Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

In my experience my avois get awarded but only the leg ex DUB gets credited for tier points. I have to chase the legs ex FRA.

I see neither Avios nor Tier points unless its ex UK/IE/US, for each return flight there should be two entries for Avios

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

ImDave wrote: »
    I was in the exact same situation - flew DUB-LGW return the other week, and flew it as a plus fare to get over the line into Silver. No sign of tier credits a week later so I called the AerClub help desk. They said points to/from LGW are taking a long time to post, but to be fair they upgraded me to Silver whilst on the phone with them, so it's worth a call. No sign of the points/credits today, two weeks on.

I'm flying to LGW tomorrow so I'll leave that for a week to see if they post to my account. If they don't then I will get on the phone to them about it.

Thanks for the info.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I've been pretty lucky in that all my Aer Lingus flights since the launch of Aer Club have credited / tiered correctly. Up to now.

Same here with the exception of 3 flights back in January. In early March I was sitting on about 260 tier credits, and the 3 flights I was missing were worth 100 tier credits, so I sent them an email explaining that I wanted the status now as I had a load of flights coming up, and wanted fast track, lounge & priority check in available to me for those flights, and it was their crappy system holding me up in getting silver status, I also attached scans of the boarding cards from the missing flights.

The next day my account updated to Silver (still with only 260 tier credits though), and the flights were eventually added a few months later. Since then, all flights* have been added about 4/5 days later. (*All my flights this year have been U.K. flights, so perhaps I'm not experiencing the pain others are with EU/US flights)

I'm flying to LGW tomorrow so I'll leave that for a week to see if they post to my account.

For my flight tomorrow to BHX, I'd expect to see the tier credits post to my account on Sunday/Monday, with Thursday's return trip posting on the Monday/Tuesday. Avios follow the day after the tier credits add.
    It's been like that ever since the processed the missing flights back in May/June or whenever it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Amazing, after 2 weeks of finally getting a reply and being awarded 120 points, i still have not received them. Or a reply to my email.

Absolutely ridiculous Airline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

For my flight tomorrow to BHX, I'd expect to see the tier credits post to my account on Sunday/Monday, with Thursday's return trip posting on the Monday/Tuesday. Avios follow the day after the tier credits add.
    It's been like that ever since the processed the missing flights back in May/June or whenever it was.
    It must be a UK thing as you say - flights for both of us have required missing flights forms after a week of no updates in every case. Zurich, Boston, Newark, economy, business, - doesn't matter. In my wife's case, neither Boston leg credited, then Tier credits appeared a few days apart about 4 days after missing flights forms, and finally 1 week after that 1 set of Avios. Still waiting on the other set of Avios. 

Overall the process still needs to be watched and monitored if you want your points, its not remotely consistent, and as for them answering mails, good luck. How ImDave got them to actually action a tier upgrade over the phone amazes me, the 3 people i have spoken to all admit that they simply front the calls and it all has to go 'upstairs' to AerClub Admin for the simplest of queries.

mx5ire wrote: »
    Overall the process still needs to be watched and monitored if you want your points, its not remotely consistent

Oh, Absolutely, hence me knowing exactly when flights will credit as as soon as one doesn't appear, I'll know about it.

Terrible really that you have to keep such a close eye on what should be a fully automated (working) system.

as for them answering mails, good luck. How ImDave got them to actually action a tier upgrade over the phone amazes me, the 3 people i have spoken to all admit that they simply front the calls and it all has to go 'upstairs' to AerClub Admin for the simplest of queries.

All my dealings with them have been via email, I haven't even bothered trying to call them. I'll be Concierge in the next week or 2 and from what I've heard, even the dedicated Concierge helpline is a sh1tshow

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

All my dealings with them have been via email, I haven't even bothered trying to call them. I'll be Concierge in the next week or 2 and from what I've heard, even the dedicated Concierge helpline is a sh1tshow
    Are you getting responses via the aerclubmigration email address ? Both of us use that and rarely get a response, you certainly cannot have a dialog about an issue as it could be literally weeks between responses. I have tried one mail, i have tried mails every day for a month, no difference. So frustrating. 

I have a funny issue coming up now, other half is 6 points away from Silver, (should be over the line already if we got 2 missing flights mind you), but next flight is Nov 28. Current green tier members will apparently lose all their current tier points on the 28th or 29th Nov, so i have a headache already just imagining the battle that i will need to have to get this over the line. 

