Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courses for employed

Options
  • 11-11-2015 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭

Hi, I realise that there are great courses available for unemployed people through Springboard etc at the moment. I work full time but in a low paid job and I can't really afford the €2 - 3 k for IT courses, I'd have to leave my job, sign on for six months and then apply. It's a catch 22 situation, does anybody know of any options where I can up-skill for free or for lower fees while still working?.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

coursera or edx provide really good free courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Employed people can get on Springboard courses but (AFAIK) you have to get a letter from your employer essentially nominating you, you will also have to do work experience (so if you can't do this in-house you might have to work something out with your employer.)

Advertisement