Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eizo Gaming Monitors

Options
  • 11-11-2015 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭

Has anyone on here got any experience of these monitors?

I'm looking to hook up 2 consoles so 60Hz is fine but I also want to opt for an IPS display as this will have other uses down the line.

Price wise it seems very reasonable especially when you compare it to something similar from Asus and all the BenQ models are TN displays only.

The specific model I'm looking at is the Foris FS2434 and can be shipped from Amazon UK for about €310

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I didn't hear of them until this summer but they seem to have a few very good screens so I would trust that the rest of their range is of a decent standard at the very least.

Is there a reason you need them to be bezel-less?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Bezel-less not required just IPS and decent refresh rate. I would be using it as a second monitor to a mac in the future and would like to be able to watch a flick when required.

Okay to be honest I wasn't really expecting much feedback on this monitor as they're not readily available here but if anyone has any experience on a similar type then that would be great.

I know you can buy cheaper IPS display's and I already have an AOC but it's reponse time in in the 8ms bracket and I was hoping to drop this to sub 5ms. I was a little surprised than Dell weren't suppling anything similar in it's range either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

You probably won't get great response time out of these either to be honest, but probably better than the AOC. 1080p IPS has a good few options but nothing targeted at low response time. IPS wasn't targeted at gamers until the high end XB270HU was unleashed. AOC might have something in the 5-6ms range from some googling but you aren't going to really notice the difference between 5-8ms.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-UltraSharp-U2414H-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B00H3JIGHA/ref=sr_1_fkmr3_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1447345092&sr=8-2-fkmr3

This looks good tbh. People used to recommend it a lot (if memory serves) before the high refresh rate monitors became affordable.

Right thanks for that, very similar spec wise and I had heard good things about some of the ultrasharps before.

I'll keep googling but I don't expect to find much within my budget with a faster response time.

I suppose I should also give more thought to TN displays and the options available to compete with IPS and settle on a happy medium.

• Advertisement
Advertisement