Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Just got confirmed upgrade for transatlantic flight tomorrow. There was 1 unsold seat & they released it to me for Concierge upgrade.

If you don't call repeatedly it wont happen as a matter of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

banchang wrote: »
    Just got confirmed upgrade for transatlantic flight tomorrow. There was 1 unsold seat & they released it to me for Concierge upgrade.

Well to be fair I never said don't call, I just said I don't see the value of calling every week, as I said it's only confirmed once bid to upgrades are processed(three to six days in advance), so in the day or two before the flight, as you've just confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

Anyone had any luck with getting their tier credits re-instated because of their stupid Aerclub landing page give the wrong information for months? Following my re-zero of credits last week and my own fault some could say for not knowing that they would be reset to zero on my anniversary. Every time I logged in I was greeted with the image in the attached which clearly says .... I need to earn another 149 points by 6/12/18 to reach Concierge. That screengrab was taken 2 weeks ago and we all know what happens on the anniversary. I've emailed them but nada yet. Anyone else had the screengrab as proof and had any success ?

Hit Platinum just over two weeks ago, no card received yet of course, just after checking in for a flight tomorrow and despite the App and website showing Platinum my ticket says SILV beside my AerClub number? Has anyone else seen this before? Travelling with someone and while I can show the card in the app at the lounge in DUB I’m worried the attendants at the lounge in AMS won’t be so accommodating.

I’m hoping Fast Track in DUB will let us both through if I show them the Platinum card in the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Hit Platinum just over two weeks ago, no card received yet of course, just after checking in for a flight tomorrow and despite the App and website showing Platinum my ticket says SILV beside my AerClub number? Has anyone else seen this before? Travelling with someone and while I can show the card at the lounge in DUB I’m worried the attendants at the lounge in AMS won’t be so accommodating.

I’m hoping Fast Track in DUB will let us both through if I show them the Platinum card in the app?

I had to use the app for my last flight as my silver card hadn't arrived and I had no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Hit Platinum just over two weeks ago, no card received yet of course, just after checking in for a flight tomorrow and despite the App and website showing Platinum my ticket says SILV beside my AerClub number? Has anyone else seen this before? Travelling with someone and while I can show the card in the app at the lounge in DUB I’m worried the attendants at the lounge in AMS won’t be so accommodating.

You were sliver when you booked the ticket, this is a fairly common issue with multiple airlines programs

The card in the app should be sufficient

You were sliver when you booked the ticket, this is a fairly common issue with multiple airlines programs

The card in the app should be sufficient

I actually wasn’t, only booked the flights a week ago.

Fast track let us both through this morning, however she suggested I ‘should have the card next time’, hopefully I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mmclo

Just joining the madness. Had 26 flights in 2017 (membership is new but more or less calendar year). Only 9 are in I think, I'm going on the Avios points display.

How do I know if I've been credited for both legs of a return? Often one leg was economy but other flex, can I tell form Avios points?

More annoyingly when I go to enter missed flights often it won't let me and says the date is incorrect. I could see how this might happen if the return is counted but for some flights they aren't there and I can't enter them in the missing flights page.

Has anybody thought about contacting the consumer and competition authority. Seems AL are in breach of the supply of goods and service act or maybe the small claims court if they don't honour the terms of the scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

On the topics of upgrades, anyone been upgraded as a bog standard silver?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Interesting - business class was 75% empty on this flight, & yet they would not confirm the Concierge upgrade to me until the day before travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

Interesting - business class was 75% empty on this flight, & yet they would not confirm the Concierge upgrade to me until the day before travel.
    Not quite the same but i was flying back in a very low season time (a tuesday in feburary) and around a week before departure the economy seats were still at pretty much base level around E200 for the JFK-DUB leg, but business class was something like 3k. It was a work trip but i had nothing on the day i arrived so hard to justify the 3k so i flew economy, but booked the preferred seating in the front row of economy. There was around 4 people in the biz seats. I couldn't believe it given the price. As service went on i noticed there only seemed to be one cabin crew dealing with the biz passengers. I wonder if they have an operational minimum of people needed that they can run a 1 crew service up front, whilst obviously still hitting their legal number of cabin crew for the flight in economy?

