Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I gave up. Missing flights from November 2016 - December 2017. Chased them to the ends of the earth and back via email, phone, snail mail. Eventually gave up.

Solution? Stopped flying with them.

They’ve created the complete opposite of a loyalty scheme, I’ve never come across anything so completely unfit for purpose as it. Instead of encouraging return business by rewarding loyalty it drives customers away. I also got an email recently which deftly avoided answering the actual questions I asked (almost a year ago) but instead gave me a brief explanation of the T&Cs around resetting tier membership or something (I gave up reading it).

I’ve said it before but they’d actually be better off scrapping it altogether and having no FFP rather than a shambles like this.

I wonder where people stand from a consumer legislation point of view?
    People join Aerclub for a particular purpose (to collect Avios and tier credits) if they’re not getting the benefits they’re supposed to be getting when they buy a ticket then there’s something wrong. Mistakes can happen but I don’t recall seeing any threads on here about people being mistakenly given too many Avios or points yet hundreds of articles and posts where people have been left short..?
    If I buy a ticket for a flight I expect a seat on the aircraft, if I’m a member of the FFP I expect also to be correctly credited when I use that ticket without having to jump through hoops. If they can’t administer this program properly they should suspend it until they can.
    One simple solution would be to automatically give people the credits when they purchase the ticket regardless of whether they use it or not. Turkish Airlines must be about three times the size of Aer Lingus and they can send an email within hours of landing telling you you’ve been credited with the miles for that flight... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

I did a transfer of SuperValu points to Avios to get the 250 bonus points they offered, but I won’t do it again,

SuperValu points are worth far more in actual SuperValu vouchers or as a €10 off your Electric Ireland bil.

Depends on the amount of avios I think - if you get the treble avios for SuperValu points it can be worth it if you redeem points on a destination that tends to be expensive: summer holiday destinations etc. You also get a checked bag on an Avios ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭eusap

On February 1st 2018 I had 300 tier credits and was sent a Silver Card, which is not correct as I should of had 301 to qualify (no complaints here) but to get to Platinum level I should need 301 points more (601 in Total) according to tier overview.

But as they remove the 301 tier credits when they send you the Silver card, you then need to earn 601 tier credits to get to Platinum. In total 902!!!! Seems like false advertisement.

Just asked the question on Twitter to AL, not sure I will get an answer

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

eusap wrote: »
    But as they remove the 301 tier credits when they send you the Silver card, you then need to earn 601 tier credits to get to Platinum. In total 902!!!! Seems like false advertisement.

You shouldn't lose the 300 that got you to silver (unless they were earned over 12 months ago).

Your Tier Credits reset to 0 at your 12 month anniversary of joining Aer Club.

For me, I reset to zero in November, but the previous week I reached over 1,050 Tier Credits earned in the previous 12 months to qualify for Concierge.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭eusap

You shouldn't lose the 300 that got you to silver (unless they were earned over 12 months ago).

Your Tier Credits reset to 0 at your 12 month anniversary of joining Aer Club.

For me, I reset to zero in November, but the previous week I reached over 1,050 Tier Credits earned in the previous 12 months to qualify for Concierge.

Reply from AL, your points reset every 12 months, so you need to make it to 601 in the same 12 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Finally got an email saying 5600 Avios I earned through the estore would arrive in 72 hours. A Week later an no sign so more emails to them.

Tied to use the offer to get the extra 500 for using estore in May, but got no email when it completed. Previous times I have got emails when I've purchased through Estore, other times I haven't. Such a lottery.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,480 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

It really is a shambles. Just checked there. I'm missing around 13 flights this year (including a trip to Hong Kong).

Are there better loyalty clubs out here for travel that is 90% to the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,529 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Book on BA codes when possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Doesn't that cost a lot more though? I've often seen the EI flight to London at say €50, then the codeshare booked on the BA website is like €90 or €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Can anyone confirm if the BOI aer lingus card entitles you to use fast track in heathrow terminal 2?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Just checked my AL account in the last while and I seem to be credited with points on an ad-hoc basis. I think I'm missing six flights in total since November '17 to early May '18 but some flights in between have been credited. Bizarre. Another useless email to customer service I guess.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,480 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Are there any credit cards out there you can use to build airmiles etc?

BOI cards via SuperValu points at a very very low rate

• Registered Users Posts: 11 eamo_c

Up until now - any time I had avios missing, I also had tier points missing.
    I've had my first flight where the Avios were credited, but two weeks on - the tier points are still missing. Has anyone had this happen? Did you use the missing points form?

This is hit & miss at the best of times and wondering how to get the missing tier points credited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Saw this in bargain alerts and figure it could help people here:

Use code ONTHEGO20 for 20% off, valid on all routes.

http://www.aircoach.ie/

Multiples allowed, valid until November

• Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

eamo_c wrote: »
    I've had my first flight where the Avios were credited, but two weeks on - the tier points are still missing. Has anyone had this happen? Did you use the missing points form?

