Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

Does that not just say that ticket classes A,Z,W,T are saver fares in Europe giving 7.5 tier credits each way?

Is there info I'm missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Anyone have any luck getting tier points credited lately? I'm well into silver but 4 flights haven't been credited and of course the reset is next month. Been calling for weeks (they have basically said aer club is a load of **** but tough, you have to wait 5 weeks for flights to be credited) and emailed aer club migration twice with no reply, also tried on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,535 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Logged in and I thought that'd I'd got the points for a flight I've entered as missing at least five times now with zero feedback - but no, Supervalu gave me the 250 points for a "first" Avios conversion despite doing at least three beforehand; and I think I got the 250 the first time as well.

Their systems are even worse than EI's so thats not surprising!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

I'm missing one flight from a DUB LGW flight in September.

Missing flight form filled in.

Two emails sent.

Not a reply to either.

Sent a DM on twitter tonight.

I'm on 295 tier credits. If that flight had credited it would be 320 credits to get me over the line.

Flying to London tomorrow and back from Birmingham on Thursday (unusually on a saver fare for me) so let's see if these credit and get me into silver. Until that September flight all my credits had been applied correctly.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Email them again and attach copies of your boarding cards for the missing flights. Tell them you fear your points will reset before you have a chance to be Tiered up to Silver.

It might work. That’s how I got into Silver back in March, and also how I got into Concierge 2 weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Email them again and attach copies of your boarding cards for the missing flights. Tell them you fear your points will reset before you have a chance to be Tiered up to Silver.

It might work. That’s how I got into Silver back in March, and also how I got into Concierge 2 weeks ago

Can I ask as a rough approximation how many EI flights you would have taken in a 12M period to make silver and concierge...?

Can I ask as a rough approximation how many EI flights you would have taken in a 12M period to make silver and concierge...?

I took 36 flights since January this year (all to/from U.K.) to earn 1,000 Tier Credits, and added to the 60 'welcome' tier credits I received when I was demoted from Gold to Silver, it was enough to qualify me for Concierge

4 were Advantage fares (200 credits)
    32 were Plus fares (800 credits)

3 of the Advantage fares were exDUB in Jan/Feb when I was only Green, as I wanted max tier Credits asap, as well as the Fast Track that came with Advantage fares (despite DAA knowing nothing of this)

I took 36 flights since January this year (all to/from U.K.) to earn 1,000 Tier Credits, and added to the 60 'welcome' tier credits I received when I was demoted from Gold to Silver, it was enough to qualify me for Concierge

4 were Advantage fares (200 credits)
    32 were Plus fares (800 credits)

3 of the Advantage fares were exDUB in Jan/Feb when I was only Green, as I wanted max tier Credits asap, as well as the Fast Track that came with Advantage fares (despite DAA knowing nothing of this)

When you log in to your AerClub account can you see all these flights under your Past Trips...?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bartelby

I have an upcoming Euro flight booked in saver but I would like to upgrade the ticket to advantage fare and pay the difference as that would push me over the tier point threshold for silver. Does anyone know if this can be done? The manage my booking function doesn’t make it clear.

Thanks

When you log in to your AerClub account can you see all these flights under your Past Trips...?

Yeah, they all show up as Avios transactions. as well as past trips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Bartelby wrote: »
    I have an upcoming Euro flight booked in saver but I would like to upgrade the ticket to advantage fare and pay the difference as that would push me over the tier point threshold for silver. Does anyone know if this can be done? The manage my booking function doesn’t make it clear.

Thanks

Yup can be done, 40 euro plus the difference

Done saver to plus a few times this way no issue

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bartelby

Yup can be done, 40 euro plus the difference

Done saver to plus a few times this way no issue

Thanks goingnowhere, how did you do it? Through the call centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭NSAman

fullstop wrote: »
    Anyone have any luck getting tier points credited lately? I'm well into silver but 4 flights haven't been credited and of course the reset is next month. Been calling for weeks (they have basically said aer club is a load of **** but tough, you have to wait 5 weeks for flights to be credited) and emailed aer club migration twice with no reply, also tried on twitter.
    Have to say, not entirely.
    I have been conversing with them still missing a return business class fare to the USA and also another single to Europe which have still to be credited. 
    They did offer to put 200 tier points on as a gesture of good will, which I accepted but they are still missing quite a few tier points on my account..... seeing as the 31st November is the cut off date, I cannot see me maintaining my Consierge level if this continues..... not a happy LOYAL member of this service.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Question for those that have re-qualified for their current status....

I have just re qualified for Platinum - and am wondering when my new membership year  / anniversary date will run from/to. My current membership was to expire in april 18 - so does my new re qualified membership run from May 18 to April 19 ?  I had re qualified at the lower Silver level a few months back but didn't hear anything from AerClub about that, presumably as i was still a Platinum member until April next year. 

