Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Pedro deNada

crisco10 wrote: »
    I get aer lingus regional to the UK mostly. Nothing but 7.5s for me. Assume it's a blanket rule at this stage.
    Thanks but the 'saver fare' can be up to €200, there seems to have been a redefining of 'saver fare' to suit Aer Lingus.
    Have BA or Iberia done the same or is it just Paddy screwing Paddy again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Economy Saver fare is ANY fare sold unless it is a Plus or Advantage. If you pay more than about 70 euro on a UK, 80 on a EU it will likely be in R or greater fare bucket and earn 15.

It could be worse EI will always issue at least 7.5, BA in similar case would issue only 5

The UK market is highly competitive thanks to Ryanair competition so fares are low and in the case of LHR the fares are high due to the high charges at LHR.

I'm booking a flight today and both legs show Economy Saver one is W the other R so 7.5 and 15, total 145.98.

And I'm a Concierge status holder with only a single return in paid business class, so to make the 1051 required it was a stack of 15 point flights around the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭rio1

You can always call them and book a fare that qualifies for 15 tier credits, it’s just not available on their website until over a certain threshold as explained above.

By the way, did anyone receive their silver pack recently? Waiting since the second week in December. Next flight in 2 weeks, wondering if I will have it by then.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

rio1 wrote: »
    By the way, did anyone receive their silver pack recently? Waiting since the second week in December. Next flight in 2 weeks, wondering if I will have it by then.

I’m waiting since the end of November for my Platinum card!!

Last year my 2 silver cards arrived after 2 weeks each, 2 platinum cards both took 6 weeks to arrive, and Concierge card arrived after 1 week!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

I’m waiting since the end of November for my Platinum card!!

Last year my 2 silver cards arrived after 2 weeks each, 2 platinum cards both took 6 weeks to arrive, and Concierge card arrived after 1 week!!

Same here. Platinum mid November. I asked on twitter about the delay:

https://twitter.com/AerLingus/status/1075808798818885634

Oh right. I think I’ll follow up in a few days. Good to know I can use the app to show status anyway. Would that work for lounges in European airports where there is one for the return flight i wonder - never have time in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

I'm waiting as well so good to know it isn't just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭barman linen

Being told that I'm Silver tier for AerClub, despite being comfortably inside the Platinum tier on both the old and new tier points system. Will be taking my business elsewhere at this rate.

I hit Concierge last year but was still showing as PLAT on boarding cards - the concierge line changed something in Astral. I'm sure the guys in the lounge could do the same for you next time you are in .

Astral PSS typically will get the status at time of reservation not at time of check in. This has changed recently where the check in in person on Astral DCS normally picks up the current status

I've had the opposite of going down a tier but retaining PLAT

Looking forward to seeing CONC for the first time next week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭NSAman

Forgive me stupidity.

I rarely spend avios points. I have about 200K of them. Apart from flights and hotels are there any other ways to spend these through AerCLub?

Also, apart from the “benefits” on AerClub, are there any other benefits of being on higher tiers in AerClub?

Concierge member here.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭geekington

NSAman wrote: »
    Forgive me stupidity.

I rarely spend avios points. I have about 200K of them. Apart from flights and hotels are there any other ways to spend these through AerCLub?

Also, apart from the “benefits” on AerClub, are there any other benefits of being on higher tiers in AerClub?

Concierge member here.

Similar situation last year, I transferred to BA and then used them to book a biz class return flight for myself to the Hong Kong 7's. Had to transit via Brussles but was brilliant and well worth it. Just had to pay taxes and charges and they where about 70 euro.

To transfer to BA you need to have an account with some tier credits (so take at least 1 trip on BA) and the same email and personal details and you can transfer them between each other on Avios.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Supervalu Real Rewards conversion now offered at 1 real rewards point for 1.5 Avios.

Not super generous but better than entry to a draw to win a flight (unless of course you were the winner:))

Hopefully the days of 2 or 3 times are not over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

mmc272 wrote: »
    Seems to be a glitch. Got extra points. I got 1.5 avios for each real rewards points plus another 50% bonus. E.g 6500 real rewards point converted into 9750 avios plus an extra 4875 avios. I ended up with a 2.25 conversion rate!

How much do you spend in SV??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Is it still taking weeks for Aer Lingus flights from non Irish airports to show up?

Its become hit and miss again

• Registered Users Posts: 68,526 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    How much do you spend in SV??

If they're anything like me the bulk aren't from SV. Credit card and energy bills for me; don't have Eir landline but that can add too.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mmc272

L1011 wrote: »
    If they're anything like me the bulk aren't from SV. Credit card and energy bills for me; don't have Eir landline but that can add too.
    That’s over 9 months. And from 2 different families combined, also use a Northern Ireland Tesco Clubcard in ROI Stores to bulk up avios. Conversion rate is 2.4

Quick question. If I want to transfer avios points from my partners account to my account so we pool our avios balance to pay for a forthcoming TA flight how do I go about doing it? I cannot find it on the avios IE site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭VG31

Quick question. If I want to transfer avios points from my partners account to my account so we pool our avios balance to pay for a forthcoming TA flight how do I go about doing it? I cannot find it on the avios IE site.

You can't, at least not without paying a large fee. You can however set up a BA Executive Club Household account where you can pool your avios.

• Advertisement

VG31 wrote: »
    You can't, at least not without paying a large fee. You can however set up a BA Executive Club Household account where you can pool your avios.

I discovered the household account on BA and also how to transfer (would be a €30 fee in my case). But cannot find anywhere from the AerLingus portal.

Has anyone at all received a new card in the last 2 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭NSAman

mwrf wrote: »
    Yep I got mine but I had to send an email....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Took well over a month between getting the requalification email and receiving the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

I got 15 points for a Cork - Amsterdam flight on Monday when i usually only get 7.5 each way.

First time i ever got more than what i should!

mwrf wrote: »

Nope. Waiting a month currently...they have told me it’s on the way...

Nope. Waiting a month currently...they have told me it’s on the way...

Arrived today, almost 2 months after moving up a tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Moved up to platinum last week. Will see how long it takes to arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭jackc101

Is moving avios.com (from Aer Lingus ) to the British Airways Executive Club considered a transaction that will keep the BAEC avios alive? (set to expire in a few months)
    Or am I as well off moving the ones that are set to expire to Aer Club as I'm more active there anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭SB Morer

jackc101 wrote: »
    Is moving avios.com (from Aer Lingus ) to the British Airways Executive Club considered a transaction that will keep the BAEC avios alive? (set to expire in a few months)
    Or am I as well off moving the ones that are set to expire to Aer Club as I'm more active there anyway?

You should do some sort of transaction to keep your BAEC membership active, as you have much more options with regard to redemptions on One World airlines through BA. It does make sense to keep all your Avios in one place, and I prefer the AerClub portal as it is based on the old Avios.com platform and allows you to transfer easily between BA, Iberia and Aer Lingus - so if I were you I'd move some points accross to BA and then at some point move them all back to AerClub. That keeps you BAEC account active and keeps all your Avios in one place. Moving them is easy and instantaneous.

Advertisement