Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

I have gone from being a big advocate of them who used to regularly recommend them to colleagues flying to the US in Business Class, to now telling colleagues not to bother when asked. To use language the the higher ups in Aer Lingus might care about - I have gone from being an advocate who flew with them 40/45 times a year to being a major detractor. And the sole reason for that is the introduction of AerClub.

One of the most annoying thing about the changes since the introduction of AerClub is their Customer Care. Under Gold Circle, you could be confident that an email or brief call would result in any issues being quickly resolved - Caitriona in particular solved so many issues for me. It's a disgrace that they made a conscious decision to make it harder to solve issues with the launch of AerClub given they appear to have made zero effort to resolve the long running issues that cause flights not to be credited.

Being frank, the willing acceptance of low standards and a lack of attention to detail on everything IT related leaves a bad taste in my the mouth given it's an airline.

I can 2nd that, I travel 20+ times per year on the Brussels route and choose the Ryanair option over Aerlingus now. In the past it was Gold Circle which kept me with Aerlingus now it doesn't bother me I take the Ryanair Plus fare so get Fast Track at both sides, Priority Boarding, Exit Seat etc... so only thing missing is lounge access which does not matter to me as I find the lounges very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

When you manually fill out the claim for missing credits/avios and it says 'Record Saved' is that it? No email etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭thebiglad

CardinalJ wrote: »
    When you manually fill out the claim for missing credits/avios and it says 'Record Saved' is that it? No email etc?

Yep, that is it.

I have used the form several times and unlike many posters here, my points have all posted, typically within 24-48 hours. Whether that is due to the missing points form or not, who knows.

If no points in 48 hours - fill in the form again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Wait at least 30 days before filling for missing points, then it seems to work well through the form

thebiglad wrote: »
    Yep, that is it.

I have used the form several times and unlike many posters here, my points have all posted, typically within 24-48 hours. Whether that is due to the missing points form or not, who knows.

If no points in 48 hours - fill in the form again.

Points arrived today, kind of.
    Got 666 avios for flight to Lanzarote, 255 for flight home. Also had booked exit row for flight back so it cost more, but far far less points.
    15 Tier Points out, 7.5 home.

It's not a million miles off but I don't get the tier credits. Progress, at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Anyone got a link to the form to fill in for missing tier points? My ones back from Brussels 6 weeks ago never materialized.

Also with Aer Lingus and their constant sales, pretty much every flight is just netting 7.5 at the moment, half of the standard cheapie flight rate. Knock a euro off the flight price, call it a sale, and halve the tier points.....

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭rio1

Yes, I’m nearly waiting for the sale to finish to book - I need to book 4 trips, they are not even decently reduced in the sale, a couple of euro, but less tier credits if I book now.

Anyone got a link to the form to fill in for missing tier points? My ones back from Brussels 6 weeks ago never materialized.
    https://www.aerlingusaerclub.com/

Great, thanks. Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

All missing flights - 15/20 over past 12 months have not credited after repeated filling in of form; result - as someone else said above - off to Ryanair Plus its a nobrainer if the route's there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Really seems like the EI Exec team are following an oft quoted statement from MoL in how they appear to view loyalty..... a credit card and a heartbeat is all they seem to want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

A little bit of an aside, but how many days before flight is due to leave should I be able to print tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

A little bit of an aside, but how many days before flight is due to leave should I be able to print tickets?

Usually online check in opens 30 hours before scheduled departure.

trellheim wrote: »
    All missing flights - 15/20 over past 12 months have not credited after repeated filling in of form; result - as someone else said above - off to Ryanair Plus its a nobrainer if the route's there

Odd. I filled in the form on Friday and by today (Monday) the missing flight had been credited. All of 7.5 lousy tier points.

Odd. I filled in the form on Friday and by today (Monday) the missing flight had been credited. All of 7.5 lousy tier points.

Indeed. Nevertheless have given up they've had their chance

Has anyone in Concierge used their companion ticket yet?

Receive one companion ticket per year to bring a companion with you on your journey. The companion ticket will be issued in the same fare class as the fare paid for by the Concierge member.

I'm thinking about a business class trip to NY later this year for myself & herself, and was thinking to book business for myself and get herself the companion ticket. I assume by journey, they mean entire trip? as in I book myself business return, and she'll get the same (just having to pay taxes/fee's)?

It might end up costing a bit more than booking us both in economy, and hoping to use the 4 upgrades depending on availability, but it's the type of trip that I want to 100% know I'm going in business, as I wouldn't be interested in going in economy.

