Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Interesting re LHR, the ticket was a simple LHR to somewhere sold by BA, BA code?

For upgrades call the Aer Club number on the website

Note, you cannot upgrade tickets purchased with Avios, given the pricing the best option may be to call in, verify they have the seats available and while on the call book a saver fare and get them to upgrade there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

Was a double ticket. Inverness - Dublin via LHR both BA flights with 3 hours in LHR. They pulled out a lever arch file went to the aer Lingus page saw the platinum card with a green tick beside it and said ok.
    Interesting re LHR, the ticket was a simple LHR to somewhere sold by BA, BA code?

For upgrades call the Aer Club number on the website

Note, you cannot upgrade tickets purchased with Avios, given the pricing the best option may be to call in, verify they have the seats available and while on the call book a saver fare and get them to upgrade there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Was in the lounge at 5.30 this morning and couldn't get a seat..it was packed..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

acer911 wrote: »

Yeah, crazy hour!! And I’d say the number of card holders is huge now!! As well as those with purchased lounge access!!

Their going to need a bigger lounge!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

I was going to use my points on a flight to Barcelona, when I relised the flights cost 13,000 points + €120, whereas a saver return fare via the website is €40. Pretty confusing - have all my points being collected in vain?

I guess it's more worthwhile to save them for transatlantic flights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭thebiglad

gawker wrote: »
    I was going to use my points on a flight to Barcelona, when I relised the flights cost 13,000 points + €120, whereas a saver return fare via the website is €40. Pretty confusing - have all my points being collected in vain?

I guess it's more worthwhile to save them for transatlantic flights?

Was the same in the days of Gold Circle - European flights often poor value for points spend.

Seat next to me was empty the whole time from 510-620

Monday morning tends to be very busy, thinned out rapidly after 600 as the LHR and AMS flights boarded

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I didn't see you there... 😀
    I've just started using it recently at this time and it's always packed so people sharing tables and sitting munching their cornflakes at the computer desks (does anyone ever use these computers?). I had arranged to meet a friend of mine who travels a lot on the same flight as me but he told me he's stopped using it a while back as he finds it too crowded.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭notuslimited

pmsurveys wrote: »
    Hi guys me again.

Just for update. Go into the BA lounge in Heathrow T5 with my Platinum even though I wasn't on an Aer Lingus leg either way. They seemed very confused but pulled out a lever arch and then said .. yep thats fine.

So my real reason for the post. I'll be in Concierge very soon and now have bags loads of Avios as well. Hoping to take missus to New York and was wondering if I use Avios to book the flights can I use my Concierge upgrades on the free flights? An just to throw the spanner in the works can I use the companion ticket as well :)

Finally whats the phone number to call if you want to see if you can upgrade?

Thanks

Unfortunately you cannot combine Avios with Concierge/Platinum upgrades. I am taking my wife to IAD next year and I booked a saver fare for me and then used the companion ticket for my wife so l just paid the tax. I then used my 4 Conc upgrades to move us up the front on both legs. The tax on the companion ticket was about €350. A rip off if you ask me considering the tax on my saver fare of €520 was only €100. I think EI is screwing us.

The good news is that you will notice a big difference when dealing with the Conc line. The staff are very helpful and will always go the extra mile to sort out problems. I won’t post the dedicated Conc number but you’ll soon receive it by the sounds of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bartelby

Hi Guys, My anniversary date is in a few dates. I have a couple of flights that have yet to be added and will push me into silver. I’m worried that they will only turn up after my anniversary date and they won’t give me silver status even though flights were taken in time. Did anyone have a similar expierence and what was the outcome?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

I used the aer lingus link given a few posts back to claim avios on flights that already had my aer club number and no joy that was last week
    Flights were 3 months ago

The hotel was done via the avios e store of hotels.com
    No sign of that either on my avios account after 10 weeks so I went through the missing avios route for that which meant emailing all details to missing avios at hotels dot com
    No reply after 4 days so rang avios who asked me to forward email to them
    4 days later no reply

It’s a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭trellheim

Hi Guys, My anniversary date is in a few dates. I have a couple of flights that have yet to be added and will push me into silver. I’m worried that they will only turn up after my anniversary date and they won’t give me silver status even though flights were taken in time. Did anyone have a similar expierence and what was the outcome?

