Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Does anyone know if AerClub Silver members can use the Chicago terminal 5 BA lounge while travelling on EI flights. Its listed on the EI website as the lounge to use, much like in Newark, but i wasnt sure if Silver members travelling economy can use it. My other half has used it previously when i've upgraded her to business, but i wasnt sure about economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Yes you can, but its a dreadful dreary place where the 1990's still holds court.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

mx5ire wrote: »
    Does anyone know if AerClub Silver members can use the Chicago terminal 5 BA lounge while travelling on EI flights. Its listed on the EI website as the lounge to use, much like in Newark, but i wasnt sure if Silver members travelling economy can use it. My other half has used it previously when i've upgraded her to business, but i wasnt sure about economy.
    Yes you can, but its a dreadful dreary place where the 1990's still holds court.

you can use it alright, but as noted, it's awful.

One of the best airport food offerings in the world is just beside it, go there instead. http://www.rickbayless.com/restaurants/tortas-frontera/

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RMDrive

you can use it alright, but as noted, it's awful.

One of the best airport food offerings in the world is just beside it, go there instead. http://www.rickbayless.com/restaurants/tortas-frontera/

The margaritas are top notch as well (as least they were on Wednesday evening).

Agreed you are better off in the terminal than the lounge.

I hadn't the heart to tell the station manager what I thought of it when she checked me in, after all I was in Y and a J upgrade would be nice...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭micosoft

blackwhite wrote: »
    The “new” three queues in Dublin Airport is some waste of time.

Announce “Priority Boarding for AerClub members, followed by customers who have purchased priority boarding”

Everyone piles into AerClub queue and the idiots on the gate wave everyone through.

Just scrap it if it isn’t going to be used :mad:

Well fastrack is equally useless now. I was wondering why it was busier than the regular queue and then saw this thread... https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057886707&page=92

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭micosoft

Agreed you are better off in the terminal than the lounge.

I hadn't the heart to tell the station manager what I thought of it when she checked me in, after all I was in Y and a J upgrade would be nice...

In the US you have tiered lounges and the basic code share lounges are dreadful. Unless you get into Polaris Club etc often terminals are nicer. I also find that the lower rent lounges fill up worse than the terminals at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

micosoft wrote: »
    Well fastrack is equally useless now. I was wondering why it was busier than the regular queue and then saw this thread... https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057886707&page=92

That was my major worry when I saw that thread :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Stark wrote: »
    That was my major worry when I saw that thread :(

They actually had 3 lanes open at Fast Track this morning so quite a bit faster - of course with the ongoing Vodafone offer open to all for free, now lose the benefit of everyone in the queue knowing the process which slows things down a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

thebiglad wrote: »
    They actually had 3 lanes open at Fast Track this morning so quite a bit faster - of course with the ongoing Vodafone offer open to all for free, now lose the benefit of everyone in the queue knowing the process which slows things down a lot

Agreed. Very quick this morning at 5.30am with the three lanes open! Didn’t go near the AE lounge as it is like a cattle mart at that time of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

acer911 wrote: »
    Agreed. Very quick this morning at 5.30am with the three lanes open! Didn’t go near the AE lounge as it is like a cattle mart at that time of the day.

It was fairly slow at 4:30 yesterday.... but there were quite a few families going through which held things up - there was only 1 lane.

Well, when I say slower - it was much slower then usual due to people getting kids sorted, etc.

Hoping tomorrow might be a bit quicker.... think I might try and arrive a little later and hope the extra lanes are open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Dinkie wrote: »
    It was fairly slow at 4:30 yesterday.... but there were quite a few families going through which held things up - there was only 1 lane.

Well, when I say slower - it was much slower then usual due to people getting kids sorted, etc.

Hoping tomorrow might be a bit quicker.... think I might try and arrive a little later and hope the extra lanes are open.

They really should have a family lane like in T1.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Anyone know how to add your aer club number to a booking? I can't seem to do it when I log into my account, it just shows me upcoming flights that I had added at the time of booking.

At check in, either online or in person

The website shows flights based on the contact email address used, the frequent flyer number used is not relevant.

At check in, either online or in person

The website shows flights based on the contact email address used, the frequent flyer number used is not relevant.

Thanks a mill. So typical of EI to make things more complicated than necessary!

Its actually great as reservations made on other carriers, code shares etc appear in my account

So flights booked with KLM, BA, JAL etc with a EI leg appear which is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭NewApproach

If you book an EI flight through the BA website (and correspondingly, the BA codeshare), do you get AerClub tier credits? I'm looking at some flights and its cheaper to book through the BA portal despite it being flown using EI metal.

Avios yes, but you must book with EI (a 053 ticket) on EI flight code on EI metal to earn tier credits.

Its actually great as reservations made on other carriers, code shares etc appear in my account

So flights booked with KLM, BA, JAL etc with a EI leg appear which is nice

True, just a pain in the whole if travel is booked centrally rather than by myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

Anyone know about the pre dine option JFK -Dub and if it is in the EI lounge or a different lounge. Got my upgrade for next week and haven't availed of it before. Is it worth it for the late flight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

pmsurveys wrote: »
    Anyone know about the pre dine option JFK -Dub and if it is in the EI lounge or a different lounge. Got my upgrade for next week and haven't availed of it before. Is it worth it for the late flight.

It's in the EI lounge. As you come in there's a business class section on left and normal section on right. I've had it before when I was lucky enough to be upgraded and the food is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

Stark wrote: »
    It's in the EI lounge. As you come in there's a business class section on left and normal section on right. I've had it before when I was lucky enough to be upgraded and the food is very good.

Good stuff. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭NSAman

A quick question. Recently I was sent my prestige tags etc after having attained the number of tier credits needed. I have just received the number if tier credits for Concierge level. How long does it take to get the tags?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

NSAman wrote: »
    A quick question. Recently I was sent my prestige tags etc after having attained the number of tier credits needed. I have just received the number if tier credits for Concierge level. How long does it take to get the tags?

Usually takes about a week

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭shawty

It's only a matter of time before there's a "premium" fast-track! :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

shawty wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time before there's a "premium" fast-track! :eek:

That's be the airports decision, and not Airline related though!

It would then all depend on what level of Fast Track AL would want to give to their various members (Silver, Platinum & Concierge). I'd imagine if it did ever happen, only Concierge would get the premium fast track!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭rio1

Does anyone know if tier credits are added as at the date you take the flight or the date they are awarded. As in if I fly the day before my anniversary and the number is enough to bring me to the next tier level, will they be granted at that date or in the new anniversary year?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,696 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

rio1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if tier credits are added as at the date you take the flight or the date they are awarded. As in if I fly the day before my anniversary and the number is enough to bring me to the next tier level, will they be granted at that date or in the new anniversary year?

Flight departure date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Flight departure date.
    Plus anything up to six months depending how hard you chase them up...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

rio1 wrote: »

This happened me last year actually. I flew 2 days before the start of the new 'tier credit' year... and they were added to the next year.

Advertisement