Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

I got in on the Platinum level.

I used to always cash in my GC points for Arnotts voucher at the end of the year. I presume that option is gone?

Spending points looks very much based around UK-based companies / activities. Are we gonna be missing out here?

The Avios Ireland Eco-system will take time to build, whereas in the UK it's fully mature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

I'm silver. Was prestige on gold circle having dropped down from elite in August.

Seems like a demotion but I haven't done a lot of flying this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Downsey77

Got matched to Silver, bye bye UK lounges (bar LHR of course).

Got told by GC call centre that 600 Tier Points is Platinum, so its basically BAEC with a different name.

Really hope they have the 25/50 flights option to get to Silver/Platinum as BA do.

They told me 1051 for Concierge but I reckon she meant 1501, so again same as BAEC:

0 - 300 Green (Blue)
    301 - 600 Silver (Bronze)
    601-1500 Platinum (Silver)
    1501+ Concierge (Gold)

With BAEC 25 flights in 12 months automatically gets you Bronze, 50 flight in 12months will get you Silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

So i;ve gone to green now as well, Travel a couple of times month around Europe. So fast track and Lounge are gone for me now? Is this in effect immediately or is the Gold Circle card I have still valid to February as it's dated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

I don't think that's been clarified. AerClub comes into effect on 29th November, so it's likely GC benefits will end then too.

Lounge will be very quiet if people on the GC gold tier are going to green on Aer. Vast majority of people in the lounge seem to be on gold.

Anyone know if the Aer tiers run for 12 months form now or to your existing GC renewal date ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

With the longue access offered for silver up,does that include the US CBP one? Or is that restricted to business class?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I've spoken to Gold Circle today,

they are currently migrating people to various Aer Club tiers based on spend/flights from January this year up to now.

Then, on November 29th, they'll look at the bigger picture and look to migrate more people over on a case by case basis: spend/flights over a 12 month period, as well as length of membership of Gold Circle etc...

so, for those of us migrated to green, it's not all doom & gloom just yet, if you've still spent a good bit in the last 12 months or so, and have been in the gold circle for a few years, they'll most likely move you to silver.

Fingers crossed on that. I'd be very disappointed to lose these small perks and having gone out of my way to book Aer Lingus when better times and/or prices were available elsewhere.

• Advertisement

djkeogh wrote: »
    Fingers crossed on that. I'd be very disappointed to lose these small perks and having gone out of my way to book Aer Lingus when better times and/or prices were available elsewhere.

me too, as I've said before in other threads, the extra hour I can have in bed some mornings knowing I've fast track available to me is easily worth the extra hundred or 2 that I've (my company) paid for various flights over the years.

I had a look today in the last 12 months, I've spend €4,090 on flights alone (gaining 1900 points), go back another 2 months before that and its about 6k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Nothing stopping you buying a fast track on the Dublin Airport site – I do that these days.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭notuslimited

Downsey77 wrote: »
    They told me 1051 for Concierge but I reckon she meant 1501, so again same as BAEC:

0 - 300 Green (Blue)
    301 - 600 Silver (Bronze)
    601-1500 Platinum (Silver)
    1501+ Concierge (Gold)

With BAEC 25 flights in 12 months automatically gets you Bronze, 50 flight in 12months will get you Silver.

Assuming you book a flight which accrues points, how many tier points can you expect to get under Aer Club for a London Return, an AMS return, and a JFK return in Econ and Business. I ask because at the moment I need 28 return flights which qualify for GC points to AMS in the year to get to Elite. Using the example quoted above, how many return flights to AMS will I need to get 1501 tier points??

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭notuslimited

Edit. I've just checked the BA site. Assuming EI plus fares are comparable to the higher restricted fares which BA quote, these BA fares give you 20 tier points per return trip. This equates to 75 return flights a year to AMS in my example as opposed to needing only 28 under the EI GC club at present to reach the top tier. If this is the case, there will be a shed load of demotions from Elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Airline bashing removed I was in Amsterdam yesterday over and back, it was a "Sale" yet it still cost 270 and EI wont grant me the Gold circle points.

