Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

mx5ire wrote: »
    Interesting - i am waiting for the others half's then. I called them this morning and they sent a mail to AerClub etc, but no idea what the timeline is to get into Silver with the reset points, flight on the 28th scenario. It worked for you, so that gives us some hope !

My last flight was a transatlantic return on the 26th, and my points didn't reset until the morning of the 29th, so a flight on the 28th has to count towards the pre-reset total. Give it another few days you may see it come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

They are essentially a low cost carrier now in all but name, and AerClub is merely a token gesture to keep up the impression of a 'prestige' airline (a shadow of Gold Circle*)

*At a guess I'd say they are still using 100% of the old IT systems that came from legacy Gold Circle, and have invested €0 in the IT infrastructure of AerClub.
    Totally new IT for AerClub, thats really the problem

The root cause of the bulk of missing points is the airports beyond IE/UK/US/CA/NL don't' check you in on the Astral mainframe they use some random check in software and this doesn't link up with Dublin and it didn't in Gold Circle either

Its a complete mess and Aer Lingus knew about this and could resolve the issue easily if they bothered to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭geekington

My account just transitioned to Platinum, so once those points do actually post it looks like it works. Just scheduled my upgrade for January too so I'm a happy camper.

Can I ask how you did this? Got a trip coming up and I'm Platinum and would like to use this too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Noxegon

The fixed twelve month thing essentially serves nobody except the airline. It's a shame they don't use a rolling window like some of the other schemes I'm in.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

geekington wrote: »
    Can I ask how you did this? Got a trip coming up and I'm Platinum and would like to use this too!

You can ring AerClub on *1890 800 258‬, an absolute pleasure to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Noxegon wrote: »
    The fixed twelve month thing essentially serves nobody except the airline. It's a shame they don't use a rolling window like some of the other schemes I'm in.

That’s the kicker, I’ve just counted thirty eight flights I’ve done with EI in the last six months yet the cutoff for tier membership is some arbitrary date twelve months in the past, I was well on my way to making platinum in well under a year but they’ve just rewound the clock to zero. What’s also galling is how ruthlessly efficient they are at acting on that date but not so efficient when it come ensuring everyone’s account is correctly credited before that date. I spent weeks travelling without getting any of the benefits I was entitled to because it took them so long to process it. Even then it was only done after massive effort on my part. That’s anything up to four flights a week I’ve been taking with them for months, probably an average of €400 per week in revenue from my travels, all gone.
    I tried ringing them, no answer obvs, I can’t be arsed emailing them in the hope somebody might actually read it.
    Well loyalty is a two way street, I have four flights next week which I would have tried to schedule around EI services which would have been two connecting flights with EI, there’s no point now.
    From now on I’ll be rekindling my relationship with another carrier’s loyalty scheme and seeing how far I can progress in that scheme over the next number of months.
    In the meantime I’ll buy my own Butler’s coffee and enjoy the free chocolate....

You can ring AerClub on *1890 800 258‬, an absolute pleasure to deal with.

Good luck with that, you can only imagine the motivation the people on the front end of that scheme must have in doing that job. They must leap out of bed in the morning and sprint into work knowing that every single call they answer will be a complaint and every single email they ignore will be from an irate member.
    Couple that with the fact that they’re not actually in a position to deal with your complaint, they’ll tell you themselves they can’t do anything about it, they’ll tell you to keep writing to them and some else will eventually deal with it and they’ll also tell you that they know the system is a mess and that there are plans to change it, but they won’t be able to tell you when.

At least that’s what they told me...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

I think its because of the fact they were bought out by a large company who's only interest is making sh1t tons of money.

Aer Lingus now ranks very low in the IAG grand scheme of things, so why would they want to invest any more that the absolute minimum they need to to keep the airline viable. (When Aer Lingus was independent, it was fine, but now it's a very small minnow in a very large pond)

They bought it for an absolute steal (forgetting the LHR slots, they only paid €1.4Billion, and Aer Lingus had €700Million cash in the bank), its probably making them a small profit with minimal financial input, so why would they invest any more into it, when they have much bigger 'prestige' brands to worry about.

They are essentially a low cost carrier now in all but name, and AerClub is merely a token gesture to keep up the impression of a 'prestige' airline (a shadow of Gold Circle*)

*At a guess I'd say they are still using 100% of the old IT systems that came from legacy Gold Circle, and have invested €0 in the IT infrastructure of AerClub.

Aer Lingus is the most profitable airline within the group so no its doesn't rank very low.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

Aer Lingus is the most profitable airline within the group so no its doesn't rank very low.

Indeed.... stuff like this is part of the reason why ... you get the corporates in with the patriotic FF programme and then ignore them

MayoSalmon wrote: »

IAG made 975 million in profit in the first half of this year, Aer Lingus contributed 59 million of this, so yes it ranks very low in importance. Most profitable is a great buzzword, but in relative terms it is the smallest contributing member of the group.

• Advertisement

I think its because of the fact they were bought out by a large company who's only interest is making sh1t tons of money.

Aer Lingus now ranks very low in the IAG grand scheme of things, so why would they want to invest any more that the absolute minimum they need to to keep the airline viable. (When Aer Lingus was independent, it was fine, but now it's a very small minnow in a very large pond)

They bought it for an absolute steal (forgetting the LHR slots, they only paid €1.4Billion, and Aer Lingus had €700Million cash in the bank), its probably making them a small profit with minimal financial input, so why would they invest any more into it, when they have much bigger 'prestige' brands to worry about.

