Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,696 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Anyone else notice they are getting the correct Avois points but the allocation for each flight is incorrect. One always gets more and one less even if the price is the same for each flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice they are getting the correct Avois points but the allocation for each flight is incorrect.  One always gets more and one less even if the price is the same for each flight.
    European flights always confuse me in terms of the Avios granted per trip, whereas US trips i find to be much easier to calculate. But none of the them ever give the same Avios points for both legs, they are always different

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice they are getting the correct Avois points but the allocation for each flight is incorrect. One always gets more and one less even if the price is the same for each flight.

I wonder if this is to do with different departure taxes per leg, thus different amounts of actual revenue to Aer Lingus for each way legs that have the same total prices.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Just emailed from AerClub offering me 2 additional friend/family lounge access passes until August 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Has anybody had issues with Aerclub lately? I am on silver and should be platinum and am showing 757.5 tier credits and -150 to get to platinum.

In another 6 weeks, I should be reaching concierge (and I am hoping to make use of the companion ticket or upgrades for a 10 year anniversary trip with the OH).

I've rung a few times, DM'd via twitter, etc. They keep saying it is with their IT team. But whats the use in trying to make concierge if they don't bother fixing it!

They acknowledge I am platinum, but won't send a card or anything out until the IT side is fixed.

I was just starting to think that they were getting better and now I'm back to square 1 again.

Anyone had a similar issue? And was it fixed?

Thanks a million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭trellheim

welcome to the party

trellheim wrote: »
    welcome to the party

I was a the person in the kitchen at the party for a long time. I was too busy ringing Aerclub and filling in missing flights form to chat to anyone.

But now I want to get to concierge to get my companion ticket.

Anyway, the post brought my luck.... there must be someone from Aerlingus on this thread as they brought me up to platinum a couple of hours after I posted..... However they reset my Avios to 0 (I had nearly 20,000).

So its back on the phone / twitter DM again today :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I seriously doubt anyone from Aer Lingus reads this thread...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I'm sure they do, just not anyone in AerClub.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

They have to be aware at this stage. I very much suspect they have made a conscious decision that it isn't worth resolving permanently.

I calculate that they have lost out on over 75 flights from me alone due to the AerClub nonsense. Actually gave them another chance recently with 2 return flights - only the outbound legs from Dublin were credited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

I calculate that they have lost out on over 75 flights from me alone due to the AerClub nonsense. Actually gave them another chance recently with 2 return flights - only the outbound legs from Dublin were credited.

Outbound credit immediately.

"European Outstations", which makes it sound like youre in space, take weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,696 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

My last 2 return flights were credited in both directions within 7 days of departure. Most others I know are not having any major problems getting credits now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

IE-UK, IE-US, IE-CA and IE-NL all kind of worked fine from day 0

Dusseldorf, Vienna, Munich etc have never worked

Any time I claim missing flights I wait 4 weeks and claim, within 2 business days the credits are there, put in 3 flights Sunday, they were on my account this morning

IE-UK, IE-US, IE-CA and IE-NL all kind of worked fine from day 0

Dusseldorf, Vienna, Munich etc have never worked

Any time I claim missing flights I wait 4 weeks and claim, within 2 business days the credits are there, put in 3 flights Sunday, they were on my account this morning

Sounds like a lot of fun hunting down missing points, imagine having to do it if you take four flights a week with them..?

If they can't get their act together to correctly administer the system at outstations then the very least they should do is credit you for the complete round trip When you check in for the first leg.
    Every other airline loyalty scheme seems to be able to manage it, it's beyond belief in this day and age that Aer Lingus can't.
    Turkish Airlines send me an email, often within minutes of when I land to tell me they've credited my account, emails to Aerclub go unanswered...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RockyDoodle

Dinkie wrote: »
    Has anybody had issues with Aerclub lately? I am on silver and should be platinum and am showing 757.5 tier credits and -150 to get to platinum.

How long did this take to resolve? I'm in the same issue and my colleague had a similar problem just a couple weeks back! Haven't moved beyond silver and I should be concierge by now.

How long did this take to resolve? I'm in the same issue and my colleague had a similar problem just a couple weeks back! Haven't moved beyond silver and I should be concierge by now.

