Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Gaming Ideas

Options
  • 11-11-2015 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Alright lads, christmas is nigh approaching and I need to decide what I want from Santa.

Full disclosure: I'm an adult human male with a job. If I want a new game/console/whatever - I just buy it.

So this is the time of the year for a bit of decedence. Something that I'm probably too sensible to buy myself, but if someone else is going to to do it then what the hell.

I own a pretty good gaming pc (2 years old) and a ps4 and I use them in a 'home office' kinda set up in my bedroom in my house. (42" TV & 24" monitor)

My set up is very inelligant so I'm thinking of perhaps getting a nice, large desk as an upgrade to my current one (which is looking dangerously warped in the centre) or perhaps a nice comforable office/gaming chair or perhaps some decent headphones (I'm currently using the in-box ps4 ones).

Any thoughts? Has anyone here made any purchases along the lines of what I've mentioned above and been really happy with their purchase? Or does anybody have any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,903 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The official PS headphones are very good. Wireless, excellent sound quality. One of the better reviewed headsets, and priced very well in comparion to the best that it matches up against.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Wireless-Stereo-Headset/dp/B00I8S4E1C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447246816&sr=8-1&keywords=playstation+4+headset

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

+1 for the headset.

Have you considered one of those lights that makes the room like it's lit by daylight..... (yeah i'm stuck for ideas, sounds like you have everything)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Thanks lads. This might be a silly question, but I presume that ps4 headset linked above will work with my PC?

I'd like to use it communicating playing Destiny on ps4, but I'd also like to use it when I'm playing Fallout 4 on my pc and I want great sound, but don't want to wake the housemates up.

Actually I can see you guys talking about it on the Destiny thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

thegame983 wrote: »
    Thanks lads. This might be a silly question, but I presume that ps4 headset linked above will work with my PC?

I'd like to use it communicating playing Destiny on ps4, but I'd also like to use it when I'm playing Fallout 4 on my pc and I want great sound, but don't want to wake the housemates up.

Check the Logitech G930, wireless and work with both PS4 and PC. I've got them, and everyone comments on how clear the mic is and its simulated 7.1 on the PC with toe Logitech Gaming Software.

On the chair side, have a look at the DX-Racer and the GT-Omega Racing chairs! Very pricey but apparently worth it. Although Bargaintown have a very good copy for 99€ :)

• Advertisement

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    On the chair side, have a look at the DX-Racer and the GT-Omega Racing chairs!

Where can you even get these in Ireland?

Cormac... wrote: »
    Where can you even get these in Ireland?

Had a quick perve at those the other day. They are on amazon.co.uk, but I'm pretty sure you're still buying direct from seller.

How do the GT Omega ones stack up agains the DX Racer ones?

Cormac... wrote: »
    How do the GT Omega ones stack up agains the DX Racer ones?

Ah. I though you were talking about a different brand, but it's just the fancier model.

No idea, but I think there are reviews on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Overclockers have the GT Omega ones as far as I know.

Just found these on OCUK aswell.
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/arozzi-enzo-gaming-chair-green-gc-006-zz.html

Might be worth a look.

EDIT: OCUK have the DX Racer ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

thegame983 wrote: »

these are highly recommended

they work on PS4 but the 7:1 feature only works on pc so you get standard stereo on PS4

Advertisement