This is hit & miss at the best of times and wondering how to get the missing tier points credited

Fill it in. Takes 2 minutes and can't hurt. I got missing tiers (all 7.5 of them) added a few days later after waiting for 3 weeks.

eamo_c wrote: »

Fill it in. Takes 2 minutes and can't hurt. I got missing tiers (all 7.5 of them) added a few days later after waiting for 3 weeks.
    You shouldn't have to do it at all regardless of how long it takes...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭NewApproach

What frustrates me is that there isn't even a breakdown of the Tier Credits that are showing on your account, so unless you're tracking them you've no idea what's been credited and what hasn't.

Got the current gen replacement for the old Voice Of The Guest survey for a flight at the weekend - they now just have a ten point scale for what you think of Aerclub and no comments box. No need to guess why!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

L1011 wrote: »
    Got the current gen replacement for the old Voice Of The Guest survey for a flight at the weekend - they now just have a ten point scale for what you think of Aerclub and no comments box. No need to guess why!

Jesus

• Advertisement

CardinalJ wrote: »
    Finally got an email saying 5600 Avios I earned through the estore would arrive in 72 hours. A Week later an no sign so more emails to them.

Tried to use the offer to get the extra 500 for using estore in May, but got no email when it completed. Previous times I have got emails when I've purchased through Estore, other times I haven't. Such a lottery.

None of these have turned up. Emails unanswered. Kip of a service.

No point in planning on using the Avios Estore to build up avios for future use as you will have no idea if it will register the purchase or even if it does register it won't credit your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

For the last offer at Christmas time the 500 bonus points got added for me in the last week in February. Didn't have to chase them. If you can see a pending transaction in your Avios store history for your purchase you should be ok.

For the last offer at Christmas time the 500 bonus points got added for me in the last week in February. Didn't have to chase them. If you can see a pending transaction in your Avios store history for your purchase you should be ok.

You "didn't have to chase them" up but it still took them 'two months' to add them to your account...? :rolleyes:

My 'pending' transaction sat for months, then got an email saying they would be in my account in 72 hours, that was weeks ago.

The points that dont show up in my pending list sporadically turn up. In one case I was told I hadn't properly booked them and wouldnt get them but they turned up 3 weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Just an FYI for folks - upon checking my wife's account a couple of days back, i noticed that a BA based roundtrip to the US West Coast from May 2017 has just had its Avios credited to her account. The numbers awarded are odd, the outbound is double the Avios of the inbound, and the LHR-Dub BA leg was credited too. Also the EI flown leg to LHR was credited, after they told us last year that we couldn't have it yet as it was on BA issued ticket blah blah. 

On the My AerClub tab, the flights appear as "AER CLUB_YYYY_" rather than the usual "AER CLUB_XYZ123" - i.e. your booking reference. 

Anyone else seen this yet ? Does this mean that they are working through a backlog of non EI flights that they promised would be credited when AC was launched back in 2016 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

No luck here with several UA flights, my BA flights all go to BAEC as it doesn't contribute to status with EI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Thanks to poster on FlyerTalk forum for heads up.

Tier Credit points are now showing on the Aer Lingus website (My Aerclub section).

I know many will complain it makes no difference as points don't post anyhow but I am one of the fortunates for whom that is not an issue and it is great to be able to track the Tier Points as well as Avios.

thebiglad wrote: »
    Thanks to poster on FlyerTalk forum for heads up.

Tier Credit points are now showing on the Aer Lingus website (My Aerclub section).

I know many will complain it makes no difference as points don't post anyhow but I am one of the fortunates for whom that is not an issue and it is great to be able to track the Tier Points as well as Avios.
    Hmm, just checked again and i don't see that as described for a TA return last week. The flights are there showing Avios points, but i don't  see Tier points. Anyone else see them ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Tier points show on a seperate line to the Avios but all of mine are present. Have your TA Tier Credits already appeared in your total?

I flew to Washington 3 weeks ago and the Tier Points of that flight are showing in My Aerclub section.

• Advertisement

thebiglad wrote: »
    Tier points show on a seperate line to the Avios but all of mine are present.  Have your TA Tier Credits already appeared in your total?

I flew to Washington 3 weeks ago and the Tier Points of that flight are showing in My Aerclub section.
    Yes, i flew out monday and back friday and both tier points were credited by monday this week. The Avios didnt arrive until yesterday i think. But no separate line items for Tier Points. Maybe they also will take a day or two longer to appear on the MyAerclub page, but that makes no sense if i already have them in the big circle beside my card at the top

Advertisement