I'd like to think I played a small part in that...

I'd like to think I played a small part in that...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

IAG made 975 million in profit in the first half of this year, Aer Lingus contributed 59 million of this, so yes it ranks very low in importance. Most profitable is a great buzzword, but in relative terms it is the smallest contributing member of the group.

You saved me having to go look those numbers up for myself :D

most profitable, maybe yes, but still small fry compared to the numbers BA/IB do

You saved me having to go look those numbers up for myself :D

most profitable, maybe yes, but still small fry compared to the numbers BA/IB do

IAG is funneling tons of growth through Dublin and Aer Lingus...New Routes, New Aircraft etc are being pursued and purchased.

There is also serious progress being made to in relation to Aer Lingus code sharing with Ryanair for feeding them Transatlantic traffic. That will be a serious game changer so again your narrative that Aer Lingus is small fry within IAG is nonsense.

IAG is funneling tons of growth through Dublin and Aer Lingus...New Routes, New Aircraft etc are being pursued and purchased.
    There is also serious progress being made to in relation to Aer Lingus code sharing with Ryanair for feeding them Transatlantic traffic. That will be a serious game changer
    so again your narrative that Aer Lingus is small fry within IAG is nonsense.

I don't think anyone disagrees with the text I've made bold, there is huge potential for growth, and obviously they are taking advantage of that. However, BA's fleet is 6 times the size of EI, IB is 3 times the size, and even Vueling is double. The aircraft IAG have been adding are opportunistic purchases on pre-proven routes and at the EOL of an aircraft line that in the grand scheme of things aren't a massive investment due to the substantial discounts they undoubtedly received. EI is the smallest airline in the group in every regard(not including LEVEL as it doesn't have it's own AOC and is just rebadged IB at the moment), and there is no getting around that.

I don't think anyone disagrees with the text I've made bold, there is huge potential for growth, and obviously they are taking advantage of that. However, BA's fleet is 6 times the size of EI, IB is 3 times the size, and even Vueling is double. The aircraft IAG have been adding are opportunistic purchases on pre-proven routes and at the EOL of an aircraft line that in the grand scheme of things aren't a massive investment due to the substantial discounts they undoubtedly received. EI is the smallest airline in the group in every regard(not including LEVEL as it doesn't have it's own AOC and is just rebadged IB at the moment), and there is no getting around that.

My point is there not small fry in the IAG portfolio, yes of course they are in total revenue figures however big emphasis is being put on Aer Lingus within the IAG portfolio.

Again it is nonsense to say they "rank low". There are the most profitable part of the business.

In Willie's own word

"Describing Aer Lingus as the “trophy asset”, Walsh said that IAG’s rationale for purchasing the airline was the opportunity offered by its transatlantic network, the benefits from Ireland’s geographic position, both for Shannon and Dublin, and pre-clearance, which, he said, is the envy of a lot of airports around the world."

Doesnt sound like low rank to me....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

In Willie's own word

"Describing Aer Lingus as the “trophy asset”, Walsh said that IAG’s rationale for purchasing the airline was the opportunity offered by its transatlantic network, the benefits from Ireland’s geographic position, both for Shannon and Dublin, and pre-clearance, which, he said, is the envy of a lot of airports around the world."

Doesnt sound like low rank to me....

Willie's words of course were to a government panel, trying to convince them to sell the State's share in the airline.

Of course he'd say what he said.

Willie's words of course were to a government panel, trying to convince them to sell the State's share in the airline.

Of course he'd say what he said.

Eh that was said last week:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

My points disappeared even though my membership start date is May2017( due to a huge mess up on the transfer of my previous account) and my expiry date is May2018........this is mad ted!
    Going to stick with BA, even using BA miles on Aerlingus flights is better value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

I see EI are recruiting for an AerClub Analyst and a Tech Architect - hopefully a sign of some investment in their back room systems.

They should have thought of hiring for positions like that when they first announced AerClub 2/3 years ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

ImDave wrote: »
    I see EI are recruiting for an AerClub Analyst and a Tech Architect - hopefully a sign of some investment in their back room systems.

They should have thought of hiring for positions like that when they first announced AerClub 2/3 years ago!

I'd be pretty sure they did and the incumbents are leaving and they're just back filling. I doubt these are new roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Just logged into my account and EI have removed all my tier credits :mad:

Just logged into my account and EI have removed all my tier credits
    You are part of a large tribe welcome to the club

trellheim wrote: »
    You are part of a large tribe welcome to the club

When i called I was given an email: aerclubmigration@aerlingus.com

I only discovered after I made a new booking.

That email is a black hole and lets them ignore you.

Got a better one?

Got a better one?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Has everyone else got an issue logging into their AerClub accounts today - it worked last night, but since i tried at 10am this morning it wont let either of us login. Invalid password blah blah. I could login to my Avios account on avios.com though.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭iancm25

Has everyone else got an issue logging into their AerClub accounts today - it worked last night, but since i tried at 10am this morning it wont let either of us login. Invalid password blah blah. I could login to my Avios account on avios.com though.
    Same. Change password function also not working.

Consistent with the basket case that EI & Aerclub have become...

• Advertisement

Yup, couldn't log on from any of my devices today, it kept saying username/password incorrect, tried resetting the password with no success, like the loyalty scheme itself I just gave up in the end...

Advertisement