Thanks

More or less same problem here. I have about 20 flights now added in 'Missing Flights' My rollover is in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know if they are processing these promptly now or what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭geekington

Quick update on 51st & Green - Aer Club members are entitled to use it. I'm platinum so might just be platinum and above but no bother or confusion. Can bring a guest too.

Didn't get a chance to ask about Silver members and if they can!

geekington wrote: »
    Quick update on 51st & Green - Aer Club members are entitled to use it. I'm platinum so might just be platinum and above but no bother or confusion. Can bring a guest too.

Didn't get a chance to ask about Silver members and if they can!

Not Silver, only Platinum or better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Totally called it :) And it's only going to get worse. They need to remove the first tier from having access.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

Aer Lingus has no current plans to join OneWorld, they haven't even made the business case

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/aer-lingus-has-no-plans-to-rejoin-airline-alliance-36320589.html

Does each leg of a return show up on your Avios statement ? I did DUB-SFO and return and only one entry is shown ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

trellheim wrote: »
    Does each leg of a return show up on your Avios statement ? I did DUB-SFO and return and only one entry is shown ?

Both legs should show up.

Both legs show up, along with the Avios earned for each leg.

is it only me or is there no way of telling how the tier points add up as its fking impenetrable

• Advertisement

is it only me or is there no way of telling how the tier points add up as its fking impenetrable

You can only guess that when the Avios transaction shows up, the Tier Credits have been added!

A monthly statement like we got in Gold Circle would be great, but seems way way beyond them at the moment.

Unfortunately that technology just does not exist at the moment and is unlikely to exist in our lifetimes because it’s just too big a challenge for the current genre of computer technology.
    The very idea that an account would automatically be credited with tier credits or points by entering your membership number when you check in online and completing the flight is just so fanciful it’s almost science fiction. It is for this reason that we are condemned to forever manually entering missing flights, constantly emailing them to process the requests and spending hours on the phone trying to get someone interested enough to try and sort it all out.
    The fact that airlines like Lufthansa, Turkish and a number of other airlines much larger than EI can successfully do this is pure fluke.
    When I fly Turkish, the first email I get when I switch on my phone after landing is from their loyalty scheme telling me how many points I’ve just earned for that flight and I also get a monthly email statement as well.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Aer Lingus has no current plans to join OneWorld, they haven't even made the business case

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/aer-lingus-has-no-plans-to-rejoin-airline-alliance-36320589.html
    Meaning the CEO hasn’t officially instructed anyone to look at it in detail yet.
    No way a cursory examination hasn’t been done. EI have the older data from when they left and no way that there has been no discussion of this.
    I guess the CEO is against it and thus no decision as yet will be their position.

EI is making good profits, OW is a huge expense in terms of IT (especially given the reason EI left OW was the IT integration costs) as well as management time, ticketing, revenue etc

All the OW requirements would cost money, but would they generate revenue, bearing in mind EI TATL is already running load factors most carriers dream off

Long term it is likely EI will replace ASTRAL and moves to FLY (the BA/IB system), OW integration for IT is basically done. But ASTRAL works, it rarely if ever goes wrong compared to FLY which has a history of large scale outages. Long term it will happen and no urgency.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Both legs show up, along with the Avios earned for each leg.

Well, in theory. But AL say that it takes up to 5 weeks to credit the return leg, which is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

I had a transatlantic flight in January. One leg posted about a week after the trip, the second posted just last week...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Arrived home this evening to a package in the letterbox. It was my welcome pack to Aerclub Silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Arrived home this evening to a package in the letterbox. It was my welcome pack to Aerclub Silver.

I should have 430 points now but i'm still on 180 and they don't reply to me or follow up on the calls i make :(

I should have 430 points now but i'm still on 180 and they don't reply to me or follow up on the calls i make :(

Welcome to 'the club'...

Strap yourself in, that's how it's going to be from now on.
    Fly, claim missing points, email, email, email, call, email, email, call, email, fly, claim missing points, email, call, email... repeat ad nauseum.

• Advertisement

Is there an email for them ?

Advertisement