Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

pmsurveys wrote: »
    Is that only if you're flying an Aer Lingus leg though?

I’m not entirely sure, one of the more learned folks here should be able to confirm, but it looks like if your flying on a partner airline (which BA is, not sure about LoganAir), then you should get BA lounge access.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I’m not entirely sure, one of the more learned folks here should be able to confirm, but it looks like if your flying on a partner airline (which BA is, not sure about LoganAir), then you should get BA lounge access.

Generally speaking, as long as you are flying on a ticket that is within the same group or partners, you are permitted access.

For example, I'm SA Gold via Lufthansa, but I have access to United Club when I'm on a United ticket as they fall under Star Alliance. However, the same would not be true in reverse i.e. I could not access a United Club lounge if I was flying on a Lufthansa ticket. The jackpot, if you will, is if you are in an airport with your home base airline and a partner lounge(s). For example, if I was flying on an Air Canada ticket via Heathrow, I would have access to the Senator Lounge with Lufthansa and the Air Canada lounge.

Aer Lingus's partners are listed here: https://www.aerlingus.com/plan-and-book/plan/our-airline-partners/ So as a Conciege, you should have access to a BA or United lounge, for example if you are on an Aer Lingus ticket. That said, I can see there being some confusion at the door of either lounge as it would not be a very common level of status on the grand scheme of things.

ironclaw wrote: »
    I'll eat my hat if anyone ever gets an upgrade at Platinum.

Just on this, I was able to use my 1 Platinum upgrade and give it to my sister a few weeks back (I was flying to BHX the same day/time she was flying to BOS, so I brought her to the AerClub check in desk to check herself in as well, and asked could I give her the upgrade, and 1-2 phone calls later and she had a business class ticket.

Only reason I gave her my upgrade was because I was making Concierge that same week, and as I believe, I have a fresh 4 upgrades available to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Platinum gets you partner airline lounge access

Me thinks not, its merely access to third party lounges at outstations while flying EI.

If flying DUB - LHR - XXX which DUB - LHR is on EI on a BA issued ticket, with BA onwards. Then Platinum/Concierge have access (and this is fun to convince the lounge dragons)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Any members from Green who have obtained Silver membership? How long did you find it took EI to post out your membership card? Flying on Thursday and haven't got a membership card yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Any members from Green who have obtained Silver membership? How long did you find it took EI to post out your membership card? Flying on Thursday and haven't got a membership card yet.

Took about 6 weeks but just used the electronic card when using fast track etc and it was no issue. Heard it can be hit or miss though.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

It was three weeks for me

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Genius2013

NSAman wrote: »
    Have to say, not entirely.
    I have been conversing with them still missing a return business class fare to the USA and also another single to Europe which have still to be credited. 
    They did offer to put 200 tier points on as a gesture of good will, which I accepted but they are still missing quite a few tier points on my account..... seeing as the 31st November is the cut off date, I cannot see me maintaining my Consierge level if this continues..... not a happy LOYAL member of this service.

NSAman - can you tell me what number are you ringing? Have tried a few times to get through without joy. Thanks!

In case anyone is missing flights, a handy link:

https://www.aerlingusaerclub.com/MissingFlights.aspx

Both Silver cards I received took 2 weeks to arrive

Both Platinum cards they sent me took 6 weeks to arrive

Concierge card took 1 week to arrive

Silver card for the OH (ordered the day I became Concierge) - 3 weeks and counting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

The electronic version of the card will be enough to get you into the lounge and for priority boarding, for fast track security they'll ask for the card and depending on the security guard they'll either tell you they need to see the actual card and send you away or tell you that they need to see the actual card (next time), and let you through.
    It doesn't really make any difference because in my experience fast track security really only saves you a couple of minutes compared to the normal security queue at T2 Dublin anyway.

Cheers folks for that.

I forgot to add if you have a second person travelling with you can they avail of the fast track security / priority boarding? It didn't use to be an issue with Gold Circle. Obviously lounge is now just the card holder at silver level.

A few months ago a guy in front of me at fast track brought through his wife & 3 (teenage) kids on I believe only a Silver card.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭tanka006

Guys,

Notice on AL website there is no mention of any Lounge in Prague

However, i also noticed that there would seem mentioned Menzies Lounge?

Anyone know if there is AL access?

Thank You
    Tanka

No lounge in Prague, contract was terminated 3 years ago

Both Silver cards I received took 2 weeks to arrive

Both Platinum cards they sent me took 6 weeks to arrive

Concierge card took 1 week to arrive

Silver card for the OH (ordered the day I became Concierge) - 3 weeks and counting...

Mrs BoBandy's Silver card arrived yesterday (to the wrong address, luckily it was my mothers house).

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

In case anyone is missing flights, a handy link:

https://www.aerlingusaerclub.com/MissingFlights.aspx

Yes, but how do you get them to follow up and credit the points? They acknowledge the submission of the details but then nothing else is heard.

Tarabuses wrote: »
    Yes, but how do you get them to follow up and credit the points? They acknowledge the submission of the details but then nothing else is heard.

Every single flight I have submitted has been credited within 1 business day, can't fault them

Every single flight I have submitted has been credited within 1 business day, can't fault them

Lucky you.

Took them six weeks to do my one missing flight. As a result I did miss out on using lounge / priority boarding etc on my early October flight to LGW, back from BHX which I booked under a saver fare as I wasn't bringing hold luggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Neither leg from my last 2 TA flights and 1 euro flight had appeared after more than 8 days post travel, so i did a missing flights form for all. One (the euro one) appeared overnight, the TA ones took 3 or 4 days. 