I know all AerClub accounts say 21st Nov was the start date, but on a recent call to them they told me it started officially on the 29th Nov, and a line on the missing flights form seems to confirm this - see below:
    [font=CartoGothic-Book, CartoGothic-Light-e, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Please note that Avios points can only be credited to your account for travel completed since the 29th of November 2016, the date of AerClub launch for migrated AerClub members, or from the date of first registration to AerClub,[/font]

It's slow, but yeah, send a mail, and get a response in a day or 2, so things took a while to get done, but it did get done, eventually

I have a funny issue coming up now, other half is 6 points away from Silver, (should be over the line already if we got 2 missing flights mind you), but next flight is Nov 28.

I'd be looking at the cheapest day trip you could find to somewhere sh1tty in the U.K., even for only a few hours, and even if there was a cheaper return with Ryanair, just to get your OH over the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

How ImDave got them to actually action a tier upgrade over the phone amazes me, the 3 people i have spoken to all admit that they simply front the calls and it all has to go 'upstairs' to AerClub Admin for the simplest of queries.

You're right, the call centre is just a front. The guy on the phone checked my AerClub account and checked the booking ref of the flight I was missing, and said he was upgrading my account to Silver and the points would appear later. The guy on the phone didn't actually do it though - rather, I got an email from someone in AerClub later in the day saying they had upgraded my status, and I got a 'Welcome to Silver' email a few minutes later. So they are just a filter and pass things up the chain.

Apologies for not being clear on that in my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭NSAman

This is a joke of a "loyalty" program. 4 weeks at this stage. My last flight still has no tier points despite two transatlantic crossings in business. My european flights have no tier points. 
    Not one email in relation to anything. 
    still missing over 600 points at this stage and to be honest, my business is going else where. Never had an issue with Gold Circle. Since this move I am sick of emailing and calling them. Currently I am at 375 points with 600+ missing...it just is not worth the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

NSAman wrote: »
    This is a joke of a "loyalty" program. 4 weeks at this stage. My last flight still has no tier points despite two transatlantic crossings in business. My european flights have no tier points. 
    Not one email in relation to anything. 
    still missing over 600 points at this stage and to be honest, my business is going else where. Never had an issue with Gold Circle. Since this move I am sick of emailing and calling them. Currently I am at 375 points with 600+ missing...it just is not worth the problems.

Conversely I found GC was worse in not allocating points correctly. AC has been fine for me up until my missing DUB LGW flight two weeks ago. Which I will be chasing next week when I get back from my next trip.

It was only when I seriously started tracking my GC points that I got over the mark into GC Gold. Even when I reached that mark they tried to claim I was 300 or so points short. A to the point email back to GC soon had me in Gold.

It was only when I seriously started tracking my GC points that I got over the mark into GC Gold. Even when I reached that mark they tried to claim I was 300 or so points short. A to the point email back to GC soon had me in Gold.

When I think back to 2008 (I believe), when I first got into GC, I was the same, had to chase them and compare my spreadsheet (built off the monthly statements which are sorely missed) to theres, and eventually get my status.

But yeah, I had to go looking for it after I'd earned it, same as with AerClub!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭notuslimited

Overall the process still needs to be watched and monitored if you want your points, its not remotely consistent

Oh, Absolutely, hence me knowing exactly when flights will credit as as soon as one doesn't appear, I'll know about it.

Terrible really that you have to keep such a close eye on what should be a fully automated (working) system.

as for them answering mails, good luck. How ImDave got them to actually action a tier upgrade over the phone amazes me, the 3 people i have spoken to all admit that they simply front the calls and it all has to go 'upstairs' to AerClub Admin for the simplest of queries.

I wouldn't go as far as calling the guys in Concierge a sh1tshow. In my experience they are pretty nice and efficient to deal with. I rang yesterday to book a saver fare to IAD and then use my companion ticket for my wife and then to top it off, use my 4 concierge upgrades vouchers for biz class. There and then they could confirm it. Biz flights currently priced at €5200 (for 2 pax) will be got for €770 when I book them today.

I just had a decent bit of service this morning from the check in staff,

I’m flying to BHX, and my sister is flying to BOS an hour later, so I brought her to the Aer Club check in desk to check in alongside me, and asked about giving her an upgrade (using my 1 Platinum upgrade), a few quick calls later and she had a business class ticket!

1 more return trip next week and I’ll be Concierge myself, so I guess with that, I’ll still have my 4 upgrades?! So thought might as well get some use out of Platinum before Moving up a Tier.
    I didn’t think they’d do it, but I was pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

What email address do you use to contact Aerclub...?

What email address do you use to contact Aerclub...?

aerclubmigration@aerlingus.com

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭notuslimited

I wouldn't go as far as calling the guys in Concierge a sh1tshow. In my experience they are pretty nice and efficient to deal with. I rang yesterday to book a saver fare to IAD and then use my companion ticket for my wife and then to top it off, use my 4 concierge upgrades vouchers for biz class. There and then they could confirm it. Biz flights currently priced at €5200 (for 2 pax) will be got for €770 when I book them today.

