Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I have accessed lounges across Europe as Silver, never had an issue, have even accessed in Toronto and Washingnton DC as Silver, have never seen somewhere that didn’t allow Silvers access.

The KLM lounge in T3? On an economy ticket? I've been there a few times but it was always on a business ticket, which includes access anyway, and you need a stamp/sticker on your boarding pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

ironclaw wrote: »
    The KLM lounge in T3? On an economy ticket? I've been there a few times but it was always on a business ticket, which includes access anyway, and you need a stamp/sticker on your boarding pass.

Yep, KLM Crown Lounge in T3, on Economy. Told at check in to go to the lounge, card checked at the desk and welcomed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Yep, KLM Crown Lounge in T3, on Economy. Told at check in to go to the lounge, card checked at the desk and welcomed in.

Mad. Never would have thought that. I can't see them keeping that up for very long with partners. It would cost a fortune when every Tom, Dick and Harry is dropping in.

Is there a partner lounge in the likes of Malaga or Alicante, the major summer hubs?

ironclaw wrote: »
    Mad. Never would have thought that. I can't see them keeping that up for very long with partners. It would cost a fortune when every Tom, Dick and Harry is dropping in.

I doubt it’s costing them much more in Toronto/US than it would anywhere in Europe? I would imagine it probably works out cheaper per use for transatlantic given the higher ticket prices. I know I’ve used lounges in Europe on a number of occasions this year where the walk up price of entry was higher than what I paid EI for the sector.

Toronto was back in July, and coming back from D.C. at Thanksgiving last month I used the BA Lounge in Dulles as Silver, I was checked against a printed list and I was told I was one of only two AerClub status members flying that day(granted it was only a 757 and not a full a330), so I’d wonder how many AerClub status members are frequently going Transatlantic vs only European.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭trellheim

I received an email from them after 1 month delay stating that they had reset all my points to Zero . Beyond that it was not helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

This might be a bit complicated but wondering if it’s possible.

I have one aerclub account at concierge level, have used the 5 upgrades on TA flights last year. Account level expires in Nov 2018, still have the companion ticket available.

I realized after I reached concierge that there was incentive to keep going with that account as any points gained before they reset would be lost. New account is nearly at platinum level and likely to be at concierge at end of Q1 so was wondering if I was to buy an economy ticket to say MCO, get another one free as companion could I then use the upgrades on 2nd account?

I could wait til I’m concierge on the 2nd account but would like to book sooner rather than later.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 eamo_c

Has anyone used a platinum/concierge upgrade against a flight booked by a travel agent, and if so how did they do it? I called Aer club admin and was told I couldn't use my upgrade against flight made by an agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

eamo_c wrote: »
    Has anyone used a platinum/concierge upgrade against a flight booked by a travel agent, and if so how did they do it? I called Aer club admin and was told I couldn't use my upgrade against flight made by an agent.

What you can do is call the travel agent and get them to release control of the ticket to the airline, see if that works

I thankfully have the option of booking the web fare with my TA system so its not different than using the website but its a major gotcha if you don't understand how airline ticketing works

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Hi,

I recently flew to return to India with BA from Dublin. I put my Aer Club loyalty number in with the booking etc, and surprise surprise over a month later, I haven't been credited with the avios.

I've tried to submit a claim via the Aer Club page, but to no avail. Do any of you guys have a better way to contact someone to get my Avios on my Aer Club account?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Does anyone know if you can get guest priority boarding and guest fast track as a Platinium member? I can’t see it on the website but a colleague said he’s pretty sure that the Platinium membership covers this.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Platinium is good for guest for both

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

bikeman1 wrote:
    I've tried to submit a claim via the Aer Club page, but to no avail. Do any of you guys have a better way to contact someone to get my Avios on my Aer Club account?

Partner crediting isn't available yet and hasn't been since launch over a year ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Thanks MayoSalmon.

So this whole Aer Club is a mess still! Do you know if I get Avios on my BA account can I pool them with the avios that I have earned with EI. They really should sort the whole thing out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭trellheim

They really should sort the whole thing out!
    a motto for this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Platinium is good for guest for both

Thanks

Is this outlined anywhere?

Does it allow you to get into the lounge with a guest in, say, Madrid?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

acer911 wrote: »
    Thanks

Is this outlined anywhere?

Does it allow you to get into the lounge with a guest in, say, Madrid?

I don’t think it mentions guest acces through Fast Track on the Aer Lingus website (though it is available), but it does mention guest lounge access

I don’t think it mentions guest acces through Fast Track on the Aer Lingus website (though it is available), but it does mention guest lounge access

I've never had a problem with a guest at any lounge, even guested in the odd silver flyer having difficulty gaining access.

Fast track in Dublin has never said no to a guest for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

All my Tier credits are gone, set to 0. What's the craic there?!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Qualified fro Platinum (despite all my still uncredited flights but we won't go into that separate issue just now) last November. Still no sign of my card so emailed them earlier today. Got the following back:
    Thank you for your email. We are dealing with a high volume of queries at present however, please be assured we will respond as soon as possible.

The AerClub Support Team

:rolleyes:

Same boat here, was told to just request a replacement card on the website three weeks ago, still nothing to be seen

• Advertisement

sheroman01 wrote: »
    All my Tier credits are gone, set to 0. What's the craic there?!

Read back a few pages for your answer(s)!

Same boat here, was told to just request a replacement card on the website three weeks ago, still nothing to be seen

Another example of how unbelievably sh*t this whole farce of a Loyalty Club is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭NewApproach

So following approx 15 follow-ups over three months, they applied my missing points which push me into silver. Do I need to request the card or will that be posted automatically? How long should it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Should be automatic. Check your account in a few days.

Card took about two weeks. I used the app on my phone for the first trip as silver as the card hadn't arrived yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Have enough points to purchase next trip with Avios. Question is will I still quality for tier credits, if not I am going to hold off and pay.

My new card arrived today......over 2 months after I advanced into the next tier (that's by their system now, not including all the missing flights etc.) and 2 follow-ups. Joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Jane1012

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Have enough points to purchase next trip with Avios. Question is will I still quality for tier credits, if not I am going to hold off and pay.

No they don’t qualify for tier credits, I asked their chat support the same question last week

• Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Jane1012 wrote: »
    No they don’t qualify for tier credits, I asked their chat support the same question last week

Typical EI. First it was the reduced Saver fare classes and now this. Four star airline for something, most certainly not loyalty.

Airlines do not award frequent flyer earning/status on redemption tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,535 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It's becoming increasingly common for hotels to count rewards nights towards stay counts for status - airline schemes often follow. Rewards being based entirely on spend was done with hotel chains first

Clearly you get no reward value for something that cost 0 on those hotel schemes, just status

Advertisement