Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Also bear in mind that even if you do take the flight you might not get awarded the points either, and if your expiry date comes around while you're still chasing them to credit you the missing points they'll reset them to zero anyway.

Surely that doesnt happen, and on crediting the missing points, they correct the error and set the tier according to the points having been credited at the right time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

larry1 wrote: »
    Can I spend Avios points on booking a hotel here in Ireland?

Yes you can. Log in through Avios.com

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

They should let you transfer Avios for Tier Credits, for folks who are only 5-10 points off the next tier

say about 500 Avios for 5 Tier Credits or something

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

larry1 wrote: »
    Can I spend Avios points on booking a hotel here in Ireland?

Booking a hotel with avios is very bad value. The avios prices bear little relation to the deals you will find on trivago and elsewhere. In my experience, avios are better off used on flights (you will get good deals several months in advance) or upgrading to business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I'm very much a novice interns of understanding the points system so wondering if anyone can help here. None of the support links at Are Lingus responded.

I recently booked two trips to Dubai from Dublin (via London) with British Airways. I was told then by a friend that he thinks I can retrospectively have these points added to my AerClub/Avios accounts due to the AerLingus link with British Airways.

Anyone know of this is true and if so, how I'd go about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Very much doubt you’ll get Tier points but Avios should be ok.
    There’s a link to a form to fill out in the faq page in the help section.
    peejay1986 wrote: »
    I'm very much a novice interns of understanding the points system so wondering if anyone can help here. None of the support links at Are Lingus responded.

I recently booked two trips to Dubai from Dublin (via London) with British Airways. I was told then by a friend that he thinks I can retrospectively have these points added to my AerClub/Avios accounts due to the AerLingus link with British Airways.

peejay1986 wrote: »

If you have an AerClub account you can collect Avios through that (but not tier credits). However, you'd be far better off setting up a BA account - you would collect both tier points and avios there.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,529 ✭✭✭✭L1011

revelman wrote: »
    If you have an AerClub account you can collect Avios through that (but not tier credits). However, you'd be far better off setting up a BA account - you would collect both tier points and avios there.

And BA are one of the airlines that allow flights from before your joining date.

You can transfer the Avios to an AerClub account once they are credited to your Executive Club account should AerClub be where you intend to spend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 coolbreeze72

I just moved up to Platinum and my anniversary date is 29/11/2018. On the Aerclub website, it states the following regarding the complimentary upgrade:

"If you move up to Platinum before your next anniversary date, you'll enjoy one complimentary upgrade to be used in advance of your tier expiry date. Your complimentary upgrade is not available on reward flights. If unused, upgrades will expire on your tier expiry date."

I'm due to fly to SFO on Dec 1st so I'm wondering if I can book a complimentary upgrade now (before 29/11/2018) to use on the Dec 1st flight and them still be entitled to another upgrade to use before the end of my next anniversary date, 29/11/2019. Anyone done this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

How much are 11k avios points worth in cash/ real terms?

• Advertisement

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    How much are 11k avios points worth in cash/ real terms?

about £80 on BA (if buying soft apricots)

about £80 on BA (if buying soft apricots)

thanks. only realised I was accruing Avios points recently and just checking out the Avios website now, I can browse for flights no problem but the hotel browsing on the website is not working. I have linked up my super value card too and now that I am at the Silver Aerclub level hopefully the points will start to roll in fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I'm going in circles! Recently joined this aerclub thing as I figure I might get some benefit. I made a booking today but the in the passenger info part, I saw the Add Frequent Flyer with a green tick but when I booked, it didn't add avios to my profile. When do avios actually get credited? When you confirm and pay for a flight or when you actually take the flight. I have other flights to book and don't want to miss the chance to collect avios.

Hope someone can shed light, it's the only bloody info on avios I couldn't find.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭rio1

They get added a few days after you take the flight, you usually get tier credits about 5 days after and then Avios a bit later again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Anybody notice that there hasn't been a Supervalu Avios promotion now for several months? I'm starting to wonder do I cash in now for just shy of 300 points or do I continue to hold off for a double or triple my points offer that may never come.

Anybody notice that there hasn't been a Supervalu Avios promotion now for several months? I'm starting to wonder do I cash in now for just shy of 300 points or do I continue to hold off for a double or triple my points offer that may never come.

