Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Avios fare includes bag and seats and I believe can be cancelled with a refund issued.

Much better try to move the Avios to BA and use the reward saver avios tickets if the cover your needs

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Well lo and behold - my UA TA trip from Jan 2017 just appeared in my account as Avios points - I have a Cathay Pacific trip booked for early next year, i wonder will i get those credited if i use my AC number, or best to let them go to BA Exec club a/c ? Will probably use BA Exec as at least i would get tier points there, though probably not very many.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

ironclaw wrote: »
    Meanwhile at Lufthansa:

Sir, would you like to be collected at the gate and transported by Porsche to your next flight?

Return flight on Friday,

got a coffee.....

............ and a Kit Kat

...your move Lufthansa :D:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 yuri_werewolf

I was wondering if anybody else has the issue using Avios eStore through Aer Lingus website.
    I can log into AerLingus website and see my AerClub details: numbers of miles, Avios etc. When trying to go to AerClub eStore on https://estore.aerlingus.com/ it asks me for login details, so I use the same as for Aer Lingus website (doesn't work).
    When trying to use the password from old Avios eStore - doesn't work.
    When trying to recover the login details on https://estore.aerlingus.com/ it sends me to https://www.aerlingus.com/html/forgotten-details.html#?forgotPassword=true -> which resets my Aer Lingus password, which works ok anyway.
    I have called Customer service yesterday and she knew of the issue but it hasn't been fixed yet.
    Want to book some hotels but don't really want to lose out on points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

I was wondering if anybody else has the issue using Avios eStore through Aer Lingus website.
    I can log into AerLingus website and see my AerClub details: numbers of miles, Avios etc. When trying to go to AerClub eStore on https://estore.aerlingus.com/ it asks me for login details, so I use the same as for Aer Lingus website (doesn't work).
    When trying to use the password from old Avios eStore - doesn't work.
    When trying to recover the login details on https://estore.aerlingus.com/ it sends me to https://www.aerlingus.com/html/forgotten-details.html#?forgotPassword=true -> which resets my Aer Lingus password, which works ok anyway.
    I have called Customer service yesterday and she knew of the issue but it hasn't been fixed yet.
    Want to book some hotels but don't really want to lose out on points.

I logged in OK just now.

I didn't know about that website, was wondering what was going to happen post 19/9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

They have definitely done something about missing Tier and Avios points....

In the hope that they have sorted it all out, I opted to fly with them again for a return trip to LHR.. Everything was credited to my account in record time.

As I posted previously too, there are missing transactions from nearly 12 months ago that have just started appearing without being reported by me:

23/08/2018AER CLUB_2XXXXX_EI0433_LIN_DUB_AVIOS 465

They have definitely done something about missing Tier and Avios points....

In the hope that they have sorted it all out, I opted to fly with them again for a return trip to LHR.. Everything was credited to my account in record time.

As I posted previously too, there are missing transactions from nearly 12 months ago that have just started appearing without being reported by me:

23/08/2018AER CLUB_2XXXXX_EI0433_LIN_DUB_AVIOS 465

On the opposite end of the scale, the GF and I are both missing avios and tier credits from a recent DUB-MAN flight while the MAN-DUB flight credited OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Can people login today?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Ok for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

Am flying TAL tomorrow and need to get some work done in the airport and was hoping to use the lounge. I had access with Silver to the 51st Street lounge but that was a summer promotion only right?

• Advertisement

Silver does not have access to the 51st, but you have access to the regular EI lounge

Thats what I thought so need to give myself 30 mins or so for preclearance

Just wait for the lounge to call your flight, they tend to have a very good estimate on the queue time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭micosoft

So am Concierge from last year but looks like I won't achieve the tier points this year despite flying more on AL. On examination it looks like AL has been crediting me half tier points. I have always selected Smart fares, not saver. When contacting Aerclub they claimed that they were value fares? I've not changed the way I book since last year so I'm more than a little annoyed that it appears AL have changed the rules around tier points. Anyone else see this happening?

On TATL its 15/25/50 points depending on the fare class, EI changed the fares late last year

Its a question of looking at the booking confirmations and the classes, if its A,Z,W,T,O,R get 25, others 50

If its was a saver fare the checked luggage will be zero (or the luggage will be priced separately on the confirmation)

My company booking tool will try to book the saver fare (no checked bags) unless I override and select smart

On TATL its 15/25/50 points depending on the fare class, EI changed the fares late last year

Its a question of looking at the booking confirmations and the classes, if its A,Z,W,T,O,R get 25, others 50

If its was a saver fare the checked luggage will be zero (or the luggage will be priced separately on the confirmation)

My company booking tool will try to book the saver fare (no checked bags) unless I override and select smart
    Yes. Had the same with my corporate booker. But this time to test it I booked direct on the Aer Lingus website and booked a Smart fare but still only got 25 tier points. You don't see the exact booking class during the booking process (just Saver, Smart, Flex). So basically it is not transparent what tier points you will get as far as I can see. 
    This is pretty much the final straw for me on Aer Lingus. Concierge has been a consistently awful experience for me but the above just seems to be a breach of trust.

