Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billing issue - need resolved ASAP please

Options
  • 11-11-2015 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've decided to try get an issue resolved here as I have spent far too much time on the phone to Eir customer service over the past week and a half and don't really seem to be getting anywhere.

I signed up a few months ago for a business sim-only @ €20.00 ex.VAT promo offer. This includes 250MB UK/EU/USA roaming data.

I was in France from Friday 30th Oct until Monday 2nd Dec. Used some data but kept to wifi when it was available. On the way back to the airport on Monday morning I received a text saying I had used €48.00 worth of data, which was a bit of a shock as I was confident I had kept within my 250MB or not gone much over. I didn't get charged for calls/texts as per my plan, so that was fine.

Called Eir support when I got back on Monday. They said they would log a ticket which would take 48 hours to resolve and that I would receive an email with a ticket reference number. I didn't receive this email. Called back the following Friday (6th) and they said it looks like my roaming data was not properly applied. They were able to tell me that I had used 260MB when abroad, so I would have been 10MB over my limit. They explained it was charged at 20c/MB which was fair enough, so I should have been charged an extra €2.00 on top of my bill. In the end I was charged over €50.00 extra. They said they'd have to log yet another ticket to have this extra charge deleted, and this would take another 48 hours. They said they would give a ticket number, just that it would be on my account. I've logged in to my account now and no sign of this being deleted. So a week and a half later there is no sign of anything being done.

I now have a bill for €78.75 due, which should be around €27/28. This direct debit is due on the 22nd of this month, and I need to get this adjusted before that is taken. I have been more than reasonable with Eir on all of the calls so far and I just need to get the issue resolved, so I would really appreciate if a rep here could help out as soon as possible.

Many thanks.

Advertisement