maybe posting on Boards is the answer to my problems. Just got a reply from the aerclubmigration email address. Not getting my hopes overly high, but it's the first meaningful, albeit somewhat generic, response I've got since AerClub was launched.

You must just be lucky - no responses for me under the current email chain. I received a mail in late July telling me flights would be added within 10 days - which are the EI ones that i am still chasing. Two phone calls since have had the issue "sent upstairs" to IT for resolution. 

Dug up the content below from an informational AerClub Migration mail on the 10th March  - clearly my recent comms with them in relation to absolutely not getting partner airlines Avios in the near to medium term shows they are going backwards. But while Nov 16 is meant to be a blackhole, it is clear that from 01 Nov onwards is a legitimate points earning timeframe.

You can claim Avios points and Tier Credits On Aer Lingus Flights and for travel on our AerClub partner airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, United and Qantas. Please note that travel on partner airlines does not qualify for AerClub Tier Credits.
    Please note that points can only be credited to your account for travel completed since the 1st of November for migrated AerClub members or from the date of first registration to AerClub, otherwise normal T&Cs apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@mx5eire - I was in contact with the migration email address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

You must just be lucky - no responses for me under the current email chain. I received a mail in late July telling me flights would be added within 10 days - which are the EI ones that i am still chasing. Two phone calls since have had the issue "sent upstairs" to IT for resolution.

I'd say chance another email today if you haven't already. Something must have changed as I've just got a second response to my same email this morning (spend months waiting for a response then get a response from two different people in one day!).

ImDave wrote: »
    I'd say chance another email today if you haven't already. Something must have changed as I've just got a second response to my same email this morning (spend months waiting for a response then get a response from two different people in one day!).
    Still mailing them - held my breath waiting for a response, and turned blue, so gave up. Did everyone see this post - sums it all up nicely http://travelupdate.boardingarea.com/disaster-continues-aerclub/

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Downsey77

Dug up the content below from an informational AerClub Migration mail on the 10th March  - clearly my recent comms with them in relation to absolutely not getting partner airlines Avios in the near to medium term shows they are going backwards. But while Nov 16 is meant to be a blackhole, it is clear that from 01 Nov onwards is a legitimate points earning timeframe.

You can claim Avios points and Tier Credits On Aer Lingus Flights and for travel on our AerClub partner airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, United and Qantas. Please note that travel on partner airlines does not qualify for AerClub Tier Credits.
    Please note that points can only be credited to your account for travel completed since the 1st of November for migrated AerClub members or from the date of first registration to AerClub, otherwise normal T&Cs apply.

I finally got a response to my email (from the migration email) regarding the November 2016 Tier Points I was missing.

I have been awarded 75TP & 1250 Avios for those flights which has been credited, so it turns out it is possible to get the TPs for November 2016 after all.

Ironically the Tier Points I've been chasing for so long are effectively wasted as I've already reached Concierge!

Finally received my Platinum card, only 2 1/2 months after qualifying for Platinum

Downsey77 wrote: »
    I finally got a response to my email (from the migration email) regarding the November 2016 Tier Points I was missing.

I have been awarded 75TP & 1250 Avios for those flights which has been credited, so it turns out it is possible to get the TPs for November 2016 after all.

Ironically the Tier Points I've been chasing for so long are effectively wasted as I've already reached Concierge!
    Hmm - Interesting. How long (and how often) have you been chasing them ? I have done it on and off for most of the year but intensively since late July. Just trying to figure out whether there is any methodology as to how they are dealing with these missing points/tiers - in any order or just picking mails etc from their inbox etc
    At least there is some progress on the alleged black hole of Nov/Dec 16 flights !

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Downsey77

Hmm - Interesting. How long (and how often) have you been chasing them ? I have done it on and off for most of the year but intensively since late July. Just trying to figure out whether there is any methodology as to how they are dealing with these missing points/tiers - in any order or just picking mails etc from their inbox etc
    At least there is some progress on the alleged black hole of Nov/Dec 16 flights !

I had mainly been contacting them via twitter, but just got fobbed off. I eventually got an email address back in May, emailed and got a response saying my flights had been logged. I emailed again in Mid-June and heard nothing.

I then mentioned the issue I was having to one of the girls in the DUB lounge and she got me to forward my email to her and she forwarded it on the team on 1st July.

I didn't chase it since after that as I knew I was going to get to Concierge without those points so I wasn't that bothered.

Then last week out of the blue I got a response from the migration team to the email that had been sent via the lounge team, telling me I'd be getting 75TPs & 1250 Avios.

Sounds like there must be a massive backlog that they are working through, slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭notuslimited

I am happy to report that my Avios and Tier Points are bang up to date. Not getting a statement from EI is a PITA because you don't know what's posted. I had previously used the missing flights link with some success but I was still short on Tier Points. This week I decided to enter everything again via the missing flights link and the next day 302.5 Tier Points were listed in my account. Not exactly right as my record showed I should have had 310. These points were for the Jun-Aug 2017 time frame. My Aer Club membership year started 1 June. Anyway, I had recorded all flight details on a spreadsheet including ticket numbers and I emailed EI asking for the extra 7.5 points. The very next day I got a response from EI confirming that my tally was correct and that one 15 Tier Points leg had been mistakenly added as 7.5. Very happy with the outcome. I will do this on a quarterly basis going forward until EI manage to sort out their IT problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Wolf.dao

I booked an economy flight from JFK to DUB in Jan 2017 and was offered the option to upgrade to business. I made an offer and it was accepted. I was expecting to get the tier credits for a business class flight but was told on the phone that you only get the credits from the original booking? Is that normal within this frequent flyer world or is it a load of bull****? smells like it to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

That would be pretty standard when bidding for an upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Wolf.dao

criminal carry on. at least I know now.

Advertisement