Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

anyone know how long it takes for them to send out the Silver Card? Got an email upgrade update about it 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    anyone know how long it takes for them to send out the Silver Card? Got an email upgrade update about it 2 weeks ago.

My last card took about 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭jackc101

Any ideas when the next Supervalu to Avios promotion will be, I've built up a good amount of SV points and want to wait till there is a double or better offer on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

tomwaits48 wrote: »

About 3 weeks after the email informs you

You should show silver in the app (log out and log in) this should be enough for the Dublin lounge

Any bookings made after status changed should show as Silver on the app/boarding card if issued by Aer Lingus (i.e. all of IE, UK, NL, US, CA)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,529 ✭✭✭✭L1011

jackc101 wrote: »
    Any ideas when the next Supervalu to Avios promotion will be, I've built up a good amount of SV points and want to wait till there is a double or better offer on

There'll be a voucher mailing within a few weeks, all three big supermarkets do a pre-Christmas one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

82.5 tier points here after 11 flights this year.

7.5 tier points per flight, every time. Funny how the saver rate NEVER nets me 15 tier points.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Looks like I’m stuck on 297.5 points and I won’t reach 300 before my anniversary at the end of the month. Anything I can do?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Looks like I’m stuck on 297.5 points and I won’t reach 300 before my anniversary at th end of the month. Anything I can do?

Book a cheap return flight to Kerry or somewhere, just to get you over the line

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Looks like I’m stuck on 297.5 points and I won’t reach 300 before my anniversary at th end of the month. Anything I can do?

Weekend day trip to London or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Book a cheap return flight to Kerry or somewhere, just to get you over the line

Bear in mind that if you book and pay for it but don't actually get on the plane, then you don't get the points/credits for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,696 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

82.5 tier points here after 11 flights this year.

7.5 tier points per flight, every time. Funny how the saver rate NEVER nets me 15 tier points.

Saver fares need to be 65-80 ish range to get 15 which then makes it worthwhile getting plus fares when saver prices are less because you get 25 credits for maybe an extra 20 quid.

Stark wrote: »
    Bear in mind that if you book and pay for it but don't actually get on the plane, then you don't get the points/credits for it.

Yep, know that. Could do without flying just for 2.5 points.

No other way, real trick is fly out before the expiry and fly back in the next year

So fly out November and back in December, at least the second flight will count to next year

It is IMPOSSIBLE to get just 301, 601 or 1051

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Stark wrote: »

Also bear in mind that even if you do take the flight you might not get awarded the points either, and if your expiry date comes around while you're still chasing them to credit you the missing points they'll reset them to zero anyway.

The system will retrospectively assign credits and status will correct itself

Typically 5 days from flight to the system crediting for most locations

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Would a polite email or call be worth a try ?

How much you enjoy the service and earning status was your key motivator for placing your business with EI?

Try on a Friday afternoon not a Monday morning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Hard enough getting points that you're entitled to off them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Looks like I’m stuck on 297.5 points and I won’t reach 300 before my anniversary at the end of the month. Anything I can do?

I feel your pain. I'm on 300 and my status expires in 2 weeks. No flights booked :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68,529 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Donegal's lovely this time of year, pop in to Leo's for a pint and a toastie before the return flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭barman linen

PaulKK wrote: »
    I feel your pain. I'm on 300 and my status expires in 2 weeks. No flights booked :(

It's about 100 euro for a Kerry return up to Nov 28th - is getting over the line worth that ? YMMV but I would do it....fast track, lounges are well worth that.

• Advertisement

It's about 100 euro for a Kerry return up to Nov 28th - is getting over the line worth that ? YMMV but I would do it....fast track, lounges are well worth that.

Well, I'd have to drive to Dublin first to fly to Kerry. Shannon is on my doorstep but I don't fancy a surplus trip to London just to get points.
    I was onto them the other week and they sent me their record of my Tier points - you can get the Avios details on the website but not Tier for some reason.
    Anyway, after careful scrutiny I seem to have found a flight they missed out of Nice in June. I've claimed for it and if all goes well, that'll get me over the magic 300 for another year at least. Fingers crossed.

Well, I'd have to drive to Dublin first to fly to Kerry. Shannon is on my doorstep but I don't fancy a surplus trip to London just to get points.
    I was onto them the other week and they sent me their record of my Tier points - you can get the Avios details on the website but not Tier for some reason.
    Anyway, after careful scrutiny I seem to have found a flight they missed out of Nice in June. I've claimed for it and if all goes well, that'll get me over the magic 300 for another year at least. Fingers crossed.

If you are in Clare then start in Kerry !

Hope you make it up with that Nice flight !

Find a cheap trip to Gatwick and get the train down to Brighton. Spend 8 hours or so in Brighton then fly back home. Used to do that all the time (albeit with Ryanair).

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Saver fares need to be 65-80 ish range to get 15 which then makes it worthwhile getting plus fares when saver prices are less because you get 25 credits for maybe an extra 20 quid.

Tempting. I think I'll have to work this out a bit more. Only trouble is I'll soon be based in Cork rather than Dublin so can't use LGW anymore, only LHR which is more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

I know what you're saying but is spending a day of my time, paying for parking, driving to Dublin and the fuel worth priority boarding and lounges a few times a year?

Overall for me probably not. It's a sickener to miss the status by one tier credit though.

To be honest I don't know if I'll continue to be as loyal to them, I was on the hi-fly a330 outbound last time and it was awful. I did get the bump to J on the way back but they were 500 more than the competition for economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

I do understand the motivation - I was in a very similar position last year - just a few credits away from the next level. But the conversation above does demonstrate that these loyalty schemes really do work for the airlines. If the airline has customers booking (and taking!) flights that they don't need just to get to the next tier, then the airline must know that it is on to a winner!

As for the perks, I think they are somewhat overrated personally. I flew last week out of LHR and about half the plane seemed to have priority boarding. If all of this is important to you, why not book a plus fare each time you fly? (in doing so you will also reach the next tier more quickly).

Personally, I find the avios points more useful.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

revelman wrote: »
    As for the perks, I think they are somewhat overrated personally. I flew last week out of LHR and about half the plane seemed to have priority boarding.

I'd agree with this, however don't forget that LHR is AL's primary route, and as such, will have the greatest number of AerClub members per flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭rio1

revelman wrote: »
    But the conversation above does demonstrate that these loyalty schemes really do work for the airlines. If the airline has customers booking (and taking!) flights that they don't need just to get to the next tier, then the airline must know that it is on to a winner .

So agree with this. I was in a similar boat this year, but another work flight has just come up so I should end my year on 302, but I was thinking of a quick flight to Kerry also, despite the fact I’m rarely at the airport early enough to use the lounge and not too bother about priority boarding. They really are on to a winner.

rio1 wrote: »
    So agree with this. I was in a similar boat this year, but another work flight has just come up so I should end my year on 302, but I was thinking of a quick flight to Kerry also, despite the fact I’m rarely at the airport early enough to use the lounge and not too bother about priority boarding. They really are on to a winner.

But at the other end there are benefits - crossing the Concierge line gives you 4 free upgrades which has significant value to the user. If I was a few short of Concierge I would do a mileage run.

Luckily I am Concierge in any case and the upgrades really make TATL more bearable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭larry1

Can I spend Avios points on booking a hotel here in Ireland?

Advertisement