Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭jackc101

Stark wrote: »
    Anyone else not able to login over the past few days?

Working well at the minute for me, that said, I never checked it over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Can't log in here either

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Downsey77

Can't log in here either

Me neither, have tried resetting password to no avail. Tried to login to Avios, says my account is disabled!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

tnegun wrote: »
    Anyone know when bidding for an upgrade closes for a flight?

About 72 hours before. That's assuming you have entered a bid via UpgradePlus. Bear in mind however that it's a third party company and your status has no bearing on the upgrade. Likewise, you get the points for the original fare, not the business flight. Hence if you had the cheapest economy seat and got an upgrade (Often done this for 50% the cost of a business seat), you'll get the points (if any) for the economy seat.

In short, a great way to cheaply fly business but it won't stand to you in points or status.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,529 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The SuperValu points multiplier for this mailing is only 50% extra, was double or triple some previous times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭NewApproach

I can't log in either - I got an email on Friday saying my account had been locked pending an investigation into a "potential anomaly"...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I can't log in either - I got an email on Friday saying my account had been locked pending an investigation into a "potential anomaly"...

I can log in no problem (My laptop saves the password and it automatically logs in).

However, I still can't get my points.... You can't have everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Did they make some change? Got a handful of new flights added to My AerClub Transactions history - pretty sure it is the flights I was missing recently after given Aer Lingus a chance again. The Tier point transactions appear to represent the actual flight date whereas the Avios transactions represent the posted date.

30/07/2018 AER CLUB_XXXXXXX_EI645_PRG_DUB_AVIOS - 232
    25/06/2018 AER CLUB_XXXXXXX_EI646_DUB_PRG_AVIOS - 454
    24/06/2018 FLIGHT NO: EI645 PRG TO DUB ON 24/06/2018 - 7.5
    20/06/2018 FLIGHT NO: EI646 DUB TO PRG ON 20/06/2018 - 15

The return flights were definitely missing. There 4/5 lag on the most recent transaction tells me something is up :)

However, it is this one that is giving me a proper chuckle:

31/07/2018 AER CLUB_XXXXXX_EI699_DUS_DUB_AVIOS 381

05/02/2018 AER CLUB_XXXXX_EI698_DUB_DUS_AVIOS 516 -
    02/02/2018 FLIGHT NO: EI699 DUS TO DUB ON 02/02/2018 - 25
    30/01/2018 FLIGHT NO: EI698 DUB TO DUS ON 30/01/2018 - 25

I am nearly certain that the Dus to Dub tier points and Avios weren't posted.

Anyone notice the same with their own account?

Edit. I actually didn't claim for any missing flights by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭crisco10

Did they make some change? Got a handful of new flights added to My AerClub Transactions history - pretty sure it is the flights I was missing recently after given Aer Lingus a chance again. The Tier point transactions appear to represent the actual flight date whereas the Avios transactions represent the posted date.

30/07/2018 AER CLUB_XXXXXXX_EI645_PRG_DUB_AVIOS - 232
    25/06/2018 AER CLUB_XXXXXXX_EI646_DUB_PRG_AVIOS - 454
    24/06/2018 FLIGHT NO: EI645 PRG TO DUB ON 24/06/2018 - 7.5
    20/06/2018 FLIGHT NO: EI646 DUB TO PRG ON 20/06/2018 - 15

The return flights were definitely missing. There 4/5 lag on the most recent transaction tells me something is up :)

However, it is this one that is giving me a proper chuckle:

31/07/2018 AER CLUB_XXXXXX_EI699_DUS_DUB_AVIOS 381

05/02/2018 AER CLUB_XXXXX_EI698_DUB_DUS_AVIOS 516 -
    02/02/2018 FLIGHT NO: EI699 DUS TO DUB ON 02/02/2018 - 25
    30/01/2018 FLIGHT NO: EI698 DUB TO DUS ON 30/01/2018 - 25

I am nearly certain that the Dus to Dub tier points and Avios weren't posted.

Anyone notice the same with their own account?

Edit. I actually didn't claim for any missing flights by the way.

I didn't even know you could look at transaction history for tier credits! I always just sleuthed it from avios transactions...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,420 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I just cannot register, I sign into my account, then says lets set you up..do everything and then it says cannot be completed.

AL have not replied to anything i have asked..

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

My tier credits seem to be added in a few days before Avios points. Hard to keep track as that makes them all over the place with flights happening in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Just started my points collection journey, are there no credit cards we can sign up to in Ireland that accumulate points?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Just started my points collection journey, are there no credit cards we can sign up to in Ireland that accumulate points?

Only bank of Ireland linked via Supervalu Rewards points

You get 1 point per €10 spend on standard credit card purchases and 2 points per €1 from Supervalu spend on BOI credit card (Supervalu gives you 1 point and BOI 1 point)

You need to register the BOI card to your Supervalu account (you get bonus points for that).

