Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

So - mailed Aerclubmigration back yesterday, but that will take weeks, so tried to call them again to today. Now as we know, the call centre is just a front end to the main AerClub back office operation, you actually never get to talk to people in Aerclub. So the chap told me that Aerclub actually started on 29th Nov, not 21st, so thats why the flight on the 28th went to Gold circle !! Not according to my account when i log in, and anyone else on here that has any clue about it - the date is clearly 21st Nov. 

I also re-read the email from them yesterday - and this is there is also becomes irritating - it states that the missing leg was incorporated into the tier credits that were credited to you when migrated to Gold Circle. Now the last time that i looked, Tier Credits didn't exist in Gold Circle. They are honestly making this up as they go along.

I guess i just have to wait for them to respond via email.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

mx5ire wrote: »
    it states that the missing leg was incorporated into the tier credits that were credited to you when migrated to Gold Circle. Now the last time that i looked, Tier Credits didn't exist in Gold Circle.

Yeah, I only earned 1,900 GC points in the Nov - Nov* period where they determined who got status in AerClub, so they put me in as green with 60 Tier credits. Apparently anyone who earned less than about ~1400 Gold Circle points only got 30 Tier credits.

So they probably used the Gold Circle points you earned in determining how many 'token' tier credits you got upon entry to Aer Club (30 or 60).

*My anniversary was always in August, so I alway did enough by August every year to remain Gold, but in their November to November period I only earned 80% of the GC points needed to get into AerClub as a Silver, so naturally enough they rewarded me with only 20% of the Tier Credits required to get into Silver.
    That was my biggest hump with the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

Yeah, I only earned 1,900 GC points in the Nov - Nov* period where they determined who got status in AerClub, so they put me in as green with 60 Tier credits. Apparently anyone who earned less than about ~1400 Gold Circle points only got 30 Tier credits.

So they probably used the Gold Circle points you earned in determining how many 'token' tier credits you got upon entry to Aer Club (30 or 60).

*My anniversary was always in August, so I alway did enough by August every year to remain Gold, but in their November to November period I only earned 80% of the GC points needed to get into AerClub as a Silver, so naturally enough they rewarded me with only 20% of the Tier Credits required to get into Silver.
    That was my biggest hump with the whole thing.

I got the 30 token credits when transferred to Green AerClub. For what it's worth, when I asked them a few weeks ago about when my credits this year would reset, they say midnight on the 28th, so while the migrated accounts were active from the 21st as it says online, it looks like the Tier Credits year to them is 29th November 2016-28th November 2017.

I got the 30 token credits when transferred to Green AerClub. For what it's worth, when I asked them a few weeks ago about when my credits this year would reset, they say midnight on the 28th, so while the migrated accounts were active from the 21st as it says online, it looks like the Tier Credits year to them is 29th November 2016-28th November 2017.

Good Lord, how many different dates have we go to contend with. What an absolute crock. I don't actually remember having any token credit as you put them, but i honestly don't remember. The assumption was that this stupid club would work. 

Aerclub flight crediting is still clearly not functioning -  my wife's trip to the US last week still hasn't appeared correctly. She got outbound leg tier credits and no avios, but neither one for the inbound leg. I have filled in missing flights forms for both. My own TA trip in Auguest didn't work either, missing flights form had to be used.

For what it's worth, when I asked them a few weeks ago about when my credits this year would reset, they say midnight on the 28th, so while the migrated accounts were active from the 21st as it says online, it looks like the Tier Credits year to them is 29th November 2016-28th November 2017.
    That's actually interesting - assuming my wife gets her US flight tier credits from last week, it will leave her 4 short of re-qualifying for Silver - but she doesn't fly again (with EI) until the 29th Nov. She will be spitting nails if her tier credits are removed on 28th. I guess she will never get basic lounge access back again at this rate. Easiest option is to book on United from now on - at least they award the miles. 

The whole anniversary thing is completely nuts too - her anniversary was May 17 - yet she didnt lose all her tier credits on 1st June, maybe AerClub green members are different to Silver, Platinum etc. I lost all mine on 1st May in Platinum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

I thought i was about to loose my Gold tier with aeroflot yesterday, then i realised you get 2 years with them :D

Smart flies Aeroflot!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,420 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

this has never worked for me and aerlingus just keep asking me is it ok...