And on the subject of Avios bookings, why is it so expensive in terms of taxes and fees ? A flight to Paris in early January will be 137 using standard revenue, or 8500 Avios + 134.50 euro. That's nuts. Does this mean that the actual flight is only 2.5 euros + 134.50 taxes ? I suspect not. So why the rip off on the avios option.

• Advertisement

Can anyone explain this one to me.

I booked a return with Aer Lingus, out bound was business and credited as such. Return was booked economy as it was a long trip date to date and I was expecting to upgrade to business anyway, just didn't commit at the booking stage. Anyway, I bid on the upgrade and was bumped to business.

However, before that flight was credited, I needed 180 tier credits to the next tier. Its now saying I need 131. Meaning I have been credited 49 points for a transatlantic fare in business (Class U if that makes any difference). Considering all the tiers are multiples of 5, how is that even possible? And why isn't it 125 tier credits?

Edit: Well, this answers it:

Will I receive extra Avios points or Tier Credits if I'm successfully upgraded?

We're sorry but Avios points and Tier Credits can only be earned on the original booking.

Link: https://www.aerlingus.com/plan-and-book/plan/upgrade-yourself/

Yeah, I think that's me done with Aer Lingus for good now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

However, before that flight was credited, I needed 180 tier credits to the next tier. Its now saying I need 131. Meaning I have been credited 49 points for a transatlantic fare in business (Class U if that makes any difference). Considering all the tiers are multiples of 5, how is that even possible? And why isn't it 125 tier credits?

Edit: Well, this answers it:

Will I receive extra Avios points or Tier Credits if I'm successfully upgraded?

We're sorry but Avios points and Tier Credits can only be earned on the original booking.

Link: https://www.aerlingus.com/plan-and-book/plan/upgrade-yourself/

Yeah, I think that's me done with Aer Lingus for good now.

I would be extremely critical of AerClub but I'll back them here. This is standard across pretty much all airlines.

This is standard practice

In fact on a U class fare you should earn zero tier credits and zero Avios. It was always a case of earn at the ticketed class.

BA would do the same, in fact there are certain airlines that sell business class ticket (not upgrades) which earn nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

My girlriend and I have flown with Aer Lingus over 20 times in the last two years and our tiers/credits are simply not getting updated correctly, despite numerous emails and calls and filling out all the nessecary missing flights. Just lasy week they credited us with 2.5 tier, when the minimum is 7.5. Any ideas what's the best course of action to get this updated correctly?

I can see that lots of people here have had issues too. How can this be so complicated? How don't they have a simple system which automatically calculates your credits correctly?

Question on fares and Tiers:

I need a small number of points to get back into Concierge - so my next european trip will get me there, but as its a personal trip i want to minimise the outlay of course.  So i could book a Plus fare out and Saver back, BUT if the Saver fare is only the 7.5 tier point one instead of a normal 15 point one then it leaves me a couple of points short. 

Is there any way to know prior to booking what class a Saver fare is in, and therefore how many tier points that i will earn ? Otherwise it has to be a Plus fare each way.

mx5ire wrote: »
    Question on fares and Tiers:

I need a small number of points to get back into Concierge - so my next european trip will get me there, but as its a personal trip i want to minimise the outlay of course.  So i could book a Plus fare out and Saver back, BUT if the Saver fare is only the 7.5 tier point one instead of a normal 15 point one then it leaves me a couple of points short. 

Is there any way to know prior to booking what class a Saver fare is in, and therefore how many tier points that i will earn ? Otherwise it has to be a Plus fare each way.

You could try an Advantage fare outbound.

Sometimes the Advantage fares can only be €20-€30 more expensive than the Plus fares!

You could try an Advantage fare outbound.

Sometimes the Advantage fares can only be €20-€30 more expensive than the Plus fares!

Yes i considered that option - but a Saver is 70 odd, a Plus is 115 odd and the Advantage is 185 - so a Plus each way is cheaper. Might try calling them tomorrow to see if they can tell me.

The fare class is available on the page where you select flights

Scroll down and find the Fare Rules link, a pop up will appear, scroll to the bottom

First letter of the block of codes for each segment is the fare class

W, Z, A, T are 7.5 points on EU flights

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Had the complete opposite experience. Should have been silver 6 weeks ago. Emailed them 4 weeks ago, having already sent in a form for a missing flight in June a number of weeks before. No reply from aer club migration (was told to email them on the phone and that flights can take 5 weeks to credit - when I said that was ridiculous the reply was "I know, I know").
    Waited 2 weeks and sent a message on twitter. They got onto aer club migration and said they'd be in touch. Another 2 weeks, nothing. Was flying the week just gone and booking more flights for next month so sent another message on twitter saying if it wasn't resolved I was booking Ryanair. Low and behold I had a reply within half an hour from aer club migration saying I was now on 300 points (should have been 307.5) and they were upgrading me to silver as a 'goodwill gesture' :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

Hi guys me again.

Just for update. Go into the BA lounge in Heathrow T5 with my Platinum even though I wasn't on an Aer Lingus leg either way. They seemed very confused but pulled out a lever arch and then said .. yep thats fine.

So my real reason for the post. I'll be in Concierge very soon and now have bags loads of Avios as well. Hoping to take missus to New York and was wondering if I use Avios to book the flights can I use my Concierge upgrades on the free flights? An just to throw the spanner in the works can I use the companion ticket as well :)

Finally whats the phone number to call if you want to see if you can upgrade?

Thanks

Advertisement