I was stung today on the taxes. My saver fare, taxes on the ticket €100 approx. Booked the companion ticket for my wife, taxes and charges came to a total of €327. I'll put it down to one of life's little mysteries. I had pencilled in about €250 based on past experience.

Return trip today to BRS with the return leg being the flight that qualifies me for Concierge

It better be like that scene in that movie ‘Up In The Air’ with George Clooney when the captain comes and sits beside him to present him his 10,000,000 miles card

• Advertisement

Return trip today to BRS with the return leg being the flight that qualifies me for Concierge

It better be like that scene in that movie ‘Up In The Air’ with George Clooney when the captain comes and sits beside him to present him his 10,000,000 miles card

Well for the first time ever flying with Aer Lingus my bag didn’t turn up at my destination!

Today was supposed to be a celebration!! I was joining the Concierge club!! The elite! Dining at the top table!! The big bopper!!

Of course they’d have to ruin it for me!!
    (Thankfully the bag was only full of PPE for a site visit today, so I’m not overly ar$ed)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,642 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You should've held tightly onto your luggage. Like this guy ;)

429874.png

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RMDrive

One small change (but one I appreciate) recently is that on TATL they'll come down and present concierge members in Economy with their free wifi cards at the start of the flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

RMDrive wrote: »
    One small change (but one I appreciate) recently is that on TATL they'll come down and present concierge members in Economy with their free wifi cards at the start of the flight.

Concierge members in economy.....? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

RMDrive wrote: »

That was always in the program benefits for Aer Club Concierge "Complimentary Wi-Fi on transatlantic flights" so if it hasn't been happening you should be complaining or actively asking the cabin crew as your status is on the manifest (even on short haul ex IRL/UK you can get the odd free newspaper and sandwich)

A colleague never paid for a business class ticket and travelled Dublin Seattle 11 times a year via ORD, worth in the old days a shade over 1000 GC points, easily made top tier

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Has anyone looked to combine their Avios and BA accounts and which way is best, i.e., transfer your EI avios points to BA or transfer your BA to the EI Avios account.

I have 1.5M BA Avios and about 13K EI Avios Pts.......just want to check on any upsides/downsides of one vs the other as I was thinking to move the BA avios to EI Avios as easier to spend them here. I’ve never found a way to spend with BA as they don’t seem to support free flights if connecting from SNN, which is why I’ve never gotten around to spending any......!

Appreciate any feedback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

ctlsleh wrote: »
    Has anyone looked to combine their Avios and BA accounts and which way is best, i.e., transfer your EI avios points to BA or transfer your BA to the EI Avios account.

I have 1.5M BA Avios and about 13K EI Avios Pts.......just want to check on any upsides/downsides of one vs the other as I was thinking to move the BA avios to EI Avios as easier to spend them here. I’ve never found a way to spend with BA as they don’t seem to support free flights if connecting from SNN, which is why I’ve never gotten around to spending any......!

Appreciate any feedback

There's a risk in letting such a large balance build up in any frequent flyer programme, both from a devaluation perspective (as happened with BAEC Avios in 2015) & from a security perspective. Given the repeatedly shoddy way in which the systems supporting AerClub have been rolled out & implemented, I'd be wary of transferring anything resembling a large balance into EI.

You can still book flights ex-DUB or SNN on EI, using points that remain in situ in your BAEC account. Simply pick up the phone to BAEC & have them check availability for you (flights can be booked online on Avios.com but your tax element will be CONSIDERABLY LESS if booked over the phone). Dublin to Boston return in Business on avios.com will cost approx 100k - 125k Avios + £215 of tax, or ring BA and book it using BA Executive Club Avios and pay £75ish of tax.

There are myriad ways you can have that balance work for you.

Head for Points is a good starting place to get a picture of what's available.

http://www.headforpoints.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Thanks Yamanoto,

I wasnt aware of that site, looks like next weekends reading........many thanks.

So i can use my BA Avios points to book Aerlingus then? i wasn't aware of that. ive tried that online in the past but was never successful (which is how i ended up with 10 years of unused BA points) ill give BAEC a call tomorrow to discuss.

one final question, does it ever make sense to use the EI Avios points and can you switch points back and forth between the BA scheme and the EI scheme?

Just be wary trying to use Avios on EI,

The few times I checked, it worked out cheaper to just book a regular joe soap fare without using Avios.

I tried a DUB-AMS trip a few months ago and regular fare was €185. With Avios.com it was €195 + 10,000 Avios

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Concierge members in economy.....? :eek:

Ha. Concierge the hard way here. Not one business class ticket.

Advertisement