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Tangey99

This post has been deleted.
    Aer Lingus routes to Europe all have big fees when doing a redemption on Avios.com, except one.
    Madrid can be had for around £15 each way in fees. I'm guessing this is do with the fact that Iberia, another IAG member, also flies this route

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

What Avios is selling is an old style full economy fare so one 20kg bag is included and changes are relatively cheap

Best trick is transfer the points to BA account and book with them, can work out a great deal for DUB-LHR

What Avios is selling is an old style full economy fare so one 20kg bag is included and changes are relatively cheap

Best trick is transfer the points to BA account and book with them, can work out a great deal for DUB-LHR
    I am intrigued by the BA account thingy - just haven't researched it enough. Does this essentially mean my upcoming EI trips to the US (and Europe later) would credit to a new BA account, along with the Avios etc, but have no benefit for EI travel. No Tiers etc. Do those EI flights count towards BA tier status ? I don't really travel with BA so don't want to jump out of one less than satisfactory program to one that doesn't really suit my travel routings. At least with EI i get lounge access etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

I am intrigued by the BA account thingy - just haven't researched it enough. Does this essentially mean my upcoming EI trips to the US (and Europe later) would credit to a new BA account, along with the Avios etc, but have no benefit for EI travel. No Tiers etc. Do those EI flights count towards BA tier status ? I don't really travel with BA so don't want to jump out of one less than satisfactory program to one that doesn't really suit my travel routings. At least with EI i get lounge access etc.

You can transfer points from Aer Club to BA Executive Club instantly. So you can keep using your AerClub for earning Avios and Tier Points. Then when you go to redeem, price up the flights on AerClub and BA Executive Club and book the cheapest one.

You can earn on AerClub and spend on Executive Club.

You can transfer points from Aer Club to BA Executive Club instantly. So you can keep using your AerClub for earning Avios and Tier Points. Then when you go to redeem, price up the flights on AerClub and BA Executive Club and book the cheapest one.

You can earn on AerClub and spend on Executive Club.
    Hmm - interesting - so its not an all or nothing thing - i can cross use them. Think i will investigate that. So opening a BA Exec club account gives me a UK/BA Avios account that is separate to my EI/IRE one then. 

Would be interested to see if the actual points are less on BA - for example EI want 20000 points for Dubrovnik return in July, despite their  site saying it should only be 15000, same as i paid for Venice this year. I even called Avios about it but she said that EI have set it up that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I thought i was about to loose my Gold tier with aeroflot yesterday, then i realised you get 2 years with them :D

Smart flies Aeroflot!

Same with Etihad...and I dare say better perks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

fullstop wrote: »
    Same with Etihad...and I dare say better perks.

Agreed, I just found out I can convert my miles to a prepaid Visa card, maybe I’ll get that iPhone X after all :).

Just received my second Platinum card!! I guess thats 2 of the 3 they sent me successfully arrived!!

So far I've received 2 Silver & 2 Platinum cards!! all since March!

At least I've a sh1t load of luggage tags now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Just received my second Platinum card!! I guess thats 2 of the 3 they sent me successfully arrived!!

So far I've received 2 Silver & 2 Platinum cards!! all since March!

At least I've a sh1t load of luggage tags now!

Can I ask roughly how long did it take for you to receive a card after being awarded tier status? Just wondering how long I should give them before chasing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

ImDave wrote: »
    Can I ask roughly how long did it take for you to receive a card after being awarded tier status? Just wondering how long I should give them before chasing up.

I recently (mid August) moved into silver tier and got my card in about 3 weeks. I flew a number of times in that three week period and had no issue with fast track, priority boarding or lounge by just showing them the card on the Aer Lingus App.

ImDave wrote: »

2 weeks for the 2 Silver cards I received in March and 2 months for the 2 Platinum cards I just received

• Registered Users Posts: 5 think_floyd

Have the tier points changed for transatlantic flights?