Quarterly when the Reward vouchers are released they tend to do a deal for conversion from Real Rewards to Avios - the current one is poor at 1.5 Avios per Supervalu point but it has been at 3. You can transfer you Real Rewards points at any time at a 1:1 rate

In the absence of any other cards its an ok option (especially if you shop in Supervalu already).

• Registered Users Posts: 68,529 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The reality is that since interchange rates were cut, cashback or points cards are going to tiny payouts across the board. So don't expect more than what can be got via that route

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

Triple Avios for Aerclub members at Kildare Village next weekend (8/9th Sept).

Register here: http://valueretail.rsys5.net/pub/rf

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭knockoutned

In the US, you can apply for an Aer Lingus Credit card through Chase, which offers a new card holder the potential to earn up to 100,000 points on activation.

All other options seem similar to the BOI card, though not sure why it doesn't offer the points incentive. Something that is lacking in a lot of cards provided in Ireland, but that is for a different thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

The tier credits on my app is different for that on the website....sigh....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    The tier credits on my app is different for that on the website....sigh....

Log out of the app and log back in, it’s a common occurrence

• Registered Users Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭blackwhite

So fromgoung to having to chase points to getting extra points.

I’ve Avios appear on my statement since Monday related to a flight i don’t recognise. Never had a booking with that reference, and haven’t flown from the airport in question in over a year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭geekington

I use RocketMiles for a lot of my hotel bookings and found this the only real way to earn good Avios. Majority of the time the price they offered was the same as Booking.com and depending on length the amount of Avios you earn can be huge.

Also found the reward flight booking on Aer Lingus not worthwhile and instead moved the to BA and used them there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Just had a DUB - MUC flight taken in Nov 2016 post 1407 Avios to my Aer Club account. I've long since taken my business elsewhere, though I'll shift 'em over to BAEC.

I’m visiting the Dublin lounge today for the first time in a long time (typical, qualify for Concierge and my business travel stops to almost nothing overnight!!), and I have to say it’s really gone to pot!!

The soggy pastries have been replaced with even soggier pastries!
    The brown bread has been replaced by a cheaper, lesser quality version, as has the butter, cheese & biscuits.
    No fresh fruit anymore.
    The cans of coke are now the big 330ml cans and are only mildly chilled.
    The pretzels are gone!!

The coffee machines are still sh1t (the ones that aren’t out of order of course)

But hey, at least there’s a pancake making contraption machine, to keep the Americans happy!!

IAG playing a blinder.

The pancake machine is new, sometime in the last 3 weeks.
    Someone appears to have deep cleaned the seats in the front portion of the lounge
    Quite happy with the 330ml cokes, no complaints here 
    The new opening time of 0415 is big help vs the huge queue at 0515

Having said all that, I was pleasantly surprised when they came down to me just before they began the meal service to offer me a complimentary tea or coffee for being a Concierge!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Having said all that, I was pleasantly surprised when they came down to me just before they began the meal service to offer me a complimentary tea or coffee for being a Concierge!

A complimentary tea OR coffee...? :eek:
    Well that's me sold...!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

A complimentary tea OR coffee...? :eek:
    Well that's me sold...!

Meanwhile at Lufthansa:

Sir, would you like to be collected at the gate and transported by Porsche to your next flight?

Even at platinum on TATL (or when its a cabin services manager instead of senior on a DUB to EU flight) I do get looked after much to the amusement of the passengers next to me. Its much more personal than what BA offer.
    I lost count how many quarter bottles of wine I got on the last trip to ORD in Y. Had first choice off the menu in business class on the way back
    To be fair the LH first class deal in FRA is amazing, but you pay for what you get 
    At short notice EI can be half the price of the competition

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Even at platinum on TATL (or when its a cabin services manager instead of senior on a DUB to EU flight) I do get looked after much to the amusement of the passengers next to me. Its much more personal than what BA offer.
    I lost count how many quarter bottles of wine I got on the last trip to ORD in Y. Had first choice off the menu in business class on the way back
    To be fair the LH first class deal in FRA is amazing, but you pay for what you get

This is interesting. It's very rare that I get any kind of looking after on TATL with my concierge status. I got a free paper a few weeks ago and a couple of times got a bottle of wine. So I'd guess that's about 3-4 times out of 35-40 TATL segments in the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

You're missing the point, people who are flying often enough to make Concierge are usually flying on someone else's dollar, price doesn't always come into it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

I looked at booking my first flight using Avios points but was in for a shock. The return fare on the Aer Lingus site was €89.96 including seats but no checked bags. When I looked at the same flights on Avios they wanted 13,000 points plus €95.47 for taxes and charges. So negative value for my points! How could the taxes and charges €95.47 be higher than the full AL fare €89.96?

I could not see on Avios if there was a checked bag or seat included in the price.

Advertisement