Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

mx5ire wrote: »
    Has everyone else got an issue logging into their AerClub accounts today - it worked last night, but since i tried at 10am this morning it wont let either of us login. Invalid password blah blah. I could login to my Avios account on avios.com though.

Yup, can't log in. Tried to log in to see whether my tier points had been wiped.

Yup, couldn't log on from any of my devices today, it kept saying username/password incorrect, tried resetting the password with no success, like the loyalty scheme itself I just gave up in the end...

Can't say it any better. Have simply stopped flying with them as a direct consequence of my experiences since the launch of AerClub.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AMR_83

Hi folks, great thread - first time posting. I've also experienced a number of issues with AerClub/Aer Lingus in the last year. Like others here, all my tier credits have recently been reset to zero, even though I know I was owed credits for previous flights which would move me up to Platinum. Will send an email, but I'm certainly not going to hold my breath!!

FYI, not sure if this has worked for anyone else, but months ago I had an ongoing issue and trying to get help from AL customer service (email and Irish 1890 number was impossible), so I tried their UK number (0333 0045777) and got through to an agent straight away on a couple of occasions - worth a try for anyone struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    When i called I was given an email: aerclubmigration@aerlingus.com

I only discovered after I made a new booking.

Ah the innocence! :D

Can't believe I'm sticking up for Aer Club but the tiers and points were actually meant to be reset to 0 in the last week of November - that's not an error.

My issues however are:
    • Not being put in the right tier from the transfer from Gold Circle in Nov. 16 and still not having that issue alone rectified 13months later (despite countless emails and calls and broken promises from Aer Club telling me it would be etc. etc.)
    • Their regular and consistent failure to add flights to my points total. Even starting from 0 as I did last November (incorrectly, see above) I still should have been platinum by May. I eventually got to Platinum in October (despite further "missing" flights from my total). Then last week I should have moved to Concierge with the last US flights I took but no, they failed to do it and now I'm back to 0 and in Platinum for the next year - again this is not including the "missing" flights! By rights I should have been Concierge about July/August
    • Their absolutely shocking customer service. It should take 1 call to sort the above. I've forgotten how much time I've wasted on email, phone etc. to be promised that the issues will be rectified when they haven't been. They will in my experience say anything to you and promise you the sun, moon and stars just to get you off the line. There doesn't seem to be any accountability or responsibility in there
    If I was the only person with issues I'd say it's just me and I'm extremely unlucky; but when you read the thread it doesn't appear that anyone has had the proper/perfect experience with the Aer Club system. How hard can it be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭trellheim

Got a better one?

No, sorry. I wish I did , I'm furious because I looked at flights and made a conscious decision for EI instead of FR.

Can't believe I'm sticking up for Aer Club but the tiers and points were actually meant to be reset to 0 in the last week of November - that's not an error.

My issues however are:
    • Not being put in the right tier from the transfer from Gold Circle in Nov. 16 and still not having that issue alone rectified 13months later (despite countless emails and calls and broken promises from Aer Club telling me it would be etc. etc.)
    • Their regular and consistent failure to add flights to my points total. Even starting from 0 as I did last November (incorrectly, see above) I still should have been platinum by May. I eventually got to Platinum in October (despite further "missing" flights from my total). Then last week I should have moved to Concierge with the last US flights I took but no, they failed to do it and now I'm back to 0 and in Platinum for the next year - again this is not including the "missing" flights! By rights I should have been Concierge about July/August
    • Their absolutely shocking customer service. It should take 1 call to sort the above. I've forgotten how much time I've wasted on email, phone etc. to be promised that the issues will be rectified when they haven't been. They will in my experience say anything to you and promise you the sun, moon and stars just to get you off the line. There doesn't seem to be any accountability or responsibility in there
    If I was the only person with issues I'd say it's just me and I'm extremely unlucky; but when you read the thread it doesn't appear that anyone has had the proper/perfect experience with the Aer Club system. How hard can it be?

Pretty much an identical experience to mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Say who and is it an annual thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

Say who and is it an annual thing?

Numerous posts on this thread alone. I myself even confirmed it wasn’t the 2018 date on the website but midnight on the 28th of November this year.

I opened the link to the thread and not the latest post and remembered something I had pretty much completely forgotten about. After the changeover last year whilst waiting to be put into the correct tier from Gold Circle I exchanged a tonne of unused points for Brown Thomas vouchers. I'm sure you'll all be shocked to hear that they haven't materialised either. Another reason to be p*ssed off with them!

• Advertisement

Numerous posts on this thread alone. I myself even confirmed it wasn’t the 2018 date on the website but midnight on the 28th of November this year.

So Aer Lingus deliberately misleading customers with a 2018 date.

I would imagine it’s unintentional, but rather it just inserts the date for the end of the membership year.

No, they're not. Read it carefully.

Trust me, I'm the last one to defend them as reading my posts will confirm; but the reset was always there and set for November.

No, they're not. Read it carefully.

Trust me, I'm the last one to defend them as reading my posts will confirm; but the reset was always there and set for November.