I've already cashed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭vertigo1976

Like a lot of people, my Aerclub anniversary date is coming up this month. I have a few trips to book before Christmas and want to maximise my tier credits for next year having fallen short of platinum this year. (39 flights and 472.5 tier points)

Is this anniversary date the last date of the 2017/18 year or the first date of the 2018/2019 year? i.e. if I travel on my anniversary date, what year will the tier credits be allocated to? I've looked through the T&Cs but its not clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭NSAman

Like a lot of people, my Aerclub anniversary date is coming up this month. I have a few trips to book before Christmas and want to maximise my tier credits for next year having fallen short of platinum this year. (39 flights and 472.5 tier points)

Is this anniversary date the last date of the 2017/18 year or the first date of the 2018/2019 year? i.e. if I travel on my anniversary date, what year will the tier credits be allocated to? I've looked through the T&Cs but its not clear.

Anniversary date everything goes back to zero.

If you travel on that date, the tier credits will appear about 5 days after so it will be in the following year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

NSAman wrote: »
    Anniversary date everything goes back to zero.

If you travel on that date, the tier credits will appear about 5 days after so it will be in the following year.

Shouldn't it not fall within the period you take the flight?

My expiry date is the 28th November and my last flight to maintain silver status is on the 26th.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,696 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Would think anything for this year only applies up to midnight (day before renewal). If they included your full renewal day it would be considered 366 days.

Only those in IT will give you the right answer.

• Advertisement

Shouldn't it not fall within the period you take the flight?

My expiry date is the 28th November and my last flight to maintain silver status is on the 26th.

I dunno, I am waiting for a month to get my concierge level back despite being having 1100 tier points this year... so who knows..;)

I dunno, I am waiting for a month to get my concierge level back despite being having 1100 tier points this year... so who knows..;)

Sent an email yesterday morning and hey presto, this morning I have been upgraded... seems a little strange that you have to do this.

Sent an email yesterday morning and hey presto, this morning I have been upgraded... seems a little strange that you have to do this.

Is it really that strange though? considering the absolute sh1tshow AerClub has been over the last 2 years or so..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Is it really that strange though? considering the absolute sh1tshow AerClub has been over the last 2 years or so..

This gave me a chuckle.

I still seem to be getting flights credited within a matter of days. Anyone else experiencing this, i.e. I am no longer having issues with the majority of flights missing. Tier point and Avios tend to post a few days apart from each other but still, nice to actually being credited with flights in a timely manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

This gave me a chuckle.

I still seem to be getting flights credited within a matter of days. Anyone else experiencing this, i.e. I am no longer having issues with the majority of flights missing. Tier point and Avios tend to post a few days apart from each other but still, nice to actually being credited with flights in a timely manner.

Yes, it has been much better this year. All of my flights have been credited when booked directly with EI. 550 credits. I hope it's stays this way

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭blackwhite

This gave me a chuckle.

Odd flight out of CDG has been missed, but generally they’ve been fairly quick to credit flights the past 12 months or so

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭rio1

I’ve found it quick recently too. I had to chase on one flight from Stuttgart to Dublin in the summer but everything else really quick, generally 5 days after the flight the tier credits are added now.

Dinkie wrote: »
    My last card took about 3 weeks.

I'm still waiting on my Silver Card...anyone know if showing Silver on the app is good enough to get through Fast Track in Heathrow?

It's been fine for me as well since I made Silver in February 2017.

My gripe with AerClub was being Gold in Gold Circle for 8 years straight, then getting bumped to Green in the AerClub changeover debacle. It then only took about 7 months to make Concierge.

in terms of missing flights, I only had to chase 2-3 of them from the early days of AerClub, everything since then has been fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

That was never my experience, I was taking dozens of flights with them for the last few years and I was constantly having to claim for missing points and credits. There seemed to be no particular pattern in the random order points were credited, in most cases I’d get the outbound but not tho inbound and I’d be chasing points from previous weeks while getting points for more recent flights.
    I was spending hours every week submitting claims, sending emails, calling etc. Emails would go unanswered for months. I had a spread sheet where I would try and track the flights I’d taken to see if I got the Avios and credits and I could never get it to balance.
    The final straw came when they reset my account to zero while I was still trying to get missing points credited. I basically just stopped using them for business travel after that, I think I may have taken about six flights with them since then and I didn’t even bother checking if I’d been credited as I’m just letting the account wind down.
    It’s a shame really as I still like the product and the service they offer. I’ve since used another couple of carriers for for my work travel and have progressed through their FF status levels without once having to chase a missing flight.
    I can’t think of a single loyalty scheme, airline, car hire, hotel etc that works as badly as AerClub, even Tesco’s can manage to run a loyalty scheme that works. There are so many functioning models they could copy if they wished, they really need to go back to the drawing board with this scheme.

Advertisement