Another reason is I could really do with the tier credits from a J return as I'll struggle otherwise to even make it back into Silver for next year due to a change in my job which has brought my travel down to almost zero!!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Has anyone in Concierge used their companion ticket yet?

Receive one companion ticket per year to bring a companion with you on your journey. The companion ticket will be issued in the same fare class as the fare paid for by the Concierge member.

I'm thinking about a business class trip to NY later this year for myself & herself, and was thinking to book business for myself and get herself the companion ticket. I assume by journey, they mean entire trip? as in I book myself business return, and she'll get the same (just having to pay taxes/fee's)?

It might end up costing a bit more than booking us both in economy, and hoping to use the 4 upgrades depending on availability, but it's the type of trip that I want to 100% know I'm going in business, as I wouldn't be interested in going in economy.

Another reason is I could really do with the tier credits from a J return as I'll struggle otherwise to even make it back into Silver for next year due to a change in my job which has brought my travel down to almost zero!!
    I haven't used mine either but i did ask them about it last year and they confirmed that they essentially match whatever class you have, so if i have a work business ticket i could get 1 business companion ticket too. Given my recent never ending experience trying to get confirmation on 2 of those business upgrades for my wife recently, you could be in the same boat, i.e. they wont confirm until close to the date of travel, which obviously makes planning really difficult. (As as aside, both of the legs that my wife did recently had half empty business cabins which makes the 2 days before travel confirmation of the upgrade even more irritating). 

You could call them and see if they could book the whole lot, your flight, other half's flight etc while you are the line. GC used to do that, but not sure AerClub can do that. Even if they have to 'go upstairs' to Revenue, they might turn it around quickly if there is a revenue paying business fare (yours) attached.

mx5ire wrote: »
    You could call them and see if they could book the whole lot, your flight, other half's flight etc while you are the line. GC used to do that, but not sure AerClub can do that. Even if they have to 'go upstairs' to Revenue, they might turn it around quickly if there is a revenue paying business fare (yours) attached.

The GC upgrades were great, you'd call them and tell them the flight you were thinking of booking, and they'd check the business class availability, and then confirm it for you there and then as soon as you booked it.

This whole 2 days before the flight is a load of nonsense. If I'm planning a trip where I want to use upgrades, I'd like to be 100% sure I'll get the upgrade, even if it meant going a day later/earlier, so be it.

Today I was credited with a bunch f missing flights which I entered onto the missing flights page in September 2017

I gave up contacting them about this some time ago.

I took them 260 days. I am not entirely sure what word you use to describe this.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Magnificiently inefficient?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Both of us are still waiting for flight credits (Avios only unfortunately) from TA United (Business) and BA flights from January, May and August 2017. I stopped holding my breath as i had turned blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Today I was also finally credited missing flights from over a year ago and have been bumped into Silver at last.

37.5 tier points for 5 flights.

Lord above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Besides actual flights,how else do you guys collect avios?

I did a transfer of SuperValu points to Avios to get the 250 bonus points they offered, but I won’t do it again,

SuperValu points are worth far more in actual SuperValu vouchers or as a €10 off your Electric Ireland bil.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

If you purchase something via the Avios Estore before the end of the month (excluding hotel bookings) you'll get a 500 Avios bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

I collected a good few at a Kildare Village promotion a few months ago. That seems to run twice a year.

As an aside, I've noticed this morning that the tradition of Avios posting before Tier Points has been reversed. I've been credited with TP for 4 flights last week, but no Avios yet. No issue, just an observation.

I collected a good few at a Kildare Village

Ah FFS!! I was in Kildare Village on Sunday and completely forgot about getting Avios!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

Ha, what a farce. Am missing a few flights, but have picked one particular trip from March. Have tweeted twice, logged missed flights 4 times, and still no sign.

Compared to Emirates, or any other airline in fact with FFP's, where you have your points before getting in the car to come home from airport.

If AerClub were an employee, I would argue it's been constructively dismissed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

trellheim wrote: »
    Today I was credited with a bunch f missing flights which I entered onto the missing flights page in September 2017

I gave up contacting them about this some time ago.

I took them 260 days. I am not entirely sure what word you use to describe this.

I gave up. Missing flights from November 2016 - December 2017. Chased them to the ends of the earth and back via email, phone, snail mail. Eventually gave up.

Solution? Stopped flying with them.

Advertisement