Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

I have a lot of points built up with BA and looking to transfer to AerClub and it is infuriating trying to even log into Avios:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

At the gold circle desk the other day they said new cards in the post on the 15/11

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

So I've been migrated over to Green in the Aer Club!

Does this mean I can't use fast track and the lounge anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Everyone is green :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

My status on Gold Circle is 'applicant' as I only have 700 points. I booked the flights to Chicago last week for the match via ba.com, the actual flights were BA/AA/AA/AA. Will I be able to add that trip to the new club after I'm moved over - if they move me over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

coylemj wrote: »
    My status on Gold Circle is 'applicant' as I only have 700 points. I booked the flights to Chicago last week for the match via ba.com, the actual flights were BA/AA/AA/AA. Will I be able to add that trip to the new club after I'm moved over - if they move me over?

No as I understand it but if you sign up for BA exec club, claim them there, you can then switch them over

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've been transferred over to AerClub as Platinum. I had been expecting Silver as I was Prestige, but was very close to Elite. So it looks like it's worked out well.

I was in the GC lounge in DUB this morning and the ladies were saying that the cards are/will be in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Green - 5 UK R/Ts and 1 EU R/T in the past 12 months so that makes sense. No sign of my transferred Avios balance though.

So how can we transfer Avios betwen BA and AL? I have a fair whack sitting in my BA account and it might be useful to bring them together sometime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

dudara wrote: »
    So how can we transfer Avios betwen BA and AL? I have a fair whack sitting in my BA account and it might be useful to bring them together sometime

I tried to do it the other day but my BA login does not work with Avios and there was no area on Avios website to create an account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I got the e-mail with my new member number and a new balance which includes introductory bonus points but I can't login to Aeroclub - all I can see is generic promo stuff.

On the e-mail there is a banner with my member number and beside it is what looks like a hotspot with 'My Avios' and below it 'See profile' but it's not clickable???

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Downsey77

dudara wrote: »
    I've been transferred over to AerClub as Platinum. I had been expecting Silver as I was Prestige, but was very close to Elite. So it looks like it's worked out well.

I was in the GC lounge in DUB this morning and the ladies were saying that the cards are/will be in the post.

Does the email give a breakdown of your qualifying trips or how many tier points you were awarded, or is it just a simple statement that you've been matched to platinum?

I've got about 3000 gold circle points for the last 12 months which would put me in Aer Club silver but I would definitely have reach platinum if they consider frequency of flights (i.e. BA Silver is achieved after 50 flights in 12 months), which I've hit easy.

You will be able to merge all your Avios into one account once Aer club is up & running

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

coylemj wrote: »
    I got the e-mail with my new member number and a new balance which includes introductory bonus points but I can't login to Aeroclub - all I can see is generic promo stuff.

On the e-mail there is a banner with my member number and beside it is what looks like a hotspot with 'My Avios' and below it 'See profile' but it's not clickable???

I got my email last week saying I'm green in AerClub (current gold level member). Had zero down as my tier points, and the link wasn't clickable either. Bit messy.

It looks like the goal posts for Silver in AerClub are higher than for Gold in Gold Circle, as I was on track to meet the 2,400 requirement for renewal.

The real emails are rolling out right now

And folks are getting sensible tiers based on travel patterns

No idea if the 50 flight route to status is valid

ImDave wrote: »
    I got my email last week saying I'm green in AerClub (current gold level member). Had zero down as my tier points, and the link wasn't clickable either. Bit messy.

It looks like the goal posts for Silver in AerClub are higher than for Gold in Gold Circle, as I was on track to meet the 2,400 requirement for renewal.

I'm in the green as well, (from August to August I got 2,900 points, and got back in, however November to November I only got 1,900 points, despite most of my flight being very expensive last minute bookings), so I take it I can no longer use the lounge and fast track? if so, I'll be taking my business elsewhere if the price is better while also adding fast track as an add on.

It looks like they are looking to shed a load of people out of the club back to 'entrant' level.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I'm green tier as well despite having 5,100 GC points. I've about 60,000 Avios points from travelling with BA

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Downsey77

That's surprising, I would of thought as an Existing Gold Member, renewed in the Summer that you would be matched to Silver. I think I'd be giving them a call to argue my case, as it looks like you'll lose fast track & lounge.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭geekington

This may be a dumb question but is Fast Track a benefit with Gold Circle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

geekington wrote: »

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

I still haven't gotten my email - the suspense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Yes, in Dublin, Heathrow and Amsterdam from the ones I've used it in before. There might be a few others.

LGW, SFO

LGW, SFO

+JFK

Extraplus wrote: »
    I still haven't gotten my email - the suspense!

Me neither. Must be sending Concierge out last :pac:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

You can combine your aerclub with an existing avios account very easily on the avios website.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭geekington

Thanks, been Gold Circle for a while and didn't know that the fast track security is included!

Thanks, been Gold Circle for a while and didn't know that the fast track security is included!

It's the only benefit worth having really, the lounge in Dublin is not very good, priority boarding is ok sometimes, but not essential. At certain times, Fast Track is a godsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I got shunted back to green too, right after a business transatlantic round trip that'd have pushed me well into Gold in the old scheme. Meanwhile I've just earned status with Emirates by doing four connecting round trips through DXB in the last year.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Downsey77 wrote: »
    Does the email give a breakdown of your qualifying trips or how many tier points you were awarded, or is it just a simple statement that you've been matched to platinum?

Just the latter - I think more detail will be available once you can log into your AerClub account later this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭wobblemouth

I got in on the Platinum level.

I used to always cash in my GC points for Arnotts voucher at the end of the year. I presume that option is gone?

Spending points looks very much based around UK-based companies / activities. Are we gonna be missing out here?

Advertisement