On a separate note, was a solid silver for the last 3-4 years in GC and last year in Aerclub, had 362.5 credits (not sure why the funny number) on November 30th, which should have kept me silver, but on reset i got dumped back to green. I have logged several calls already, to be fair the lady in the US helpdesk has been helpful, even totting through my flights from the avios log and agreeing it looks like i have well over the threshold, but all she can do is send emails to the aerclub desk for me. I have the Bank of Ireland gold visa which gives me lounge access so it doesn't really change a huge pile for me, just annoying that i thought i would stay silver so i booked my next few batches of transatlantic with EI when I'm not far off gold with flying blue and could have gone Delta if id known EI were going to screw me.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,535 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The limited range of BOI cards getting access is an odd one. I can't get gold as a private customer, but I can get platinum which would imply higher in everything else in the world. Still get travel insurance but no lounge / fast track

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭sailing

Moved up tier at the end of November, Still waiting to receive card etc. Does anyone know how long this normally takes?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

sailing wrote: »
    Moved up tier at the end of November, Still waiting to receive card etc. Does anyone know how long this normally takes?

The 2 Silver cards I was sent took 2 weeks to arrive, the 2 Platinum cards they sent both took 6 weeks to arrive, and the Concierge card took 1 week to arrive, and when I made Concierge, I got the complimentary Silver membership for the OH and her card took 3 weeks to arrive.

So pick a number between 1 & 6, multiply it by 7, and you might get your card somewhere in between!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Aer Lingus has 'no plans' to rejoin airline alliance

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/aer-lingus-has-no-plans-to-rejoin-airline-alliance-36320589.html

Stephen Kavanagh casting doubt on EI going back into One World. Willie Walsh previously said this would happen.

Personally, I hope EI do end up rejoining One World.

I’m the same, messaged them on Twitter on Monday and they say 21 days, which has now passed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Took about 6 weeks for mine to arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

So i am 17.5 credits short of moving into Platinum and took two flights on Monday which would be 25 credits each but they are yet to be credited to my account. My anniversary date is the 2 of Jan, what do you thing the likelihood of these been credited before 2 of Jan and do you think i should get onto Aer Club now to try and push them along? Probably wishful thinking on my part that they would actually do anything about it if the general consensus from this thread is anything to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

fullstop wrote: »
    Took about 6 weeks for mine to arrive

Mine was about 6 weeks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Two weeks for the card to arrive from the date they estimated I made Silver but about five weeks after I actually made it... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

acer911 wrote: »
    So i am 17.5 credits short of moving into Platinum and took two flights on Monday which would be 25 credits each but they are yet to be credited to my account. My anniversary date is the 2 of Jan, what do you thing the likelihood of these been credited before 2 of Jan and do you think i should get onto Aer Club now to try and push them along? Probably wishful thinking on my part that they would actually do anything about it if the general consensus from this thread is anything to go on.

I generally find it takes 7 days for points /credits to appear. I reckon you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I generally find it takes 7 days for points /credits to appear. I reckon you should be ok.

I generally find it takes 7 months, twenty seven emails, forty seven phone calls and ten months of manually adding the missing flights for points/credits to appear and then they reset them all to zero anyway. If that’s your idea of how a loyalty scheme should function I reckon you should be ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭trellheim

how on earth can points be credited this week and months and months of missin flights still be outstanding its absolutely awful

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Druids

Hey guys,

Have people tried to redeem free flights with Avios yet?
    I'm trying now as my points are about to expire, but with Taxes, Charges and airline fees, I'm sacrificing all my points for what is effectively an 18% discount on the base fare.
    Obviously that's disappointing, but have people actually got free flights? Any better way to cash in points before they expire next week?
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Open a BA account

Transfer them

Book with BA

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭steve-o

Druids wrote: »
    I'm trying now as my points are about to expire
    Unless I've missed something, Avios don't expire.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

steve-o wrote: »

They expire after 36 months, unless you do one flight or transfer Avios to another member or buy avios or earn Avios through their eShop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

steve-o wrote:

Don't expire once there is some kind of activity on your account once every 36 months. You get an email warning you before they will expire I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

Folks, apologies in advance if this has been answered before but for Silver Tier can you access lounges other than the 3 Aer Lingus own lounges?

The website says:
    "Enjoy access to our Aer Lingus lounges in Ireland, London Heathrow and New York (JFK) as well as applicable lounges on our direct routes to/from the USA. This has been extended to include lounge access in European airports where available."

Does this last bit mean I can visit 3rd party handling agent operated lounges listed on the website also?

Thanks for your help!

• Advertisement

ddubs wrote: »
    Folks, apologies in advance if this has been answered before but for Silver Tier can you access lounges other than the 3 Aer Lingus own lounges?

The website says:
    "Enjoy access to our Aer Lingus lounges in Ireland, London Heathrow and New York (JFK) as well as applicable lounges on our direct routes to/from the USA. This has been extended to include lounge access in European airports where available."

Does this last bit mean I can visit 3rd party handling agent operated lounges listed on the website also?

Thanks for your help!

I have accessed lounges across Europe as Silver, never had an issue, have even accessed in Toronto and Washingnton DC as Silver, have never seen somewhere that didn’t allow Silvers access.

Advertisement