Still, bit of a bad thing to do, My flights this month would of moved me off Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

They shouldn't have reset any account that wasn't 100% correct, if there was even the slightest doubt on the accuracy whether by email or phone call they should have frozen the reset date until all the information was confirmed.
    Typical Aerclub, woefully inefficient when it comes to ensuring all points are accurately credited to customer accounts yet ruthlessly efficient at resetting to zero on changeover date.
    Somebody more cynical than I might be forgiven for thinking that this was part of the plan all along. Why should they go to the bother of trying to sort out your missing points when all they have to do is wait until the end of November and reset them all to zero anyway...?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭barman linen

Re the password problems over the weekend it look like there was maintenance as it is up and running today and there is a new section on the top right indicating the Tier reset dates and status level deadline.

The 'until November 2018 ' section is now gone from the wording underneath the 'card' on the left.

On a positive note - I was on the cusp of Concierge and flew on the 28th to get over the level - got my 'Welcome to Concierge' email at 4am this morning so it does look like they are working on those who are near to the cusp. Email sent last week was answered promptly and they did what they said they would do.

If you are several hundred short of qualifying I can't see them looking back at those flights.

Re the password problems over the weekend it look like there was maintenance as it is up and running today and there is a new section on the top right indicating the Tier reset dates and status level deadline.

The 'until November 2018 ' section is now gone from the wording underneath the 'card' on the left.

On a positive note - I was on the cusp of Concierge and flew on the 28th to get over the level - got my 'Welcome to Concierge' email at 4am this morning so it does look like they are working on those who are near to the cusp. Email sent last week was answered promptly and they did what they said they would do.

If you are several hundred short of qualifying I can't see them looking back at those flights.

Or possibly not on "the naughty list", i.e. anyone who complained more than once. :rolleyes:

They shouldn't have reset any account that wasn't 100% correct, if there was even the slightest doubt on the accuracy whether by email or phone call they should have frozen the reset date until all the information was confirmed.
    Typical Aerclub, woefully inefficient when it comes to ensuring all points are accurately credited to customer accounts yet ruthlessly efficient at resetting to zero on changeover date.
    Somebody more cynical than I might be forgiven for thinking that this was part of the plan all along. Why should they go to the bother of trying to sort out your missing points when all they have to do is wait until the end of November and reset them all to zero anyway...?

True, but really, given their incompetence to date, do you really see them manually going into the I assume thousands of accounts and checking this and putting them on hold?

My account hasn't been correct or accurate since the transition from Gold Circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Triple points on Real Rewards transferred to Avios during December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭Noxegon

thebiglad wrote: »
    Triple points on Real Rewards transferred to Avios during December.

If you actually get them credited...

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

They shouldn't have reset any account that wasn't 100% correct, if there was even the slightest doubt on the accuracy whether by email or phone call they should have frozen the reset date until all the information was confirmed

This is a very valid point however the whole system is automated now so doubt there much they can do here, mad I know. The program is a year in now and still experiencing a serious amount of problems which is quite shocking to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

So now with mine reset it's saying 'Earn 601 Tier Credits to reach Platinum tier'. I'm presuming 301 retains silver?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

fullstop wrote: »
    So now with mine reset it's saying 'Earn 601 Tier Credits to reach Platinum tier'. I'm presuming 301 retains silver?

I would assume so too. Mine says earn 1051 to retain Concierge, so I'm guessing if I only get to 301, I'll be Silver from November 2018 to November 2019, and likewise if I get to 601 for Platinum.

(Though I've already a cheeky 75 tier credits booked for flights on Thursday this week to get the ball rolling, as I may not be doing as much air travel next year as I did this year!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I would assume so too. Mine says earn 1051 to retain Concierge, so I'm guessing if I only get to 301, I'll be Silver from November 2018 to November 2019, and likewise if I get to 601 for Platinum.

(Though I've already a cheeky 75 tier credits booked for flights on Thursday this week to get the ball rolling, as I may not be doing as much air travel next year as I did this year!)

I will be but I won’t be going out of my way to make sure enough of them are EI to Boost my tier status. If it suits me I’ll use them from time to time but nowhere near as much as I have been.

No you can only go gown 1 tier so in theory if you didn't fly again you can only be dropped to Platinum in November 2018 as supposed to going straight to Green.

Likewise in November 2019 even again if you didn't fly you would still only be Silver at that point and then finally Green in November 2020.

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    No you can only go gown 1 tier so in theory if you didn't fly again you can only be dropped to Platinum in November 2018 as supposed to going straight to Green.

Likewise in November 2019 even again if you didn't fly you would still only be Silver at that point and then finally Green in November 2020.

This would be great, where did you hear/read this? I haven't seen it before.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yeah I doubt that very much.

link?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Really ? That seems a very strange setup and very different to Gold Circle - i seem to recall that if you didnt get the 2400 points to keep old Green, you just dropped back from Prestige or Elite to Applicant status. Happened to me a few times over the years. I never recall having a 'soft landing'. Is that stated in T&C's somewhere ?

Yeah I doubt that very much.

link?

Lady in AerClub explained this to me on the phone. Also got her to write me an email explaining it fully as I told her there was no information online confirming that. She duly did.

So as been explained before, your tier is calculated on a 12 month basis and reset to zero and you call only fall 1 tier per 12 months.

Pretty good and as another poster said much improved from Gold Circle.

• Advertisement

Lady in AerClub explained this to me on the phone. Also got her to write me an email explaining it fully as I told her there was no information online confirming that. She duly did.

So as been explained before, your tier is calculated on a 12 month basis and reset to zero and you call only fall 1 tier per 12 months.

Pretty good and as another poster said much improved from Gold Circle.

Can you paste in the email? Would love to be able to confirm it with them myself and cite a source.

Advertisement