I noticed that EI have changed their website and now don't show the saver, plus and advantage fares in three rows instead just showing the basic low fare.

A thumbs down from me and EI advised of such via their feedback page on the website.

Just curious what other folk think.

micosoft wrote: »
    Yes. Had the same with my corporate booker. But this time to test it I booked direct on the Aer Lingus website and booked a Smart fare but still only got 25 tier points. You don't see the exact booking class during the booking process (just Saver, Smart, Flex). So basically it is not transparent what tier points you will get as far as I can see. 
    This is pretty much the final straw for me on Aer Lingus. Concierge has been a consistently awful experience for me but the above just seems to be a breach of trust.
    Fare class is shown, click on the fare rules link at the bottom of the flight selection screen scroll down and it will show the fare basis, first letter is the booking class.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭blackwhite

The “new” three queues in Dublin Airport is some waste of time.

Announce “Priority Boarding for AerClub members, followed by customers who have purchased priority boarding”

Everyone piles into AerClub queue and the idiots on the gate wave everyone through.

Just scrap it if it isn’t going to be used :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭shawty

I have miles built up with BA and want to use them with Aerlingus.

Previously I was able to transfer/connect my accounts using - www.avios.com

When I try this now I get "Sorry, the details of your accounts do not match, please contact us" - but I am using the exact same details I use to log into BAE so I know they work.

I am then directed to this page - http://avios.faq-help.com/ie/en_ie/?label=contact - spoiler it's a 404 error - for contact numbers.

Has anyone experienced this? I've tried to contact Aerlingus but had no response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭iancm25

shawty wrote: »
    I have miles built up with BA and want to use them with Aerlingus.

Previously I was able to transfer/connect my accounts using - www.avios.com

When I try this now I get "Sorry, the details of your accounts do not match, please contact us" - but I am using the exact same details I use to log into BAE so I know they work.

I am then directed to this page - http://avios.faq-help.com/ie/en_ie/?label=contact - spoiler it's a 404 error - for contact numbers.

Has anyone experienced this? I've tried to contact Aerlingus but had no response.

I had the same experience. Make sure both email addresses for avios and aerclub are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭thebiglad

iancm25 wrote: »
    I had the same experience. Make sure both email addresses for avios and aerclub are the same.

And, name, address postcode etc are matched identically - I had this problem 1st time I tried to transfer points too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I noticed that EI have changed their website and now don't show the saver, plus and advantage fares in three rows instead just showing the basic low fare.

A thumbs down from me and EI advised of such via their feedback page on the website.

Just curious what other folk think.

Not a big fan but guess its prep for J routes in Europe, the T/A was a poor layout and this makes it better.

micosoft wrote: »
    Fare class is shown, click on the fare rules link at the bottom of the flight selection screen scroll down and it will show the fare basis, first letter is the booking class.
    Thanks - really useful. That was obtuse of AL and their "concierge" line was unable to give me that answer. It should be clear at booking what tier points you earn.
    I've looked at a couple of flight scenarios and the short of it is that Aer Lingus is now giving half tier points this year by ranking all transatlantic smart fairs as "saver" meaning double the flights to accrue the same tier points. I'm on half the points this year despite flying more on AL.
    Given that AL won't be joining One World anytime soon I think this will just accelerate me moving off AL to OneWorld and Flying Blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

I booked a trip with Avios to travel on EI.

What a mess the API, check in etc couldn’t be done online.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Does anyone know if the No1 lounge at LGW will accept the Virtual aerclub card? As in, I have proof of my Aer club status in the app but not a physical card with me!? Will the permit lounge access this way?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Locker10a wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the No1 lounge at LGW will accept the Virtual aerclub card? As in, I have proof of my Aer club status in the app but not a physical card with me!? Will the permit lounge access this way?

I’ve gotten into Gatwick lounge by virtue of a bag tag on my laptop bag before.

With just the app who knows TBH. In Gatwick they prob just want a membership number so they can bill EI for it.
    But then you could be unlucky and get a by-the-booker on the desk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Locker10a wrote: »

I was told that you need the actual card when I tried last year.

I never got one requested twice but just got more bag tags so I use the app or quote the number hasn't failed me yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I got 2 silver cards (in the space of 2/3 weeks), then got 2 Platinum cards, and finally 1 Concierge card! So I've 10 luggage tags in all!

Advertisement