Saver fares now give the same 15 credits one-way as European flights. Was that always how it was set up or am I right in thinking that has decreased significantly?

I'm not likely to get my remaining 81 credits by November 28th now to get silver.

EDIT: oh, and I just realised I'm still missing several flights and the corresponding tier credits. It states that they won't be credited until the "next phase" whenever that is. I'm not holding my breath on it being before the 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

Have the tier points changed for transatlantic flights?

Saver fares now give the same 15 credits one-way as European flights. Was that always how it was set up or am I right in thinking that has decreased significantly?

I'm not likely to get my remaining 81 credits by November 28th now to get silver.

What's changed is the introduction of the transatlantic Saver Fare(no luggage). Fares booked before the introduction of Saver last month are what are now known as 'Smart' fares, and are entitled to 25 tier credits if in A, Z, W, T, O, or R classes, and 50 if in other classes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭NSAman

Aer Club IS  a disaster. I am missing close to 600 tier points. Despite emailing them. I am a long term business customer flying transatlantic quite a few times a year in business and throughout Europe.
    I have phoned the concierge level phone number (as I am on that level) and nothing. 
    If Aerlingus are determined to loose business customers then fine, there ARE other programs that I am a member of that would LOVE the level of business that I and my colleagues do with them... they are pushing me in that direction at the moment. Currently AA has over 1million points in the bank with me, and suits my needs. So unless Aerlingus start acting in a professional manner with Avios points and tier points they have lost a business client here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

3 of out my last 9 flights credited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Getting worried by this thread - how do I check that all tier points have been credited ?

banchang wrote: »
    Getting worried by this thread - how do I check that all tier points have been credited ?

You can’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

You can’t.

So how are people noting/checking that only x out of last y flights have been credited ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Anyone who is serious about points would keep a spreadsheet to track what was flown and what had credited

Then use the avios statement to determine which flights have credited

If they are showing avios then the tier credit is almost always there

Then missing flights form for the missing ones

No real difference compared to Gold Circle really

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

banchang wrote: »
    So how are people noting/checking that only x out of last y flights have been credited ?
    cause they check probably hourly to see if they have been or a spreadsheet like I do but BA and Etihad (who I fly with the most) are credited without fail with 24 hours or in the case of etihad as soon as the cabin door is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

I've been pretty lucky in that all my Aer Lingus flights since the launch of Aer Club have credited / tiered correctly. Up to now.

As part of a return fight two weeks ago I flew DUB - LGW / LHR - SNN out Thursday, back Sunday.

The LHR - SNN flight has been credited but no sign of the DUB - LGW flight. I filled out the missing points form last week and still no sign of them appearing on my account.

How long would the experts on here recommend I leave before I start chasing Aer Club over the missing points?

The annoying thing is I have a single EI flight this Wednesday to London (coming back with LH from Poland) and this flight will get me over the mark to get status back and back into "Silver". As long as the missing flight is credited. I have two, possibly three EI flights coming up before the end of November so I'm keeping a close eye on my tier credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

As part of a return fight two weeks ago I flew DUB - LGW / LHR - SNN out Thursday, back Sunday.

The LHR - SNN flight has been credited but no sign of the DUB - LGW flight. I filled out the missing points form last week and still no sign of them appearing on my account.

How long would the experts on here recommend I leave before I start chasing Aer Club over the missing points?

I was in the exact same situation - flew DUB-LGW return the other week, and flew it as a plus fare to get over the line into Silver. No sign of tier credits a week later so I called the AerClub help desk. They said points to/from LGW are taking a long time to post, but to be fair they upgraded me to Silver whilst on the phone with them, so it's worth a call. No sign of the points/credits today, two weeks on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭notuslimited

Anyone who is serious about points would keep a spreadsheet to track what was flown and what had credited

Then use the avios statement to determine which flights have credited

If they are showing avios then the tier credit is almost always there

Then missing flights form for the missing ones

No real difference compared to Gold Circle really

In my experience my avois get awarded but only the leg ex DUB gets credited for tier points. I have to chase the legs ex FRA.

Advertisement