Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Jamie2k9 wrote:
    Have enough points to purchase next trip with Avios. Question is will I still quality for tier credits, if not I am going to hold off and pay.

You won't get any tier credits when purchasing a trip using Avios

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Great, even more people in the lounges, and an even bigger priority boarding queue!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Great, even more people in the lounges, and an even bigger priority boarding queue!!

Dublin lounge has thinned out a bit with the 51st state lounge taking the TATL load. Its pretty dead between 0800-1500 these days

Since the card will replace the existing BOI offering shouldn't be any sum gain in numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

Dublin lounge has thinned out a bit with the 51st state lounge taking the TATL load. Its pretty dead between 0800-1500 these days

Since the card will replace the existing BOI offering shouldn't be any sum gain in numbers.
    BOI is currently a business card right? If it's a like for like replacement then yeah, but if they open it to personal customers like all the US or even the BA co-brand cards you could see a lot taking it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Airlines do not award frequent flyer earning/status on redemption tickets

Considering I am paying a major amount of "charges" I expected something better.

• Advertisement

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Considering I am paying a major amount of "charges" I expected something better.

Well no other airline does, so why expect something different

There is some light at the end of the tunnel, if you use the upgrade voucher if Platinum or better, then you still get the tier credits due for the fare booked and the avios even though the business class is booked into the non earning class

Well no other airline does, so why expect something different

There is some light at the end of the tunnel, if you use the upgrade voucher if Platinum or better, then you still get the tier credits due for the fare booked and the avios even though the business class is booked into the non earning class

Other airlines have a much better system for loyalty in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

So following approx 15 follow-ups over three months, they applied my missing points which push me into silver. Do I need to request the card or will that be posted automatically? How long should it take?

You need to go to a witch doctor in order to find out the process that you need to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Care to elaborate?

I've linked my boi card to SuperValu and convert the points to avios. It works fine for normal purchases (10 euro = 1 point) but it doesn't always add the double points for the SuperValu purchase. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Other airlines have a much better system for loyalty in place.

120+ pages of this thread summed up in one post....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

PaulKK wrote: »
    Care to elaborate?

I've linked my boi card to SuperValu and convert the points to avios. It works fine for normal purchases (10 euro = 1 point) but it doesn't always add the double points for the SuperValu purchase. Very frustrating.

AIB premier bankers already have access to AC lounges.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

BOI premier banking account holders get 2 annual visits to the DAA lounges, and unlimited visits in Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Really.....which accounts,,,?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

Still zero credits of missing trips after 6 months of followups . They are a fking circus over there

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

• Registered Users Posts: 68,767 ✭✭✭✭L1011

These cards are not something a normal punter can get - BOI Platinum for regular customers has no such benefits - the annual charge pays for travel insurance basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

So it turns out Aer Club don't even know which members can use what lounges :rolleyes: Spent 10 mins on hold today to be told they didn't know if I could use any lounge at AMS, As it happened, I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Got this email from Aer Club yesterday. 500 bonus points up for offer.

"To say thank you for converting your SuperValu Real Rewards points into Avios last year, we’re giving you 250 Bonus Avios as a gift. This will be automatically awarded to your account by 21 February 2018.

That’s not all. You’ll also get another 250 Bonus Avios when you convert at least 100 Real Rewards points into Avios* before 21 February 2018. So you can bring your next getaway even closer.

What are you waiting for?"

Great, 2 packets of dried apricots!!

They are really rewarding my loyalty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Downgraded to Silver. Logged 5 missing flight claims in last 6 months and have heard nothing back. Pretty sure I would have requalified as Platinum.

2 flights in this New Year so far and only credited for 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭notuslimited

Well there’s a first. My flight from FRA on Thursday night appeared on my Aer Club account. That’s the first time since Aer Club started that I did not have to add it manually (I fly the route every week).

Question, check in at airport or online?

If you checked in at the airport did you get an aer lingus style boarding card or the handling agent one

Just trying to figure out of FRA has moved to Astral or they have actually fixed things

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭notuslimited

Apologies, my mistake. It was the previous week’s booking which I had added manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Apologies, my mistake. It was the previous week’s booking which I had added manually.

I figured it was too improbable to be true :)

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Aer Club is a such a farce, just paid 67 euro for a flight and its considered a promo fare so will only get 7 out of 15 tier credits. Normally over €50 is full 15 tier credits now it appeases to be over 60 or even 70.

Cheapest/easiest way into AerClub status.....

3 return trips in Advantage Fare to Kerry/Donegal from Dublin or vice versa, €317 per trip (using generic dates next week).
    €951 spent over 3 weekends (or 3 days if you want) and then you're only 1 Tier Credit away from Silver Status.
    Bonus is you get a day trip to Kerry or Donegal to boot!!

My work travel patterns are about to drastically change this year, as in I made Concierge last year, and will now probably struggle to achieve Silver for next year (currently on 125 credits but might still struggle to make the 301 I need). So if I am less than 100 points from Silver or even Platinum come November, I might take a cheeky little trip to Kerry or Donegal to stay in!

Advantage Fare also gets you Lounge Access as well as Fast Track Security at Dublin, so for anyone doing this from 0 Tier Credits, you still get all the frills of being an AerClub member.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,767 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Memories of Dublin - Derry being used as a BAEC run there

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Aer Club is a such a farce, just paid 67 euro for a flight and its considered a promo fare so will only get 7 out of 15 tier credits. Normally over €50 is full 15 tier credits now it appeases to be over 60 or even 70.

It's pretty damn poor alright, I do minimum 2 return flights from cork - Heathrow per month, for the last 4 months I've got 30 points each month. At the price of cork-heathrow flights I would have expected them to be 15 points each.
    At this rate I'm going to struggle to stay in Aer Club this year

Back in GC days, DUB - DUS, then when FR showed up AMS where you could return on the same plane without any risk, but you could never check in online so couldn't do it...

• Advertisement

lfc200 wrote: »
    It's pretty damn poor alright, I do minimum 2 return flights from cork - Heathrow per month, for the last 4 months I've got 30 points each month. At the price of cork-heathrow flights I would have expected them to be 15 points each.
    At this rate I'm going to struggle to stay in Aer Club this year

Totally agree, the minimum return portion of a LHR is 62.99 and was always guaranteed 15 credits.

Advertisement