It took about 2 months and multiple phone calls. Quite quick really when you compare it to how long it took me to get my missing flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭tnegun

Anyone have an email address for AerClub? Don't want to spend ages on the phone sorting out missing points.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

There was a resync of sorts yesterday, 15 tier credits which had vanished 3 months ago have reappeared and my account

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I had 7.5 credits reappear. They were ****ing around with anniversary dates a while back. Mine moved two days forward so I lost a flight that I had taken between the previous anniversary date and the updated one. Then it moved back to original a couple of weeks back so I got the credits back again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

They told me it will take 2 months for my tier points to be credited as I was flying into Ireland.

They will never appear unless you flew from the US/UK/NL anywhere else fill in the form after 4 weeks and get them credited manually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭tnegun

Does that mean if you fly from Ireland to the US you have to claim the tier points and avios manually? I flew return from Dublin last week and the tier points for the return leg arrived today but not the outbound and no Avios for either yet. Never realised it was such a shambols, looking back looking like I'm missing some from last year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

tnegun wrote: »
    Does that mean if you fly from Ireland to the US you have to claim the tier points and avios manually? I flew return from Dublin last week and the tier points for the return leg arrived today but not the outbound and no Avios for either yet. Never realised it was such a shambols, looking back looking like I'm missing some from last year too.
    You shouldn't have to, out of 37 EI flights last year to 15 countries(including US/Canada) I only had to claim Tier Points twice, once for Berlin to Dublin, the other for Paris to Dublin. Some people seem more unlucky however and have to claim most flights manually.

Gamb!t wrote: »
    They told me it will take 2 months for my tier points to be credited as I was flying into Ireland.
    Perfect, you should get them just in time for the September anniversary when they wipe them all to zero again anyway.
    If you’re really lucky you’ll just be a few points short of making the next tier so you can spend the last few weeks of summer desperately hoping someone will answer your query and add enough missing points to get you across the line before they swing the axe on you.
    They should not be allowed to reset anyone’s tier credits until they can confirm 100% that your account has been correctly credited. As it stands there’s no incentive for them to go hunting down your missing credits, far easier to just ignore you or string you along until the end of September when it no longer matters anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Perfect, you should get them just in time for the September anniversary when they wipe them all to zero again anyway.
    If you’re really lucky you’ll just be a few points short of making the next tier so you can spend the last few weeks of summer desperately hoping someone will answer your query and add enough missing points to get you across the line before they swing the axe on you.
    They should not be allowed to reset anyone’s tier credits until they can confirm 100% that your account has been correctly credited. As it stands there’s no incentive for them to go hunting down your missing credits, far easier to just ignore you or string you along until the end of September when it no longer matters anyway.

Which is why after 20+ years of flying with them I simply don't bother anymore. If they don't want me as a customer that's fine by me.

Gave up complaining and repeatedly filing missing flights/avois claims as I eventually realised I was just wasting my time. I should have been at Concierge Level last June (June '17), by September they still hadn't sorted it so I bailed when I was reset. The resetting whilst my claims were ignored was the final straw.

I haven’t bailed on them, I still use them occasionally but I just don’t go out of my way to use them like I did in the past. I got fed up with the weekly routine of manually having to claim credits, sending follow up emails (which mostly went unanswered) and even ringing them up when none of the above worked. I haven’t taken that many flights with them recently and I haven’t even looked to see if I’ve been credited with the points for those flights, I genuinely don’t care anymore, I already get priority and fast track when I travel on business, I buy my own coffee in Butlers and claim it back on expenses, I’m not missing out on anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Does anyone have experience with non-AL DUB-ORD options? Would like to try something else as AL are making it harder and harder to stick with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

For such a big airline in Ireland the current system of awarding tier points and then having to chase down missing tier points is a joke and discouraging.
    I doubt I will bother anymore either once my points are reset in september.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

RMDrive wrote: »
    Does anyone have experience with non-AL DUB-ORD options? Would like to try something else as AL are making it harder and harder to stick with them.
    Flew it back and forth on American in May and will be doing the same in a few weeks, absolute joy to fly with and usually competitive price wise, the flights are always on a nice 787, and Main Cabin Extra is a godsend.

Advertisement