I seem to recall (though i could be wrong) that GC membership dates changed when you moved up level, e.g Prestige till Dec 15 but qualified for Elite in Oct 15 so new membership ran from Oct 15 to Sep 16. But i could be wrong on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

mx5ire wrote:
    My current membership was to expire in april 18 - so does my new re qualified membership run from May 18 to April 19 ?.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Yesterday's flight put me over 300 points. Today I checked in and discovered Silver level had already been applied. Both my wife and I were given priority boarding although I had been told that she wouldn't get anything even when travelling with me.
    Amazed but quite pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

been applied. Both my wife and I were given priority boarding although I had been told that she wouldn't get anything even when travelling with me.

Not directed at you Galvo, but its a nice gesture but it sums up what is wrong with the whole Aer Club saga. Achieving status is effectively worthless if someone who flys every other day is in the same queue as someone who flys a handful of times per year. The whole point of status is to be rewarded and make a journey a little easier. The same happened with United when they introduced lounge entry and priority boarding with every credit card under the sun, you'll be in a queue for business with maybe 100 other people from the crowded lounge. On the topic of lounge, next summer is going to be interesting in the Gold Circle lounge.

ironclaw wrote: »
    On the topic of lounge, next summer is going to be interesting in the Gold Circle lounge.

Could you go into more detail on this comment please? What’s happening?

Oneworld
    Or the outsourcing thing for the lounge staffing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Oneworld
    Or the outsourcing thing for the lounge staffing
    I guess the expected entry into OW will increase numbers using the EI lounge.

Outsourcing staff who work directly with their high revenue pax in their home base seems like downgrade in overall service. My understanding was that the staff there often recognized regulars and assisted with travel/ticketing queries.

Tenger wrote: »
    I guess the expected entry into OW will increase numbers using the EI lounge.

Outsourcing staff who work directly with their high revenue pax in their home base seems like downgrade in overall service. My understanding was that the staff there often recognized regulars and assisted with travel/ticketing queries.

Staffing was to change in March 17 but it didn't, still the usual warm welcome

TATL biz passengers are 51st/green, so that has thinned things out. I'm guessing we are going to get a IAG thing where BA/IB/EI will get access at company operated lounges, won't cost anything as OW will be end 2018 at best.

Can you access the lounge and use the fast security queue using the electronic version of your card on your phone or do you have to physically have the membership card with you...?

Can you access the lounge and use the fast security queue using the electronic version of your card on your phone or do you have to physically have the membership card with you...?

It’ll get you into the lounge alright, not so sure about security, as they can be awkward when they want to be!!

Thanks, not really too bothered about Fast Track security, I can normally go through security at T2 in five to ten minutes most days...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

I noticed this morning that my missing Tier Credits and Avios points from my DUB LGW flight in September have finally been applied.

Only took 7 weeks for it to be applied!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

It's a personal wager as I saw the same thing in the US over the past number of years with the introduction of easier access to lounges. Take Chicago for example, the United Clubs are huge but there nearly always a queue to get into one and they are usually packed. You have the business travelers and those that earned status by flying, but there is also the contingent of folks that qualified by cards etc. Contrast this to Heathrow or Toronto, and even during peak times, the lounges are never full.

My wager is that it's so easy to achieve lounge access with Aer Lingus, and the lounge is so small, that you'll quickly fill it to capacity. If you contrast to Star Alliance, you need to be Gold at minimum to get into most lounges. With Aer Lingus, you could, in theory, do it after 2 or 3 flights.

All that sounds like I'm being high and mighty, but the whole point of status is that it makes my journey that much easier and pleasant. Its bitter pill to swallow when you are loyal to a brand but the difference between the lowest tier and Conciege is really nothing at all.

For example:

- You never get the extra weight or additional bags, at any level.
    - At platinum, you get access to partner lounges which is not an extensive network. You get priority waiting list, which really means nothing as that never happens in Europe as opposed to the US. And I'll eat my hat if anyone ever gets an upgrade at Platinum.
    - At concierge, you get some seat guarantees. That's pretty much it.

All told, once you have silver, it's not worth continuing to build points or tiers. You'd be better off putting your money in BA and getting OneWorld tiers under your belt as they actually benefit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

Hey guys great forum. The answer is probably buried in the 130 pages or so but I'm hoping someone can answer me this. I'm a platinum card holder but travelling Loganair to Inverness tomorrow and back INV-LHR-DUB with BA on Tuesday. Don't have BA account etc but will the platinum card get me in to any of the lounges either in Dublin or Heathrow when I'm not flying EI on any leg.
    Thanks.

pmsurveys wrote: »
    Hey guys great forum. The answer is probably buried in the 130 pages or so but I'm hoping someone can answer me this. I'm a platinum card holder but travelling Loganair to Inverness tomorrow and back INV-LHR-DUB with BA on Tuesday. Don't have BA account etc but will the platinum card get me in to any of the lounges either in Dublin or Heathrow when I'm not flying EI on any leg.
    Thanks.

Platinum gets you partner airline lounge access

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

Is that only if you're flying an Aer Lingus leg though?
    Platinum gets you partner airline lounge access

Advertisement