Hope Ryanair move into Cork and start the route like dublin because i'm sick of Aer Lingus.

..........I was in Amsterdam yesterday over and back, it was a "Sale" yet it still cost 270 and EI wont grant me the Gold circle points.

Hope Ryanair move into Cork and start the route like dublin because i'm sick of Aer Lingus.

And this is one of the enhancements that will come in for AerClub.

You will get not only Avios points for this flight but also Tier credits. Better yet you will also be awarded more due to the fact you paid more for these flights as supposed to constantly reverting to the distance between DUB and AMS in your circumstance.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Assuming you book a flight which accrues points, how many tier points can you expect to get under Aer Club for a London Return, an AMS return, and a JFK return in Econ and Business. I ask because at the moment I need 28 return flights which qualify for GC points to AMS in the year to get to Elite. Using the example quoted above, how many return flights to AMS will I need to get 1501 tier points??

I get nothing anymore for return flights to London.

Stoner wrote: »
    I get nothing anymore for return flights to London.

You'll get plenty in AerClub

I asked about the tier points for UK flights the other day. Was told Basic fare - 7.5, normal fare 15, plus fare 25 each way. This is more generous than BA who are 5/10/20, but you'd probably get more again if it's a continental flight if it's like gold circle were you got 150 instead of 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

How do you login? I can see my aerclub number but as a poster previously said theres no link to click and I couldnt login through their site homepage.

• Advertisement

encryptix wrote: »
    How do you login? I can see my aerclub number but as a poster previously said theres no link to click and I couldnt login through their site homepage.

AerClub launches on Nov 29th...login then

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MD96

Any news regarding the 'Aer Space (business class on the aer lingus european Flights) announced by IAG last year? Or they changed their mind? It would be nice specially to make a bigger difference between the prices (with drinks and snacks complimentary maybe?)

Short haul business is a waste of money imo,

I did a few internal Iberia flights a few years ago, company travel booked business as it was all that was available, sat in row 2 with the same leg room, but just a guarantee the middle seat would be empty, each time I boarded the flight, there was about 30-40 flyers (on an A320), and me feeling like a right tool on my own in the 3 row business 'cabin'.

the real kick in the teeth was they brought lovely looking rolls back to the herd, and I was given this weird horrible cheese 'delicacy'

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MD96

I did a few internal Iberia flights a few years ago, company travel booked business as it was all that was available, sat in row 2 with the same leg room, but just a guarantee the middle seat would be empty, each time I boarded the flight, there was about 30-40 flyers (on an A320), and me feeling like a right tool on my own in the 3 row business 'cabin'.

the real kick in the teeth was they brought lovely looking rolls back to the herd, and I was given this weird horrible cheese 'delicacy'

I see your point. I am not saying it would be the best choice. But this has been on the lines for some time already and on the IAG page it was written somewhere 'q4 of 2015' but nothing was launched... Was just wondering now with the new avios program etc maybe it could change

When was the last time anyone saw 30-40 people on an aer Lingus flight? Iberia must be crap at managing load factor.

maximum12 wrote: »
    When was the last time anyone saw 30-40 people on an aer Lingus flight? Iberia must be crap at managing load factor.

New Years Eve circa 2004, Dublin - Amsterdam 6:10pm departure had about 28 passengers on board.

should I be signing up for an Avios account now or will one be created for me as part of this does anyone know?

If you have a gold circle account, they'll create a new Aer Club (Avios) account for you,

They did this months ago,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Aer Space appears to have been shelved or is at least on hold indefinitely, it was an Aer Lingus project first mentioned in late 2014, long before IAG made their bid but has since disappeared.

It was mentioned in the latest IAG results a few weeks ago that Aer Lingus were looking at what Vuelling do with their premium product, ironically it's the exact same as what they planned for Aer Space e.g priority boarding, empty middle seat and a complimentary snack from the on board menu.

It seems IAG has delayed a few projects that were ongoing within Aer Lingus before the bid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

If youre one of those customers who appreciates having their loyalty rewarded 'Smart avoids Aer Lingus' ....

Advertisement